[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA (신화) THREAD #2

innasalvatore

@linakyon yes I hope all the members will be able to showcase talents on their own solo projects too. 
@thespringmaid I'm wondering the same.  And if we can, will there still be copies for sale in July/August?

How come the MV's not released yet?? I've been waiting for quite some time now..lol. (Please pardon ihjj's impatience LOL.) Anyway...you guys will probably hate me, but um...I don't like the dance concept at all. I just don't feel it. It's not Shinhwa, it's just too feminine and weird! (Kill me I don't mind. Lol.) I kind of wish they came up with a slow non-dance song. Whatever though I'm just happy they're still pleasing us fans by having a comeback!

Guest linakyon

Ihjj

said:

How come the MV's not released yet?? I've been waiting for quite some time now..lol. (Please pardon ihjj's impatience LOL.) Anyway...you guys will probably hate me, but um...I don't like the dance concept at all. I just don't feel it. It's not Shinhwa, it's just too feminine and weird! (Kill me I don't mind. Lol.) I kind of wish they came up with a slow non-dance song. Whatever though I'm just happy they're still pleasing us fans by having a comeback!

2013.05.12 We'll Show the Ease and Dignity of a 16-Year-Old Idol

tumblr_inline_mmou69zRuQ1rb7x3v.jpg

Longest running idol group Shinhwa says “Although (the fans) have seen us for 15 years, just like how you peel an onion, we’d like to become a group that still has things worth seeing”. From left - Eric, Andy, Lee Minwoo, Shin Hyesung, Kim Dongwan, Junjin.

Debuting with their 1st album “The Resolver” in 1998 and since then, having promoted as “the longest running idol group”, Shinhwa is releasing their 11th full album “The Classic”. It has been 1 year since the release of their 10th album last March.

Just like what group member, Eric said, “We added the title “The Classic” with the meaning that what has been around for a long time is not old and we will show what a ‘masterpiece’ that gains even more recognition as time passes by is.”  This album focuses on Shinhwa’s abilities. Starting with Swedish composer Samuel Waermo, who produced hit songs for singers worldwide such as Bon Jovi and Arashi. This album has the participation of a variety of famous overseas composers as well as Korean composers, such as Kim Dohyun, who produced Lee Hyori’s “10 minutes”, and Shinhwa will show music that is much more smoother and refined.

Ahead of their album release on the 16th, I met with the 6 members of Shinhwa at a cafe in Shinsadong on the 8th. You could feel the ease that comes with having crossed into their 30s but at the same time also their adolescent-like mischievousness.

“It feels satisfying that there are many people who have looked favourably on us for having promoted for the past 15 years, without any change in members or disbandment. However, when we look at people like Cho Yongpil sunbaenim who has promoted for more than 40 years, we feel like there’s still a long way ahead for us.” (Shin Hyesung)

“I think that there is a charisma that can only be shown at our age. That seems to be the ease with being able to cooly and smilingly move on over anything. In future, when we grow even older and become the George Clooney of the music industry, I’d like to show sophistication on stage.” (Eric)

“Minwoo took charge of this album’s production and I’m proud. He used to be so narrow-minded. (laughs)” (Kim Dongwan)

“For a long time, it felt like we were friends with each other. The relationship where you’d miss each other if you don’t see them, and where you’ll smile first even when there are things you’re frustrated or angry about.” (Andy)

In 15 years, where, just like stars that appear and disappear, many idol groups go back and forth between being formation and disbandment, they have continuously guarded over one spot. And thanks to that, they, who says “Because there are quite a few instances where fans come to our concerts together with their daughters so it feels like we’ve grown old together with our fans,” are often asked what their secret to longevity is.

“Setting aside problems related to money and women, we have never fought before. Because I was the head of the household since young, so I feel a sense of responsibility. And it is the same for all 6 of us. Having to act in the position of an adult since young, it became that we could open our hearts to each other.” (Lee Minwoo)

“Each of us have different personalities and it feels like we’re matching each other, like a puzzle. We all went to the army when we were 30 years old, it seems like we’ve matured a lot during the time we weren’t able to promote and earn money.” (Junjin)

Shinhwa put in a lot of effort to show sophistication and dignity in this album.

“With the feeling of ‘if you’re going to beat us, then try it. This is us’, we worked hard to show the natural world of music that fits our age.” (Eric)

“In a song, addictiveness is the most important. A song that is addictive and in order to show the unique colours of the 6 of us, we prepared a dance that depicts fashion models on a runway. I’m secretly looking forward to whether the hoobaes will follow in our footsteps.” (Lee Minwoo)

Source: news.hankooki.com
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

I love this interview so far cus they talked about the album, the MV as well as the direction they want to go in the future.  I went on an highlighting feast on those parts :P

2013.05.12 Shinhwa is our nationality…looking at Cho Yongpil sunbaenim, we still have a long way to go

tumblr_inline_mmp03ajtiD1rb7x3v.jpg

“If you want to maintain your group for a long time, think of the group you’re in as your ‘nationality’ and just don’t give up till the end. Through that, value is born and you can receive applause.” (Kim Dongwan)

Group Shinhwa is returning back to the music industry on the 16th, along with their 11th album “The Classic”.

Debuting in 1998 with their 1st album “The Resolver”, they’ve been busy moving all over the stage and being known as the icon for “synchronized choreography”, these 6 men have, before we knew it, hit their 30s. It is their 15th year.

It is 1 year and 2 months following their 10th album “The Return” released last March, which broke their 4 years break. Their desire is to release an album and have a concert once a year.

Met with Shinhwa recently in a cafe at Shinsadong, Gangnam.

Now we’re no longer ‘idols’ but we want to continue on till the 6 of us become ‘George Clooney’ and show a sophistication on stage. I’m looking forward to what kind of charm we can show in future.” (Eric)

Even during the member’s individual birthday fan meeting, what the fans ask about first is Shinhwa. When we’re coming back. It was amazing that the fans want to guard over the friendship of the 6 of us even more.(Andy)

The title “longest running idol” have, at some point of time, become natural for them, and they frankly talked about their thoughts on their 15th debut anniversary. However, as compared to the pride infused into their 15 years of hard work, they look forward even more to the road they are to take. They especially felt that from “big sunbae” Cho Yongpil, who swept the music industry recently.

Shin Hyesung spoke maturely, saying, “Looking at Cho Yongpil sunbae, it made me rethink things again”, adding “It isn’t that we’ve become ‘sunbaes’ having reached our 15th year, but that we’ve still got a long way to go. Instead of being satisfied with things now, I’d like to be receiving love from many people for a long time”.

Junjin added, “Yang Hee-eun sunbae said ‘having sung for 30 years, I know think I know a little’” and “similarly, for us to fully appreciate performances, songs, entertainment industry, I think there is still 15 years left.”

Under the name of “Shinhwa”, they offered up their 20s and have gained an ease that comes along with the time they’ve spent together.

Kim Dongwan, who consecutively worked on the album and filming for KBS 1TV’s daily drama “Cheer Up Mr Kim”, also felt this way when he looked at member Lee Minwoo, who was deeply involved in the producing of the album.

“I complained too when the drama filming was done in the nick of time. If it was the past, (Lee Minwoo too) would’ve been frustrated, seeing how he patted me on the back and continued recording, of course I was thankful. He didn’t use to be like that last time, time has made a person more empathetic. (laughs)”

tumblr_inline_mmou69zRuQ1rb7x3v.jpg

Despite their solo activities clashing with each other’s various military duties, the 6 coloured “puzzle pieces” stayed together and I was curious about their secret to longevity.

We’re people who place importance on promises. Calling it ‘loyalty’ seems a little transparent. In the early stages, we really clashed often. However, while quarreling, we learnt how to be considerate and give way at an early age.(Eric)

“There is no special secret. We just somehow came to this step. I don’t want to tell the hoobaes ‘you can’t split up even if you hate it’.” (Kim Dongwan)

Shinhwa pointed to the preparations for last year’s 10th album “The Return” as a time where they became more unified.

Shin Hyesung explained, “After separately going through military service, and while talking about having new Shinhwa activities, it brought us even closer together.”

“It was a pity seeing groups that promoted together splitting up. That made us bare our hearts even more to each other. It became a chance for us to become even closer.” (Kim Dongwan)

The 11th album “The Classic”, which will be released on the 16th, contains a total of 10 songs, including the title song “This Love” and “Hurricane”, “New Me”, “I Gave Youwhich Lee Minwoo wrote the lyrics for.

On the album, there is no ‘Shinhwa’ written on it. You can feel it’s Shinhwa just by looking at the cover. ‘Classic’ seems to be a term that describes us.(Eric)

A great many famous composers participated, such as Sweden’s Samuel Waermol, Robert Vadadi, Kim Dohyun, SBS TV’s “Good Sunday - K-pop Star 2’s” top 3 Andrew Choi etc.

Electronic dance song “This Love”, with a dreamy introduction as it’s feature, was a work by Britain’s composing team, Andrew Jackson, who produced last year’s 10th album’s title song “Venus”. Perhaps that is why it feels the same as the earlier work.

tumblr_inline_mmp2ixNkm91rb7x3v.jpg

The members say “Musically, it is an extension of ‘Venus’”, but while acknowledging it, they stressed that the choreography is 180 degrees different from the earlier work. “Voguing Dance”, which borrows from model’s walking on the runway, is the point.

I think that addictiveness is the most important in a song. That’s why I tried choreographing the dance to be addictive too. In the past, in ‘Brand New’ or ‘Venus’, we filled up the stage with many dancers, now, I want to give a feeling that just the 6 of us alone can fill up the stage.(Lee Minwoo)

The choreography is a reversal. To the extent you’d think ‘is it ok to do it to this extent on stage?’. It’ll either be a success or a failure. Because it’s a dance made by looking at fashion pictorials, it is possible that the line or pose is hard for men to express, and it can be a shocking challenge to Shinhwa, who has sought masculine choreography.” (Eric)

Some fans might miss the strong dance songs which exuded masculinity, such as “Wild Eyes”, “Perfect Man”, “Your Wedding”, etc. However, they shake their heads saying, “There might be fans who’re looking forward to synchronized choreography but the thought that ‘we can still do this even though we’ve aged’ seems to tie us down to the past.”

There is a charm that only this age has, and there are performances that can only be shown at this moment. Pondering over that was the work this time round. If, up till last year, what we showed was ‘we’re still well and alive’, then this time it’ll be a ‘if you’re going to beat us, then try it’.” (Eric)

Source: yonhapnews.co.kr

================================

Eric: "Because it’s a dance made by looking at fashion pictorials, it is possible that the line or pose is hard for men to express, and it can be a shocking challenge to Shinhwa, who has sought masculine choreography." ~~ I love that they love challenging themselves to new thing and keep pushing the envelope, but I admit I'm quite nervous too.  Minwoo is looking after most of the production and choreo for the MV, I'll trust him and the whole gang won't disappoint us... well each person's expectation is very different.... so.... :D

Eric: If, up till last year, what we showed was ‘we’re still well and alive’, then this time it’ll be a ‘if you’re going to beat us, then try it’ ~~ Despite being quiet and shy some times but I swear quite many of best Shinwha's quotes come out of Eric's mouth!! :D

Just like the quote in my siggie or this one (my personal favorite) that Eric said during the press conference last year: "It takes time to build a masterpiece.  That is why we want to show everyone that when something is old, it doesn't make it shabby" ~ A bit more sentimental now that it is what they want to convey that message through the title of the 11th jib.  Sweet!

tumblr_mmg30glKIJ1qdxrpuo1_r2_500.gif
tumblr_mmkhz4alod1rq2cxso1_500.gif
Credit as tagged & Sungsyung

2013.05.12 Thank you for staying by my side for 15 years” From Shinhwa to Shinhwa

The 6 men of group Shinhwa debuted on 24 March, 1998 and have been together for 15 year. At this point, it has gone pass friendship and turned into family love. They are writing the record as “longest running idol” together however compliments like “thanks”, “cool”, “you did well” etc are still something they find shy to say. We arranged a compliment relay for them. There were members who went “Ey~ we really hate things like that” but once the compliment relay started, it went on without stopping. Eric especially commented on every member, warming up the atmosphere even more. Eric to Junjin, Junjin to Minwoo, Minwoo to Hyesung, Hyesung to Andy, Andy to Dongwan, Kim Dongwan to Eric. These are the compliments they gave.

Leader Eric to mischevious boy Junjin

Eric: Junjin is our team’s energizer. If he was just an energizer in the past, now he is a more refined energizer. Because we’ve been together for a long time, just looking at each other’s expression and we can tell if it is bad. Jinnie is really good at catching that first, patting the members on their backs and taking control. If someone is feeling unwell, he is the type to tell the other members “Let’s do it this way” or “I’ll do it in your place”. Mischevious boy Junjin to skillful manager Minwoo

Junjin: During recording or dance practices, despite it being tiring, Minwoo hyung has a know-how on helping the members. Seeing how he treats Shinhwa’s matters as his own, it makes me think “I have to work hard too.” Trying to understand people around me taught me a lot. Thanks to Minwoo hyung, I could solve various matters easily. Minwoo hyung is a good person.

Eric: Minwoo works till late, but it isn’t that anything special will come out of that. It is just his own sacrifice so that the album can be better overall. All we do is to compliment him a little in interviews like this so of course I’m thankful.

Skillful manager Minwoo to lead vocal Hyesung

Minwoo: Not long ago, the two of us drank till morning. Because of his image or the umpression he gives off, people think he is fussy but he is totally not that kind of guy. While working on this album he must’ve suffered in the recording studio but he never showed it and I felt his concerns for Shinhwa. I’ve felt his affection for Shinhwa in the past too but this time, should I say his love for Shinhwa is stronger than before? Also, it must’ve been hard letting himself down in varieties but he showed the members that he is changing. I felt it through “SNL”. I fell in love with Hyesungie, when I think how much he thinks of the members. I love you!

Eric: When we were young, we would have an unseen battle of nerves over things like recording amount. But listening to the songs recorded this time, all of it is really good. If it was in the past, he would’ve just listened for his own voice, Hyesung is now thinking of the overall picture. Also, looking at the whole of Shinhwa, Hyesungie has the most fans. Because his image is like that of an idol, and is of a fine quality. Breaking that through variety must have been hard and I was really shocked while doing “SNL”. I was shocked because Hyesungie did well and the ease with which he did it left a deep impression.

Main vocal Hyesung to Maknae Andy

Hyesung: Andy is forever Shinhwa’s maknae. However, at some point, he became like a friend, or sometimes he’d be like a hyung. I used to be the type to talk about my worries with the same age members but now I tell them to Andy. I think he has matured. I just hope he’ll continue to do what he does now. Because he is doing his own part well.

Eric: Because Andy is the maknae so he is the obedient type who goes along with the hyungs’ decisions. Not insisting on what he does well and going along is not easy. Looking at the good results that the hoobaes (Teen Top) that Andy raised, he obviously has excellent abilities but still, on the overall he goes along, and I’m thankful to Andy.

Minwoo: If our maknae will stop drinking so much…

Maknae Andy to happy virus Dongwan

Andy: Dongwan hyung is multi-entertainer. He has a wide variety of charms. Trying something new must have been scary and awkward but he digests that well. Especially working hard behind the scenes. To the extent I’d personally like to learn from him. He is also a hyung who takes care of everything if someone is sick. Looking at that it’s like he’s a mother.

Eric: We don’t abashedly compliment each other openly but he is the member who’ll look for those words and compliment the members. He has a different energy from Junjin.

Junjin: He is good at mushy words. He will also grabs the members’ hands individually and talk to them, and also takes good care of the members’ health. Because I’m of the taeyang physiological type, he often provides me with Siberian ginseng. Since I don’t live with my parents, taking care of me like this makes me happy.

Minwoo:
I felt it while working on “This Love.” Personally he is an ambitious person but as a Shinhwa member he is a friend who is really considerate. Even if he stands by the side of the stage, he is really faithful to his own duties. Instead of leading, being in a supporting role is even more impressive.

Happy virus Dongwan to leader Eric

Dongwan: Eric is really like an otaku. If he gets addicted to something he’ll bury himself at home but after we left our first agency, as the leader of Shinhwa, he became the otaku of Shinhwa. Even now, he worries a lot for Shinhwa and is also in charge of dealing with external matters. He is a leader I’m thankful to and can trust.

Source: sports seoul

2013.05.12 Shinhwa for MBC Section TV

http://youtu.be/V-vnUr8CxN8
Credit: andcl2872

2013.05.12 MBC Section TV Twitter Updates

<스타팅> 우리는 신화입니다! 여대 무용과에 나타난 신화 덕분에 강의실은 후끈! 분위기는 더 후끈! 신화와 함께한 기분 좋은 데이트! 잠시후 <섹션>에서 만날수 있습니다  http://t.co/qpf9h1HQU2

<Starting> We are Shinhwa! Thanks to Shinhwa's visit to woman's university dance school, the classroom becomes hot! Atmosphere is even hotter! A date with Shinhwa which makes your mood becomes good. Able to watch it after a while on <Section> http://t.co/qpf9h1HQU2

BKC5tVVCQAERPzy.jpg:large
Credit: MBC Section TV
Translation: 6legend

Guest xtne72

Hello fellow SHCJs,
I wanted to ask where do you guys buy music online? Like MP3s? I ordered Shinhwa's album but of course that will not reach me for weeks and I want to be able to have a copy of their songs as soon as they release them on the 16th.  I am not sure how soon their new album will be available in Itunes Canada but are there any other sites where I can buy their new album on the 16th?Thanks!

Guest linakyon

xtne72 said: Hello fellow SHCJs,
I wanted to ask where do you guys buy music online? Like MP3s? I ordered Shinhwa's album but of course that will not reach me for weeks and I want to be able to have a copy of their songs as soon as they release them on the 16th.  I am not sure how soon their new album will be available in Itunes Canada but are there any other sites where I can buy their new album on the 16th?Thanks!

2013.05.12 Shinhwa Interviews - Various news reports & headlines

The members choose Dongwan as the member who nags the most. And the member who is the most silent is Eric. Eric said " I hate cameras looking at me." Dongwan added "Its not that Eric is shy. He will throw out a sentence after arranging his words." (Source: tv report)

Eric: Now when I go into fansites, there are also lots of comments about Shinee's Taemin being cute. Even so, they help us properly when it is time for them to. Because it's time for our comeback, it is now bustling with how we have to get number 1 on music shows, how they have to do streaming, and learn about Youtube and SNS (Source: isplus)  (Lol E-netizen is watching. Is it Six Sense that you lurking Eric? XD)

Eric: Not long ago it was Parents Day right? I wasn't in a good condition and also was under a lot of work-related stress. Because it was Parents Day so I had no choice, and gave my mother a lukewarm call. I wanted to go home during dinner because I felt so apologetic. On my way there my Father said Jinnie sent a flower basket. At that time it felt like Jinnie was my real younger brother (Source: mydaily)

Andy, inferiority confession "I will switch channels when I see myself on TV" (Source: mydaily)

Hyesung: changed the proposal for this album 4 times before all the members said OK (Source: sports donga)

Dongwan: We'll have a secret relationship and only announce when we're getting married (Source: mydaily)

DW: Fans did a mass voting for the(Paeksang) popularity voting (Source: isplus) (and there is the K-netizen wathcing Paeksang poll)

The happiest memories in these 15 years?

Eric: 2004, awarded Daesang at Seoul Gayo Daesang Awards. It really touches us seeing fans who are even happier than us. Its happy that our albums are being loved by many even though the album was produced together with hyungs who are about the same age as us.

Andy: Taking care of each other. If any one faces any difficulties or problems, We will be at his side helping him. Able to feel a strong sense of care and concern even though you cant see it.

Eric: Jinnie gave a bouquet of flowers to my parents during Parents' day on 8th May. Dad took a picture of the flowers and sent it to me.

Minwoo: Jinnie also delivered flowers to my mum who was in hospital. Doing this is really troublesome. I really thank him.

JunJin: Recently I felt like crying whenever I see the members. They are the people who I really want to thank. It happened to be parents day, so I delivered flowers to the members' parents.

Source: sportsseoul

All translations are from 6legend & Malpabo

========================================================

So we now know why Eric has been dropping the weight so fast lately and those dark circles on his eyes... :((
I feel so bad for him.  All the pressure he's under and keeping it from his parents so they not worry for him....  I was wishing to see Eric's solo project after Shinhwa's comeback this year but now I won't complain if actor Mun not making a comeback this year.  He always put Shinhwa first before his own. It was then, still is and will be....

Just like Dongwan put it in the Shinhwa spreading the happy virus: Eric is really like an otaku. If he gets addicted to something he’ll bury himself at home but after we left our first agency, as the leader of Shinhwa, he became the otaku of Shinhwa. Even now, he worries a lot for Shinhwa and is also in charge of dealing with external matters. He is a leader I’m thankful to and can trust. ~ In another words, Eric breaths Shinhwa!!!

xtne72 said: Hello fellow SHCJs,

2013.05.14 Kim Hwi Young's Twitter Update:

최희 아나운서 가수 신화와 함께 찰칵!!
A shot of announcer Choi Hee together with singer Shinhwa!!

BKJh1ZCCUAAxLgG.jpg:large
Credit: kimhwiyoung
Translation: 6legend

=========================

That's for Happy Together recording!!
Dongwanie having a growth spurt? :P
the blue outifts, as if they were wearing the doctor scrubs...
hmmm I would be sick 24/7 lol 8->

[interview] Summary of other quotes from some of the other interviews

http://malpabo.tumblr.com/post/50420855780/interview-summary-of-other-quotes-from-some-of-the

[interview] Summary part 2

http://malpabo.tumblr.com/post/50430052703/interview-summary-part-2

------

Dongwan's :
Live like a flower. The pumpkin flower would not be envious of the rose or the tulip. If you’re a pumpkin flower, there is no need to have to turn into a rose, just nurture your own personality. Looking at my own experience, when I said I’d be acting, there were people around me who would ask “isn’t that a mistake” and then subsequently, people who would say “if you’re going to act, then just (focus on) acting”. But thinking about it now, it is important to stick to what you think is true to yourself.   “Debuted for 15 years, Shinhwa says ‘compared to Cho Yongpil sunbaenim, we’re still babies’” (via malpabo)

source : http://malpabo.tumblr.com/post/50430473718/live-like-a-flower-the-pumpkin-flower-would-not

----

all articles credit to malpabo.tumblr