[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest yellowumbrella

Im shipping so hard for our BUMJI COUPLE! LET'S PARTY GUYS.. IN A THREAD!
P.S. 

SCREAMING MY AS& ABOUT EUNJI KISSING KIM BUM.
I DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Just finished watching Epi 9 and fell head over hells for Jo In Sung and the new OST!!!  What should I do with myself now?? Mr P wont be happy with that but but ... hahaha

I can see the pain in JIS's eye at the episode 9 ending... is as if the entire "tissues" in his body are acting.... the expression the pain that he is feeling made my eye teared up and cried with them GOSH .... cant wait for eposide 10, 11 , 12, 13 ......

Guest Laila085

dunlop09 said: smokegetsinyoureyes said: msbae77 said:

I braved myself to watch ep 9...What makes me wonder is "I thought all this time OY knows that the pill is a killer pill, no? So she just thought that it will just make her at sleep in peace?  And she just realized now what the pill really is, thus thinking that OS really wants to kill her for money? 

Guest malou1310

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 1.8em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: -1px;"‘Wind Blows In Winter’ continues to be the #1 Wed-Thurs drama20130218_WindBlowsInWinter_1.jpgThe battle continues for the #1 drama in the Wednesday-Thursday time slot! All three dramas ‘IRIS 2‘, ‘7th Grade Civil Servant‘, and ‘Wind Blows In Winter‘ had their fair share of hype especially with the appearances of some of your favorite idol stars in the cast lineup. But once again, for several consecutive weeks in a row, ‘Wind Blows In Winter’ has come out on top!

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the March 7th broadcast of ‘Wind Blows In Winter’ achieved a 14.4% viewer rating which was a 1.1% increase from its previous episode! If the drama is able to keep it up, perhaps it may be able to surpass 20%, which means we’ll get to see a kiss between Kim Bum and A Pink‘s Eunji!

Meanwhile, ’7th Grade Civil Servant’ achieved 9.9%, coming in second, leaving ‘IRIS 2′ in third place once more at 9.5%.

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/wind-blows-in-winter-continues-to-be-the-1-wed-thurs-drama

Guest junely2s

this episode 9 is confusing to me also. So i rewatched it closely, and came up with my own interpretation of Youngie cold reactions toward Soo. She knows she is having a recurrent of a brain tumor with constant headaches, but she doesn't want anyone to know. She doesn't want to be a burden to anyone, especially to Soo. So maybe she thinks it is best to pull way from him as her feelings for him get stronger and her illness is getting worse.

Moreover, she doesn't want to go back to the hospital to do all the blood testings and needles sticking in her body. She will be lonely and might die there alone. As previous episode shown, when she was talking to Soo in the green house, he was asking her to go check the doctor for her eyes and headaches, but she refused. Youngie, knowing that whileshe is going through all the pain process in the hospital, Soo will eventually leaves her side forever as he told her that he can only stays for three months.Their time together is very short,, tick.. tock... tick... tock.... He will move on with his life instead of staying with a blind sister. That is like their contract agreement in the first place. So she chose not to go the doctor and have treatments, as in the end Soo will no longer be there. 

I think up in episode 8, she begins to really fall for Soo, still doubting who Soo really is yet having several clues throughout the movie indicating that he is actually the con artist Soo that she met a year ago. But she chose to go along with the game, because she is curious to know who is this "Oppa Soo" really is, in her own way.Because she feel happy and secure with him. So I think she is searching for her own answers. I have a feeling that she knows Soo was trying to kiss in the episode 8, because their lip actually touched, just slightly.She might have pretended to sleep. Just like episode 9, when Soo walks in her room, she pretended to sleep, also when the first time they were sleeping together cuddling, she actually heard what Soo said to her that he will be by side when she needs him.

I think she is playing the head game, like Soo said.hhehehe

Youngie is very smart yet sensitive; she heards things very well, even if she is blind. For example, when Soo emptied the capsule, she heard it dropped and knows what was going on. She knows that Soo doesn't want her to take the killer pill and he was lying to her when he said the pill that will ease and soothe her pain doesn't exist in this world. She knows that pill will have her leave this earth peacefully forever, and that is why she wanted to take the pill so badly. 

Youngies knows that Soo really cares for her and wanted to protect her. From many instances, like the mountain hiking, Soo carried her to the top, and bell he placed on her wrist and braille letter he wrote. she was kinda teary when she read his braille knowing that he cares for her well being. I think she is pretending to be cold towards her so he would stop caring for her as she believes they will separate in the end. that is whty she is being nice to Secretary Wang and being sarcastic towards Soo. i think she doesn't want him to see her going through all the pain because of her illness.

I felt she cares about about Soo even though she was being cold to him, when the group of gangster took her bag and phone, telling her her brother is calling her. and she told them just take everything except for the phone, over and over again. She want the phone to talk to Soo in case she needs him or something. But when Soo came she was surprise because she didn't want him to know that she cares for him. So she tries to get mad and blamed him for not not killing using the pill because she is an easy target.

Next week preview is also a clue showing us that both main characters care and love each other. Especially Youngie wanting to married the eyeglasses dude knowing he already has a lover, but she must marry him before she dies and make Soo feel relief that Youngie has someone now to be taken care off, so he can leave at peace and live his own life, without feeling any burden. That I think is why Soo is being so cold to Soo.

I might get over board with my crazy thoughts.. hehehehee. P.S. I think there will be a happy ending and they will be together in the end. And like the Japanese version. Youngie will get her vision back with Mul Choo eyes,.. I am guessing, since he also has two months to live.

Guest jjsweeter0211

tumblr_mjbt19EU1l1s7wlhuo1_500.pngtumblr_mjbt19EU1l1s7wlhuo2_500.png

“I, for your sake, placed a million bells. Actually, this sound is from the rustling of the frozen branches of trees. Later when I leave, even if you lose the bell, when the Winter wind blows, the trees will always make this sound. If only you could see this now it would have been great. But more than this, what I want to show you is Youngie, yourself. More than anything, it would be nice if you could see yourself.”

cr to seouleu.

Guest sunshine4ever

yellowumbrella said: I think OY got hurt when OS told OY to immediately take that pill (without the substance) of course. But the pill scene just bothers me. I dont get it!

Guest ziimblu

Before ep 10, we need to "lace and line" our mouth and stomach with lots of cotton candy & cake icing too, in order to "sugar coat" the impending pain. 
In my calendar, Wednesday night is the new Friday night, and Thursday night is the new Saturday night.The rest of the days have lost their significance. 
***same here, had hard time loading up the thread (on ipad)  after ep 9 last night.Hope it won't be as hard to load the thread in the future, thanks thanks :-) 

Guest ziimblu

If they will sell, online, same prototype of glass bell chime, ahhhh, I will be the first buyer! 
 If they issue a limited edition of same glass bell chime with etched autograph from JIS, the man himself, awwww, I'd have to move heaven and earth to be on the list. 
Seriously, I want that glass bell chime, exactly the same!

Guest marlin

did you see OS ,s reaction when she refuse the chick kiss. ;))

and still he kissed her:P  he,s the man....

:-\"

Guest Loveee

After this drama ends, I wonder which drama that SHK will stare in & with who her leading man will be to make it another classic?I mean, we had: SHK w/ Song Seung Hun & Won Bin in Autumn In My Heart
SHK w/ Lee Byun Hun in All In
SHK w/ Rain in Full House
SHK w/ Hyun Bin in World Within...SHK w/ Joo In Sung for this current drama

Maybe the next one will be with Kwon Sang Woo from Sad Love Story?
-edit- maybe not Kwong Sang Woo, I forgot that he's married... that wouldn't make the drama as exciting.

Guest brokenmachine

I am so annoyed after ep 9. I am pretty sure they going to make Soo suffer more for the next 6 episodes. WHY THEY DO THIS TO US!!!! 

@junely2s:I agree w/ your analysis re:  OYs behavior.I think she is using the Defense Mechanism ....known as ....Reaction formation w/c reduces anxiety by taking up the opposite feeling, impulse or behavior. An example of reaction formation would be treating someone you strongly like in an excessively unfriendly manner in order to hide your true feelings. Why do people behave this way? According to Freud, they are using reaction formation as a defense mechanism to hide their true feelingIs by behaving in the exact opposite mannerShe knows that her tumor is getting worse and she wants to spare OS the pain by distancing herself now :(( :((the
@yellowumbrella:I do agree that our bumji couple are so cute and lovable!!They provide a lighter and funny side of the drama ;);))  w/c balances the mystery and  darker side, constantly looming in the horizon.

Malou1310:Thanks for the update on the ratings!!I hope TWTWB will cont. to blow  the rate above 20% in its coming episodes as it deserve more than the mentioned shows having above 20% ratings.I was watching that show here at SF- KBS chanel ....did not even bother to cont. w/ it...boring!!

queenbbee

said: After watching ep.08, I think I can understand more the title of the drama "That Winter, The Wind Blows". It seems that before meeting each other, both OY and OS live a numb life. They felt nothing but "that winter", they now feel the wind. OY gets OS's fragrance, senses his existence through the wind and OS conveys everything he cannot say to OY also through the wind. The wind is like a symbol of the fragile beauty. Beauty but so heart-breaking.