[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

I wanted to share some thoughts about this drama and I am going to link you to my first sharing because I just felt like at the first sharing, I just cut myself off from some ideas in it. So please go here if you would like to read my first sharing before you read this one for episodes 1-5. (Just in case you read my first sharing and wondered why the captures are so small and there are ones that are big..I uploaded my captures in 2 sources and 1 of them made it small at one time or another. I did not save those captures so can't reupload them. I'm sorry for the uneven captures.)

Please note that I will be using Soo for Jo In Sung's character and Oh Soo for Oh Young's brother for this post again.

Coming back to what I was sharing earlier for episodes 1-5, I just felt like this scene made a lot of  impact on me.
2e6aogy.jpg28t9m4j.jpg

I mentioned in the first sharing that when Oh Soo got into a car accident, I was wondering why it ended abruptly like that and I was referring to the fact that Soo didn't really know what is right and wrong. The reasons I said so is because I just felt like he doesn't know a lot of things that have to do with moral and/or concept of how a person should treat another person. Like for instance, Oh Soo was his friend and Oh Soo died in front of his eyes --- of course at that moment he witnessed it and got frustrated and got really concerned, but even so after 1 year in prison and even though he went to see Oh Soo by the river, he still did not think of Oh Soo's sister. (Like for example, he didn't just sit and think that it was wrong of him to deceive his friend's sister to get her money so that he can rescue himself).

At this moment, I'm not going to concern too much about him being a bad person as the story just started and we barely got to know Soo. I know that he was only desperate when he wanted to be Oh Young's brother for money because he couldn't come back as a gambler anymore to gain money, so it was during desperate situation he wanted to deceive her, but still we can't forget that he did not think/consider his old friend and his sister at this moment.

So far in episode 2 I learned that Soo wanted to get money from Young so bad that he even used the kettle's steams to burn his arm. So you can see what kind of person Soo is. I think he is the one who is one who is over the edge although he didn't seem like a bad person or anything to others, but he was willing to risk even his own life for his goal. Just to survive he would do whatever it takes kind of person? I'm not sure what I wrote is even right either, but I'm just trying to understand Soo so whatever I'm sharing to you is really just mere thoughts. Sometimes it's hard to prove what I saw because we don't really know much about him yet.

But I really like watching this scene right here:
rbkzed.jpg2418j7n.jpg
^at first when I watched this scene I cried and the reasons why I cried was because I saw everything that happened to Young. (I saw her brother died in front of her and her dad died in the same day. I also saw that her mom abandoned her as a little girl and she was crying as she rushed after her mom and her brother.) Anyway, in this scene Soo actually had some flashback of the adult Young and what she said to him. I think he sympathized with her here because he saw a lot of clips of her younger self laughing and crying at the same time. I think if you try to get to know someone and you found out about what happened to them and how they had turned out the way they are you would definitely feel sorry for that person. I'm not sure if Soo is sorry for Young, but he certainly changed his expressions as he watched the clips from the video he found. If I remember correctly he was enjoying himself watching clips of her smiling and playing with her brother---I remember first time I watched it I was so touched by Young's cute smiles I cried---I felt so sorry for her in different ways and I think Soo did so in a different way. Of course, he might not even know it himself because exteriorly and/or on the surface he continued on with his driven goal of getting the 7.8 million that he's forced to pay back.

However, I think because he saw what happened to her in the clips and because he consistently hearing her saying she just wanted to die without knowing that she said so because she indeed thinking that she will die makes him even more sympathized. He played her brother and treated as though he was her brother, but I think he gradually liked her (without realizing) it because of her innocence. Also trying to factor in the fact that after her mom and brother left, she couldn't open herself to anybody except to that secret room and the video camera---I think that made her a lonely person who didn't trust the world that she lived in.

I think the reasons why she was so innocent to him was because she lost her brother when she was 6 and she liked her brother so much. And because she liked her brother so much, she still kept that kind of memories with her. So much in those memories that she was very intimate with him like a six-year-old with her brother. That was why she touched him so when she touched his face/cheeks/eyes....she also touched his body so that she can find out how tall he is. So basically everything that we see, I assume it must be because she really missed him so that was why she wanted to know about him as much as she could as she thought that Soo was really her brother. Since he acted so much like her brother with the way he chased after her in the river, gave her a slap, and bought cotton candy for her as he promised when she was six.

I'm totally amazed at this drama's flashbacks. Like every time there is a flashback I cried along with the characters. In the scene below, I cried the first time I watched it. That's how amazing the flashbacks of this drama are for me. They all have meanings and I just like the fact that you do not have to deal a lot of child actors in one episodes or so, but the child actors support the adult actors so well.
v5i9vl.jpg95quk4.jpg
2en98n7.jpg2i7so4l.jpg
^If you look at Soo here, he looked a little bit guilty and very sympathizing. Like as if he was her brother himself seeing her coming down with the cotton candy her brother held. I think as he got to know more about Oh Young, he began to be shaped like a different person---turning from a very cold dude to a guy who has affections.

I love his expressions very much. Turning from sad like above to being happy here.
26o85.jpg2v34lg7.jpg

I highly doubt that Soo would think that he had become a different person because of the little six-year-old Young that he met.
348sg09.jpg2r2t44j.jpg
Because it was so terrible to see her cried (probably from the video), so he smiled thinking of her smiling.

I think that was why he was chasing after the kids just to buy cotton candy, so that he could make her smile. :)
1zq6b8n.jpg2mzabr8.jpg

I stopped capturing here, but if you watch the cotton scene again you'll see how happy he was and how happy she was. :)

As for what happened next after that in episode 5. I just felt like when she was touching him to feel his body, I think she was just really thinking of him as her brother. She was very innocent and didn't think much because she still was (inside) a six-year-old to her brother because back then maybe she had a very good experience with her brother, but then she lost him so it might hurt her a lot so she kept her memories of him deeply in her heart. So when she thought she found him again she just wanted to touch him to feel how big he had become and to hug him and to ask him to let her lay on his shoulder. But again, we have to consider a six-year-old's request. I don't think it's gross at all if you think of a mentality of a six-year-old. But I think for his part it is different. I think he's entangled in another world he couldn't come out. I don't think he even envisioned himself feeling sorry for her and/or smiling constantly because he was able to make her smile.

adp72t.jpg2nvcz1u.jpg
^I love this scene very much. He looked like a kid in this scene who was completely lost and confused. He had sorrow, but couldn't express it and he looked mad in this scene. But even though she barely got to know him, she knew how to comfort him with her touch. She didn't say much. I think it was her touch that was effective towards him. She touched his face and body before. And now she just moved his head over closer to her. I am so amazed by their chemistry in this scene.  I think touch has a special meaning also because sometimes when someone is lonely they usually would like to be touched. Sometimes it is hard to express loneliness in a way, but I think he was a cold person so he never expressed that kind of feeling and maybe did not know of its existence or how to name that kind of feeling. So her ways of touching him did something to his soul inside. I don't know how to further explain this scene other than the fact that I am just crazily watching it. She looked like a mother to him also because he did look like a kid here with his frustrations or his lack of words when she asked him stuffs.

I think he may not know what is right and wrong and/or how to distinguish it and maybe it had to do with his background and how he was raised. But I think she knew what is right and wrong, so I am hoping these two can head somewhere together. I'm not too concerned about siblings and/or worry too much about Soo & Young's being siblings or related otherwise it will be hard to enjoy this drama. Hehe. There was a scene in one of the long teasers and I loved it very much. She was blind, but she was leading him because he followed her. (Wow, what do you know, but I have noticed that she had been leading him on with her touch. lol. And please, she is not a bad girl! She just is a very direct person who touched him in the inside with her physical touch, but that was because he saw her videos/life diary and also encountered her in her current situations which may be is similar to him because he was also once was left behind by his family just like she was by her family [mom and bro].)

Sorry for the long post and thank you so much for reading!

Guest jjsweeter0211

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; line-height: normal; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; "GUMMY - SNOWFLAKE (눈꽃) Live_60" sneak peek

cr to YGEntertainment

jjsweeter0211 said: id="watch-headline-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; line-height: normal; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; "GUMMY - SNOWFLAKE (눈꽃) Live_60" sneak peek

cr to YGEntertainment

i rewatched episode 5. i'm really curious about the pill. i know OS wont give it to OY because now he's getting confuse about what he really feels toward OY.  I think now at this point of the drama we see that he's slowly start to feel something for OY.  Now he wants to save her.  I think in the future he'll end up giving the pill to OY.  I think when he made her so happy that she doesn't want to kill herself anymore.  Then he'll give her the pill to remind her that when she dies she wont feel the happiness anymore. or maybe he'll just throw it away. thats why i love this drama you don't really know whats going to happen next.  anyone has ever watched the music video of because i'm a girl by kiss? when the guy gave up his eyes for the girl. what if something happens to OS at the end and he ended up giving his eyes to OY. lol i know everyone wants a happy ending but just a thought.  i actually cried on that video at the end. the first korean music video i watched and it made me cry.

This is great! "Snowflower" is currently #1 on melon ^___^ its also third on bugs and doing well on other music charts. There are two TWTWB OSTs currently in the melon top 10!

BEGZ25uCMAA4RdM.jpg

I hope this means that there'll be more interest in the drama because they should check it out! I was sucked into this drama in the first couple minutes already LOL.

Just read the articles and it's so sweet of Joong Ki and Kwang Soo to do all of that for JIS. I didn't know they were close, I love joong ki! ^^ it must mean that JIS is a pretty awesome friend if they're doing all of this for him :)

At last, we're so close to episode 6!!! OMG, I couldn't even focus on my midterms properly this week bc I was so excited for this weeks episodes LOL. Please give me the O2 kiss scenes I deserve and have been waiting so patiently for!!!

wow I didnt' know as well that SJK is very close to JIS< that is great, I know LGS had a CF with JIS, 
JIS has so many great actor friends in his field!
so chingus! are u guys ready for camping tonight?
although Im not feeling well I will try to watch live streaming!

hi nice to meet u all.. TWTWB lover..
im really happy to see our 0xygen couple here.. they both have wonderful chemistry in this drama...
i really can wait for wathing ep 6 n 7 this day wowwww hope i can get wonderful scene from SW like last week