Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Japan TV Guide Haru Hana 2013 Sept Issue

Special interview with Joo Won ~ first time challenging romance comedy

mmdc.png

Great performance in playing Han Gil Ro as a secret agent of National Intelligence Service

~ Active musical actor Joo Won was highly praised for his acting in his debut drama “Baker King” and in no time, he is under the spotlight of  “Hallyu Star of Next Generation”.  He is named as “Prince of Ratings” because the dramas “Ojakgyo Brothers” and “ Bridal Mask” in which he played the lead role, achieved high viewer ratings.  After that, he challenged his first time in playing a romance comedy “Level 7 Civil Servant”. 

“I played the role Han Gil Ro who lived a care free life.  I could see him as a cool guy.  In the beginning of the drama, there was a car racing scene and he looked cool but on the other hand, he was actually like a boy.  When he was little, he watched the “007” movie and since then, he always dreamt of becoming a person like James Bond.  I think his pureness was very charming.”

~ When playing the role of Gil Ro, did you find any similarities to yourself?

“We have similarities like positive thinking.  When I come across with hard and tough time, I will just laugh it off.  Certainly I could be serious when I need to be serious but I also have the mischievous side of me (laugh).  Because I have positive thinking in everything, I can honestly express my feelings, these are our similarities.  For me, whether male or female, I like to have skinship with people I like.    Even saying in words, I can say “ah… I really like you” (embarrassed)

~ In the drama, Gil Ro fell for Seo Won (played by Choi Kang Hee), but in real life what type of female are you attracted to?

“Even in real life, I still go for someone like Seo Won.  I like people doing their best for everything.  Her appearance doesn’t worry me, I can see a hard working person is very beautiful, don’t you agree?  On the contrary, when I see a person who can’t do the basics and is not polite,  my feelings towards this person will cool down even she is my friend and the person I love.  Recently, I always see the young ones argue with the seniors, this is something I don’t understand……. because I think no matter how wrong the seniors are, it is wrong arguing with them.

~ The drama was not a love story, it was about how Gil Ro grew as a secret agent of National Intelligence Service.  Because of his aspiration to become James Bond, his dream was to become a secret agent.  Like Gil Ro, do you have anyone you are aspired to?

“My father.  I learned from my father all about manner and personality.  He is a well-known filial son in our vicinity.  He is very nice to my grandparents.  His principle is family first so he places us as his first priority.  Perhaps I was brought up with his influence, I think my priority is my family first.  Even amongst my friends, obviously I am the type who cares about family.  I was like that when I was young and even now my father is still the person I respect the most.”

u5bi.pngJoo Won’s personality surprises viewers

~ After completion of “Level 7 Civil Servant, you started filming movie and drama without any break.  Also, you will be performing musical “Ghost” this autumn.

“I am going to perform musical after 4 years of hiatus but I still want to do musicals even I play dramas.  On the stage, I can show audiences how I am like after I have sweated.  Of course, I can show them everything like my eye expression, my gesture and even the sound of my breath.  These are the things I like in playing musicals.”

~ Also now you are a regular member in a Korean popular variety program “1N2D”, viewers are amazed at seeing your aegyoness and sleeping face which were never revealed to public before. 

“I don’t have any issues showing my real face but many people are surprised to see it.  I think it has something to do with the heavy roles I used to play, but this is the real me (laugh)!  When I am together with hyungs, I tend to become aegyo.   All 1N2D members go for food together after filming, we chat amongst ourselves everyday even we don’t film.  They even know I am in Japan having a fanmeeting (laugh).  We all know where we are and what we do, we know our daily schedules (laugh).  We get along very well.”

zt2c.png

There is a questionnaire but the text is far too small and blurry, I can either read the question or the answer so I won’t be able to translate that part.  But the answer he gives to a question is “I always wants to be pampered by my hyungs” and the answer to another question is “about coffee”.

In Im Yoon Ho’s interview, he talked about Joo Won.  Below is excerpt of his interview.

~ In the drama, you have many action scenes with Joo Won

IYH: Action scene with hyung in the emergency staircase was particularly a memorable one.  The scene was I had to kick hyung to flee but I didn’t do well kicking him directly. Then, he said to me “Don’t worry, just kick.  I can catch it, just try to kick”.  Because of hyung, I could do well.

Source Japan TV Guide (Kantou Version) Haru Hana 2013 Sept Issue

Photo by Keiko Umeki

Interview by Yumiko Maeshi­ma

Credit to Joo Won baidu and @coolreborn for uploading and sharing the pics with us 

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/26259521/#Comment_26259521

English translation by manyearsago @ Joo Won soompi international fans

maymay said @manyearsago thank you so much for translating Haru Hana article!
it lovely to know that family is the priority in his life..^^
i remember, cutie was late to come at 1N2D's filming because he accompanied his mother for shopping ^_^

btw, TenAsia also praised Joowon's acting in Good Doctor ^^
sorry if reposted.
class="entry-title"[REVIEW] KBS Mon/Tue Drama “Good Doctor” – Episode 1 by TenAsia

Source: http://www.tenasia.com/archives/67897
Posted on 2013/08/06 by Jessica Kim

Scenes from KBS Monday and Tuesday series “Good Doctor.” [KBS]

KBS Mon/Tue drama “Good Doctor” – Episode 1

In brief>

Park Si-on (Joo Won), while on his way to the hospital to take his tests to become a resident doctor, sees a child who gets into an accident and brings him to the hospital after performing an emergency procedure on him. Choi Woo-suk (Cheon Ho-jin) recommends that Park Si-on, although suffering from savant syndrome, be promoted to resident but it does not happen because the board of directors are against it. The child’s surgery, performed by Kim Do-han (Joo Sang-uk), ends successfully and when videos of Park Si-on’s emergency procedure makes headlines, the hospital’s board of directors temporarily employ him for six months. Cha Yoon-suh (Moon Chae-won), who drinks too much from her conflict with Kim Do-han, falls asleep in Park Si-on’s room.

Review>

The drama’s setup that an autistic main character deals with people’s lives with medical practices is enough to make viewers both dubious and curious. But even if Choi Woo-suk (Cheon Ho-jin) tried his best to explain Park Si-on’s capabilities to the hospital’s board of directors, is him becoming a doctor something that could actually happen? What is the autism that we know of? These are the questions that came up with the start of the drama.

But the reason the drama still stirs anticipation, despite these questions, may be because we want to see ‘hope.’ Once in a while, we look forward to the twist that makes happen what everyone thought was impossible. And we want to be moved by innocence. “Good Doctor” took off to a good-natured start with such hope and anticipation.

But the process through which Park Si-on becomes a resident at the hospital was predictable rather than creating tension, and Kim Do-han (Joo Sang-uk) and Cha Yoon-suh’s (Moon Chae-won) conflict was exaggerated. There was almost even an awkwardness that came from how the show seemed compelled to start with a twist and conflict.

What shone the most in the first episode of “Good Doctor” was Park Si-on and Joo Won’s acting which showed the genius ability he has of pediatric surgery despite his autism. The way in which he says each word precisely moved the heart more than the scenes of him losing his older brother and rabbit when he was young. The situations that will arise in front of Park Si-on seem a bit predictable but Joo Won’s acting, and the attractiveness of his character, are the reasons the show will be worthy of keeping an eye on for a bit longer.

For chitchat>

- “Good Doctor,” you get five stars for the way in which you show how Joo Won checks on the importance of each emergency procedure in his mind.
- Joo Sang-uk, even with a doctor’s gown on, you still seem a bit like the leader of the special investigative team you were in investigative drama “TEN 2.”

Reporter. Pak Hye-young (TV Reviewer)
Translator. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of KBS

※ Any copying, republication or redistribution of TENASIA’s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of TENASIA. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

Thanks so much for the screencaps.  I really enjoyed the 2nd ep...I hope others did too.  :)
I'm also curious what people who are familiar with autism think about Joo Won's performance.  I'm biased since I always think Joo Won is awesome.  haha  But I don't know anyone with autism so I can't say for sure.  I know it can differ depending on the person but still wondering.  I enjoyed reading some of the reviews people have posted...hoping for more.  :D

Don't give me that pouting face and puppy eyes Shi On, you will just make me melt and go soft on you.. Aww, I just wanna hug him now. If only someone can invent a tele-porter, I'll jump into in and teleport into the TV screen, help my Shi On to find the scalpel. Btw, is it found? :o I missed the episode and only read bits and pieces of live recaps as I don't want to spoil myself too much. :P 

Guest padme

OMG!!!! after watching second episode I really don't know what to expect in the coming episodes TT TT This drama is DAEBAK!!!! i'm so proud of Joo won he made his character REAL! and for me that's enough <3 *I have to be honest I was having my doubts* BUT MANNNNN HIS ACTING IS ASGJDJGASHDJSADGSAJ *beyond words* T-T I'M SO FREAKIN PROUD OF HIM!!!! and I have many thing to say ahhhhhhhhhhhh xD but then again my english *so bad* yesterday I was trying to post a comment but have to go to my college U_U and things goes the worst of my day =P but this drama was my happyness asdhsjadgajfmnjgkfghkdjdf this DRAMA is really good O_O maybe because it's the first time I'm watching a Medical drama I find myself very amused to this :D THE CAST AMAZING TOO ajdfhkadsfjhsdkjfhds EVERYTHING IS REALLY GOOD!

Joo won my boy <333 awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you DID IT AGAIN!  8-> 8-> 8->  AND I'M SO FREAKIN PROUD OF YOU T-T

pd: hope for spanish subs now XD