[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest niknokdagu425

yipeee at last we saw the pics from the script reading. im so excited cant wait any longer,Such a wonderful cast all are great actors and actresses, i wonder why unnie jiwon is dressing like man maybe she is escaping from yuan empire or what???? yikes i need to orient myself about Empress KI hehehe , thanks for all the pics and update see ya all :)

In AsianWiki it says that GoF will end on 22 October (if it won't get cut). So Empress Ki will begin on 28 October. We will have to wait MBC decision if they decide to cut it or not.

- 23 days to Empress Ki (if Gof will get cut)
- 30 Days to Empress ki (if GoF won't get cut)

한국민속촌에서 10월3일부터 12월1일까지 제2회 사극드라마축제가 열리는데 현빈 주연의 영화 '역린', 하지원 주연의 드라마 '기황후' 등 촬영 현장을 볼수 있는 코너가 생겼네요. 촬영스케줄을 한국민속촌에 체크하시면 알수 있으실것 같네요. 한국민속촌 홈페이지는www.koreanfolk.co.kr.

The Korean Folk Village will hold the 2nd Historical Korean Drama Festival 2013 from October 3rd to December 1st in 2013. There is a program that will show how they film the historical Korean dramas or films such as Hyun Bin's new movie 'King's Wrath' and Ha Ji Won's new drama, 'Empress Qi'. You can check out the shooting schedule when they will shooting the movie/drama here at www.koreanfolk.co.kr.
1094542_530824990325113_1651118808_o.png

Thanks to Amazing Couple

pieracapozucca said:
The Korean Folk Village will hold the 2nd Historical Korean Drama Festival 2013 from October 3rd to December 1st in 2013. There is a program that will show how they film the historical Korean dramas or films such as Hyun Bin's new movie 'King's Wrath' and Ha Ji Won's new drama, 'Empress Qi'. You can check out the shooting schedule when they will shooting the movie/drama here at www.koreanfolk.co.kr.

A Prayer Service was held at one of the filming temples on 29 September.  Pictures are sloooooowly hitting my inbox, but here's one of Ji Chang-wook giving some sort of speech and Ha Ji-won with her back to the audience. EDIT: Not Jiwonnie after all; my source was incorrect in his assessment and I have scolded him big time. Apologies for the mix-up.  ^:)^

1938772013_0389fa38_zps4435e0ac.jpg

Also we should hear today if the premiere will be pushed to 28 October; all news reports and rumours point to the show definitely being delayed one week.  Will update as soon as fast as my fingers can type.  YAY!!!

Guest blackglory

hoyeahh! i can see ha ji won again! i really love her acting especially in action dramas/ movies. looking forward for this drama. i can see both main casts & supporting casts are great actor & great actress! 

Omona ! my feeling !!!!!! 

She is already looked like an empress in this script reading session ,, and so true what a skin and hair is this unni !! WOW ! 

Something random ! Sorry for his fans but I do not know him ! he seems like the football player form The current drama The Masters's Sun ! 

Hm.  Actually more news to report!  Baek Jin-hui has been casted as a daughter of a Yuan government official who is set to enter into a 'marriage of convenience' with (not quite Emperor at that time) Huizong/Sunje (Ji Chang-wook), when he decides to take Empress Ki as his bride instead as an act of defiance to his Royal Family (yannow, for their denying him the throne and banishing him to Goryeo and all that).  It was written in the PR pieces that 'extreme jealousy' will happen.  Ooooh, are we getting a Love Quadrangle going now? :X

She's 23 in real life but plays much younger than her age, so it is unclear if her role will be a future one, or if a time jump may be invoked in the early stages of the drama, or something else.  (Argh, I hate it when the news reports are so vague!!!)  Jin-hee just finished shooting "I Summon You, Gold" and played that annoying little sister to Woo Chi in "Jeon Woo Chi," so she's no stranger to DramaLand.  Hopefully more news regarding her character will surface soon!

02581306_zps2ad42d9b.jpg

Guest niknokdagu425

OMO!!!! im really getting excited especially about the love affair that will happen between our leads, i dont know but im feeling that i will love more unnie Jiwon's chemistry with JCW than JJM its just that she really has great chem with younger guys onscreen hehehe sorry i dont mean anything ok this is just me and my sill thoughts.peace to all ok thanks cherkell and to all for all the updates!!!Jebal MBC no more delays for unnie Jiwon's drama just like what happened with King 2 hearts :-w

More PR postings from the iMBC website this morning!  At least this offering gives a bit more historical background on the era in which this will be based.  But hmmmm... the Powers-That-Be still think that the Show will be premiering on 21 October.  Cast members should be returning from China in the next few days, so let's see how all this plays out...

1938558889_cc4a5a3e_2110845000_62ab8938_1938558889_2b9c8c26_2110845000_4f4c99a8_

Guest noniee

so until now we dont know the date for empress ki premier?

mbc so slow... maybe they need some time because from i know GOF rating in range 6-7%