Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@manyearsago... Dear, you know I love you right? green scarf 20 Thank you for translating. And yes, I do believe that Joo Won is always challenging himself and improving his acting through many good projects that he can lay his hands into. And let's both fangirl for Cutie until we both became halmeoni. ;))

Baker King Guide Book Part 2

Writer, PD and sunbae co-stars comments on Joo Won

Thank you so much @manyearsago for Part 2. I can't say enough how I love to read such write-ups. It's always interesting and telling to know how other people think and see Joo Won

Writer Kang Eun Kyung’s comments

To Joo Won, I emphatically said  “you are absolutely not a villain but sadly you were born with ill-fate, while you don’t know how to accept this ill-fate, you are just like a pathetic man who keeps making wrong decisions”.  In addition, I said to him “With your charm, you can grab the heart of female viewers!”  (laugh).  Joo Won is very clever, if I say something, he can read between lines.  Like Si Yoon, Joo Won understood 120% of my request and fulfilled it for me.

I ate the bread baked by Ma Jun.   The bread baked at the baking school was delivered at time of script reading, it was pretty good (laugh).

It is so obvious that writer Kang was charmed out of her socks by Cutie. He grabbed her heart, didn't he? But beyond his sincere and determined appearance in their first meeting, he proved his worth and in more ways than one, justified her choice and judgement. After all, writers like her have seen more than their fair share of actors including talented ones. And there is nothing more satisfying than having an actor who can do justice to the character you write, convey and bring to life all that the writer envisage.

PD Lee Jung Sub’s comments Joo Won is very clever.  He is the type who can do well with anything.  When he was acting with sunbaes, he was closely watching their acting.  When it was his turn, he would mimic their acting.  He has the ability to steal acting from others.  To the extent of his acting skills, he can also play a scene of which its script is six pages long in one go.   Also, when filming the scene which he had to hurtle a Porsche in distraught, because he said he found it hard to drive, I said to him “you can go home and rest as I will use a stunt double”.  It was Joo Won’s turn to film at 1am, the filming would start again at 6.30am.  I let him go and we were still filming until 4am.  When filming was done, after I said to everyone “Good Job and let’s go”, I found Joo Won getting off from the wrecker.  I asked him “Why didn’t you go but you were still here?”  He answered “I want to see how the filming is done”.  He has the passion with profound tenacity.

It's really awesome to hear this kind of praise coming from a PD. As with writer Kang, I am definite there is no sugar coating because I can read their true appreciation of Joo Won's acting and talent in the things they say. Yes, I agree with him, Joo Won has a passion with profound tenacity

Actor Jeon Gwang Ryeol’s comments

Taking acting as a career, actors do look showy to glimpse at but they are very lonely.  They must self-explore themselves continuously and fight with their own selves, this process accompanies with various hardship.  Especially when they became popular, it would be good if they can keep themselves to stay in the top position but it is not like that.  To stay in the top position and to make rapid progress, they must work very hard constantly.  Take studying or social experience as examples, you learn various things and store them in the well of your heart and you must not leave the well dry.  Doing this is very difficult.  There aren’t many actors of my age who are still active in acting.   Working hard constantly to make progress is the reason why I can still be active.  If you don’t work hard, it is very difficult to continue an actor’s life.

We already see how Joo Won closely watch and learn from his sunbaes. This kind of advice will surely be stored in his heart especially since these are also in line with his own vision and goals.

Actress Jeon In Hwa’s comments

The best scene was he was shedding tears in front of Han Seung Jae in the prison.  I could feel he was seriously acting that scene.  When I saw it, I was sure he would succeed.

In my opinion, that was also the best scene. I am sure she has seen thousands of heartbreaking, crying scenes but there was something so powerful in that one which left a deep impression.

Actor Jung Sung Mo’s comments

Both Si Yoon and Joo Won carry heavy feelings in their role.  Joo Won could express his feelings but Si Yoon was not good at expressing, he simply couldn’t open his heart and his demeanor was simply superficial.  However, I think Si Yoon had more hard time than Joo Won in playing this drama.   Because Joo Woo can normally express himself well, he can also relate it to his acting.  Whereas, there were areas which Si Yoon didn’t fully express his feelings.  Actors must express what is written on the script.  I think it is necessary for them to do regular training if they have any hesitation in expressing their feelings.     

I am most surprised by this one. Usually interviews are not so candid but I guess at that time Joo Won and Yoon Shi Yoon were both rookies so this will come across as constructive criticism. By the way, this is not the first time I have come across a sunbae praising Joo Won relative to another actor. Veteran actor Kim Eung Soo who played Chief Konno in Bridal Mask sang praises of Joo Won. But he was not always so kind in remarks because he had criticized Jung Il Woo for his acting in The Moon That Embraced The Sun.

Actress Eugene’s comments

No, I didn’t do anything.  Joo Won was good (laugh).  In the beginning, he had been worrying and said “How do I do it?”  but once filming had started, the take was OK without any NG.  He was very good and I myself was surprised (laugh).  But, it was quite hard for both Joo Won and Si Yoon because they didn’t have normal love scenes in the drama this time.  It was fine if there were sweet love scenes but because both had sad kiss scenes, they were shedding tears while kissing.  When filming the scene which I was forced kissing by Ma Jun, I realized I could not escape if a man was serious.  This was definitely not a happy kiss and I hated it but the viewers were jealous of me. (laugh).

So Cutie acting shy huh but actually good in kissing! Gosh reading this makes me so flustered, can you imagine how good a kisser he is? Forget about those kisses we see in Ojakgyo Brothers and Bridal Mask, 7LCS was an improvement but still not enough. In these dramas, the problem was not Joo Won but the director who wanted choding kiss or whatever nonsense. Well, our boy is a GOOD KISSER and he is STRONG. Yes, Eugene, we hate you! :))

Actress Lee Young Ae’s comments

I went to see a musical played by Kim Mu Yeol who was my co-star in drama “Iljimae” and I met Joo Won at the musical.  Mu Yeol sunbae pointed at Joo Won and said to me “he is scheduled to play dramas as well, please look after him for me”.  One day, I got a call from sunbae and was told Joo Won was confirmed to play this drama.  He said “Joo Won is a good boy but he is playing a villain this time, please look after him.” That’s why I looked after him so well (laugh). 

Kim Mu Yeol said Joo Won is a good boy? So cute! And OMG! That means Lee Young Ae watched Joo Won in Spring Awakening.

It's always such a pleasure to know that the man you fangirl and spazz over is so worthy of your obsession. Talented, hardworking and well-liked by all.

A few nights ago I dreamt of going to watch cutie's musical.... I was there with my class.... no idea why too but I didn't see him in my dream as the monster alarm woke me up. :(( I was waiting for the musical to start so haven't got the chance to see him. :(

So anyway back to mr middle.... so I wasn't the only one who kept looking down... :)) my eyes keep wanting to lool down in one of the BM bts photo where cutie was squating(no pic here coz i using hp. :( ) and I'm like what is wrong with me in my head... :P I'm so glad that we moaties do the same. :P I'm really diving now... :)) BM is really one of the most memorable dramas for me not because of its interesting storyline but also it helps me to notice cutie's sexy butt and erm... treasure... :P I better stop here now as it is quite long and I don't wanna dive deeper. :D

yuuqiikeke said: A few nights ago I dreamt of going to watch cutie's musical.... I was there with my class.... no idea why too but I didn't see him in my dream as the monster alarm woke me up. :(( I was waiting for the musical to start so haven't got the chance to see him. :(

So anyway back to mr middle.... so I wasn't the only one who kept looking down... :)) my eyes keep wanting to lool down in one of the BM bts photo where cutie was squating(no pic here coz i using hp. :( ) and I'm like what is wrong with me in my head... :P I'm so glad that we moaties do the same. :P I'm really diving now... :)) BM is really one of the most memorable dramas for me not because of its interesting storyline but also it helps me to notice cutie's sexy butt and erm... treasure... :P I better stop here now as it is quite long and I don't wanna dive deeper. :D

Cutie's Park Shi On voice is soooooooo CUTE!!!!

xnm.gif

-edit-

if this is the voice of a 10-yr old inside an adult savant, how can I even stop myself from hugging him tight. This voice reminds of when he celebrated his birthday and he mimics a child's voice. :D

ezze said: yuuqiikeke said: A few nights ago I dreamt of going to watch cutie's musical.... I was there with my class.... no idea why too but I didn't see him in my dream as the monster alarm woke me up. :(( I was waiting for the musical to start so haven't got the chance to see him. :(