Guest buguz

Seems like everyone is going to bed :))
Goodnight all~ 6098957754_0d29a40352_z.jpg

@Hanjae: Did I tell you that I always enjoy your diction?! :)) Did you major in English or literature-related field? :)  
@hayuinblue: Have lots of fun in Daejang's land! I'm working my butt off now to save up for a trip myself too, hopefully to make it by late fall this year!
Edit: Same comment needed to go to @farstrep @dr25 @kappy and @guadi too! You guys have hyped up the urge to re-marathon Faith allover again for me!!

Guest Hanjae

@buguz
Hmm, that's a REALLY interesting take! Now that I reread that quote, it is certainly possible that it carried a double meaning, isn't it? Writer Song may indeed have been trying to hint at the time-travel conundrum through Eun Soo's "knowledge" of it, though if so I would suggest that its use in the E23 scene was misplaced. It implies a hindsight that Eun Soo couldn't possibly have had at that stage, because we see that even at the end of E24 she had only begun to comprehend the "faith" factor and the reason for her journey through personal experience (i.e. wandering through centuries). Based on the messages she'd received from Future Eun Soo, the diary and strange "flashbacks," the only thing that Eun Soo could have been sure of by E23 was that Future Eun Soo had gone back in time to leave warnings to herself of what will go wrong. It would take quite a mental leap for Eun Soo to conclude that her future self was actually lost in time or wandering and unable to find CY based on what appeared to be fairly clear warnings regarding his safety. Even if the quote was more motivated by the need to express her depth of feeling than clarity of understanding regarding her future time-travelling, it still required her to make some mighty assumptions. Thus I find it hard to believe that the Eun Soo in E23 - who is predominantly worried about survival at that point - knew enough about the time conundrum to drop suggestive remarks about her own future.

I'm sorry if that's totally incoherent, because it's 3:30am and my brain is jelly. =))

And haha I did consider a major in English, but I went with Archaeology in the end. ;)) Now I'm going to sleep, goodnight!

Guest buguz

@Hanjae
Don't worry, your jelly mind still made sense lol. Although, technically speaking, I think it was possible for Eunsoo to figure the mechanism at that time, giving that:

- The various number sequences written down in the notebook indicated that many trials were attempted. She could have wild guessed about the reasons, including the need to get back to modern Korea or, the need to get back to the right time.

- She could have also noticed that all of the notes left to herself all centered around the wellness of Young, mentally and physically. Young, himself, raised the question as well as to whether there was anything written down that concerned with ES' conditions rather than his.

At this point, theoretically she could have raised the question of why would her future self be concerned of only Young but not herself. With that state of mind, would all that attempts to go back/forth in time was really to return to 2012 or was she trying to achieve another purpose of life? Throwing in the history backdrop that she was well aware of plus her true feeling towards the man, I say that she could possibly have it firgured out 85% of the game. As you stated, at this stage Eunsoo yet to understand the profound of her faith. Not until when she was left 100 years ahead of Young. This was also indicated with the vague and doubled-meaning speech that she gave in e23. Wandering around searching for Young was probably all she could handle right then and there.

Although the conundrum itself did make sense, lots of details around it didn't, particularly many parts of her memory. This is where I hope that the book would pay more attention since all of this should have been focused more throughout the story so that we, as viewers could follow the logics of the conundrum. I hated it when we had to sit back and tried to get behind the minds of everyone (like how the heck that all CSI detectives went from point A to B just like that??!)

Guest buguz

Now that all the logic is still kicking in the back of my mind and the thread is really quiet, I'm going to jot down some lingerings I meant to share a while back but couldn't manage to.

As some of you have known, I'm obsessed with the warrior theme. This is the single reason why I chose Faith over Arang and many other dramas at that time (being totally oblivious to MinHot). And probably before anything else, the sole reason why I am so invested with this show, regardless of all of its flaws. 

For me, the epilogue was all about Young. By the end of E23, it was time for his final self-battle for the justification of a warrior. Back in his old days with the Red Moon Army, the concept was distant to him because all he did, was follow his teacher. When that Father figure vanished, so did he. The loss of Mae Hee only added gravity to the situation but above all, it was him who lost his vindication. For that reason, to me, Young was never whole before.

The duo dynamics of Eun Soo and Gongmin were critical for Young's multi-dimensional development in such a short period of time. The development was forced so abruptly and brutally that we sobbed with him along the way.  But it was necessary to enlighten him with the true meaning of a warrior: a man who fights for a cause. Young needed to be a real man first so there was Eun Soo to breathe soul into him, to teach him to acknowledge the lives of himself and of those around him. His hands fluttered because he no longer just killed, he needed a justification from the other side as well. After all, who was he to judge whether someone was worthy to die or not. Gongmin was there to grant Young the reason to fight for. Here was one weak, immature King with the guts to tell Young in the face that he trusted Young in his mission to rebuild everyone's country. How could have this courage and boldness not shaken up a lost heart?  

The warrior Young needed to come back as whole as ever. Because only then, would his sword serve its purposes. Only then, would his hands hold high. Only then, would he make history.

PS: posted w/ phone and somehow the format is messed up, urrgg! Time to sleep! Fixed :D

Guest Anomalous

Thank you @buguz and @Hanjae. Three insightful posts in a row, and you both have some valid points. =D> =D>  I also love the warrior theme too, and Choi Young's journey in finding his path as a warrior is fascinating to me. I love and agree with everything you said above buguz. Good night. :-h

Annyeong @Faithlings :-h
Just logging in to say hello and leaving a message for @Hanjae and @buguz.
Thank you two for sharing your babies about E22 and @buguz, the warrior post, I :x it.

I agree with buguz's analysis on the reason why Eun Soo said she would be wandering by herself in the future (past). When I first saw it, I knew she was hinting Young at the time and I suspect this tie it closely to the ending SJN was going; or more so the PD-nim was going since he did not showcase how Young found the aspirin bottle from the ground. Thus, this little clue is thrown in to give Young that hint; to tell him to have faith, and that Eun Soo will come back to him, so he has to stay alive.

I did not marathon E22 and E23 side by side so I am unsure whether that dialogues flow after all that angsty conversation. The one flaw I am unhappy with this drama is the editing team did a poor job. I constantly find myself at a moment where I'm all goo on the floor and the next I am in disgust e.g. E12 hand holding scene and then straight after KC in bath tub. *booooo!* That's a mood breaker there.

@hayuinblue
I hope to see you more often. Have a good rest after the flight :)

@buguz
Looks like we are separated by time difference :(
Sorry I've gone to bed after you came in. I should've been in bed 3 hours ago but I was being naughty already.
However, thanks for your thoughts, they have been archived :D

@Yuuni
Bonjour, uri amazing unni zoomi if you are BTS lurking again ;))

@Anomalous
Hello to you too ~ anymore creative artwork for me? ^ ^

ONE LAST REMINDER:
6 HOURS LEFT to vote for Your Favourite Wuldachi & Suribang pups!

@myphim @Yuumi
Hahahaha! People should know by now what CS has done X( X(
Do I need to remind them? :))
But they still love him for his loyalty, what to do???

I found a RS video to share with you all ~ :\">
*Yay* It's showing now....

KISS ME BABY ~ KISS ME LEE MIN HO CHOI YOUNG :)) ;)) :x

Guest myphim

sia3 said: @myphim @Yuumi
Hahahaha! People should know by now what CS has done X( X(
Do I need to remind them? :))
But they still love him for his loyalty, what to do???

I found a RS video to share with you all ~ :\">
But I need to get it to show first since it isn't from Youtube.

@myphim
What?! Did you just claimed it before seeing the video showing up? :)) =))
Well you cannot claimed it. No one can. Rule No.1 - we don't claim uri imja couple RS coz it's the one and only. :'( :'( :'(
Love this one, I love the music, anyone know where to get the music and who sang it?
I'm just gonna play it in the background and re-watch the RS. :))
Sighs, watching this makes me miss them.

@Yuuni
Hahaha ~ possibly.
She's the one who PS the modern imja couple pictures I share with you girls. Screen name lnnie. :) :) and if not her lurking in here, kittykittyshen can bring the info back to her at imja couple baidu bar.

Nicely done, eh? I quite like it only if she could do an all angle RS like we did in the video ;))

Eh? Why did you remove your comment?

edit:
It's different. There's more angsty in the later episodes and most importantly, that's not straight hair head band daejang. LOL.
I just miss seeing KHS and LMH interactions too... :-S

Guest myphim

sia3 said: @myphim
What?! Did you just claimed it before seeing the video showing up? :)) =))
Well you cannot claimed it. No one can. Rule No.1 - we don't claim uri imja couple RS coz it's the one and only. :'( :'( :'(
Love this one, I love the music, anyone know where to get the music and who sang it?
I'm just gonna play it in the background and re-watch the RS. :))
Sighs, watching this makes me miss them.

Hanjae

wrote:

»

@sia3

<br />

Fair enough!

:))

<br />

<br />

Hmm. I think the problem I had with that scene (including the second half of it at the beginning of Episode 23) is that it went all-out scream-fest melodrama on me, with some histrionics from Eun Soo that felt out of character. I understand the emotional turmoil that the both of them were going through and that they needed to hammer it out together even if it meant fighting about it, but Eun Soo's speech about how she'd wander about looking for him like a zombie was overly melodramatic. Choi Young lying that he'd be able to forget her and live well was the same - what happened to the Choi Young who didn't lie?<br />

<br />

Ooh, are those mouse pads? I'd give an arm and a leg for some CY merchandise.

=))

Couldn't find any in HK.<br />

<br />

Edit;<br />

@dr25

<br />

Unfortunately for me I saw stills on news articles long before I watched the finale, so it was spoiled for me.

:))

But still, so cute! Dok Mi 2.0, and a muchhhh better choice for JR than Fluff Monster.

;))