[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

@Betty59  :-h   Its always nice to meet someone new here.  But I must really say something, my Korean is really so basic that I cant translate precisely, but I can overall understand where they are going with their conversations...... will definitely make lots of mistakes, so pls feel free to correct me anytime.

Guest Betty59

@timsha, thanks for the welcome.  I am grateful for any recap that helps to put the story into context.  I'm trying to learn Korean, and watching the RAW episodes forces me to listen to the dialogue (I'm UK English).   Added to that I wouldn't dream of correcting you. 
Right now I'm struggling to find ep.38 so I can watch it. I've been watching this series on Dramaholics. Ep.38 was there last night but I was watching eps. 36 &37 and fell asleep, now today ep.38 is unavailable to me.  I guess the subbers are working on it but it will take a couple of days before I can see it.  It looks as though I'll have to skip that ep. and watch ep.39 as I can load that and the others.
I have a long weekend as Monday is a bank holiday. It's raining today so I am going to stay in bed today until I have watched all episodes to no.45 which I think is the last one aired. I can't use Viki as I'm outside the region.   So, if you don't hear from me, I haven't gone to ground, "I'm watching telly" as we would say in the UK.  :D
By-the-way, I think you were commenting on Eun hi's hair and grooming.  I was thinking the same thing.  Sometimes I'm distracted by the way it is scraped back into that awful ponytail.  I want to drag it out and give it a good brush.  Just for once, I would like to see her hair down. She'd even look more presentable in the crummy clothes she has to wear.  Now that she works at a grand hotel, you'd think she'd smarten herself up a bit.
She's pretty without make-up, so if she wore even just a little and her eyes were framed with mascara and eyeliner she'd look stunning.  Perhaps that's to come.........

Guest bkrommo

• Wow this TV Novel comments starting to fire up after a slow start, I am really starting to enjoy it so far ( hope it does not start to go downhill like Love My Love and be better than Samsaengi). Started reading post 4 yesterday then post 3 today till post 5 and 6. Thanks so much @timsha, @funi, @atomickitty, @creidesca, @exupery, @mckh. I really enjoy reading all the posts with its comments especially humorous comments on YJ and SJ's Uncle. Hopefully Eunhui can see and bring out Jeongtae deep and hidden feelings for her. He is a real cool character compared to the other two. Mr Cha indirectly caused SJ's father death but he got his payback when his son died while caring for SJ's Grandma in the aftermath of the war. So he is in 2 minds to reveal the truth or confess to Eunhui's mother and  Grandma and so far it shows he is not greedy. When the crunch comes maybe he might cave in to his bad side so lets wait and see. Am now at ep35. The Lora Kim character looks interesting and hopefully the writers develop it well, to give some more punch to the story line. I am also watching Dr Ume (Japanese Drama) where there no bad guys.

@bkrommo Lora Kim is Eun Hee's aunt....u will see her in one of the episodes holding a family potrait of both Eunhee's parents and herself (she is holding a new born infant in the photo...I am assumely that is Eun Hee when she was a baby).  Not 100% sure but she is trying to locate her brother....so again as someone here stated in one of their post, she could be instrumental in investigating her brother's death and revealing the truth.

I am in 2 minds about Seokgu...I think initially prior to the war, he was a mouse of a man who was horrified at the death he caused but lacked courage to come forth cos of his sick son and wife. When he did pluck up courage it was too late cos the war broke out,  and Hyeongman died branded as a murderer. Now more than 20 yrs down the line he is deluding himself that he will confess 'at the right time'.  I dont think so...... the stakes have changed for him now that he has position, money, social status, and then there is his daughter's future to think of, he will never confess now and would definitely try and prolong finding the 'right time'. He has tried 'bribing' EH's mother to move to another town...but she refused to take the bait, then he offered to find EH another job, even when EH and her mother were suffering cos of that malicious old lady, he never seem to run out of ideas how to keep his secret intact until the 'right time'.  Infact you will see, I think it was in ep 45, he got furious with SJ for questioning the detective.......truth be told he has no right to do so but we see him yelling at SJ cos he was scared that the detective might reveal information that so far has been withheld from the old lady....about a witness seeing another man running away on the night of the murder.  His wife also seeks to maintain their position in the family.....when YJ confess to wanting to marry SJ, she thought it was a good propositon, cos if SJ married some other woman, they might lose their standing in the family and might have to shift out.  I dont think he will confess at all, infact now that he has ageed to YJ marrying SJ, all the more reason to keep the truth hidden to protect her future as well.

I think Seokgu will no confess.  He also did not tell his own wife what happened.  If he told her, she will not want YJ to marry SJ. 

The old lady told YJ she will agree to the marriage if her parents agree.  Then it is clear she use her pressure on Seokgu.  So much for she respecting the parents decision!  She must always have her way.  She think she humble and considerate person.  But not really!

@bkrommo, I don't know what word to use to describe Seokgu.  Many times he want to confess but like @timsha say, he always think he will do it later, at right time, after old lady pass away.  He always think when he confess later, he will make up for all the suffering EH and mother experience.  How can he do that when his silence means their suffering just keep increasing?!  He is used to the position he enjoy now and comfortable life he and family living.  Is that call greedy?  Or lack of honesty?  He gulp in fear whenever old lady mention she will not forgive Hyeongman and family for death of her son and how she want justice (actually she want revenge) from them. 

Sorry to people who love this drama,i just come by to read comments on this drama,it might good drama but since I finished TV Novel drama called Dear Love, I wouldn't dear try any of their drama again.

Guest bkrommo

Thanks @timsha and @ funi for your insights, I agree that it will get worse for Seokgu to confess as time goes by. We will wait and see how he handle this problems from time to time. 

Guest Betty59

After watching all the episodes to 45,  I feel so sorry for Seongjae.  His family would rather force him into what will seemingly be a loveless marriage - on his part at least - to that odious YJ. What caring parent or family would wish that for their child? Seongjae clearly still loves Eun-hi, as does she.  But she will never let on because of her promise to the rotten Grandma.  I was surprised that Mr Cha knew about it especially when Grandma told Eun-hi to take the promise she made with her to the grave, but it was acceptable for her to tell Mr Cha. I thought the agreement was only between the two of them, to secure Jeongtae's release and for her to get as far away from Seongjae. 
I won't say any more about Eun-hi's dull dress sense.  But if I were going back to my old workplace, where I was thrown out onto the street so badly I would have made sure I was 'dressed to the nines'.  

The look of surprise on Mr Cha's and Grandma's faces were priceless when they saw that Eun-hi was personal assistant to cold guy, Vice President, the client they were meeting from Seoul Hotel. Priceless!  
I too am on team Jeongtae, he's perfect for Eun-hi - if only she could see what we see.   Since he left the Tofu factory he's looking fine in a suit!  
Can't wait for ep. 46.... 

Guest atomickitty

you said it @timsha!
I am looking forward to seeing how they all deal with EH surprise return. I'm so glad she returned in a better position than when she left. It really annoyed me that she had to sneak out of the town, like she was a thief. I get that she did it to help JT, but it still rankled.

Welcome @Betty59. Glad to see more people discussing the show.

@atomickitty Yes its nice to see her return, but I wished like @Betty59 suggested she dressed up to the nines.....she should have a major wardrobe and personal grooming overhaul......long overdue. She looks drab, dreary and haggard.  What a pity, in the drama 'Dont Look Back' she really looked so pretty as the young Haewu. Why is that YJ who stays in Incheon is way ahead in this department, whereas EH dresses like she is wearing somebody's cast offs when in actual fact she is working in the city?? But I think they will change this soon......we have seen such transformations before in previous TV Novels.

Anyway  ep 46 starts with venomous granny spitting with rage after seeing Eun hui, blaming Lee Baeksu for not doing his homework right.  Cockroach in total shock how his little business plan might go awry.  I really love this actor playing Lee Baeksu......seen him in other dramas but he really outdid himself here playing that slimey odious character Lee Baeksu is. Cha Seokgu is also furious with Baeksu, but SJ informs Soekgu  although he knew about EH working in Seoul Hotel,did not tell them so as not to worry them.

Vice Pres. guy (I think his name is Choi Meongho) and EH drop by soup shop for a meal, and for the first time he actually looks warm and relaxed, greeting EH's mum with a smile on his face.  He was considerate enough to leave EH alone with her mum so they could talk.  We see a nicer side of him, both Sundeok and her father dying out of curiousity.  Back at Seoul Hotel, Lora Kim who keeps tabs on the Vice Pres. movements receives a phone call informing her that he is now at the soup shop. JT finds out that both Vice Pres and EH in Incheon.  Poor JT heartache upon heartache where EH is concerned......now he has to worry about 2 guys.

Back home in Incheon, Baeksu almost has a heart attack when he sees his wife and Mija having coffee with Seokgu's wife.  He tells his wife about EH coming to the factory, and both come to a the conclusion that this could work in his favour, i.e. getting SJ and YJ marriage plans to derail.  Oh yes that little snake YJ, after seeing EH and Vic Pres. goes  running to Grandma, who assures her its only business with Seoul Hotel and that she does not have to worry.....and then of course the usual scene of YJ barging into SJ's room this time insinuating that EH has found another man and SJ is stupid to still have feelings for her (something like that), in sheer frustration he tells her to get out..... if I were him and I lock the room door 24/7  X(  enough of her always trespassing on to his privacy.

On the way back to Seoul....Vice Pres seem to again have hit the nail on the head when he guessed that SJ and EH seemed to have been in a relationship in the past.  JT talks to EH about her visit to Tofu Factory, he is not pleased about it. Then JT and Vice Pres have words regarding VP taking EH back to Incheon.  All in all JT is upset about EH's business trip to the Tofu Factory. Poor man, writer nim pls give him a break.

Seokgu passes a contract to Baeksu to take to Seoul Hotel, and the cockroach deviously passes the task onto SJ .  He goes off to play hooky, runs into  the police and gets a  complimentary hair cut of sorts  =)) leaving him no choice but to return to the Company and gets caught by a furious grandma and Seokdu.  SJ in Seoul Hotel for an appointment with Vice Pres....he is not in so secretary sends him to Vice Pres's hotel room and EH answer's the door together with Vice Pres.  End. 

Just by opinion, I bet SJ is suspicious now of their relationship and watching the preview I think both Grandma & Seokgu will now force the engagement upon SJ as they foresee it as the only way to 'safe' SJ from EH's clutches.....and SJ loses his temper with YJ for always questioning him about EH....god she is sooooo annoying clingy and inquisitive.

Guest atomickitty

Hi @bkrommo, welcome to you as well. I am enjoying this TV Novel so far. I thought it would be more of the same, but even within the same, it's throwing a few curves. I like that Mr. Cha, so far, is not an out and out villain. He is definitely a cowardly man. I don't think he'll ever say what happened with his own mouth. I think someone will have to figure out that it was him that did it. The question is, will he do crazy things to stop whoever figures it out from telling? Or will he continue in his cowardly way and let it all be told.

Hi @nide4, I don't blame you. TV Novels can be horrible sometimes. I did not like Dear Love.. at all. I got so frustrated with it at one point and just watched the end. I also did not like Dear My Sister. The only reason I'm back here is because of @timsha and @funi. I will blame them if this turns into another annoying TV Novel... ;)

@timsha, I have different opinion about EH's dressing on return to toufu factory.  Before when she work there, she dress plainly.  Now she return also plain dressing ... she is same person.  They don't know how to treasure the gem she is but bigger place like Seoul Hotel know how to value her as person.  They see her inside and value her.  Not like toufu factory - see outside and kick her out.  And YJ all dress up ... because all YJ focus on is external. 

I actually like that EH return to toufu factory dress like that.  She telling them they not so important to her that she must dress up to impress them or intimidate them.  Her power comes from within.  Not like them so wrap up in external appearance.

Guest atomickitty

I see both your points @funi and @timsha, about the way they are dressing EH. I understand that she cant dress as well as YJ because she doesn't have as much money, or the time to worry about that. She's too busy working... BUT.. she should have the time to brush her hair. That is one ratty ponytail. I think she can take the time to smooth it out a bit. It just looks all over the place. Like @funi, I don't mind the boring clothes as it fits who she is, but like you @timsha, I will need her to run a comb or brush through that hair...

I think Lora Kim was the secretary to VP boy's father before they got married. She is, as we figured, his step mother. She asked him in the office if he's thinking other thoughts (romantic thoughts I think) towards EH and he replied snidely saying something like.. what, can't a boss like (or marry.. don't remember right now) his secretary.. I think from the way he said it, and the music that was playing, Lora Kim was his father's secretary. Maybe they mentioned it before.. I don't pay much attention to them when they talk because it's usually she says something.. and he acts like a spoiled brat and walks out.

Poor SJ.. I am starting to feel bad for him. And I really hope he doesn't end up married to the daughter of his father's killer. It would just be, really sad. Not saying I want him with EH.... I think JT is a better fit... or the new guy even. I'm liking the new guy (Mr. VP) because he looks like the type that goes after what he wants. I think if he starts to like EH, he won't hesitate to tell her. And when he finds out that EH is related to his step mother, I feel he would fight better than SJ did to keep her. Characters like SJ never get the girl because they are always so.. soft, somehow. They tend to let the people in their lives move them around and follow the bad advice. I can just picture it later on after he's married YJ and they find out who killed his father.. the grandmother will just keep wailing and wailing how it's all her fault.. like they always say. Maybe he will marry and start to fall in love with crazy desperate liar stalker YJ, and then they find out, and then his grandmother says you have to divorce. I would find that very funny....

Guest dramaok

I recently chanced upon this and I am kind of in love with vice president choi myung ho ( by lee ha yool ). I havent watched a tv novel in forever and i only watched the last 10 or so episodes but this is the show i anticipate with most excitement just to catch glimpse of vice president. I dont really know what's going with jungtae and the tofu factory's son they both seem to like eunhee but i want vice president to fall in love with eunhee so we get more screen time for those two.

I must warn that I had a tough time with this episode, cos I found I could not understand precisely what was being said......so be forewarned about the possibility of many many mistakes in this recap.

In Ep 47, EH in VP's hotel room to hand over his bottle of medication (not sure but some meds for his hand?? and something about his father's death), when SJ rings the door bell and sees EH/ VP come out of the room.  Some discussion about the contract after which VP invites him for a meal, SJ turns it down.  Did I say I love this VP guy, he is intent on provoking SJ, cos he casually mentions something about EH's mother's cooking/food (??) which makes SJ even more upset. 

SJ waiting for EH at hotel foyer to talk, she refuses but he insist he will wait for her till she comes.  VP approaches mobster boss and found about SJ/EH's past relationship and how they were forced to break up after which left for Seoul (no mentioned of his or her fathers ....so I am assumingly this slimeball does not know the truth????).

Its late and VP sees SJ waiting in front of hotel, offers help to EH who is avoiding going home a lift.  Says something about EH being like that cos she still loves SJ......VP drops her off at bus stop as she demands and drives off.  EH thinking back on SJ waiting, turns around and runs to the hotel but he has already left.  SJ back at home....YJ waylays him wanting to know if he met EH.....some heated conversation follows overhead by Seokgu who promptly ticks SJ off and tells him to apologise to YJ, he also says something too YJ (not to clear...something about why the relationship has come to this between them??). Seokgu at a loss what to do about his only daughter's happiness.  Next day he reports to Grandma on the events of the previous day, and that deranged old grandma decides to force the engagement upon SJ.

EH gets into an argument with an odious toad of  a VIP guest/Lora Kim  (over the VIP kicking her father's watch)  and refuses to apologise, Lora Kim tells her to apologise or be terminated (???).  Soekgu goes to meet EH's mum and while talking to her about EH's visit to the Factory, the detective walks into the soup shop, leaving Seokgu stunned.

Backhome grandma is talking to SJ in the office telling him to not visit Seoul or EH anymore. She raised her voice when SJ objected reminding him of his father's death and forbade him from pursuing EH.  

Detective informs EH's mum of the witness...she is surprised by the news and further shocked when the detective tells her that Seokgu's knows....he gives her some filmsy excuse that leaves the detective even more suspicious. He is even more suspicious Seokgu wants to visit the witness in Busan and alone and seem to discourage EH's mum when she wants to go to Busan too.  Later the detective and Seokgu adjourned to a for tea at a shop for a longer discussion (did not understand but Seokgu is feeling pressured).  Soekgu and YJ having a discussion over drinks among other things about SJ and also what YJ would do if she found out her father is not who she thinks he is.

EH's mum having discussion with elderly landlord about wanting to go to Busan if there is some way to clear Hyeongman's name.

YJ having another disucssion after having drinks with her father, she wants to either go abroad to study or suggests to Seokgu that they should shift out cos she is finding it difficult to stay under one roof with SJ after he has rejected her. Seokgu says he cant do that cos of Grandma, this upsets YJ cos he is not thinking about her situation.  Seokgu asks cant she give up on SJ, to which YJ says that she rather die than give him up. Basically she weeping and sobbing on her father's shoulder that she cant give SJ up.

Next morning, Seokgu brings SJ along to Grandma's room and tells him to get engaged to YJ, leaving SJ shocked and upset.  END

Preview:  As usual Grandma has some harsh words for SJ. I think EH is in trouble at work over the VIP guest, angry YJ goes to EH's work place and they have an angry exchange.  VP having conversation with step mum I think about EH's problem......he seems to be backing EH.

@timsha, this is third forum we meet and only now I know you are Korean language expert :)) Thank you for hard work translating episode.  I think the writer going to make Seokgu go more and more bad.  When truth is revealed, very hard for others to believe him.  He has lived lie all these years.  Now he also run and tell tales to silly old woman to protect his place in that house! 

I find it not so easy to think kindly of SJ.  It is also his fault.  The movie he refused to see with psycho YJ.  But when raining, he go and fetch her.  Even worse, next day buy ticket to see movie, take her to dinner.  Then day after he himself said he will take her to villa.  He know the psycho is after him.  Her feelings not changed.  He give her conflicting message.  He encourage her psycho behaviour.

@funi u are teasing me now......I learn to undertstand Korean language after starting to watch Kdrama about 3 yrs ago.....before that I did not know a word....but now can understand a bit of verbally spoken korean language.  I wanted to take some classes to improve but so far haven't  found. When u watch episodes on KBS World u will see the many mistakes I made . :\">

For example in today's ep in KBS world, I previously thought YJ planned an overnite stay at that villa with SJ (cos she packed this slightly big suitcase), then I found out today it was supposed to be a day trip cos she wanted some quality time with SJ.  That psycho packed a suitcase that big for a day trip!!!!! Maybe she was hoping to do what that rat did to JS and force him into a relationship????

Actually I dont know why and how I am recapping......I just wanted more people to join us in our discussion....cos on my own it was pretty boring, but now we have company......I am happy as a cricket.

Guest atomickitty

hi cricket, ;)
and everyone else....

things are really moving in a good direction. for me at least. i am very interested to see if they're really going to make SJ marry YJ. i want to see how hard he will try to fight to get out of it. he might do one of those stupid things drama characters do.. when they say things like "i can't be with the love of my life so i'm going to settle and marry someone i don't love". idiots. i always think that's the dumbest thing ever. even if they end up loving the person they married. i still think it's stupid (My Daughter Seo Young... hated that). if SJ and YJ are going to get married, i have a feeling YJ is going to find out about what her father did BEFORE the wedding.. and you know the crazy isn't going to stop the wedding. she's going to want to still go through with it.  even though she's yelling at EH right now to stay away from SJ because EH's father "killed" SJ's father. bet she won't stay away from SJ when she finds out it was her father's doing... hypocrisy.

also, i hope new guy doesn't become a love interest and stays like an older brother to EH, just helping her out. i really, really, REALLY, don't want to go to through the drama of "we can't be together because we're 'related'". it looks like it's already starting though as in the previews it looked like Lora Kim was selling EH out, or trying to get rid of her.. something... won't know till i watch the episode. it's sad cuz i like new guy. i think out of all of them, he seems like the one that would be 'selfish' enough to do everything in his power to be with EH.

@atomickitty agree with u...its definitely going to be YJ  who discovers that its her father who is responsible for the death of SJ's dad.  However YJ with her 'I must have SJ or I will die' mentality will hide this truth to marry SJ. This is the common plot line in Kdramas where its always the evil character that knows everything first....so we can safely expect this here to.

Regarding VP guy, he is taking an extraordinary interest in EH's life..... he is definitely developing some feelings for her, and am sure its not of the 'brotherly' kind.  Also the way I see it if he has no love interest in EH, there is no reason to make his character as the 'step cousin' they could have just made him her real cousin......maybe writer want to throw in this plot just to make things interesting if YJ really marries SJ. 

I feel sorry for SJ, the guy must be close to 30 yrs and I dont know why he is letting them bulldoze him into marriage with that sly fox.......he is just too nice for his own good.  Where the drama is at now,  I am OK with EH ending up with either of these 3 guys.

I just thought of something.....if SJ marries, and VP is related, the only available man would be JT....again that would make me happy as a cricket!!!

Archived