[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

excited to see hjw in hanbok.. it remind me hwangjini and i like the scripwriter. hope it will get high rating since it will be blokbuster drama from mbc.

Guest sara1117

Oh, so the script is being revised? Hmm well that's not a good sign for this drama popularity. As much as i care for history accuracy I care for HJW choice too. Neither Empress Ki or the emperor were good characters so I'm not sure how korean viewers would react. I'm conflicted, drama popularity or accuracy? But again, people wont like it if the writer made changes! Oh, This drama is getting so much tension even before it airs and some people are concerned about that period costume and hairstyle even MBC is having a hard time casting the second lead!

Plz MBC, be good to Ha Ji Won this time!

Oh, so the script is being revised? Hmm well that's not a good sign for this drama popularity. As much as i care for history accuracy I care for HJW choice too. Neither Empress Ki or the emperor were good characters so I'm not sure how korean viewers would react. I'm conflicted, drama popularity or accuracy? But again, people wont like it if the writer made changes! Oh, This drama is getting so much tension even before it airs and some people are concerned about that period costume and hairstyle even MBC is having a hard time casting the second lead!

I will go for well-written and well-directed drama. :D

I think accuracy will make the drama boring. Imagine 50 episodes to be based on such limited historical resources. Even the best of writers cannot do it. I think some of them may snooze off while writing the drama. Just kidding. :D

Anyways, I want the drama to be imaginative and powerful and strong and dark with a heartfelt and meaningful ending.

Im just so proud ha ji won is the lead actress for this. Exactly one month to go for October. Wake me up please when September ends. :D

now i really worry about HJW. hope the story will not chance too much. even saeguk drama like goddes of fire get low rating hope it will not effect empress qi. MBC please do a good job! and casting a charismatic 2nd lead.. beside future choice who know what drama will compete with empress qi?

@nonieeSBS will air The Suspicious Housekeeper. It will premiere at the end of Sept

oh right i forget, thank you. hope the best for HJW's drama.

koreanlite said:

sara1117

wrote:

»

Guest pandora460

I think the lead actor they picked has a look as an Emperor. OAlthough i haven't seen any drama or movie of him ' date='for sure ALWAYS with HA JI WON's partner will boost his popularity. Mind you he is good looking too. [/quote']

@tenta812. Joo Jin Moo was awesome in Frozen Flower, the only project Ive seen JJM in. He looks good in saguek. ;) but JJM is playing the role of the king of Goryeo

Dramabeans came out with an article that Ji Chang -wook is only in talks for this drama, and when I asked them, they gave me a Korean news source..

Ji Chang-wook courted to romance Ha Ji-won in Empress Ki
JiChangWook5.jpg

Well, it’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it. MBC’s upcoming sageuk epic Empress Ki(formerly called Hwatu and now just named for its heroine, likely because everyone kept thinking the drama would be about gambling) is getting back on the casting bandwagon, after early rumors that Jang Geun-seok might star. Ji Chang-wook (Five Fingers, Warrior Baek Dong-soo) is now being courted to star, with reports ranging from “confirmed” to “favorably considering.”

The 50-episode historical epic will be MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama for the bulk of fall and winter, and takes place in the Goryeo era. Ha Ji-won stars as as a Goryeo woman who gets taken to Yuan to be a royal consort, later to become Empress Ki of Yuan. Joo Jin-mostars as King Chunghye of Goryeo, an ambitious ruler determined to free Goryeo from Yuan control.

If he signs on, Ji Chang-wook will play Yuan Emperor Togon-temür, who eventually takes the heroine as his royal concubine. We’ll meet him when he’s a prince, during his exile in Goryeo (banished while the throne went to his uncle and then his own younger brother). It’s as high-stakes as a love triangle can get, with two kings, one nation fighting for its freedom from the other, and one woman caught between them. I was a little worried about who they’d cast as the younger Yuan emperor, but I’m happy about Ji Chang-wook. He’s talented, and knows his way around a sageuk. They keep casting people I like in this drama, and I’m starting to look forward to it despite its monstrous episode count.

The drama comes from the writing team behind Giant, History of the Salaryman, andIncarnation of Money, and the PD of Dr. Jin. It follows Goddess of Fire Jung-yi and premieres in October on MBC.

Source: Dramabeans

Here is the source that Dramabeans gave me:  TV Daily

Guest sara1117

pieracapozucca said: [NEWS] Ji Chang Wook confirmed to play Yuan's King Soon Jae in "Empress Ki". 

Triangle Love with Ji Chang Wook,Ha Ji Won and Joo Jin Mo in Empress Ki drama ^^

Credit to: tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=390706

It has been officially confirmed by Glorious Entertainment that Ji Chang-wook will accept the role of the Emperor of Yuan.  I'd better start stocking up on caffeine and other stay-awake pills before 21 October, since I'm going to need all my strength to plow through a 50-episode sageuk! :X

2013090801249_0_zps0ca27254.jpg

Ji Chang-wook 'Empress Ki' Triangle Romance To Unfold (via Nate.com)

Guest niknokdagu425

WOW!!! im so glad that all are settled now. For me its a PERFECT casting cant wait to see the fiery chemistry with  the three main leads.please be fast October 21 and why aren't they releasing some BTS of the filming or either the script reading?hopefully they will
<:-P