(OFFICIAL) Micheoseo Couple T♥G Taecyeon ♥ Gui Gui; Global Couple Thread !! TaecGui ♥ YeonJie Part 1

Admin

Guest OLyfia M T

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[Fancam] 130723 WHO ARE YOU Premiere Stage Greeting TAECYEON

@lmangla.

You were looking for comments for the episodes so here are mine for Taecgui’s Episode 1. This is quite long [so what else is new, right?] but I’ve been known for taking down copious notes, even back in high school, and selling them to jocks and cheerleaders. Don't worry this is free of charge.  And speaking of school, I agree with you that it’s a waste to give those people a mere detention when what is necessary is their reincarnation…as a bug.

BTW, I ended up not using the fake tattoo stick-ons, after all. They gave me a skin rash, just looking at them. I used tattoo arm sleeves, instead. I really don’t like riding the Harley but it’s the only way to deter me from impulse shopping when we pass by quaint towns with even quainter antique stores. You know…it’s hard to buy a rocking horse on a whim when you have to lug it on your head all the way home. :)

Cheers!

cdbarzun

Things I like:

1. his scarf. I liked it when he wrapped his scarf around her, in the same way, I liked it when he tightened her bathrobe strings in Jejudo and when he told his members that the wedding ring is the most significant object for him.  These things served to “bind” them together. For me, these were his subconscious acts of tying her to him or laying claim upon her. It COULD be seen as an alpha male trait -- or if you’re a feminist smartass like me, it’s a canine thing…like how dogs pee on fire hydrants to mark territories.

2. his promptness. Taec was first on the set. Even in the later episodes, he didn’t make her wait. I think this shows courtesy and respect so I’m adding extra points to his GQ or “Gentlemanly Quotient.”

3. her compromise. She didn’t want him touching her foot, but when Taec flopped down beside her on the couch because his plans were being foiled, she caved in and gave him the other shoe. I suspect she compromised at least per episode whenever she saw Taec being adamant about something. 

4. their first time holding hands.  Just like Taec, we the viewers assumed that she had stopped to point out their joint hands IN EMBARRASSMENT. Taec thought she was protesting their linked hands and explained (too defensively, I think, because he brought it up again when she slipped, a few moments later) that he was only doing it to keep her from falling. But now, after what we’ve seen of their 10 Couple Commandments and the cookie-smashing confessions, I’m guessing that she actually didn’t mind holding hands. Perhaps, she was pointing at their joint hands to call attention to a significant Couple Milestone: their first-time ever to hold hands, rather than object to it.

5. their skinship. I like it that the script didn’t dictate their skinship (piggybacks?) but that the situation demanded their physical contact. E.g.: when he lifted her off the ski-lift or warmed her hands or helped her up when she banged her head/slipped in the snow.

I also liked it whenever Taec takes the lead naturally, without being a big deal. Like, when he came down the steps to greet her or held her by the shoulders and sat her down on the couch when they were choosing the shoes. [The latter reminded me of the honeymoon breakfast when he dragged her off to the wedding, saying “Ga ja!” when she was still looking longingly at the meringue crumbs.] 

BTW, did anyone notice the Making-of-Scenes (MoS) Ep 1, #3, when Taec casually put an arm around Gui’s shoulder while they were walking back from the filming?

6. her smiling face. In the BRI, Taec said he wanted to see a laughter or smile, instead of a frown, on his wife’s face at the first meeting. And that’s what he both got…all throughout their time together.

7. wiping her runny nose. I know Taec said he felt like a dad when he did that. But I think it’s because that IS his only point of reference. He was never in a situation where he had to wipe off a girl’s tears or mop up her face. But in my book, if a guy doesn’t run off screaming after seeing blotchy skin and red, runny nose, then he’s a keeper. Really, there’s a pattern of personal care that he bestows upon Guigui that is endearing. Like, when he asked the staff to take care of Guigui’s makeup after the water fight or planned a “secret signal” for Guigui to use when she was tired at the photoshoot.

8. exchanged gloves? Just like the slippers in Jejudo, they have one of the other’s pair of gloves.

9. their outlook on the virtual marriage. In the BRIs, Taec said he wanted to create good and bright memories together and Guigui (per the translation) wanted to have fun together. They weren’t out to look for someone to complete them or open up new worlds to them, and such drivel.

That’s also why I liked Guigui when laughingly told off Taec after he sang the Barney “I love you” song. She said, “too fast.” [meaning: it’s too soon.] Mentally, too, I was wincing, “C’mon, Taec, you’re seeing snow and you aren’t singing “Frosty the Snowman?”

To give him credit, in the MoS Ep 1. #2, Taec had already determined that they weren’t going to be couple to do things “by the book.” But I could see him still re-evaluating how he should behave towards her, now that he couldn’t be the “romantic” ideal to the gregarious & spontaneous Guigui.

What I thought was funny:

1. In the MoS #2, her diversionary tactic at the café/shoe store caught Taec off-guard. She pointed at something, then when Taec glanced at where she was pointing, she slipped away, making him fall to his knees. We saw the same tactic at Everland.

2. The times they seemed to be working at cross purposes because they were keeping something from each other. Like, when he was denying her the shoes because he intended them as a surprise later. Or when she protested doing ganbei because it meant drinking the hot cocoa in one-shot, but he insisted, even shrugging his shoulders and dismissing the whole thing with “I don’t know” so SHE kept quiet.     

3. When Taec thought she was serious about jumping off the ski-lift and tried to divert her attention to the view behind them. Did he honestly think Guigui was suicidal?

4. The birth of their own particular Korean-Chinese-English vocabulary, i.e., bosh-ta, ei-puta, ganbie, jal-moke-get-sumneda, jump, kai-bai-bo, murmur.

[spoiler alter: Rant incoming. This is not for the thin-skinned.]

...Which is why my biggest pet peeve in GWGM would be people who comment about her language skills. I feel like saying: Really now?!! You don’t NEED a Harvard degree to state the obvious. Like, is water liquid? Are dinosaurs extinct? Is her English skill limited? Is a kick to the shin painful? As Homer Simpson would say, “D’oh.” 

For me, the Misses Know-It-All (MKIA) who stress her language deficiency are the ones to be pitied because they’re willfully ignorant of the limitless POSSIBILITIES of connection between Taecgui, BECAUSE of the said language deficiency. The MKIA just focus on the negative and can’t mentally grasp that, if Guigui’s English skills are changed, then the whole dynamics of Taecgui’s interaction, and the outcome itself of the show would be jeopardized. It simply wouldn’t be the Taecgui that we’ve come to love.

To give a simple analogy: do we really think that, when President Johnson was awarding Helen Keller the prestigious Presidential Medal of Freedom, he would have told her that she would have been better off not losing her eyesight as a toddler? HA! The irrefutable fact is, she WAS blind and her greatness arose precisely from her overcoming her disability. At the award ceremony, to wish that Ms Keller regained her eye-sight is to insult her lifework and achievements in advancing the cause of blind people. Think about that.

So, if somebody -- anybody -- complains about Guigui’s lack of English, I’d say, “Please! Speak the Queen’s English to my hand, because my ears ain’t listening.” 

[End of Rant. Boy! That felt good.] 

I agreed with Guigui when:

1. they tussled about who’s going to put on the shoes. I don’t want to accuse Taec of having a foot fetish (and using the Prince Charming image to hide this pervy side), but yes, I would find it weird too, if a guy I barely know, wanted to touch my feet or ankles. Look: I’m a frequent shoe buyer at Nordstrom (a store famous for having shoe salesmen) and, I tell you, after all these years, not one salesman has helped me put my shoes on. They just lay the shoes on the floor for me to slip my stocking-ed feet in. If ever they touch me, I’d complain to the manager in a heartbeat or accidentally have an unfortunate knee-jerk reflex wherein my foot connects with his chin.

2. she didn’t understand the whole point of jumping when he wasn’t going to buy the shoes anyway. Me neither. I thought jumping was to celebrate the purchase of the shoes. This whole event wasn't well-executed because Taec didn’t anticipate Guigui’s reactions.

3. she told Taec “not to forget her” when he left to get hot drinks. I’d be royally ticked off if a guy left me outside in the cold while he’s getting warmed up indoors. But looking back, I think it’s poignant that she also requested him not to forget her on their last day.  

However, I sided with Taec when:

1. he suspected Guigui of trying to push him while they were writing on the snow. Guigui’s mischievous; I wouldn’t have put it past her to trick him like that.

2. he excused himself to get drinks for them. It was like calling a time-out, and I get him. I like skiing but falling down on the snow, especially packed snow, is really no fun. Then I get super-cranky when snow’s melting inside my jacket, and my hands are too cold and numb to even wipe my runny nose. So, I could imagine how he felt [tired] after 2 ~ 3 hours of filming outdoors. Then, on top of that, Guigui’s still going strong, like an Energizer bunny. lol. So yes, he needed to strategically retreat for a sec. 

[Now….lurking antis, begone! I’m not liable for any hurt feelings after this.]

For some reason, Guigui reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in the movie “Roman Holiday.”  They’re not beautiful in the classical, “Miss Beauty Pageant” sense. But they have the same gamine, mischievous look, the same joie de vivre, and the same talent to make the camera love them. I know fans often speculate what would happen if the two couples were matched differently. I, for one, would abhor it. Guigui isn’t the problem. As we could see, she could be matched up with anybody, from Wooyoung to Seulong, and she’d give the pairing its own distinct and unforgettable flavor.  But Taec?  Ah, there lies the rub! Sure, a different match-up would be visually appealing, but it would be deathly boring. He would be copying all the other previous husbands in WGM and there’s no way, he could compete against Nickhun who has mastered romance with the capital R. Plus, Taec, for all his aspirations to be Prince Charming, wouldn’t really tolerate a saccharine princess-in-waiting. She's nice enough but I can already “fan-fic” their conversation. Do I look pretty in this outfit, Taec? Who do you think is prettiest, me, Jessica or Tiffany? What feature on my face do you like best? Do you like my right or left dimple? Ad nauseum. I'm sorry...but it's like being married to the mythological Medusa. He'll be so mesmerized by her beauty that it becomes all that he can see. He'll be a stone to everything else. And stones are dead, unfortunately. 

What made him alive was Guigui.  

Guest OLyfia M T

packmule3 said:

@lmangla.

You were looking for comments for the episodes so here are mine for Taecgui’s Episode 1. This is quite long [so what else is new, right?] but I’ve been known for taking down copious notes, even back in high school, and selling them to jocks and cheerleaders. Don't worry this is free of charge.  And speaking of school, I agree with you that it’s a waste to give those people a mere detention when what is necessary is their reincarnation…as a bug.

BTW, I ended up not using the fake tattoo stick-ons, after all. They gave me a skin rash, just looking at them. I used tattoo arm sleeves, instead. I really don’t like riding the Harley but it’s the only way to deter me from impulse shopping when we pass by quaint towns with even quainter antique stores. You know…it’s hard to buy a rocking horse on a whim when you have to lug it on your head all the way home. :)

Cheers!

cdbarzun

Things I like:

1. his scarf. I liked it when he wrapped his scarf around her, in the same way, I liked it when he tightened her bathrobe strings in Jejudo and when he told his members that the wedding ring is the most significant object for him.  These things served to “bind” them together. For me, these were his subconscious acts of tying her to him or laying claim upon her. It COULD be seen as an alpha male trait -- or if you’re a feminist smartass like me, it’s a canine thing…like how dogs pee on fire hydrants to mark territories.

2. his promptness. Taec was first on the set. Even in the later episodes, he didn’t make her wait. I think this shows courtesy and respect so I’m adding extra points to his GQ or “Gentlemanly Quotient.”

3. her compromise. She didn’t want him touching her foot, but when Taec flopped down beside her on the couch because his plans were being foiled, she caved in and gave him the other shoe. I suspect she compromised at least per episode whenever she saw Taec being adamant about something. 

4. their first time holding hands.  Just like Taec, we the viewers assumed that she had stopped to point out their joint hands IN EMBARRASSMENT. Taec thought she was protesting their linked hands and explained (too defensively, I think, because he brought it up again when she slipped, a few moments later) that he was only doing it to keep her from falling. But now, after what we’ve seen of their 10 Couple Commandments and the cookie-smashing confessions, I’m guessing that she actually didn’t mind holding hands. Perhaps, she was pointing at their joint hands to call attention to a significant Couple Milestone: their first-time ever to hold hands, rather than object to it.

5. their skinship. I like it that the script didn’t dictate their skinship (piggybacks?) but that the situation demanded their physical contact. E.g.: when he lifted her off the ski-lift or warmed her hands or helped her up when she banged her head/slipped in the snow.

I also liked it whenever Taec takes the lead naturally, without being a big deal. Like, when he came down the steps to greet her or held her by the shoulders and sat her down on the couch when they were choosing the shoes. [The latter reminded me of the honeymoon breakfast when he dragged her off to the wedding, saying “Ga ja!” when she was still looking longingly at the meringue crumbs.] 

BTW, did anyone notice the Making-of-Scenes (MoS) Ep 1, #3, when Taec casually put an arm around Gui’s shoulder while they were walking back from the filming?

6. her smiling face. In the BRI, Taec said he wanted to see a laughter or smile, instead of a frown, on his wife’s face at the first meeting. And that’s what he both got…all throughout their time together.

7. wiping her runny nose. I know Taec said he felt like a dad when he did that. But I think it’s because that IS his only point of reference. He was never in a situation where he had to wipe off a girl’s tears or mop up her face. But in my book, if a guy doesn’t run off screaming after seeing blotchy skin and red, runny nose, then he’s a keeper. Really, there’s a pattern of personal care that he bestows upon Guigui that is endearing. Like, when he asked the staff to take care of Guigui’s makeup after the water fight or planned a “secret signal” for Guigui to use when she was tired at the photoshoot.

8. exchanged gloves? Just like the slippers in Jejudo, they have one of the other’s pair of gloves.

9. their outlook on the virtual marriage. In the BRIs, Taec said he wanted to create good and bright memories together and Guigui (per the translation) wanted to have fun together. They weren’t out to look for someone to complete them or open up new worlds to them, and such drivel.

That’s also why I liked Guigui when laughingly told off Taec after he sang the Barney “I love you” song. She said, “too fast.” [meaning: it’s too soon.] Mentally, too, I was wincing, “C’mon, Taec, you’re seeing snow and you aren’t singing “Frosty the Snowman?”

To give him credit, in the MoS Ep 1. #2, Taec had already determined that they weren’t going to be couple to do things “by the book.” But I could see him still re-evaluating how he should behave towards her, now that he couldn’t be the “romantic” ideal to the gregarious & spontaneous Guigui.

1. In the MoS #2, her diversionary tactic at the café/shoe store caught Taec off-guard. She pointed at something, then when Taec glanced at where she was pointing, she slipped away, making him fall to his knees. We saw the same tactic at Everland.

2. The times they seemed to be working at cross purposes because they were keeping something from each other. Like, when he was denying her the shoes because he intended them as a surprise later. Or when she protested doing ganbei because it meant drinking the hot cocoa in one-shot, but he insisted, even shrugging his shoulders and dismissing the whole thing with “I don’t know” so SHE kept quiet.     

3. When Taec thought she was serious about jumping off the ski-lift and tried to divert her attention to the view behind them. Did he honestly think Guigui was suicidal?

4. The birth of their own particular Korean-Chinese-English vocabulary, i.e., bosh-ta, ei-puta, ganbie, jal-moke-get-sumneda, jump, kai-bai-bo, murmur.

...Which is why my biggest pet peeve in GWGM would be people who comment about her language skills. I feel like saying: Really now?!! You don’t NEED a Harvard degree to state the obvious. Like, is water liquid? Are dinosaurs extinct? Is her English skill limited? Is a kick to the shin painful? As Homer Simpson would say, “D’oh.” 

For me, the Misses Know-It-All (MKIA) who stress her language deficiency are the ones to be pitied because they’re willfully ignorant of the limitless POSSIBILITIES of connection between Taecgui, BECAUSE of the said language deficiency. The MKIA just focus on the negative and can’t mentally grasp that, if Guigui’s English skills are changed, then the whole dynamics of Taecgui’s interaction, and the outcome itself of the show would be jeopardized. It simply wouldn’t be the Taecgui that we’ve come to love.

To give a simple analogy: do we really think that, when President Johnson was awarding Helen Keller the prestigious Presidential Medal of Freedom, he would have told her that she would have been better off not losing her eyesight as a toddler? HA! The irrefutable fact is, she WAS blind and her greatness arose precisely from her overcoming her disability. At the award ceremony, to wish that Ms Keller regained her eye-sight is to insult her lifework and achievements in advancing the cause of blind people. Think about that.

So, if somebody -- anybody -- complains about Guigui’s lack of English, I’d say, “Please! Speak the Queen’s English to my hand, because my ears ain’t listening.” 

1. they tussled about who’s going to put on the shoes. I don’t want to accuse Taec of having a foot fetish (and using the Prince Charming image to hide this pervy side), but yes, I would find it weird too, if a guy I barely know, wanted to touch my feet or ankles. Look: I’m a frequent shoe buyer at Nordstrom (a store famous for having shoe salesmen) and, I tell you, after all these years, not one salesman has helped me put my shoes on. They just lay the shoes on the floor for me to slip my stocking-ed feet in. If ever they touch me, I’d complain to the manager in a heartbeat or accidentally have an unfortunate knee-jerk reflex wherein my foot connects with his chin.

2. she didn’t understand the whole point of jumping when he wasn’t going to buy the shoes anyway. Me neither. I thought jumping was to celebrate the purchase of the shoes. This whole event wasn't well-executed because Taec didn’t anticipate Guigui’s reactions.

3. she told Taec “not to forget her” when he left to get hot drinks. I’d be royally ticked off if a guy left me outside in the cold while he’s getting warmed up indoors. But looking back, I think it’s poignant that she also requested him not to forget her on their last day.  

1. he suspected Guigui of trying to push him while they were writing on the snow. Guigui’s mischievous; I wouldn’t have put it past her to trick him like that.

2. he excused himself to get drinks for them. It was like calling a time-out, and I get him. I like skiing but falling down on the snow, especially packed snow, is really no fun. Then I get super-cranky when snow’s melting inside my jacket, and my hands are too cold and numb to even wipe my runny nose. So, I could imagine how he felt [tired] after 2 ~ 3 hours of filming outdoors. Then, on top of that, Guigui’s still going strong, like an Energizer bunny. lol. So yes, he needed to strategically retreat for a sec. 

For some reason, Guigui reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in the movie “Roman Holiday.”  They’re not beautiful in the classical, “Miss Beauty Pageant” sense. But they have the same gamine, mischievous look, the same joie de vivre, and the same talent to make the camera love them. I know fans often speculate what would happen if the two couples were matched differently. I, for one, would abhor it. Guigui isn’t the problem. As we could see, she could be matched up with anybody, from Wooyoung to Seulong, and she’d give the pairing its own distinct and unforgettable flavor.  But Taec?  Ah, there lies the rub! Sure, a different match-up would be visually appealing, but it would be deathly boring. He would be copying all the other previous husbands in WGM and there’s no way, he could compete against Nickhun who has mastered romance with the capital R. Plus, Taec, for all his aspirations to be Prince Charming, wouldn’t really tolerate a saccharine princess-in-waiting. She's nice enough but I can already “fan-fic” their conversation. Do I look pretty in this outfit, Taec? Who do you think is prettiest, me, Jessica or Tiffany? What feature on my face do you like best? Do you like my right or left dimple? Ad nauseum. I'm sorry...but it's like being married to the mythological Medusa. He'll be so mesmerized by her beauty that it becomes all that he can see. He'll be a stone to everything else. And stones are dead, unfortunately. 

Guest Okgui

About why Taec did not promote GWGM.  I think JYP may have something to do with it.  Taec had to be careful about that otherwise he may not be able to sing a long his 2PM members.  But that's OK, he had his wife doing it for him.  A lot of Taec's fans and GuiGui's fans may not be happy when I keep saying because of GWGM both of them more famous, more people around the world know them.  Anyway I'm so happy for them.

packmule3 said:

i thought i was the only who noticed that... hahaha... it's as if it wasn't the first time they met each other... hehehe

GuiTaecFany said: packmule3 said:

@lmangla.

Cheers!

cdbarzun

Things I like:

Thao Huynh said: GuiTaecFany said: packmule3 said:

@lmangla.

Cheers!

cdbarzun

Things I like:

Guest leechalee

Hi everyone! I'm new to this whole forum thingy, from lil old New Zealand.. I've been lurking here for a long time reading through the hundreds of pages.. finally I've decided to join because my family, especially my husband, thinks I'm crazy when I crack up laughing at some of the posts yous have made. Like literally.. silently reading then all of a sudden bursting out, rolling on, then falling off, the bed laughing.. so I figured since they think I'm already crazy I might as well join your crazy family :-)

And omg.. those stories/fan fics! Oh Lord have mercy! Hahaha they were hot!

Anyway just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Annyeonghaseyo! Nice to meet yous

Archived