[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

@timsha, yesterday they show preview.  EH buy shoes for JT and joke with him that they may end up running away together.  How nice if that happens!

did anyone else think EH's friend ... Migyeong (?) I think her name ... is kind of pretty. she has very nice dimples when she smiles.
MG has been telling EH for countless time that JT is interested in her but she kept denying that he is ... does she really not know or chooses not to know? 
i like JT but i dun like that he's working under that foolish bully gangster. and he should man up now and confess to EH if he really likes her instead of staying around as an oppa to her. he only has himself to blame if he loses EH to any other guy who's not SJ for not taking any chance. 
as for SJ ... i think he's too wishy washy. he's letting EJ manipulate him at every turn ... i think he should just marry her since he's too soft hearted and runs around to her call whenever she threatens him with doing drastic acts or harming herself. he's not doing her any favors with his actions because she will continue to manipulate him emotionally. most likely SJ will end up marrying EJ ... then grandma finds out the grand daughter in law she endorsed is the daughter of the real criminal who causes her son's death whether it's accidental or not ... fact remains a man did die and money was taken and he let his best friend takes the blame for years excusing himself with reasons after reasons of why he should not tell the truth yet. to think EH's father was even out on that rainy night because he was concerned for SG and wanted to help him get some money. the fact that SG is no longer trying to stop his daughter from doing as she wants says a lot about the kind of integrity he pretend to have.

@exupery, Migyeong has nice dimples.  The girl who replaced EH at the toufu factory seem sweet and bubbly too. 

I agree what you say.  SJ is too soft and giving contradictory message to YJ.  Even when she not manipulating him, he is the one like fool to show concern for her.  I think let him get burn by her.  Cannot teach a fool.  

Also agree about Mr Cha.  Always he hide under his "sorry, Hyeongman, I will make it up to you" crap.  

@funi Yes that would be nice....poor girl she has enough on her plate with that wicked grandma, YJ and Seokgu.  I just finished watching ep 48, and my blood pressure has sky rocketted.  Both YJ and her father leaves me in total shock to how bad, sly and cunning they have become.

Earlier EH's problem with VIP guest has been resolved (EH helps the VIP senile mum) and she gets to keep her job.  We see a nice scene where the VP on questioning her the reason for her altercation with the VIP, finds out is cos of the watch and took it from her so that he could have it repaired...he definitely has feelings for her .

I am going to skip lots of stuff and skip to the main happenings....... after again getting rejected by SJ, YJ goes to the hotel, picks a fight with EH telling her to leave the hotel, she is shameless as her father is a murderer....  SJ comes upon both of them, and has some harsh words for YJ, she tries to lie her way out of it but SJ is not listening......she later sees a tender moment between them....EH helping SJ when he falls down after bumping into someone.  That was enough to tip her over the edge I think.  She comes up with another devious plot.  She buys a bottle of poison, takes it home and places it in her drawer.  Then she leaves the house, and gets her friend to call her home.  Friend phones YJ's mother and gives some flimsy story about YJ borrowing a book (?) of hers that she needs it urgently and could YJ's mother check in her drawer for it.  Of course YJ's mum discover's the bottle, and jumps to conclusion she is trying to commit suicide.  She and Soekgu privately have a talk with her and YJ lies and says yes she wants to drink the poison and die..... lots of wailing, crying to manipulate both parents emotionally....it works cos the next day what does the coward Soekgu do.......he goes to Seoul Hotel to meet EH (while waiting he sees Lora Kim passing by and I think hwe found her familiar).  Seokgu tells EH to stay away from SJ, poor EH has a tough time handling this situation, and she tells him pitifully, 'you all asked me to break up, so we broke up, you asked me to leave Incheaon, so I left, what more do you want me to do?'.....and this is where Seokgu gets really evil,  he tells EH that it is true that her father murdered SJ's father.....and then goes on further to explain his cooked up version of the events of that happened that nite of how her father killed SJ's dad.

No wonder YJ is becoming as sly and devious as she is........she is after all Soekgu's daughter. I really find Seokgu total despicable now.....he need not have told those lies to EH about her father.  So much for repaying Hyeongman for helping him all those years.  Instead of being firm with his own child he makes Hyeongman's child suffer even more.  I hope the ghost of EH's dad will come back and haunt him till he goes stark raving mad.  Seokgu shows he willing to stoop to any level to make his daughter happy.

Preview show Seokgu running into gangster Kang Jaepil, some words and Seokgu grabbed mobster's shirt.  SJ and EH meeting and EH tells him she has anothe man.......SJ devastated (bet that engagement is around the corner).  VP returning repaired watch to EH.

Guest atomickitty

yup @timsha.. I knew it was too good to be true.. a TV Novel where the bad people didn't get more evil and do more crazy things.. that is what I was hoping for. But I just knew this turn would happen. And it did. It has started. I just hope Mr. Cha doesn't end up driving someone to the woods and poisoning them. Maybe YJ will do that since she already bought the poison. Stupid girl. Well.. what am I saying.. she'll probably end up getting married to SJ like she wants so.. smart girl.

I really was hoping Mr. Cha would take the high road and not stoop to such a low place.. but alas. He will get his.. They always (almost) do. We're only about 1/3 of the way in. We have so many more episodes before the full truth is revealed.. maybe 60 more? I don't know how I will handle seeing Mr. Cha and YJ's conniving faces for that many episodes. I think my head might explode. Wouldn't it be nice if the writers let the cat out of the bag sooner... maybe in the next 30 episodes? I think the catalyst will be when Lora Kim finds out who EH is and then finds out that they say her brother killed someone. Then the investigation will really start because I'm sorry to say, but having money makes a lot of difference.

Maybe the truth will be revealed in drops. First there will be proof that EH's dad didn't kill anyone because maybe they realize he was somewhere else at the time of death. Then once that's cleared, slowly it will start to be clear that Mr. Cha is the culprit. I think the pocket watch will play a part. Because EH's dad gave it to Mr. Cha to sell to save his son.. OHHH just thinking about it is making my blood bubble. The man gave you his possession so you could sell to save your son.. and this is how you repay him? Fine, you're a cowardly toad and don't want to confess.. we get that.. but do you have to tell his daughter those lies? Don't the words strangle you as they come out of your mouth? Sorry, I get carried away. I start talking about one thing and before I know it I'm somewhere else...

@atomickitty said, "He will get his.. They always (almost) do."  But lately trend seem to be they are not.  The last horror drama we watched, the bad guy not only forgiven.  At last episode, he is shown like angel from angel looking down pleased at what he saw.  Daughter always reminded to remember father's love for her.  Nobody remember father is thief and murderer!  He glorified.

And show before that, the girl married this psycho.  Toward last episode, she revealed that at time she married him, she already in love with him.

Have all the writers in kbs gone mad? 

@atomickitty Exactly how I felt.....all this while I thought Soekgu is someone who couldn't even harm a fly if he tried.....then he does this so very cruel thing to EH.... without so much as a blink and with a straight face branding her father a murderer.......what an awful man this coward has turned out to be overnite.  He wants his daughter's happiness at the expense of a loyal friend's innocence and EH's suffering/pain.  I hope when EH tells this to her mother and she will go on the warpath and give Seokgu hell. 

Not sure about the pocket watch being key to exposing him as a killer, I was thinking more like Lora Kim seeing it and realising that's her brother's watch, and then realise who EH is and how her brother died, then like u said money makes a difference and she surely will not leave any stone unturned to clear her brother's name, plus she has friends in high places.

Also if SJ marries YJ, then he deserves her........isn't there any other woman in Incheon except this snake???  Maybe the daughter of the hospital director he was supposed to have a blind date with.  For once I hope there is a writer who will think exactly like us and not take the predictable route.  SJ should say it loud and clear, I will never ever marry my sister to that stupid Grandma, Seokgu and YJ.   SJ should also buy a bottle of poison and keep it in his room.....that way they will back off ramming this marriage down his throat.

@timsha, is Lora Kim, Hyeongman's sister?  She hold picture of herself with EH's mother. Can she be sister of the mother?  I keep forgetting to ask - how come Lora Kim ask the gangsters to her hotel?  She run legitimate business why need gangsters?  In this, I agree with the VP when he pass comment about the gangsters.  The VP seem lonely man.   

Going by EH's surname Kim, I assumed Lora Kim is Hyeongman's sister.  Regarding the gangsters, Kang Jaepil runs the nightclub there......keeps gangsters around to take care of trouble, etc but whether she employed Kang Jaepil or he got some kind of lease to run that night club.... I have no idea, but that slimeball keeps tabs on everything, hoping some's secret might come to his knowledge so that he can financially gain from it thru blackmail.  I find it strange that in 4 yrs, not once JT found out that it was not Kang Jaepil who bailed him out of prison......Jaepil gave this impression to JT and keeps JT bound to him..... I hope EH will enlighten him the truth.

Thanks @timsha.  I am amaze that EH so blind she not recognise gangster when he come with JT to her clothing factory.  I thought then she would tell JT truth.  Because JT not in Incheon so maybe he don't know the truth.  I wonder if JT waiting for 5 years then he quit.  He suppose to jail for 5 years so maybe he think give 5 years to Jaepil?  When JT find out truth I hope he don't use violence and end up in trouble.

Guest bkrommo

Thanks @timsha for your short write ups, I enjoyed it and looking forward to watch those coming episodes. This TV Novel so far moving well and from the comments Mr Cha seems to show his true colours when cornered. Hope Eunhui's mother gets to know about this and visits the hotel and meet Lora Kim.

I wish KBS TV Novels would go back to the old format of using an unseen narrator the audience would hear in each episode, that way you could at least know what select characters are actually feeling/thinking. That's also another reason why I felt such dramas were termed "TV Novels" in the first place.

Guest atomickitty

i know @funi, they don't really get what's coming to them. so i said (almost). korean dramas like to forgive everything. even the most heinous acts of betrayal.

though i know it won't happen, i'm waiting for when everyone knows the truth and then mr. cha can be spit roasted. i don't think he'll kill himself as he's too much of a coward. and besides, the statute of limitations for the killing has passed. he'll probably just crawl under a rock somewhere. he should take his daughter with him when he goes.

hi @creidesca. I'm watching you are a star. up to ep 20 something.. when the crazy girls parents go to the guys house and ask what he's going to do about their crazy lying daughter.. another mess of a female character there. though i blame her crazy on her father.

I daren't watch this drama after the other two that precede this. I watched the first few eps and on and off. This last few days being watching, look like it going to be a great show. Like Eun Hui har acted here. Seem to be a strong character with a mind of her own. From the beginning I like Jeongtae more than seogjae. The two looks great tog in Seoul. Jeongtae has been by her side and helping her all along and even watch her loving SJ, he was all support. Am on the side of EH and JT. Hopefully writer will keep this momentum and not change EH to be a dimwit ted, stupid and weak character. So far great storyline here. Just waiting to see when the father will review the truth. Because of his dark secret, many unhappiness happen. I am watching same ep as @Funi. Think it was you who recommend me this show. Plse writer, keep EH strong but wardrobe, plse give her better appearance and clothes.

@krgeek Yes lets hope that least this scriptwriter focuses on the actual synopsis of the drama.......instead of the other one we are watching were people have really taken the writer to task over her complete about-face on the synopsis.

What I do not understand is why Lora Kim is still not aware EH is her niece when she should have known who are her parents by looking at EH application form, unless she did not since EH is not her secretary.

@krgeek Nice to see u here too. Yes lets hope that least this scriptwriter focuses on the actual synopsis of the drama.......instead of the other one we are watching were people have really taken the writer to task over her complete about-face on the synopsis.

@mckh Actually LK is the one who interviewed her ....I think LK hired EH based on JT recommendation and personal interview.  I never saw her with the application form ....only the VP made it a point to look at it.....maybe thru sheer curiousity.

Its already late afternoon, and I have just started on ep 49, so going to leave some parts out ...SG is a snake....basically lies to EH that her father confessed to him while in police custody (that was the gist of his very long bald faced lies)...EH tells him not to tell this to her mother. SG has a fight with mobster boss after leaving EH over some sly remarks slimeball made about SG meeting EH.

EH phones SJ and they meet.......tells him she has never loved him and that she has someone else she likes, she does not want her past relationship with him come out now that she is working at the hotel....poor girl, we see EH crying by herself, and SJ too is in pain thinking their relationship has ended. 

Grandma found out YJ's bought poision to kill herself and as usual gets all worked up and blah, blah, blah (annoying old lady.....its like only her opinion matters).

JT and EH meet, she tells him that she has end everything with SJ. Meanwhile SJ in his darkroom reflects on his conversation with EH, burns her photograph.....(is it something symbolic???)

Mobster Kang Jaepil comes for an appointment with LK, but before that shoots him mouth off about having 'rescued' JT from jail time. EH is taken aback and queries whether that is the reason JT works for him.  She tells him that is not the truth. Slimeball tells her not to forgot that is cos of him that both met in Seoul  (I hope EH now that she knows why JT is working for slimeball, will tell him the truth of who actually bailed him out).

LK and Kang Jaepil disucss some incident at the night club, then she asks for JT to accompany her for an appointment, mobster boss upset he is left out of the loop.  LK and JT pays a visit to another nasty looking thuggish individual (with some henchman in the background) at a huge building, a not too pleasant exchange takes place, thug is not pleased at all with LK.  LK tells JT to be careful and that he is no ordinary person. (I dont know what that whole thing was about......but I have a feeling this thug will play some kind of role later).

VP returns repaired watch to EH....she thanks him and tells him its her most precious possession as it belonged to her father.

A hilarious scene, Sambong with Mija's help set up his father in law with a blind date. FIL not too impressed with candidate   =)) =)) (neither am I!!!). He is doing his best to get out of it, painting a bad picture of his health and stuff.

SJ meets an old friend and talks about going overseas to study. In a separate scene, EH and MG talk, EH is having a tough time after having lied to SJ and feels he is pitiful.

SJ meets SG and tells him he wants to go overseas.  SG telling him to think about Grandma and YJ.  He told YJ cant give him up and has even planned on killing herself.

Preview:  Just writing on what matters to me,  JT protecting LK from the gangsters .....takes them on single handedly while LK escapes with driver ..... scene shows him being stabbed (?) in the stomach.   :(( :((  =((

Archived