[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Glad to see that the production has started filming -- thanks for all the great location pictures!  I'm recognizing several places used in other sageuks I've watched: Munyeong was shown in "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" and the Masan Gate was just prominently featured in "Blade and Petal."

JCW will join the cast on-set after he finishes his performances in 'The Days' musical scheduled for 14 and 15 September down in Jeju-do.  I'm guessing the Poster Shooting should start around that time as well.  Here's some important links to stay in touch with all the latest gossip:

MBC Drama YouTube Account  (main site; Empress Ki page not included yet)

MBC TV Drama Website (main site; Empress Ki page not included yet)

And of course, Hulu.com (in the areas that have such coverage) will be broadcasting the MBC America shows with English subs on a delayed basis.

Can't wait for 21 October and all the goodies before then!!!  SQUEEEEEEEE!!! :X

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; line-height: 1.375; "Ji Chang-wook Cast in Ha Ji-won’s New Historic Series
Posted on 2013/09/10 by Lee Hye Ji in TV 

Ji Chang-wook

Korean actor Ji Chang-wook. [Glorious Entertainment]

Actor Ji Chang-wook has confirmed to join upcoming MBC epic starring Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo.

Ji will take on a role of Sunje, the 16th emperor of the Yuan Dynasty of China, and form a love triangle with Ha and Joo’s characters in the historic drama tentatively titled “Empress Qi,” MBC announced through a press release Tuesday.

“Ji is the perfect fit for the role of Sunje since he has enough potential to lead the 50-part series and experience in historic series ‘The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo’,” an official with the drama’s producing firm Lee Kim Production was quoted as saying.

Born as the crown prince, the young khan suffers lots of hardships from early childhood after taking the imperial throne to his younger brother. He plays immature to save his life but holds deep anger inside him.

Set to premiere on October 21 after “Goddess of Fire” ends its run, “Empress Qi” is a 50-part epic about wise and attractive empress named Qi (Ha), the ancient-Korea-born empress who later becomes the ruler of the Yuan Dynasty of China.

Ji Chang-wook, who first appeared in the small screen in 2008, came into the limelight in KBS’s 2010 daily series “Smile Again” and SBS’s 2012 revenge drama “Five Fingers.”

Reporter. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

Courtesy of Glorious Entertainment

Just a moment ago I found out leam female from bachelor Vegetables Store is a cast for Suspicious Houskeeper and NOW... I found out that the lead male of BVS is new cast for Empress Ki! Wowww...And his name is Ji Chang Wook apparently :DHe'll became HJW love interest then? 

edensor said: Just a moment ago I found out leam female from bachelor Vegetables Store is a cast for Suspicious Houskeeper and NOW... I found out that the lead male of BVS is new cast for Empress Ki! Wowww...And his name is Ji Chang Wook apparently :DHe'll became HJW love interest then? 

Does anyone want to take over the first page of this topic? I'll be busy with college these upcoming months and won't have time to check on Soompi often. If anyone wants to take over, leave me a comment here and I'll ask one of the admins to make a transfer. I'm terribly apologetic about this!

Thanks to CherKell for taking over this topic!

Guest sunshine4ever

ebulli3nt said: Does anyone want to take over the first page of this topic? I'll be busy with college these upcoming months and won't have time to check on Soompi often. If anyone wants to take over, leave me a comment here and I'll ask one of the admins to make a transfer. I'm terribly apologetic about this!

Guest NEWMARIO

AsianWiki
Actor Ji Chang-Wook is cast in MBC drama series EMPRESS KI, which has already cast Ha Ji-Won and Joo Jin-Mo in lead roles. In the period drama, Ji Chang-Wook will portray Emperor Huizong of Yuan. 

His character was born as the first son of Emperor Mingzong of Yuan, but his younger brother became an Emperor and he was sent in exile to Goryeo. He has gone through many difficulties and tries to survive from threats by powerful vassals. His character falls into a love triangle with Empress Ki (Ha Ji-Won) and King Chunghye of Goryeo (Joo Jin-Mo). 

EMPRESS KI first airs October 21, 2013 in South Korea.

http://asianwiki.com/Empress_Ki

sunshine4ever said: ebulli3nt said: Does anyone want to take over the first page of this topic? I'll be busy with college these upcoming months and won't have time to check on Soompi often. If anyone wants to take over, leave me a comment here and I'll ask one of the admins to make a transfer. I'm terribly apologetic about this!

Kim Min-jung to Join Cast of "Empress Ki" as an Antagonist to Ha Ji-won

90953455_zps33cc1387.jpg
Kim Min-jeong has been cast for the new MBC drama "Empress Qi".  She takes on the role of a character who doesn't get along with Ha Ji-won in the role of "Empress Qi".

Kim Min-jeong started in dramas when she was a child and also in the 2006 hit movie "Forbidden Quest". She has an appearance that suits her well with historical dramas.

Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo have already been cast and started filming the drama as of the 18th last month. Kim Min-jeong leaves to China at the end of September to film the drama.

Meanwhile, "Empress Qi" is a 50-part drama about the love and life of a female dominator during the Yuan Dynasty. It is a drama written by Jeong Yeong-cheol and Jeong Kyeong-soon-I. Ha Ji-won takes on the role of a court lady who later becomes The Empress.

Oh this is gonna get REAL INTERESTING now!  From what I can decipher, Kim Min-jung has been casted for a Special Appearance in the drama as a yet-unnamed antagonist to Empress Ki.  I have never been a real fan of her acting (case in point, "The Thorn Birds" L-) ), so I'll reserve judgment until I see what she brings to the small screen.  Let's see how much of a beeyotch she's gonna be towards the Empress and Yuan Emperor -- she and Ji Chang-wook were a couple in real life around the time of his debut in 2007, but the relationship ended very badly.  (Emphasis on the BADLY part.)  I betcha the fire in their eyes will not be made of special effects, that's for sure!

Credit: enews24.interest.me

Guest sunshine4ever

CherKell said: I might as well make this three four JCW dramas in a row... I'm used to this routine by now. :-bd  @ebulli3nt, I just sent you a PM -- if it's okay with you, I'll keep the flame alive!

sunshine4ever said: Thanks @CherKell, I'll just entrust Ji Won unnie's new drama thread to you. It will be a long one. I heard it's 50 episodes. Woot WOOT...!!! you gotta be really enjoying JCW. ^^ I'm not too good with ancient drama, but I'll stick around because of Ha Ji Won, so hope to see more of you when this drama official starts to air in October. ^^

CherKell said: sunshine4ever said: Thanks @CherKell, I'll just entrust Ji Won unnie's new drama thread to you. It will be a long one. I heard it's 50 episodes. Woot WOOT...!!! you gotta be really enjoying JCW. ^^ I'm not too good with ancient drama, but I'll stick around because of Ha Ji Won, so hope to see more of you when this drama official starts to air in October. ^^

A slight change in plans for JCW's schedule -- his heading to Jeju-do on 13 September for his last three performances of "The Days" musical now puts him to return to the set sometime in the middle of next week.  I've also heard some of the [unnamed] cast members will be travelling this weekend to China for outdoor location shootings.  Hopefully we'll see some movement picture-wise very soon!