[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

sunshine4ever

said: Some more fanart for TWTWB.

vfi107.jpg
35lrnlz.jpg
zmqtx.jpg

credits to cookie @ Baidu

@kdramafanusa, thanks so much for translating news about Cha Tae Hyun. Wow, life is such a small circle. It seems like all of my favorite actors have mutual friends or something. Joo Won is also close to Cha Tae Hyun. I wonder what CTH felt? Was he like me? Torn between having to support Insung or Joo Won? Will you please repost your news at Insung's thread or can I repost it? Thanks

nx6z3q.jpg
Dear LUCKY group of people, 
Did you notice JIS is right there this close to you?!?!  :-O If I'm there, I would stand there and just look (*cough...stare) at him and maintain being cool :P  B-)   LOL  :\">
At S.Korea's airport, do they have special services for celebrities or do they get the same treatment as others? 
@jjsweeter0211, you're SO awesome at finding all these pics! Thank you!! 

Guest Tarits

tessieroo - a friend who lives in Seoull married to a Korean will buy for me and my friends.  I will add one more to my order, pm me  your address and as soon as I have it, I will send it to you.  I told my friend to add the shipping cost as it will travel all the way from Seoul to LA.  Not a problem though because to have the bell bracelet is like having the O2 couple with us all the time!  FB friends who watched the drama went crazy when the bell bracelet was found out and the on line seller I am sure is raking in $ because of the drama that went viral.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=183906

Cho In Sung talks about side effects that 'Wind Blows In Winter' left to him

2013-04-07 16:48

20130406213012516015546.jpg

Cho In Sung talked about side effects that 'Wind Blows In Winter' left to him.

On April 5th, Cho In Sung had an interview with StarN at Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hannam-dong, Seoul. As he was asked about how he feels about finishing 'Wind Blows In Winter', he replied, "I actually don't know."

He said, "I should be able to say much more than this, but all I can think of is that I'm very glad that many people loved the drama."

He also told that he called writer No Hee Kyung and cried for no reason.

Cho In Sung said, "I woke up very early in the morning the day after the broadcast of final episode. I called writer No, and I started crying for some reason. She just listened to me crying."

He also told that he is very satisfied with his job in 'Wind Blows In Winter', and that he feels much lighter.

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

-

Source: http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2969735

Zo ready to marry, but not settle down

Apr 08, 2013

07225100.jpg
Zo In-sung

Zo In-sung said he wants to marry a woman he can lean on.

“It is true that the age to get married is coming, physically,” the 31-year-old actor told several local media outlets on Friday. “So, I am thinking a lot about marriage.”

Zo, who gained footing in the entertainment scene as a commercial model in 1998, had rarely talked about marriage before.

“Men are children to the end. ‘My mother says that she has raised three sons including my father,” said Zo, who has an elder a younger brother.

“I want somebody that would adore me even if I am not mature, and someone whom I could lean on, rather than that who leans on me.”

Zo made a comeback as a television drama actor after nine years with SBS drama “That Winter, the Wind Blows” which ended last week.

He played a poker player falling in love with a blind woman played by Song Hye-gyo.

By Moon Gwang-lip

Guest deaborj

I thought the picture of JIS at Incheon airport was part of the last episode of TWTWB because the side of it were all BLURRED. I thought the picture was taken from OY point of view. Hehehehe. I still probably have the "winter fever". :D
Note: How can people not notice JIS and not do anything when no bodyguards surrounding him (or atleast that's what I think). I would have kissed and hugged him and took photos of him. Hehhehehe. (probably that's the reason why I don't get this kind of chances as it definitely would be embarrasing). hehehhe. :D 
But seriously, how can you stand still with JIS just standing a few centimeters, inches, meters from you. Haaay.

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi all, so I got a poster from a video store. This is the poster from USA's video stores for TWTWB. :D I bought something from the video store and asked so the store owner gave me. He was going to charge the poster, but since I bought something so he gave away for me because he has two posters.

24bu53q.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

sunshine4ever said: Wow, life is such a small circle. It seems like all of my favorite actors have mutual friends or something. Joo Won is also close to Cha Tae Hyun. I wonder what CTH felt? Was he like me? Torn between having to support Insung or Joo Won? Will you please repost your news at Insung's thread or can I repost it? Thanks

Guest luluwannagohome

[interview①] ‘That Winter’ Oh Soo, a very sexy man in my eyes

Cr: ohmystar

Chinese trans:emily-lim@insungchina.com

English trans:luluwannagohome@soompi.com

Please take with full credit.

*I’m trying my best to keep the original flavor of JIS’s words because he is sometimes a very profound speaker.

Writer Noh Hee Kyung worried about Jo In Sung shedding to many tears, ‘I almost cry to death’

‘That Winter’ Oh Soo, a very sexy man in my eyes

Oh Soo, oh no, actor Jo In Sung is smiling. Is it because the strong and heavy character Oh Soo has been blown away by the wind? It seems that the winter has ended for this man, and his spring has come. But Jo In Sung said, “I still cannot feel it.” The second day after the finale was aired, he was caught in a very strange and unexpected emotion, so he called Writer Noh, and cried for a while. “I know it is a bit strange to say, but I didn’t know what I was feeling then.” “It was very strange. I don’t know if it was due to the sudden emptiness after the end of a project… The whole project took me 5 to 6 months. It is a relatively long time compared to a movie. I am not sure if it is due to the emotional attachment I have to this project, or I was unwilling to let go the character.  I called Writer Noh at 1130am, and had a very bad cry. She didn’t say anything but listened.”

“..Crying scene, I put out all I have…”

-Do you usually have many tears? Crying for that long in the morning…

“I’m not a person of tears, just felt a little pity I guess. I think it’s more of the ‘Well Done’, ‘Thank you’ kind of feelings. I asked Writer Noh, ‘Can you add a few more scenes for me?’ She replied, ‘I didn’t want you to push yourself this hard and be this sincere back then. Otherwise, you’ll probably die from acting.’ It’s because Writer Noh noticed us putting everything in in our acting, so she said, ‘Don’t do it like this.’ And said to me, ‘How are you going act the next time?’ I think she was feeling like a mother back then.”

-You cried a lot in this drama.

“Because Writer Noh wrote it like that. (Laugh) ‘Crying. Tears well up in the eyes. Hide your face behind your hands and cry’ and etc. Though Writer Noh may appear to be a mighty woman, she is actually very softhearted. I think she wrote all these because she sympathizes with Oh Soo.”

“But there was one time, when I felt very pressurized by all the crying scenes. I didn’t know how to do it. I am not an actress. There is still a limitation for an actor to do crying scenes. I was a little bit scared because I felt that I have to put out everything I have. If the crying scene is recognized and becomes under spotlight, I have to try to show more crying scenes with diversity. But sometimes it may become another way round. So after watching the end of Episode 9, Writer Noh told me that, ‘Let’s stop crying, but you have to crying once again at the very end.’”

-I didn’t know you had such a difficulty. We never ever thought that you would feel this way about crying scenes…

“In fact, I think the screenplay plays an important role. The viewers were fully indulged in the story, so they didn’t find my crying boring. If it was a drama that lost its tempo and couldn’t magnetize the viewers to the storyline, I think the audience would find my acting fake and couldn’t sympathize with all the characters. It is fully the power of the screenplay - capturing the viewers. So the viewers found my acting heartbreaking and the crying came in different ways.  ”

“I think Oh Soo is a very sexy man”

Due to Oh Soo’s saddening tears, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ is gathering roaring popularity, clinching the win in the tough Wednesday-Thursday drama competition. Sunbae actress from the same company, Go Hyun Jung’s texts to Jo In Sung, ‘Noh Hee Kyung Writer is awesome! Kim Kyu Tae director is awesome! Song Hye Kyu is awesome! You are awesome too!’ is one of the reasons why Jo In Sung can join the filming confidently.

-In Jo In Sung’s eyes, in what way you find ‘Oh Soo’ charming

“I think Oh Soo is a very sexy man. He knows how to sacrify himself. He made a huge mistake to Oh Young, and her oppa is dead because of Oh Soo as well. He once lied, but I find his attitude of not making excuse and accepting every Oh Young said very cool.”

“He did so many for saving Young, like hitting Dr. Kwak for Young. He could have felt ‘Why she doesn’t understand me despite all these I’ve done? Is she overlooking all of them?’ But Oh Soo previously defined his love to be low-key, and he is a very cool man practicing that throughout.”

-Writer Noh mentioned in an interview that Jo In Sung choked with sobs during a script practice left her greatly impressed, which scene was that?

“It’s the one drinking Soju with Hee Sun. Writer Noh spent two and a half days writing for that scene, and almost fell in sick. She had a hard time coming up with the line ‘I should’ve just conned her.’ I myself felt very depressed reading that line as well. And when I reach the part ‘She said ‘I loved you’, but she looked lonely.’ The emotions just hit me out of blue, and I felt crazy. Writer Noh then cut the practice and said, ‘Let’s skip this part. I think we all know what it will be like. No more reading, no more practice.’ ”

-It is a rare situation! Normally writer would love to evoke the emotions for the actors, she stopped you?...

“Actually, I thought this scene will be the last on the daily schedule, I didn’t expect it to be the first scene in the morning. We shot this scene indoor in the morning. This is not something a human being can do! Making someone cry like this right after waking up…(Laugh) Even if I am an actor, even if I get remuneration for my acting, this is just too much! I needed to transfer all the emotions in the very first scene of the day. I really planned to act with the help of Soju if it was filmed at night, because it might help my acting. But this was the first scene in the morning, so I couldn’t drink. Luckily, it only took one cut!”

-Is there any other difficult scene for you during the drama?

“The scene where I had to drag Oh Young up to the hill, took picture and said ‘Today is the day I abandon you.’ It was the most difficult. When my physical stamina was at its lowest, if you check the schedule, it’s all ‘Oh Soo’, ‘Soo Soo Soo Soo Soo Soo Soo Soo’. I had the most scenes, and there was time limit for filming. I’m so thankful that the director tolerare all my shortcomings.”

-On the other hand, what are the scenes that satisfy you the most?

“I think the coolest would be the scene where Oh Young’s cellphone was grabbed by the thugs, and I dragged the head of one of them across the wall. It’s the scene that every actor wants to try for once. (Laugh). Others would be telling Lawyer Jang, ‘You become older’ and ‘Do people have to have a reason to live?’ The one satisfies me the most is the scene when Oh Young said, ‘The thing that one can do for others is not forgiveness but comfort.’ I like this line so much, I cried non-stop when I heard it on set. And the video-watching scene in the last episode was heartrending too.”

“Cotton Candy Kiss, I first thought ‘What is this?’”

-There are lots of close-up shots of your face and hands 

“We’ve done a lot for that. Due to hand acting, I received manicure for the very first time. (Laugh) When I was filming for ‘Spring Day’, the director told me he needed to leave my hands out of the frame. I didn’t understand him and didn’t think too much about it. He then told me my hands tend to move around when I act. I never realize that. I think Director Kim Kyu Tae must have noticed.”

“Hand acting is actually the icing on the cake in this case. It is a bit weird if I just place my hand on Young’s face. So there should be a little movement of the hands according to the emotional changes. I didn’t take extra time to plan for this. It just came along when I act. If I want to express all the emotions on my face, then it may be too forceful. But if I can spare the emotions a little to the hands, it’ll look more balanced. I think the director handled it well.”

-As expected, the Cotton Candy Kiss scene became a hot issue, how did you feel doing it 

“We spent two days on this scene alone. The first time didn’t come out great, so we tried again. At first I was like ‘What is this??’ Director Kim told us just give it a try first. He is the director who created the Candy Kiss in ‘Iris’ after all, so I think he is aiming for more aesthetic scenes.” 

“But that is not a kiss, you just stand there and face a cotton candy. (Jo In Sung suddenly stood up from his chair, bended over a little, standing there quietly.) I felt very awkward, and I told the director, ‘It better be a hot issue!’ Both of us had goosebumps from this scene. But it does come out looking great. Director Kim is a man of foresight. After watching, I think the business for cotton candy must be better now. (Laugh)”

-The long coats and suspenders you wore in the drama is very popular lately, is it your suggestion?

“Sometimes I do think visualizing and defining a character through his cloths is very essential. People will think this is Oh Soo. It must not be done just for the sake of looking good, but to leave viewer a visual impression of the character. Oh Soo wore a lot of long coats, claret suits, suspenders and etc. A lot of uncommon colors were put on him as well, feeding viewers’ imagination of Oh Soo as a Casanova in the beginning. With the help of costume visualization, viewer will understand the roles more quickly.”

During the filming for ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, Jo In Sung experienced rising popularity, and received lots of encouragement. “Hye Kyo and I both have been away from drama for long time, and we really felt your support. With the mind of ‘experiencing the love from the viewer and the popularity for real’, I suggested to Director Kim, ‘Let’s film in Lotte World!’ He jokingly replied, ‘Let’s go for once?’”

At the end of ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, Oh Soo and Oh Young confirmed their love for each other, and reunited under the cherry trees. Actually that scene was filmed the lasts as well. Jo In Sung said, ‘As the story ended with a kiss, the filming ended as well’ So what will the future of Oh Soo and Oh Young be like? “Two will be deeply in love, and probably heading to Italy?”

(Interview done at Hyatt Hotel in Seoul on April 5th, 2013)

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Jo In Sung Brings Up the Topic of Marriage
hazelnutthursdays April 8, 2013
Jo In Sung Brings Up the Topic of Marriage

Jo In Sung is one of the men of the moment. On the occasion of the conclusion of his successful comeback drama, “That Winter the Wind Blows,” the actor sat down with various media outfits for an interview, revealing some of his thoughts and feelings.

In his interview with Dailian, the actor brought up the subject of marriage. “I have heard that I won’t marry until 40,” he said. “Men do not age mentally as fast, so even if he is physically old, usually his mind is not. He needs time to come of age, that is my thought about it.”

He added, “Rather than being relied upon solely in the marriage, I would hope to find someone I can also rely on.” 

“That Winter the Wind Blows” aired its finale episode on April 3. To celebrate the success of the drama, the cast and crew are sent on vacation to the Philippines for five days.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/04/08/jo-in-sung-brings-up-the-topic-of-marriage/

Guest sailorenigma

I want to get a poster too!! Where did you get it @sunshine4ever? What's the name of the store?

Guest luluwannagohome

This is only one of the three interviews he did. OMG, I feel i'm dead right now. and he quote some super meaningful lines from books in the second interview that is just asdfghjkl... Oh man!! Why you read so much, JIS?!!!
i'm starting on the second one, and the Chinese trans for the third one should be out soon.i'll trans other fragmented interviews later as well. but i'll probably reorganize those when the full interview trans come out for those as well.
Why do I feel he did more than three interviews?????
there are definitely some tense error in my translation, but i'm just too lazy to fix all those for now. Sorry guys.

Guest sailorenigma

@sunshine4ever, I live in Virginia in an area pretty much dominated by Asians in general. I've been searching online for posters - but no luck :P :P :P I don't think there is any store in my area that sells Korean Dramas (DVDs, Posters, etc)...maybe there is, but I haven't found it yet :(