[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

This is my most anticipated scene for episode 10...so heartbreaking, if the rest episode of TWTB turn good likely this drama will become my other all time favorite K-drama

280l5x4.gif

If writer Noh follow the ending of "Ai Nante Irane Yo Natsu", all of us no need to worry because we will have a happy ending, like this :
118hybs.png1y9xty.pngi1yxw6.png 1zq5vki.png

but if writer Noh decide that she want an alternative ending for OS and OY, I wont mind.  Usually, I dont like melodrama, but for writer Noh's drama I made an exception like Padam Padam and TWTB... and it turn I'm not disappointed with the ending writer Noh gave us in Padam Padam.Just for your information in Padam Padam, first writer Noh want to make the leading man died with cancer, but in the end she decide to give an alternative ending, an open ending for us.  It didn't show us the leading man died. But it show us how the couple happy just by appreciate each every day they spent together.
Writer Noh follow almost closely with the Japanese drama, but she made some character in TWTB a little bit different, like secretary Wang, Moo Chul and the fiance and to add more spice for TWTB, writer Noh gave us additional character that didnt exist in Japanese drama like So Ra.
What I really like with TWTB, until episode 9, I dont hate any character in it.  Everybody so grey, they are not black or white.  All of them have their own reason for what they did and the reason is believe able for me.
So, hopefully I could enjoy watching TWTB until the end, and curious what writer Noh and director Kim will bring to us for the last 7 episodes :)

Guest sunshine4ever

sharealittle said: When you've watched too many dramas and you began to feel/know/predict all the formulas that possibly the plot can throw out you, watching dramas become increasingly uninteresting and boring. That's why I'm having difficulty in getting past 2 episodes for the recent dramas or the fast forward button gets to be used too much. But this show is unlike those dramas. Yes the stars may be the 1st reason drawing me to this drama but the writer is the one making me stay on this one. I've watched the jdrama and the kmovie and I'm still surprised on how Noh pulls the strings, how she added more depth, and how cohesive everything will be whether we follow the jdrama or kmovie's ending. Truly amazing work for a writer and the one that should be given credit to these drama more.
I love the PD's choice of scenery and palette but the reason I first became invested in kdramas is the clever movement of cameras and transition which in here are lacking. Static exchange between faces leaves me wanting more.
JIS and SHK are very smart and veteran actors. Smart because they choose this drama as their comeback and veteran as you can see in this drama. Increasing chemistry even while being limited by the brother-sister set-up. You share all their emotions. You wish that others would understand them the way us viewers understand them. And you just really, really wish them the happiness they deserve and they look for a very long time would came to them with 2 of them still together. And can I say JIS really looks cute even if his face is completely covered with icing.
Throughout this drama, I really never see the chemistry between KB and JEJ as JS and HS except for ep 9. My heart made a small squeal I say the moment HS said "let's stay like this, it's cold". Haha. Weird. And ugly* eunji really turn cute and beautiful on this episode. Preparing for the kiss ha eunji?
*come on she really looks ugly esp on the 1st episodes. And I was like why is she ugly here she's really not that ugly before... XD

ep 9 was way too intense. 
not to be a bimbo, but i can stare at JIS's love forlorn face for ever. He has got to be one of the few (if not the best) K drama actor who can cry so beautifully and heartbreakingly on screen. I mean that drop of tear towards the end when OY confronted him; i could feel the desperation and pain he is going through. 
I can get why OY is treating OS so coldly. The fact that he lied to her and even harboured thoughts of killing her is enough to strip away any sense of happiness she has experienced with OS. 
Does anyone feel the loneliness and fear when OY went out alone to meet Moo Chul? When she was walking along the streets, OY has this uncertainty and perhaps even fear. It's as if without OS by her side, the world becomes this unfamiliar place again. With OS by her side, she feels like she could own the world. 
The story is really picking up and I can't wait to see what happens next. 
Personally, i would like to see OS become completely beaten and helpless. He has already come to terms with HJ's death, admitting that all the while he was just living by an excuse. This time round, I would like to see him move forward with no excuses made. To fight for something that he truly wants not because he has an excuse to do so but because without it, he simply cannot live anymore. 
That would be in my humble opinion, an epic scene to watch. 

hey guys, this is the link to the video - Lee Young Ja and Shin Dong Yeop to Parody Song Hye Gyo and Zo In Sung in ‘That Winter’
http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=baramibunda&no=12774&page=1&bbs=
dc
I have just uploaded it on Youtube
=))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_AhSYUM8Y&feature=youtu.be

Guest Queenbbee

So as one of our friends have revealed that OY will know the truth in the next episode. In the end, what we have been worrying and preparing is gonna happen. Regardless of how well I prepared, it's still sad. However, there is no rainbow without rain. Looking on the bright side, the sooner the truth is revealed, the sooner we are able to enjoy the chemistry between the two main characters as official lovers =)).

Another thing I always want to share but always forget :)). Acting skill of SHK and JIS is really really...great. I know acting as a blind is hard but don't know how hard it is so I try to make my eyes like they don't see anything. The result is that my eyes are so tired and they just wait to close. I can't stand touching gradually if I want to get something. After few seconds pretending, I want to get the object as soon as possible. How come SHK can be patient like that !!! =))))). As for JIS, I wonder how he can cry to look miserable and hurtful like this and SHK too, her tears moved me. Even just trying your best to fall a tear is difficult enough not mention to put emotion into those tears. Moreover, as JIS once stated, it's true that it's hard to cry when we are getting older. I don't know about others but I can see the truth from myself. I'm used to be a crybaby. I cried a lot when I watched a sad movie in the past, for example. However, recently, when I have watched it again. I didn't cry though I still felt the melancholy the same as before. Maybe, experiences in life have trained you. In the end, I just want to say, to shed those tears that look as real, both SHK and JIS are really in the character. No wonder why, some actors and actresses fall in love with each other after a drama or a film or some are so obsessed with the character that he or she goes crazy. Aaahhhh, this job does have too much potential danger.

I'm looking forward to Monday cos' we might have a longer preview for the next episode and I wish Young will soon forgive for Soo.

P/S: Thanks to everyone for capturing beautiful moments in the drama. You help me enrich my folder of wallpapers >:D<.

In the BTS, the director said JIS prepared a lot of adlibs on screen and add them in the script. I couldn't help but wonder 1. the second time "Chom chom ni" whispers at SHK ears at the baking scene 2.The scene where he put on the socks for SHK and tell her her feet is small like a doll; 3. and the one where he touched her forehead with his and complimeted that SHK is "So cute" after tying the scarf around her neck are all his own adlibs. IOI.

The whispers at the ears seems to like " She's so off guard!"

In fact they are both "SO CUTE"
8->

Last time I was here, I was on page 216! You guys are awesome!
Thank you to @p1n6an2012, @ZarraJae and @forevergirl for the live recap during EP 9. >:D<
I have to agree with @ZarraJae, it's taken me much longer to get though all the back pages and catch up because of the photos. This is the first time I've ever had a problem loading a thread at Soompi. So many photos, so many LARGE photos, so many of the same ones being posted over & over & over...it's just killing my PC. :(

Guest ziimblu

At this point, it is apparent that the writer of TWTWB has achieved getting the message across.   To me, the ending or closure is, often, not as relevant as the impact the story has on its audience.   To date, TWTWB has exactly done that, after only being halfway through...
I consider TWTWB as an Invitation of sorts, an INVITATION  to - - 
           *Trust again in the promise of new beginnings. 
           *Believe in second chances, or at least, not to be scared to ask for a second chance. 
           *Keep trying, or  just keep trying to look through the pain, because often, people who hurt us                     have been awfully broken in the past.           
OR,  if for any reason our spirirts have become  too timid to heed this INVITATION,  the story  of Soo and Young, at the very least,  reminds us anew to FEAR NOT,  for even winter brings warmth, for even betrayal can be redeeemed by love,   for even the blind can see clearly the longings of the heart. 

just started watching this drama, :D 1st episode got me hooked already. been a fan of both leads since autumn in my heart and memories of bali. now now i wont be reading your awesome posts just yet cause i dont want to be spoiled ahaha. so i'll start reading on page 1 cause im still on ep 1. and you guys really did make me understand the episode with your wonderful insights. youre all awesome

Guest kawaiiyuki

Is it just me or does it seem like OS and OY playing the "i know that you know,  that I know" game because at first OY doesn't trust OS but when he does things that only her brother would know she trust him but later she learned that he lied but doesn't call him out in it.

The forum is moving fast and since I'm behind on episodes so i'll just post periodically and it might be on previous episodes. Sorry about that :(

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that SBS Good Morning 37 mins show was posted by Shaylaman HERE and you can watch it all in one go for two parts only plus it has KB & JEJ's parts also. Since I can't really note anywhere in post 1, so I have decided to add a date from now on whenever I add a link for video so you know it's new. I live in the west coast of US, so my time is Pacific Standard Time. If you live in Asia, I am about half a day off of you, so don't get surprised if my date is off, hehe, because I go by my timezone whenever I put a date. I added Shanda's site's High Cut photos in post 1 under picture. So grateful and I'm very sorry I can't link all of High Cut pics posted. But Shanda's site probably has a good collection: http://songhyegyonet.phanfare.com/5975229

Will you please try to put some pics in spoiler tags if you post a lot of pics at once or in the same page because we have some people in this thread having problems with their PC not being able to load them. Additionally, please do not quote pictures/videos as this may help their pcs/internet connections. So far I don't have any problems, but I think some had already had problems.

I have stopped private messaging people whenever they quote images/videos as it took much of my time. Decided to let those pics like that, but still makes the page harder for some of you, so I am sorry.

@tessieroo, do you know who else did live recaps for us besides the ones you listed above? I was not here during live airing and by the time I got home I couldn't go back to those pages all the times. Since you were mostly here, can you please let me know if there are more people live recapping for us? Thanks so much.

Soleram said: @sunshine4ever..., yes he did...it was so light that you may skip it in a blink.

@sunshine4ever - I think it was only @p1n6an2012, @ZarraJae and @forevergirl this time for EP 9. If you go back to page 213 - that's when the recap for EP 9 started. 
Or did you mean for the whole series, who has been live recapping? If you mean that, it might take me awhile to remember everyone who has helped out! =))
EDIT: I don't understand why my PC is suddenly taking so long to load this thread. Maybe it's not the pics? Is anyone else having problems? I'm so confused.   :-/

Guest sunshine4ever

@tessieroo, can you please keep track from now on for me if possible? Or if you could please just tag me whenever you thank them because I need to give them credit in post 1. Thanks. I'm slacking so much. Gosh, I wish this was the time like Missing You. :( I'm very behind in this thread in terms of reading everyone's posts.

-EDIT-
@tessieroo, I also took a while for my pics to load, too, but I don't find it a problem. LOL. I guess I don't mind seeing the same thing again so I didn't say anything because I like them, but some people might not like pics being reposted. Seriously, I think SHK & JIS have a lot of romantic scenes together. I think we're overdosed with their sweet scenes together. I haven't seen any couples with these many scenes. I wonder why we kept seeing the same thing but never get sick of it? That kiss scene where he attempted to kiss her it was already 2 times. I wonder if we will ever have our first kiss? I highly doubt he'll kiss her even when there will be a third time she's sleeping. I hope he'll kiss her when she's awake to show his "man" side. And seriously though I hope he'll explain himself better with her in terms of how he feels about her. Maybe he did like/love her as her brother, but there's more to it, right? So maybe he can explain to her so she knows how she should kiss him. So far I just felt like the fiance is out of the game. And So Ra's obsessed with Oh Soo, so I hope OY will know this, too?