Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Guest deaborj

hi sunshine4ever :-h thanks for inviting me here at Jo In sung thread and for introducing me to your friends.Hi guys and I'm glad to meet you here in this thread and forum.
I used to be a silent lurker here in Soompi. I learned about it through songhyegyo.net. so i started lurking through SHKs thread. I think by now, you know that I'm also a big fan of HB too(still am). However, I now also consider myself a  (BIG) fan of JIS. Well, I already liked him in WHIB but the drama was too dark for me but he was really good in WHIB. I did not hear much about him until his release from military service. I also remember watching Qualifications of Men in an episode where they had a shooting in the Air Force and they chanced upon him practicing as a host in an airforce program. I remember him acknowledging the hosts of the program by smiling at them. He was really very handsome in his Air Force Uniform.But after watching him in TWTWB, he won me over by his performance (and good looks of course). I have also read some news articles where some fellow actors praised him for having a very good  attitude & personality.So that really says something about him. Now i'm starting to watch the Infinity Challenge episodes where he guested. :-D. 
So you've seen him in person already? wow, I'm envious. He must be more handsome in person. I hope to see him in person too someday.
I'm currently doing an MV about JIS and SHK. I'll share it once I'm done. :-D    Thank you also for liking my posts even if they are corny sometimes. Heehhhehe! I promise I'll come here and visit and post even after the showing of TWTB.

Guest luluwannagohome

@sunshine4ever hold on, girl! You have a damn signature from my babe, In Sung????? *GASP*asdfghjkl;asjkljkl;fghjkldfghjklvbnm,./fbnjm,
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTI just CANT!!!!!!!

Btw, I'm rewatching WHIB now. And oh man, I miss Jae Min so much. This kid just digs out the motherhood out of me again!
And I promise I'll do the trans for IS's house tomorrow. It's about time to go to bed. Sorry, guys!

After this round of midterm, I'll try to trans some of his old interviews cuz I see them as the best reflection of who JIS really is, and you guys wont regret knowing the true JIS. I remember myself truly fall for him after reading one of his interviews. He has this brilliant personality that is so rare in this industry nowadays.(probably biased? Oh well, I am.) I really want all of you to appreciate him even more, and hopefully bring more ppl to love him as well.

Guest sunshine4ever

@deaborj  your posts are funny, so please keep writing whenever you feel like sharing yourself. :D I'd love to read anything you have in mind. I'm glad to hear like J a lot too aside from HB. I don't mind Hyun Bin. I really like him with Ha Ji Won also, but no matter how many actors I have come to love, Jo In Sung probably will always remain my first love.

@luluwannagohome, thanks so much! Yay, I can't wait for your translations. However, please don't stress out if you do not have anything. I know how real life is. Are you in college? Umm..wonder if you are older than Oh Soo or Oh Young or younger. I'm a little older than Oh Young.

@dearborj and @luluwannagohome --- I didn't really meet him in real life. Someone actually asked him to sign for me using my name "Sunshine" years ago. :) I have a lot of stuffs in my room and I wonder where I put it now.

Guest luluwannagohome

@sunshine4ever !!but still!!!! It's his signature!!!
Approaching the end of my freshman year. kkkk.. I'm actually much younger than them both. ^^But I do call IS 'babe' sometimes when I cannot control my feelings. T.T

Guest sunshine4ever

@luluwannagohome, ah, that's so awesome. So glad you joined us. I'm a older than you. I'm done with college and working now. ^^ I love the HERA CF close-up pictures of IS. Reminded me so much of a close-up of his face in episode 15. I made some captures. Hope to share with all of you later. I think I'm gonna try to type up something at TWTWB because I owe it to Soo & Young for all the episodes I rewatched last weekend.

Guest luluwannagohome

OMG! He finished that ending scene of ep 14 with only one take!!!Proud of you! chu chu chu~~

@the girl who!, thanks dear for posting outback steakhouse stills of In Sung and Min Jung.  I can’t wait to see their new cf together.  This thread is more active than in the past thanks to oppa new drama. I am really proud of In Sung.  His acting has improved a lot and of course he is getting more handsome.:P 
@sunshine4ever, I believe that after TWTWB is over In Sung will start to film a new movie called “Kwon Bob” with Lee Yeon Hee.  In Sung is still attached to this film since it’s stated in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zo_In_Sung
@deaborj, hi there welcome to the thread and I hope you will post often and share with us your thoughts on In Sung or any creation you have. 
@luluwannagohome, looking forward to read your translations and updates on In Sung.  
@forever girl and @willenette, TWTWB is coming to an end soon I hope the drama will turn out well and that In Sung will receive an award for his acting at the end of this year. 
Thanks @jjsweeter0211 and to all who have posted in the thread that I have not mentioned 

** Here are the videos that are Chinese Subbed and a Chinese translation of Cine21 magazine interview that a lot of fans had asked in the past for the English translations.  I hope one of the translators here can help translate it because from these videos and the interview we get to know more about In Sung :) 
Show King 'Korean Style Talk Show: [Full Show Video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/yBxo-HwH93E/

SBS Radio Power FM Gong Hyung Jin Cine Town:

[short Version Video] http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FCqsXIyLWa8/

[Full Version Video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ZbqQJw5JNOs/

Cine21 Magazine Interview Chinese translated http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2161363861

shaylaman said:@forever girl and @willenette, TWTWB is coming to an end soon I hope the drama will turn out well and that In Sung will receive an award for his acting at the end of this year. 
yes dear, I feel sad now, that knowing it will end very soon, how fast days goes by, his acting really overrated, he deserves another prestigious award, I know he will for sure...
I was happy that this thread already updating now, thanks to everyone. @sunshine4ever are u willing to be the co-moderator of this thread? I miss your site 

Korean hunk takes a page from real self to play latest role

Leading man Jo In Sung shares many romantic moments with actress Song Hye Kyo in the drama. (PHOTO: ONE)

Leading man Jo In Sung shares many romantic moments with actress Song Hye Kyo in the drama. (PHOTO: ONE)

Jan Lee

The Straits Times

Publication Date : 25-03-2013

Jo In Sung remains touched by his character in tear-jerker That Winter, The Wind Blows

Popular Korean drama That Winter, The Wind Blows is such a tear-jerker that even its leading man Jo In Sung, 31, gets emotional when recalling the scenes he did.

"The scene where Oh Young's words of comfort heal Oh Soo's painful memories still breaks my heart even now when I think of it," says the Korean heart-throb in an e-mail interview, referring to the scene where his character, Oh Soo, is comforted by the female lead, played by popular actress Song Hye Kyo, last seen in Wong Kar Wai's The Grandmaster.

This drama, which airs every Wednesday and Thursday in Singapore at 8:55pm on Channel One (StarHub Channel 823, mio TV Channels 513 and 60), takes a step away from the recent spate of light-hearted Korean romance dramas such as Rooftop Prince, A Gentleman's Dignity and Cheongdamdong Alice and returns to the tried-and-tested weepy K-drama formula circa 2002, exemplified by Winter Sonata.

The romantic melodrama, which was originally a 2002 Japanese drama called I Don't Need Love, Winter, revolves around a blind heiress, Oh Young, who has lost her wealthy parents. Oh Soo is a conman who poses as her long-lost brother in the hope of seizing her inheritance. The two eventually develop an ill-fated romance.

Oh Soo is Jo's comeback role after his military service and his first TV drama in eight years.

The actor, whose resume includes the tragedy Memories Of Bali (2004), says: "The visual skills of the director, the well-written storyline together with the fantastic coordination of the cast members are the greatest strengths of this drama.

"I thought I would regret all my life if I were to give this drama a miss."

The role, however, was extremely challenging for him.

"Oh Soo is a character with a lot of inner conflict so there are many emotionally intense scenes without any lines."

To prepare for the role, the former model studied looks, facial expressions, fine hand gestures of people and often rehearsed his scenes alone. He even incorporated parts of his personality into the role, which is why he says the character resembles him in certain ways.

"Oh Soo's actions and way of speaking reflect my real self."

If what the actor says is true, then he must be quite the romantic as well, much like his character Oh Soo in the drama who shares many romantic moments with Oh Young.

One particular scene has captured the hearts of many viewers. The scene features the leads sharing a stick of cotton candy while Oh Soo looks into Oh Young's eyes.

According to Jo, the scene went smoothly without him nor Song having to eat too much cotton candy.

"Personally, I was looking forward to see if the scene came out well and I felt good that many viewers like this scene."

Guest sunshine4ever

@willenette, sorry forgot to add you in the other post! Thanks for always dropping by and giving us updates on Insung.

@forevergirl, I'm not a moderator, dearie, here....but I did volunteer when @lyra_brillantez asked for a volunteer because I can help with updating post 1. However, I read in the thread and thought that @valley girl was really devoted to In Sung, so I'm just hoping that she'll be back, but it seemed like she had been MIA for 2 years? I don't know  how this replacement is going to work. Once TWTWB finishes airing, I think I'll also take a big break from dramas watching as real life needs me to be. But I will try to be on this thread if possible. And will help with post 1 if the replacement works.

@shaylaman, thanks so much for bringing that up. Maybe I can ask wiwi to be certain if Insung oppa will have his movie filming also? Was there any news confirming that he'll be in a movie?

@luluwannagohome, I found this at TWTWB's thread so i am not sure if it is the same as the IS's house you wanted to share with us?

15dkr6b.jpg

Comments below credit to @dandelion606

He bought the land and built this house, one building for his parents and little brother and one building for himself. Both have 3 floors. It is said that he used to live in a poor area in Seoul but he had a very close relationship with the neighbors. 
And it is said that he likes to invite his (male?) friends over for parties
Here is Insung's Hera CF with nothing written on it. Just in case some of you don't like things written on them like me.

2utg7yx.jpg
w17har.jpg
2jaj81e.jpg
i3ulv5.jpg

Guest luluwannagohome

In Sung was born and raised in Cheonho-dong, Gangdong District (Esat of Han River) [Cheonho-dong is more like the middle class residential area]. He and his family lived in a pretty old and shabby house, but they had a very close and friendly relationship with all the neighbors. He was pretty famous/popular in the area even when he was young, all the ajjumas and ajjassis treated him as their own son. He was known for being super easygoing and friendly. He very much loves to have some drinks with friends in the neighborhood from time to time. His father is kind-hearted, often donates anonymously to the District Council. His mother as well works at a welfare sports center for visually impaired. The whole family had lived in Cheonho-dong for more than 20 years! 
In 2004, In Sung bought a piece of land and built a house for his parents in Pangi-Dong, Songpa District, not far from Cheonho-Dong. (It's the first time he spent so much money after debut.) 0100352072161.jpg
And in 2010, In Sung bought the piece of land next door, and built another house and connected them together. The previous one is for his parents and younger brother, the later one for himself. 0100351961431.jpg
They were both designed by the same designer. The designer was introduced to In Sung in 2003, he later told others that In Sung required the house to hold good private space for resting, sufficient guest bedrooms, and a big and organized walk-in closet. Both houses are three-floored. The first floor of his house is basically a huge living room, second and third are his bedrooms and private space. [They said the third floor is completely private space, IDK what does that mean tho.]

Moreover, In Sung holds private parties a lot, he loves to invite friends in the industry, like So Ji Sub etc. And sometimes he brings staffs back to have meetings at home as well. So his house is somehow like a home and a studio all together.
In Sung has been leaving people the image of being down-to-earth and honest, he still goes back to Cheonho-Dong and hangs out with his childhood friends all the time!
On another note, with his superstardom and the huge amount of money he earned,  he was fully capable to buy a house that's more luxury-looking and located at a more downtown area. Though his houses may be unique-looking and has a strong sense of contemporaneity, they are not located at the busiest areas of Seoul and the price of land wasn't too high neither. Compare to other top stars in his tier, his houses are kind of ordinary.
He earns A LOT [i think now we all know that..], but he is definitely not extravagant in his way of living. He often buys his parents and staffs gifts, and treats all co-workers well. He's such a great man with great character and personality. I look up to him.
Cr: Insung DCChinese trans: TWTWB thread on kdrama.comEng-Chi trans by meMy comment in [...]
Please feel free to post this somewhere else if you wanna more people to know about In Sung ssi better. Just remember to take the credit with you.

Bonus! some more pics of his house.Cr:popseoul.wordpress.com
20090129-2djoinsung1.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung3.jpg20090129-2djoinsung4.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung5.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung6.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung7.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung8.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung9.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung10.jpg
20090129-2djoinsung11.jpg

Guest luluwannagohome

I finally translated this.
After looking at all those pics, it once again proves that IS is a guy who separate his life from work very well. He keeps his private life from the eyes of the public. No wonder he hasn't had a piece of proper scandal since debut. 
Someone mentioned that Cine21 interview. It was an awesome interview. Awesome! I'll start trans it slowly, along with my homework, and I'll try to get it out for you guys at the end of this week, latest next week.