Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Kimchi Family Special Features No English Subs :(
Part 7:  Episode 1 Commentaryby main Cast, Director, and Writer

It's a pity that we don't understand this special program :(( .  

Part 8:  Director and WriterPark Chan-Hong and Kim Ji-Woo

Guest paulubakanma

Guy u are jst so so industrious in all your movie that is awesome i like it, but about your newly release movie FERMENTATION FAMILY the movie hasn't gotten to NIGERIA and we are earnestly awaiting the film to reach Nigeria. We just read about it when browsing

Something I meant to post but kept forgetting.
Remember SIK said in the 'Alumni Interview' about how popular he was in Iran and he went out to the balcony on 4th floor to wave to fans?And that he felt like he was Michael Jackson (who waved to fans from balcony in Berlin, Germany.  More info: http://en.michaeljackson.ro/photo/berlin-michael-jackson-in-germany-at-the-balcony-of-the-adlon-hotel-in-berlin(288)/pagina(30) ).
8590680936_34953234e4_o.jpg

Here's that precious clip provided by a fan in Iran.Make sure you have your volume turned UP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@paulubakanma, actually I'm planning to upload Fermentation Family episodes with English subs to Dailymotion.  Can you watch Dailymotion from Negeria?

KONA, thanks for the video.   Wow!  I think Iranian fans are the most passionate among his fans.  They even have a "Song Il Kook Day" in their country, correct me if I am wrong.
True.  I also do not buy the idea of the wifey meddling with SIK's career and I don't know why the writer of the article wrote these:  "... Judge Jeong Seung Yeon had been lived as “daughter of strict father”. She is acknowledged as a wise and affectionate “queen of husband-support”. Especially she decided his drama appearance (or after Song Il Kook decided his drama appearance), and by controlling his severe diet, she helped him to concentrate his attention to his performance..."
I also admire the wifey because of his qualifications that have full marks.  She has beauty and brain, with a good family background.  I just hope that SIK still remains the "man of the house".

Ardent, do you notice that lately, we're almost back to square one. Beside dedicated fans like Gabi and a few, only veteran SIKers like you, me, HWJ, Metaltiger are still sticking around.  
I know this forum is visited regularly, but people just come to grab new stuff for their own FB or blog and then "adieu" ...  B-)
Although being jealous sometime, I have to give credit to wifey for letting us being all over her man, i.e. kiss him, hug him, doing whatever we want   :D  .
He was made to wear a flower on the right (by Siknamja 2011), meaning he's available, LOL. No one can please his fans more...
8591624606_b8f665aefc_o.jpg

KonaBeans

said: Ardent, do you notice that lately, we're almost back to square one. Beside dedicated fans like Gabi and a few, only veteran SIKers like you, me, HWJ, Metaltiger are still sticking around.  

I know this forum is visited regularly, but people just come to grab new stuff for their own FB or blog and then "adieu" ...  

B-)

Although being jealous sometime, I have to give credit to wifey for letting us being all over her man, i.e. kiss him, hug him, doing whatever we want  

:D

He was made to wear a flower on the right (by Siknamja 2011), meaning he's available, LOL. No one can please his fans more...

8590221029_4b6b164de5_o.jpg

Mmmm..odd on my last post a photo didn't came out this time??  retired it three times, hope this goes okay here..  

:) ..yup a few of us seniors have popped in like hummer, will, moon..just a name of few even kish..too, so not all is forgotten, sure I been a looker more then I've posted..so there.  :D  Can say I am shy shy gal.. lol..still am though.   Don't really blame them..v  

4765987836_64a4a5d46c.jpg

HWJ, thanks for posting that picture.  He looks so young, like in his early twenties.  I know it was taken last 2008 and he was already 37 years old then.  
I'm glad you're still here, my dear.  Don't be shy when posting.  You know we always love your funny posts.  Please, post more pictures of SIK.  I'm saving them.
BTW, are you watching any of Kdrama right now?  Give me suggestions.  

I can not imagine myself forsaking SIK.  It's true that there are some good looking actors out there who can also act passionately like him. but I can only admire them once or twice in some of their dramas and that's it.  I won't miss them anymore half as much as I miss SIK.  I'm not really a crazy fan of any actor eversince, not until I've known him.  But I admit liking Lee Min Ho in Boys Over Flowers, Yoo Ah In in Sunkyunkwan Scandal, Kang Ji Hwan in Hong Gil Dong and Kim Rae Won in Attic Cat.  I like them because of their dramas but I don't think or do much anything related to the said actors.
BTW, I have visited other SIK sites and I'm so glad to find some of my works there. Still, I wish these Sikers will not leave this forum for good,  I miss them here.

i came here now and then to see if there's any news about SIK, but never commenti have to say i recently discovered him thanks to the wonderful Fermentation Family (currently rewatching it, it's one of my faves dramas). Then i notice he was the same guy from The Bodyguard (like him in there but i only had eyes for CSW, keke)so now i want to see more of his works... i'm watching Crime Squad (only episode 3) i downloaded Jumong and trying to find strength to watch it (80 epis!!!!!) and wondering if A man called god is not that bad so i can see it. i know i will watch Emperor of the sea if Jumong is good but not sure of Kingdom of the windswhat do you think of them, wich one do you recommend me to watch first? i want to thank you guys for all your efforts and hard work posting here :)
but i really need a new SIK's drama.... Please SIK!!!!

ANTONIA, I'm glad you finally have your first comment here.  You still have more to watch among Song Il Kook's dramas so don't be impatient in waiting for his new project. I would suggest that you watch Emperor of the Sea first, then Jumong, before going to Kingdom of the Winds.  But if you are not fond of historical dramas that much, then go to Terms of Endearment and A Man Called God.  He is so good in both dramas.  There's an edited version of Terms of Endearment that I posted in this thread.  You can try it.  Welcome to SIK WORLD.
MAE RISONG, nice photoart.  Thank you.  He looks so handsome in any hairstyle.  

Absolutely agree with Ardent's recommendation.I fell head-over-heel for SIK in Emperor of the Sea, and so did many other fans.

Antoniaclamens, thank you for your first comment and welcome to SIK's forum.
8145780712_9e27352e1d_o.gif     5280702883_9d76994846_o.jpg    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YStar News: Song IL-Kook at Cof-Fine Gurunaru for Kim Jwa-Jin Memorial Foundation benefit. 
Thank you  Mewre for finding this clip!  

Better quality from Naver:

So... Coffine means "Coffee is fine."  I like that!  Can't find a good explanation of Gurunaru yet.
Ardent, thanks for bringing up the article on Mrs. SIK.  My impression of him is that he is very respectful to all women, a real "softie."   When talking to his wife on the phone in public, he uses honorific language rather than informal.  His actions may appear deferential to women, but I think he can only act well if he believes the path is right for him.      

Yup, it was during the kotw promotion..at one of the japanese issues..with his gal!  :)  I think he's not aged at all ardently even todays!  Wished I have his skin.. ;p  I'm old as old..  
lol..why thanks, loved all your poems and trying to keep us all up and running too!   
Are a few others, i've been fan A little before songie, but glad it's better late then NEVER!  Boy I would be like….*wake up girl….notice this one too.. *  v  

Hi antoniaclamens..boy your name is longer then mine!  :D   Welcome to songie form..it's never TOO late..   
:P:P

Awww….gosh didn't read this part of  the translation what coffine meant, thanks to you for pointing ths out Metal!  A perfect way to name it too… Now waiting for an ordering form to get out..  v  

Hi mae…v      :bz

8593682562_64592d2a78.jpg

8593682460_101f24db93.jpg

Guest danasibro

http://youtu.be/Uj_W1uDP7ag

Easter is always for all of us a time for love and revelation.
I wish for you dear SIK to be encouragement and inspiration.
May the joy of Easter morning be a the every day kind light,
May the peace of Easter shine around you beloved at night.

May this peace and joy fill the hearts of all the SIKers I know,
Filling their hearts and empty places wherever they may go!
Jesus' resurrection means we can be reborn, to do better,
To shine light into the shadows.to live better, Happy Easter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj_W1uDP7ag&feature=share&list=UUbCiS4V4sCsMSlMEB8w0NFw

Dear SIKers,
Thank you all for wonderful videos and posts! :x
Dear Dana, Happy Birthday!  (I know it's a little late since it's the 27th over in Romania already).  I hoped you your birthday was a wonderful day for you :x 
HWJ, I love those pictures of SIK you just posted.  He looks so young and fresh in those pictures?  Must be around Jumong time when he had the innocent look on his face? :x
Ardent, whoa, SIK day in Iran?? Where did you hear that from?  Is there a SIK day in every year or just in 1 year like SIK day in Hawaii.  I was disappointed that SIK day in Hawaii was just for that one year, what was the point for creating that day?   :(   thank you my dear for posting the TOE videos.  I figure it took you a lot of time to make those.
antoniaclamens, welcome to the SIKer family! 
mae risong, it's a very beautiful artwork of SIK.  He looks so attactive in that picture (less the hair  :))  Thank you dear!
SIG-Hadise, I hope you are getting a whole lot better, please drop us just a few words!  We all miss you sweetie! :(
My dearest Kona, are you scolding me for not posting?  I just don't have any creations to posts and feel that SIKers are bored reading my posts. :(  By the way, Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary, Kona, wishing you at least two more 22 yrs of devoted, loving marriage to come  :x Your wedding picture was really pretty.  :x
Waves to Metaltiger, Mr. Hummer, gabi, elisabeta, erinys, moon-gal, kish agnes, willenette, celia, dana m....and all!

HAPPY SPRING TO YOU ALL, Love ya!
   :x

danasibro

said:

Easter is always for all of us a time for love and revelation.
I wish for you dear SIK to be encouragement and inspiration.
May the joy of Easter morning be a the every day kind light,
May the peace of Easter shine around you beloved at night.

May this peace and joy fill the hearts of all the SIKers I know,
Filling their hearts and empty places wherever they may go!
Jesus' resurrection means we can be reborn, to do better,
To shine light into the shadows.to live better, Happy Easter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj_W1uDP7ag&feature=share&list=UUbCiS4V4sCsMSlMEB8w0NFw

KONA, thanks for the video.  I wonder why was he there signing autographs and serving coffee.  Was it the coffee shop's inauguration/opening?  Maybe he knew the owner and he was invited to attract more customers to come in or he's a part owner.  He looked fresh and happy, seemingly enjoying all his free time.
METAL, what can I say.  Our man is a real gentleman.  But as a wife, I love my husband to call me "honey" or "dear".  These words suggest intimacy and love.  He can throw jokes on me, tease me but still have to respect me by listening to my opinions, not necessarily submissive to my whims.
Going back to SIK, what did you hear?  Can you give us some clue? Did he address the wifey, Ms. or Madam?  Well, that's okay rather than addressing her "Your Honor".  Lol!
Kidding aside, rarely do I see couples that are very civil to each other.  But of course, since Sik's wife is a judge, that comes from a wealthy family and with good upbringing, she deserves respect especially from him.
HWJ, I agree with you.  SIK still looks younger than his age.  But even if his true age shows, it' still fine with me.  At least, our age gap will seem closer.
DANA, another heartfelt poem, thank you. Our man is a christian so maybe he also observes holy week and celebrates Easter Sunday.
CELIA, thanks for the screenshots.  I wish we could understand what he was saying.
CHARMY2, regarding Song Il Kook Day in Iran, I think I read about it just recently, somewhere in the previous pages of this thread.  An Iranian fan posted it.