Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Guest eniya

YSY is indeed like an onion, the more u know him, the more u will like him. He has a very unique humble background and I just bump into another interesting Chinese article recently that describe his childhood life in more details and i almost fell off the chair. No wonder, he does not desire for a car or house first, but loves simple things like books. I would like to share just this small portion from that article with u b4 i go into lurking mode. The interview was done the day after he return back to korean,  when he had finished filming happy noodle( china ) and Brand Guardian ( japan ) for that past half year in 2012.

BEWARE* again ... It may only be 95% accurate as my language for eng & chinese is not fluent but at least u get the gist of the whole story.  

YOON SHI YOON - CHILDHOOD LIFE - enjoy ~

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ENG TRANSLATION from part of a chinese article 

- originally from a korean magazine《 men's health 2012 》

(* note : i added some of my comments in brackets )

Yoon Shi Yoon was born in 1986 but his memories of childhood seems to be surrounded by mountains and one rural school, which was founded or set up by the elders living in the village. When other kids at his age went to kindergarten to learn english, YSY studied chinese and old *teachings in this rural school. When those kids were learning Taekwondo, he had to carry buckets to get water from the mountains everyday. (*not sure what is the accurate translations for that old teachings he mentioned specifically)

Because his parents were busy working in Seoul, he had to live with his granny in the village. ( * He mention in TAXI interview after 100 days he was born, he was sent to his granny to be taken care of).  He said that he seemed to be living in an old traditional era and the mountains were his playground. Everyday at 6am, his granny would wake him up and pack 2 empty buckets in his backpack. He started his day by climbing to the mountain top to get the water which took about 1 and half hour in total and get back home to have his breakfast. Then with that buckets of water he brought , they would steam some *crispy rice to eat. ( *note : He mentioned in TAXI interview that crispy rice is one of his favourite snack). He did this task everyday until he was in primary 6. 

The reporter then ask him if it was so hard to get water from that village itself. He laughed and replied that actually there is an old well just beside his old house. He described his granny has her own strict but loving way to train/discipline him as a kid. Though she loves him dearly but she did not like to dote on her only grandson. She thought this was best way to train him to be well-mannered and strong in character and not end up being a spoilt brat, which is unlike the korean movie that he mentioned - THE WAY HOME. (*note : Starring Yoo Seung Ho as little kid, the granny in the movie pampered her grandson excessively - btw is quite a touching movie and its mountain scenery kind of helps me to be able to imagine how YSY had lived his childhood ).

Even now, whenever there is any important matters coming ahead (such as award ceremony etc.), he would always make a trip to the mountain first. He will have this ease of mind when he is back from the trip. And his manager had to remind him to at least stay in contact whenever he go there. Although he returned to Seoul when he was in secondary school, he never forget his upbringing by his grandparents. Whenever he need spiritual comfort, he will take a long bus ride back to his old village. ( note : no wonder one of his favourite sport is Mountaineering).

He treats his grandparents just like his own parents. Each time when he sees them, they seems to be getting older and he felt sad. He wanted to bring them to travel often but they are not always in good health, and it pains his heart. His granny became talk of town, when he paid for her very first flight trip to travel oversea after he had finished shooting "BAKER KING". They were all so envious of her that she has got a such a filial grandson who respects and cares for her deeply.

The reporter in her own comments wrote that he is so different and he is steady and way matured then his actual age. He is humble, mature in thoughts, confident in his speech and is positive in thinking/altitude which he learnt it not from his school days but pretty much from his own upbringing.

eniya

wrote:

»

YSY is indeed like an onion, the more u know him, the more u will like him. He has a very unique humble background and I just bump into another interesting Chinese article recently that describe his childhood life in more details and i almost fell off the chair. No wonder, he does not desire for a car or house first, but loves simple things like books. I would like to share just this small portion from that article with u b4 i go into lurking mode. The interview was done the day after he return back to korean,  when he had finished filming happy noodle( china ) and Brand Guardian ( japan ) for that past half year in 2012.<br />

BEWARE* again ... It may only be 95% accurate as my language for eng

<br />

<br />

YOON SHI YOON - CHILDHOOD LIFE - enjoy ~

ENG TRANSLATION from part of a chinese article - originally from a korean magazine《 men's health 2012 》<br />

<br />

(* note : i added some of my comments in brackets )<br />

Yoon Shi Yoon was born in 1986 but his memories of childhood seems to be surrounded by mountains and one rural school, which was founded or set up by the elders living in the village. When other kids at his age went to kindergarten to learn english, YSY studied chinese and old *teachings in this rural school. When those kids were learning Taekwondo, he had to carry buckets to get water from the mountains everyday. (*not sure what is the accurate translations for that old teachings he mentioned specifically)<br />

Because his parents were busy working in Seoul, he had to live with his granny in the village. ( * He mention in TAXI interview after 100 days he was born, he was sent to his granny to be taken care of).  He said that he seemed to be living in an old traditional era and the mountains were his playground. Everyday at 6am, his granny would wake him up and pack 2 empty buckets in his backpack. He started his day by climbing to the mountain top to get the water which took about 1 and half hour in total and get back home to have his breakfast. Then with that buckets of water he brought , they would steam some *crispy rice to eat. ( *note : He mentioned in TAXI interview that crispy rice is one of his favourite snack). He did this task everyday until he was in primary 6. <br />

The reporter then ask him if it was so hard to get water from that village itself. He laughed and replied that actually there is an old well just beside his old house. He described his granny has her own strict but loving way to train/discipline him as a kid. Though she loves him dearly but she did not like to dote on her only grandson. She thought this was best way to train him to be well-mannered and strong in character and not end up being a spoilt brat, which is unlike the korean movie that he mentioned - THE WAY HOME. (*note : Starring Yoo Seung Ho as little kid, the granny in the movie pampered her grandson excessively - btw is quite a touching movie and its mountain scenery kind of helps me to be able to imagine how YSY had lived his childhood ).<br />

Even now, whenever there is any important matters coming ahead (such as award ceremony etc.), he would always make a trip to the mountain first. He will have this ease of mind when he is back from the trip. And his manager had to remind him to at least stay in contact whenever he go there. Although he returned to Seoul when he was in secondary school, he never forget his upbringing by his grandparents. Whenever he need spiritual comfort, he will take a long bus ride back to his old village. ( note : no wonder one of his favourite sport is Mountaineering).<br />

He treats his grandparents just like his own parents. Each time when he sees them, they seems to be getting older and he felt sad. He wanted to bring them to travel often but they are not always in good health, and it pains his heart. His granny became talk of town, when he paid for her very first flight trip to travel oversea after he had finished shooting "BAKER KING". They were all so envious of her that she has got a such a filial grandson who respects and cares for her deeply.<br />

The reporter in her own comments wrote that he is so different and he is steady and way matured then his actual age. He is humble, mature in thoughts, confident in his speech and is positive in thinking/altitude which he learnt it not from his school days but pretty much from his own upbringing.

Guest misstennis

hi, was anyone able to save his sbs midnight tv appearance? i know it was on youtube but it was taken down before i even got the chance to save it :( would someone be so kind to reupload/share it please?

(It's up here in case you couldn't watch it from the other link!)
Ah wait...doesn't lets you see it from this link that ysy94 posted?      

ysy94 said:Everyone can watch YSY in SBS Midnight Entertainment herehttp://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=siyoon&no=80632&page=1&bbs= 

Guest misstennis

Frinda said:  (It's up here in case you couldn't watch it from the other link!)

ysy94 said:Everyone can watch YSY in SBS Midnight Entertainment herehttp://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=siyoon&no=80632&page=1&bbs= 

@misstennis said: Frinda said:  (It's up here in case you couldn't watch it from the other link!)

Guest misstennis

Frinda said:   

@misstennis said: Frinda said:  (It's up here in case you couldn't watch it from the other link!)