[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest yukitube

What a "Double wow" that last ep (11). Even if the drama ended there, it would still be totally awesome, awesomer, awesomest.

Now Oh Soo owes her an explanation for that "lip-service", or whatever it is called:
"good-night, goodbye, I-love-you, the-situation-is-dire, I-can't-hold-it-anymore, I'm-sorry-I'm-the-fake-OhSoo" kiss......Understandably that was a conflagration (or climax) of all pent up emotions for being hopeful, helpless, selfless and desparately-in-love... all in one swoop.

Though sad to see him (OS) doing the obligatory rounds... bidding goodbye to all the people he holds dear, (JS..his dad and mom, and HS). For when demise is imminent...pain and sorrow becomes a friend, amidst the serenity, peace and resignation... or, unless old hidden playful fate intervenes...crossing fingers and toes here.

I certainly hope, "that kiss" is a segway to a confession and let OY know the truth before she hears confirmation from some ugly wicked suckers.

An admission or affirmation must be forthcoming... or OY could be devastated... .especially going into surgery soon....she deserves it even if she had already been entertaining serious doubts about the whole charade and she's just letting things slide...

It's about time the truth be told...it's about time!

So, she can kiss him back tenfold....whether they both live or die.

Awesome-more...pweesse!   :((

Just want to mention... if Youngie blindness is caused by RP (Retinitis Pigmentosa), there's no cure for it, even surgery. Early treatment may help to delay or stabilize the condition, but they will still suffer from lost of sight as age progresses.
I think Youngie brain tumor relapse at position that make it very dangerous to operate on. That's why the noona doctor don't want to operate on her and ask Soo to spend the remaining days with her.
In other words, Youngie is doomed.... (cries)

@jjsweeter0211 Thanks for sharing the link of the mv. It's so sad. As I was watching, I was thinking about what writer Noh and PD said about the drama - OS being That Winter and OY being the Wind That Blows and  about the ending. We are getting a sad ending aren't we? I'm supposed to be at my desk now but why do I feel like doing this ------->>>>
robin-llorando.gif
unfair.gif
Even baby and kitty feel my pain: crybaby.gif cat_gets_it.gifsSa_falltopieces.gifsSa_falltopieces.gif

Guest sunshine4ever

Was this new press conference posted before?

I saw a clip before and it was about 1 minute, but this is longer. I'm sorry if this was posted before.

Credits to SBSNOW1·

-EDIT- Umm, will make some in urls now I guess because I feel like it's loading quite a long time for me too..

I saw these pics at a site and went through pages 38-43 (that's where the pages where the 1st press conference was) and did not see these pics, so I'm post them. These pics don't have logos/words over them. You can find the rest at this site. They include pics of all the cast. I will put some in spoiler tags when spoiler tags are working. As of right now they're not, so please feel free to tag me here and/or pm me if you experience loading problems and I'll make some become URLs. :) Thanks.

346ruc0.jpg
i728ua.jpg
a9v0uq.jpg
xf7ntk.jpg
2gxftar.jpg

Click on these for the pics:
(Sorry for the inconvienience. Feel free to take my urls to other sites if you would like to share them elsewhere, but please credit the site. Thanks.)

166ejh3.jpg
8vutz7.jpg
20a5r8i.jpg
2a6l66b.jpg

2dkeo2w.jpg
swfejb.jpg

credits as labbled.

Guest jjsweeter0211

@ZarraJae: Personally, from the very beginning until now, I strongly believe that we will have a happy ending. At least we are going to  have a satisfied open ending , not a sad ending though.I have watched writer Noh's previous dramas and I think she won't disappoint us.
So stay positive!~ Cheer up :x 
tumblr_mjo0gtBAsH1qbxx00o8_250.giftumblr_mjo0gtBAsH1qbxx00o4_250.gif
tumblr_miypf2eLuz1qbxx00o5_250.giftumblr_mj04p22qpi1qbxx00o6_250.gif

cr gifs to owner

Let me crown Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo as the King and Queen of Tears in kdramaland. I swear I've never cried as much as I did when I was a newbie watching  Stairway to Heaven my first encounter with a makjang. But That Winter That Wind Blows beats all the makjang in town and its not even in that genre. JIS & SHK and the cast of TWTWB will surely sweep all awards for this year. 

Guest hapha8714

i hope they release that violin/piano theme!!!

i'd surely stuff it in my iPod once i got a hold of it!
and also, that taeyeon never fails to impress me....
from king 2 hearts, hong gil dong, athena goddess of war... i love all her tracks!

by the looks of it, it may be a sad ending after all. but thats fine, i got my tissues ready.

Guest show2007

I have been away for a week and it took me close to 5 days to catch up all the posts.  You windblowers are amazing.  Thanks for all the awesome posts and insigfutful comments about this wonderful drama.  I am hesitated to watch episode 10 and 11, as I was bawling like a baby byJUST  reading all the recaps (oh yeah, I went to every single site to read the recap and proved that we human really made with water...lol) imagine what would happen if I watched the episodes.  Finally I watched it this morning and guess what, so glad that is Sunday my time, if I go to work with my swollen eyes like this, my coworkers might think I have a family matter or being beaten by my sweet heart. 

The writer deeply illustrated the meaning of life and death how "one" should face the life. I think the writer is trying to tell us each day is a special gift from "GOD", and while life maynot always be FAIR, you must ALLOW the pains, hurdles of the moment to posion your attidutde and plans for yourself and for the future.  You will never win when you wear the ugly claok of SELF-PITY, and the sour sound of whining will certainly frighten away any opportunity for succes.  Life is too short, do the right thing and enjoy the happy moments, facing death might be frigtening but also is inevitable.  I guess OS truely learnt his lesson of "life" and that's why he is able to let everything go and try his best to save this life (OY) who is the precious thing to him right now. Every conversations within these two episodes are so deep and meaningful, it made this classic melo more memorable.

JIS...I love you so much.  You did a great job and I don't think other actors can protray this character as well as you.

As of the ending, I really don't want to think about it as most likely we will have a so called "sad ending" or a "open-ended" ending.  Of course I want a happy ending but it seems like it won't fit the title too well as "That winter" = past tense. BUT "The Wind Blows" - is a present tense! Hmmm... don't know! Indeed, I always have a feeling that the drama was being narrated by a third person or is a story who was being told by one who is sharing his/her past experiences.  It's driving me crazy.  I better stop thinking.  I couldn't funtion right as 24/7 I have been thinking about OS & OY & TWTWB. 

5 more episodes to go and writer Kim please continue to let the Wind Blows and Blow my mind away even more.

I totally agree with Song Hye Kyo in that High Cut interview, TWTWB is Oh Soo's drama and Jo In Sung is the perfect Oh Soo visually beautiful but deeply flawed, now working to redeem himself through Oh Young.
But you know what, I want both of them to die, writer nim I know you've already written the final episode and its now filming but if  I had my way I want both to die, together. Let Oh Soo and Oh Young drink the euthanasia pill together so that they can both be with one another on the other side. It would be too cruel to let one live without the other. Or let them live even in obscurity and be finally happy. Its just that live or die for both, no halfway, no noble idiot sacrificing for the other, just black or white, just life death. 

Guest sunshine4ever

I think this is the complete SBS Good Morning Show of TWTWB and some of it include BTS. Wow, so this is the whole show so it includes 15 parts. SBS uploaded it on Youtube. Awesome SBS!!! <3

I found these at Wiwi's site, so thanks to Wiwi @ http://user.chol.com/~wiwi/ for these awesome yt links.

SBS Good Morning Show for TWTWB Part 1 (좋은아침 4087회 조인성 송혜교 @1)

The rest of these links are in Korean; however, they are the same as the above:

All links above credit to: entertainmentSBS

And I think this is SBS Entertainment news, could someone please translate and/or summarize if they know what they're talking about? Thanks.

Taken from this LINK. Wiwi's post is in that link.

Guest OreoVampire

I'm sure, someone got to die in the end.
Sorry, actually I never did a review before , my english is poor, I fail essays in school.  Try my best to interrupt here since TWTWB is just too awesome. :D

TWTWB it started out with smart plot and storyline.
Blends with beautiful cinematography work
Great touch and guide from Director Kim & Writer Noh, supporting by the rest of the team.
fantastic leads of JIS&SHK.
Standing ovation for everything that TWTWB has come out with.

What I am trying to say here is that, based on the story given so far.
As logically as should, OY with 2 killer diseases. OS stuck in a room of no way out.
Logically in the end, the best way to end everything, someone needs to die.
yet, as fairly enough for fans and maybe melodramatically both and OS&OY may die (pls rest in peace
:(( )

I'm satisfied enough with TWTWB performance, and prepare with stocks of tissues 8-|

Guest katkat88

Just want to drop by to thank all of you for all those awesome articles and sharing your thoughts about the drama. This drama is really very good, nice cinematography and beautiful actors with a very interesting plot.

I enjoy reading everybody’s thoughts about the ending and I myself couldn’t help but to share also my thoughts about it.  Like other posters, I want an ending either they both live or they both die.  My heart can’t  take it if one died leaving behind the other one.  Of course, I would very much very happy if they stick to the ending like that of the Japanese drama but since this is a korean drama, I’m sure they would want a much meaningful and memorable ending. 

Anyway, here’s my take about the ending.  I believe OH Soo would still be stabbed not by Moo Chul but by his best friend Jin Sung because of circumstances.  Oh Young’s surgery would be successful and she would able to see using Moo Chul’s eyes.  Oh Young thought  Oh Soo died and while looking at Oh Soo’s belongings, she found out Oh Soo’s diary and read it.  Through the diary, she realized Oh Soo’s sacrifices for her and how he truly loved her.  A year later, she bumped into Hee Sun who’s still managing a flower shop in Seoul.  She found out from Hee Sun that OH Soo is still alive and staying in the countryside together with Jin Sung.  Oh Young went into the countryside and while looking for Oh Soo, she passed by at an art gallery.   She couldn’t helped but to go inside because of the displayed paintings which reminded her so much about Oh Soo.  She was shocked to see that all of the paintings displayed were her memories with Oh Soo.  The cotton candy scene, while they’re strolling at the beach, planting flowers,  the baking scene, at the mountain, the bell chimes, etc.  While she was busy  looking at the pictures, Oh Soo who owns the art gallery showed up  and they stared at each other.  Oh Young went to Oh Soo and tried to feel him by touching his face.  Without saying a word, she hugged Oh Soo and Oh Soo returned her embrace.  They declared their love for each other and then they kissed passionately.:x:x:x The end.

Okay, I know my ending is too good to be true so I just hope they just copy the ending of the Japanese drama where they met at the airport and lived happily together.

Some nice captures of Oh Soo, I love this man when he’s in tears.

os01x.jpgos02.jpgos03.jpgos04.jpg

Marvelous acting from JIS and SHK. Always thought that SHK is a veteran Korean actress with great personality and beauty, so as for JIS. Haven't seen this actor before, throughout the period since I started watching K-drama. A great actor, with outstanding acting expressions. You can look into his eyes, and found out that he is really suitable in playing a complicated type of person.

In terms of storyline, the crews are trying to view how the closeness between a long lost 21 years brother and sister be. This is awesome. However, it seems the crews are trying to show the closeness of them by doing something that a normal couple does. Haha! But, I enjoy watching them, especially in the cold winter scenery. This is just a perfect time setting for them to be rejoiced and reunited with one another.

Anyway, the cute, funny atmosphere is sourced from the second male lead and second female lead. They both cooperated well. And I am glad that the main leads are great to be together in order for the drama to achieve success.

Keep it up, and I am watching for this drama currently! Haha!