Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

July 9, 2013
Bruce Willis congratulates Lee Byung Heon's marriage
By Lee Mi-Ji | STAR N News 
1373333353.jpg

American actor Bruce Willis sent a congratulations message to Lee Byung Heon for his marriage.
On July 18th, the promotion team of film 'RED: The Legend' revealed a special interview of Lee Byung Heon and Bruce Willis.
The video shows an interview of Korean actor Lee Byung Heon and legendary American actor Bruce Willis, and many fans are showing great interests for it.
Bruce Willis and Lee Byung Heon, who casted in 'G.I.Joe 2' together, made another collaboration in 'RED: The Legend' and Bruce Willis said, "Lee and I showed a great teamwork from the very beginning. I got a lot of very strong impressions from him while working in the two films together."
He went on, "Lee Byung Heon's actions are precise, but safe, and he plays each scenes very realistically."
Lee Byung Heon also said, "I worked with some major actors. It was a dream-come-true project for me, and I still cannot believe what I went through. All of the legendary actors showed their full supports for me, who is the youngest one."
During the interview, the actors of 'RED: The Legend' told that they watched movie 'Gwang Hae' together in London, and showed great interests for him.
Bruce Willis also congratulated Lee Byung Heon's wedding, and raised many fans' anticipation for 'RED' even higher.
On the other hand, Lee Byung Heon and Bruce Willis' new movie, 'RED: The Legend', will be released on July 18th.

July 9, 2013
Masquerade: Sometimes power brings out the good side in a person – in fiction, anyway
Montreal Gazette
Lee Byung Hun plays King Gwanghae and his double, the jester Ha Sun, in the Korean film Masquerade.
Before we even get to any plot details, Masquerade looks really good. There’s a beautiful palace with smooth, clean, wooden floors that gleam darkly, people wear flowing silk robes, delectable looking meals.
(The friend sitting next to me at the film had just told me that she’d bought a house. One look at the palace and I laughed and said “That’s  the kind of house I want.” As if. . .)
Anyway, the palace belongs to King Gwanghae (who reigned from 1608 – 1623). When we first see him, Gwanghae looks worried and exhausted, almost haunted, like he hasn’t slept in days. Gwanghae is surrounded by courtiers and advisors who act all obsequious and obedient in public while they plot behind his back. There are very few people he can trust. He’s expecting an attack at any moment.
Gwanghae asks his trustworthy men to find him a double. This double will stay in the palace while the real king goes out to….well, I wasn’t sure what really. Relax a bit? Find some allies? It doesn’t matter that much. The point is, when the king is taken ill, they already have someone on hand, to help keep the ship of state sailing relatively smoothly, so to speak, while the king recovers.
Lee Byung Hun plays King Gwanghae and his double, Ha Sun. Ha Sun is described as a jester in the subtitles. He’s like a modern day standup comedian who makes fun of the king as part of his act. He can read, and he can speak Chinese, and he seems to come from the upper classes but we never learn much else about his background.
On the one hand, many people want to kill King Gwanghae. On the other, there are many funny bits as Ha Sun learns to act regal and imperious. For me, the balance between sinister and silly works much better in Masquerade than it does in Miracle in Cell No. 7. And while I’m making comparisons, I’ll say that I also found Masquerade to be more “heartwarming” than Miracle in Cell No. 7, as well. (You can read my post about Miracle ins Cell No. 7 here.)
The bureaucrats of the royal households kept meticulous records, and yet there is a two-week gap in the records for 1616, and that provides the window of opportunity for the events depicted in Masquerade.
We can look at it as simple fiction, or as wishful thinking, an optimistic fairy tale. Ha Sun is distressed when he learns about the injustices committed against the lower classes. He reads books on government and takes an interest in the petitions he receives and the decrees that he’s called upon to make. He doesn’t always obey the orders he’s given. He tries to make decisions that will benefit the nation as a whole. In other words, he tries to use his power wisely. How noble, how unusual. How refreshing! A case of power NOT corrupting someone. The courtiers become very suspicious. Can this situation continue? Watch it and see. Masquerade won 15 awards in Korea, and I understood why within the first few minutes of screen time. I recommend it highly.
A earlier post about the festival has quotes from other critics about Masquerade and Miracle in Cell No. 7.
Masquerade is directed by Choo Chang-min. The stars are Lee Byung-Hun, Ryoo Seung-Yong, Han Hyo-Joo, Kim In-kwon. It’s 131 minutes long, in Korean with English subtitles.
The Korean Film Festival’s web site is: koreanfilm.ca/montreal/

p.v.wong said:Dear rubie, remember me or not? I'm one of the fans from China Baidu & came from Malaysia. Because of my very broken english, I just always come to see this website but no courage to write down any wording haha~ I will go to Korea in August with a China fans,anything can help yours to pass to Korea? Can you pls add me in facebook? (Pv wong) maybe we can send a private message, thanks so much.
:x :x

July 9. 2013
Lee Byung Hun Takes Three Months to Create a Perfect Body
by yw740030 soompi.com
20130709022150_0.jpg

Recently, actor Lee Byung Hun revealed how it’s difficult for him to maintain a muscular body.
On the episode of SBS Radio’s “Escape at 2PM Cul Two Show,” which was aired on July 8, Lee Byung Hun appeared to promote the film “Red: The Legend.”
During the show, Lee Byung Hun was asked, “It has been mentioned that your nude scene will be included in this movie. Are you still maintaining your muscular body?” Lee Byung Hun answered honestly, “Not at all.”
When asked how long it takes to create a muscular body, Lee Byung Hun explained, “To create the perfect body for a film, it usually takes about three months.” MCs then asked, “Is it hard?” Lee Byung Hun answered, “It is daunting.”   
lee-byung-hun-cul-two-show.jpg

July 9, 2013
Lee Byung Hun Works Well With His Co-Stars
by Joan MacDonald KDramaStars
 lee-byung-hun.jpg

Lee Byung Hun is not just a talented, good-looking actor. On set, his co-stars report that he is also easy to work with. And he is not shy about praising his co-stars whether they are Hollywood or Hallyu stars.
Recently the international star earned some praise from a Hollywood superstar. In a recent interview, Bruce Willis, his co-star in the action comedy film "Red 2" and also in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" had kind words to say about how well they worked together.
"I was really impressed when I did two movies with him," said Willis. "His moves were accurate but safe and he acts out even the rough action scenes realistically." Willis, who rarely says a lot in interviews, described Lee Byung Hun as a much better fighter than he was and a funny guy who liked to joke around on set.
"He's great to work with," said Willis.
Lee Byung Hun also praised his "Red 2" co-stars. He referred to them as incredible actors and once commented on how Willis had gone out of his way to make him feel comfortable on set.
"I worked with a dream cast and I still can't believe this," said Lee Byung Hun.
It's not just that he is impressed to be working with Hollywood stars. He has said many kind words about his Korean co-stars.
On a recent MBC entertainment show, he praised actor Sung Dong Il, who was last seen in "Jang Ok Jung."
"His acting is so real and natural, I am jealous," said Lee Byung Hun.
He also praised Kim Tae Hee, who was also last seen in "Jang Ok Jung."
"I was surprised by how unpretentious she is and how easy-going she is on set," he said.
When asked which actors he was most comfortable working with, he named Song Kang Ho and Ryu Seung Ryong.
Soon he will have a whole new cast of co-stars. He has signed on for the film "Memories of the Sword" with award-winning actresses Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Go Eun.
In the film, Jeon Do Yeon's character Seol Lang trains to become the nation's best swordfighter so she can take her revenge out on Lee Byung Hun's character. He plays Deok Ki, the son of a royal concubine and he conspires to take over the throne. Seol Lang trains her daughter, played by Kim Go Eun, to help with her revenge. It's a great cast and they will no doubt work well together. bullsone_4.jpg

Press Release
July 8, 2013
Summit Entertainment's RED 2 Inaugurates NBCUniversal's "Weekend Ticket" TV Launch With Featured Spots Across Vast Portfolio Of Cable And Digital Properties
Source: WSJ.com
First Film Studio to Partner with NBCUniversal for Fandango's Original Series, "Weekend Ticket," Taking Advantage of the Nation's Leading Moviegoer Destination  NEW YORK and SANTA MONICA, Calif., July 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NBCUniversal and Summit Entertainment, a LIONSGATE® (NYSE: LGF) company, today announced a partnership in which Summit's RED 2 will become the first feature film showcased on Fandango's digital movie recommendation show, "Weekend Ticket," as the show makes its television debut across NBCUniversal's cable entertainment networks USA Network, Syfy and E!. In advance of RED 2's nationwide release on July 19, the inaugural "Weekend Ticket" 60-second televised vignettes will feature behind-the-scenes clips and original cast interviews with Bruce Willis, Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren, and will encourage consumers to purchase tickets through Fandango.com. The campaign launches today and will continue through the film's release. Fandango is the nation's leading online and mobile ticketer and movie destination and is creating original content for this initiative.
"Weekend Ticket" hosted by Dave Karger, Fandango's Chief Correspondent, breaks down new movie releases and matches up consumers with their best film choices for the weekend. The RED 2-tailored "Weekend Ticket" segments will run throughout the cable networks' commercial pods, customized to incorporate each network's brand identity during their syndicated movie broadcasts.
"We have seen that viewers who watch movies on TV are more likely to go to the movies in theatres and the seamless integration of our network portfolio and digital platforms is a powerful way to encourage that activity," said John Shea, Chief Marketing Officer, Integrated Media, NBCUniversal. "The partnership with Summit Entertainment is a great way to kick off our new way of working with movie studios to offer them access to NBCUniversal's entire portfolio to develop unique, individual advertising segments and vignettes, in addition to driving ticket sales."
"We were looking for an innovative way to break through the summer clutter and highlight the incredible cast of RED 2, and NBCUniversal and Fandango were ideal partners with whom to explore some of these fresh initiatives," said Summit President of Worldwide Marketing Nancy Kirkpatrick. "This promotion provided us with the perfect opportunity to reach moviegoers through the largest online ticketing site and a suite of targeted networks."
This original content partnership opens the doors to NBCUniversal's vast portfolio of 18 cable networks and more than 50 digital properties, as well as its powerful movie fan base to film studios to connect with consumers. In addition to "Weekend Ticket" premiering on USA, Syfy and E!, Fandango.com also will debut exclusive RED 2 marketing on its site with a video gallery featuring extended interviews with the film's stars and opportunities to buy advance tickets of RED 2.
RED 2 follows Frank Moses, a retired black-ops CIA agent, who reassembles his old team to thwart an army of assassins, terrorists and power-crazed government officials eager to get their hands on a new breed of weapon. The film stars Bruce Willis, Academy Award® Nominee John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Academy Award® Winner Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung Hun Lee, with Academy Award® Winner Anthony Hopkins and Academy Award® Winner Helen Mirren.
Dean Parisot directed the project from a screenplay by Jon Hoeber & Erich Hoeber, who wrote the script for the studios' first installment of the Golden Globe® nominated film, and is based on characters created by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian produced the film via di Bonaventura Pictures.
About NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.
About Fandango
Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to more than 21,000 screens nationwide. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. For many theaters, fans can print their tickets at home or receive them as a paperless Mobile Ticket on their smartphones. Fandango's top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with 34 million downloads, are available on the iPhone and iPad, Android, and many other platforms. Fandango is enjoyed by more than 41 million online and mobile visitors per month. Film fans find Fandango on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fandango and on Twitter @Fandango.
About Summit Entertainment
Summit Entertainment, a LIONSGATE® company, is a worldwide theatrical motion picture development, financing, production and distribution studio. The company handles all aspects of marketing and distribution for both its own internally developed motion pictures as well as acquired pictures. Summit also represents international sales for both its own slate and third party product.
SOURCE NBCUniversal
/CONTACT: Amanda Collins, NBCUniversal, 212.664.4732, Amanda.Collins@nbcuni.com; or Paul Pflug, Principal Communications Group, 323.658.1555, paul@pcommgroup.com, or Eva Lu, Principal Communications Group, 323.658.1555, eva@pcommgroup.com

Source: RED 2 Facebook
Locked. Loaded. Leaving nothing to chance.
1044385_562043343833955_243404454_n.png

For this year's PiFan( Puchon International Fantastic Festival : for July 18th ~ July 28th ), Lee Byung-Hun and Jun Ji-Hyun is the best actor and actress. 
Source : joynews

1373417920247_1_095903.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-Hun and actress Jun Ji-Hyun have been selected for this year's "Producer's Choice", by the 17th PiFan, Producers Guild of Korea and Korean Film Producer Association.
"Producer's Choice" is an award dedicated to the best actor/actress of the year , chosen by producers currently working in Korean movie scenes.  In 16th  PiFan, it was awarded to Ha Jung-Woo and Ha Ji-Won. 
For this year, it is Lee Byung-Hun of the successful movies "Masquerade", "G.I. Joe 2"  and upcoming movie "Red: the legend" and Jun Ji-Hyun of "Thieves" and "Berlin".
PiFan said "Actor Lee Byung-Hun and Jun Ji-Hyun are the best actor/actress of the time, and known for the great acting and ticket power. They have been darlings of many movie fans for long time. I feel that this year's choice is the highest honor for both actor/actress and the festival itself. "
Lee Byung-Hun and Jun Ji-Hyun  will attend Festival Opening on July 18th 6PM, for red carpet.

LBH as the youngest of the Red Family
Source: TVReport
LBH shared photo he took with Red Cast, saying that as the youngest on the set, he got supports from all the legendary actor/actresses that he really appreciated and he still couldn't believe he worked with these dream casts. He shared these photo on 10th.
20130710_1373414156_36378700_1.jpg

Guest seli_setiana

mistymorning said:
For this year's PiFan( Puchon International Fantastic Festival : for July 18th ~ July 28th ), Lee Byung-Hun and Jun Ji-Hyun is the best actor and actress. 
Source : joynews

1373417920247_1_095903.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-Hun and actress Jun Ji-Hyun have been selected for this year's "Producer's Choice", by the 17th PiFan, Producers Guild of Korea and Korean Film Producer Association.
"Producer's Choice" is an award dedicated to the best actor/actress of the year , chosen by producers currently working in Korean movie scenes.  In 16th  PiFan, it was awarded to Ha Jung-Woo and Ha Ji-Won. 
For this year, it is Lee Byung-Hun of the successful movies "Masquerade", "G.I. Joe 2"  and upcoming movie "Red: the legend" and Jun Ji-Hyun of "Thieves" and "Berlin".
PiFan said "Actor Lee Byung-Hun and Jun Ji-Hyun are the best actor/actress of the time, and known for the great acting and ticket power. They have been darlings of many movie fans for long time. I feel that this year's choice is the highest honor for both actor/actress and the festival itself. "
Lee Byung-Hun and Jun Ji-Hyun  will attend Festival Opening on July 18th 6PM, for red carpet.

^ too true. even from the beginning he has 'IT' factor - which sounds silly, but still true for sure - but he has it realized by his continuous efforts. I kind of worry his busy schedule though, but I guess on July 18th, he will be here for the release of Red: the legend in Korea any way. Would he go states again before his wedding? His schedule is super packed, for sure. 
His news and appearances are coming out really fast to keep-up, what a difference compared to a month ago, - or was it couple month ago? - Soon, he'll be married man, it will be fun to trace his photo from his debut to this year. His Elle Photo will be out this month, so we have that to look forward to too. And next month, his wedding, Hunny in suit. :x 

WOW celebrate008.gif.. so many great Byunghun updates and PiFAN's Producer's Choice Award for him, what a wonderful sharing about our sexy Hunnie. Mwahhhhhh to mistymorning.. such a fabulous glowing feeling coming to this thread.wub2.gif One can't help but feel especially proud and elated for Byunghun-ssi.
Lee Byung Hun have been maintaining nothing less but only the best in his performances that it's evident to see how he has truly moved up his own standard for acting, especially now. Even though it's difficult at first, he's open for challenges to learn again. Is there ever a moment of slowing down for this man. Never.
Is it actually even harder to keep up with BH..  even though we're running hard.. we'd be left behind in no time. Just looking at the schedule is already so unbelievably tight. Between trips, he's been doing non-stop appearances for RED2, filmed a new CF (that we know of), and plan the wedding, too. Not to mention the customary media interviews when a movie is about to be released. Have a feeling that he'd still be making trips to the US after the LA premiere.
The PiFan Award is indeed special and well-deserved recognition for LBH. He really did a lot in promoting Korea and Korean actors internationally, while still giving his personal utmost and more. mistymorning, you gave us a wonderful idea.. can't wait for the ELLE photoshoot pics to be released. So excited to see how LBH-CZJ will appear in their couple pictorial. Looking at the capture of RED2 cast .. there's no LBH-CZJ photo (probably not many scenes between them either).. but there'll be plenty of ELLE pics. RED-HOT for sure. dance.gif
July 10, 2013
Lee Byung-hun Ripped and Ready to Thrill in 'Red 2'
The Chosun Ilbo
2013071001167_0.jpg

A still from "Red 2" showing heartthrob Lee Byung-hun flashing his six-pack and sculpted physique has been released ahead of the movie's world premiere on July 18.
Lee is said to have worked out religiously and focused on training for his action scenes for over three months after receiving the script in order to fully immerse himself in the role of a killer.
The film revolves around a group of retired CIA agents who reunite after 10 years to destroy a reactivated nuclear device. Lee acts alongside Hollywood stars like Bruce Willis, Catherine Zeta-Jones and John Malkovich.

July 10, 2013
Lee Byung-hun, Jun Ji-hyun to Receive Producers Award at Puchon Film Fest
by Lee Eun Ah TENASIA
2013071013490449041-615x410.jpg
Korean actress Jun Ji-hyun poses during a TenAsia photo shoot in Seoul, Korea. [TenAsia/ Chae Ki Won]
2013071013493018776-615x410.jpg
Korean actor Lee Byung-hun poses during a TenAsia photo shoot in Seoul, Korea. [TenAsia/ Chae Ki Won]
Korean top film talents Lee Byung-hun and Jun Ji-hyun will receive the Producer’s Choice accolade at this year’s Puchon film festival.
Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (PiFan) said through press release that the Producer’s Choice is given to the best male and female actors chosen by film producers who are currently active in the Korean film scene.
Producers chose Lee for his work in the historical film “Masquerade” (2012), Hollywood action films “Red 2″ (2013) and “G. I. Joe: Retaliation” (2013) and Jun for her work in the Korean spy film “The Berlin File” (2013) and heist film “The Thieves” (2012), the film fest explained.
An official with PiFan was quoted in a statement saying that the two were chosen this year because they have proven their great acting skills as well as their ticket power.
The two will also attend the red carpet event of the 17th PiFan opening in Puchon city at 6 p.m. KST on July 18 and closing ten days later.
The unique PiFan, first held in 1997, represents marginalized film genres by highlighting horror, phycho-thriller, sci-fi, and sexually themed films.
Meanwhile, Jun, who debuted in 2007, shot to stardom through her romantic comedy “My Sassy Girl” (2001) and has appeared in several dramas and films since.
Lee has been cast in a new historical film “Female Swordsman” (translated title) along with actresses Jeon Do-yeon and Kim Ko-eun. The film will crank up latter this year and the producers hope to release the film next year.
Lee’s new Hollywood blockbuster “Red 2″ opens in Korean theaters on July 18.
17thpifan_1.jpg

July 10, 2013
Lee Byung Hun and Jun Ji Hyun Chosen by 'PiFan' as Actors of the Year
CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun Translation Credit : Erika Kim
Lee Byung Hun and Jun Ji Hyun have been crowned by producers as the actors of the year.
According to the PiFan organizing committee on July 10, the two actors were chosen as the winner of the Producer′s Choice Award, awarded by the 17th Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (PiFan), the Korea Film Producers Association and the Producers Guild of Korea.
51312705.jpg

Lee Byung Hun was recognized for his work with Red 2, G.I.Joe 2 and Masquerade, while Jun Ji Hyun′s work with Berlin and The Thieves was also acknowledged.
A rep from PiFan said, "Both are the best actors of the age, who have been loved for a long time by movie fans thanks to their acting skills and ticket power."
The two actors will appear at the red carpet event for the opening ceremony of the festival to be held on July 18.
Photo credit: enews DB

Our thanks to mistymorning for the highlight, clip and translated gist <3
July 10, 2013
Lee Byung Hun's surprise on radio when he heard his girlfriend's song
Source: TV Daily
10538052.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun got a surprise on radio when he heard his girlfriend, Lee Min Jung's logo song being played during the commercial break.
On July 10th, SBS TVJobs site uploaded a not-yet-released clip of Lee Byung Hun on SBS Power FM "2 PM Escape CulTwo Show". The clip showed that LBH got a surprise when he heard special logo song of his bride-to-be Lee Min Jung.
When he heard LMJ's logo song recorded from movie "Wonderful Radio", he said "She did it?" looking amazed. Then he kept his head down bashfully, kept clearing his throat which made the audience laugh.
Later, a listener asked him, "Who's prettier, Catherine Zeta-Jones or Lee Min Jung", to which he replied "Lee Min-Jung" expressing his love. The CulTwo DJ could not help playfully hitting LBH because he appeared so bashful and cute.
Netizens's reactions toward LBH's shy reaction to LMJ logo song have been, "Quite cute", "LMJ Logo song, looks like LBH is liking it more" "LMJ logo song, I'm curious too".
A fan also asked whether LBH had proposed to LMJ which he replied, no..not yet. Then the CulTwo DJs said, do you want to send audio letter to LMJ right now and LBH got very shy by that. ^^

Sendspace

Can't recall when or where  BH had worn this pinstriped suit (pictured below) if it's a recent photo or otherwise. Could it be from an event somewhere or some promo photos, etc. Can anyone help enlighten this. tq.gif
July 11, 2013
Lee, Jun named Producers’ Choice
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

10205129.jpg
Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Byung-hun
Leading actors Lee Byung-hun and Jun Ji-hyun are the winners of this year’s Producers’ Choice Award at the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (PiFan), the festival announced yesterday.
The award, given to the top actor and actress of the year, is selected by Korea’s movie producers associations. 
Lee, a long-time star around Asia, starred in last year’s “Masquerade,” the fourth-biggest Korean film ever, and is set to appear in the Hollywood action film “Red 2,” which opens here next week.
Jun has similarly been popular around Asia for more than a decade, from “My Sassy Girl” to last year’s hit “The Berlin File Thieves,” the biggest-grossing Korean film in history. 
“Lee and Jun are two of the best performers of the current generation,” said a PiFan official, according to local media reports. “They have not only shown their acting abilities, but also made movies popular among audiences.”
The two will make an appearance at the red-carpet opening ceremony of the 17th edition of the festival tonight in Bucheon, Gyeonggi.
This year’s PiFan features 230 films from 40 countries, and runs until July 28. 
Jun has been making waves recently with rumors that she might be returning to the small screen for the first time in 14 years. Local media say Jun has been offered a part in the new SBS drama “A Man From a Star.”
The new drama, which is scheduled to air beginning in December, is about a man from another planet who has been living in Korea for 400 years, and how he falls in love with a woman in the current time.
In the award’s debut last year, the jury selected actors Ha Jung-woo, also of “The Berlin File” and from “Nameless Gangster,” and Ha Ji-won of “As One” and “The Duelist.”