Guest Gukja1430292028

Hi soupies @sia3 @myphim @Anomalous @awesomeduck daejang @WutHmone @Maja @Hanjae @Yuuni @buguz @vangsweetie637 @LuvMinHo @farstrep @azzurri @kappy @tvelove @dr25 @bee_ipa @minozlove @shengvang @jasy @mattie2012 @pandeave @hayuinblue @katymac @mappyminho @rrmski @rinoaclara @guadi @dakie @lynlilly @silverlode @everyone 
Hope everyone's doing well today. :)I woke up feeling sick for my meeting at dawn this morning. :(I feel like crap all day. Now, it looks like I have a full blown cold. CRYING.gifCRYING.gif
Well, I just wanted to let you gals know that I'll be offline for a few days until I feel better. 
Please take good care and stay healthy gals. [-O<
@farstrepHope you're feeling better today. :)
@vangsweetie637Please continue to smile, be strong and that you get that wish you need. :)
@sia3 @WutHmoneGood luck with homework! 
@myphimPlease stay off liquor while I'm gone or you're going to get an earful when I'm back. ;;)
Well, I'm off to fight this cold. :((I'll miss you. Love you all. :x
tumblr_lnz4v5NJ8E1qbvovho1_500.gif

18.gif

If we are in for another round of game, just holla me :))

@sia3 @myphim @Anomalous @awesomeduck daejang @WutHmone @Maja @Hanjae @Yuuni @buguz @vangsweetie637  @farstrep @kappy @tvelove @dr25 @bee_ipa @shengvang @jasy @mattie2012 @pandeave @hayuinblue @katymac @mappyminho @rrmski @rinoaclara @guadi @dakie @lynlilly @silverlode @minzlove 

Hola and Good Night :-h
Sharing a few pictures :)
iMMUo5k5m7aU2.png
I made sure that Mae-hee is faded away ;;)
iJjRu26cAZkHj.png
Uh-oh...I think Eunsoo caught Daejang stalking her :P (This reminds me of a certain Faithling here who is an avid stalker :)) )
Okay, I'm off to bed. Good night :D 

guadi said: Hola and Good Night :-h
Sharing a few pictures :)

I made sure that Mae-hee is faded away ;;)

Uh-oh...I think Eunsoo caught Daejang stalking her :P (This reminds me of a certain Faithling here who is an avid stalker :)) )
Okay, I'm off to bed. Good night :D 

Guest farstrep

@Gukja: The headache is actually the onset of a fever. :)) So I might be turning in early these few days.

@Yuuni: You're taking up a new language? :D

@everyone, hello! :-h I hope you've had a great day today. :x

28ck55i.jpg

Have you guys seen this fan MV before?

Guest farstrep

sia3 requested me to provide some quotes for Jang Bin's eulogy but I thought a quote or two was not enough to describe Jang Bin's entire life in full glory, hence I made up my mind to embark on a commentary instead, which will be posted in parts because it's simply too long.

I planned to post this on recap day itself. However, I don’t want to slow down the pace of the recap and divert everyone’s attention from the beautiful gifs, delicious HD screen caps and wonderfully detailed recaps that the various Faithlings have painstakingly put together for your enjoyment, so I am posting this ahead of time.

This post is the product of 21 crazy hours of “Faith” marathon, a burning forehead, several rounds of sinful soju and the Kenshin OST blasting in the background. Thus, the commentator is not going to take responsibility for any unhappiness or indignation that the readers might have from reading it. Boo! :P

jangbin5_zps2970e396.jpg

The first thing that strikes me about Jang Bin is his candid character.  He is not afraid to express his disapproval and call anyone out on serious issues that he does not see eye to eye with. Heavenly Beings are no exception either. In their first encounter in Episode 2, he censures Eun Soo when he witnesses her nonchalance at the Queen’s critical condition. He has immense respect and regard for his profession and holds his fellow doctors to the same high standards he subjects himself to. He cannot believe that the doctor standing before him is more concerned about herself than the bleeding patient on the bed. And in that split second, you can almost feel his mild disgust to be associated with her through their profession.

seriousjangbin_zpsfc0d16cb.jpg

Much as Jang Bin is impressed by Eun Soo’s unorthodox but superb surgical skills, he is not in the least pleased with her cavalier attitude towards the patients and immediately calls her out on it again.

“Are all healers of the heavens like this? Is a person’s life or death really so trivial to you? Our healers of the earth cannot be like that. ‘There’s no medicine, so there’s nothing we can do.’ We do not give up so easily. If this medicine does not work, then we try another. If that does not work, we try acupuncture. We must do everything in our power.”

This speech encapsulates Jang Bin’s ideals of a doctor. Even if the patient is at Death’s gates, he will still continue to attempt different methods to save him. Only because he is a doctor and a doctor never gives up on another’s life. Through his conversations with Eun Soo, he detects a fatal flaw in her and by association, the healers of the Heavens. The superiority of their medical technology, which is supposed to be a boon, acts as a bane as well. They place far too much faith in and become too dependent on it that they are rendered helpless the moment this technology is not within their reach. And this is when their dedication and medical expertise are put to the test. How badly do they want to save their patients? Are they able to improvise their medical supplies based on the things that are available to them at that point in time and still cure/save their patients?

Jang Bin’s speech raises some interesting questions.

What constitutes a true doctor? Are those two qualities the only criteria to achieving that coveted title?

doctor7_zps211b64e5.jpg

“They say a low-level physician heals the ailment, and a mid-level physician heals the person.”

I can't be certain this is what his teacher has taught him, what he has read or a reflection of his experience from treating patients. Whatever it is, it’s obvious from this statement that he has given a lot of thought to the notion of a true doctor. While his fellow doctors get derailed by other pursuits in life or disenchanted by the profession itself and thus, lose their sense of direction, Jang Bin is very clear about and completely focused on the kind of doctor he wants to be - a high-level physician who cures the patient’s ailment and takes care of his mental well-being.

If you think that’s the end of it, he brings up another essential issue that doctors have to learn to deal with in the course of their career - the patients’ deaths. Doctors have to take care of their own psyche so that they don’t doubt their ability and get disillusioned in the process. Doctors have to understand they are not God; they can’t expect themselves to save every single life that comes knocking on their door. There are bound to be a few who will slip through the crack due to certain factors. Doctors have to take these deaths in stride and not get too emotionally affected by them or they won’t be able to perform effectively in their job.

antidote_zps05d962ce.jpg

Jang Bin does not merely stop at his contemplation of the meaning and significance of a true doctor. He embodies it. His devotion to his calling as a doctor is best exemplified by his sacrifice in Episode 21. To his last breath, his mind is still on the antidote and how best he can prevent it from becoming destroyed so that Eun Soo can be saved. Some say it is partly due to Jang Bin’s close relationship with her. However, I firmly believe had the patient been a stranger, he would have done the same thing. Simply because that is who he is – always a doctor first, then a human being.

With his vast knowledge and steadfast belief and ideals in life, he is the best mentor anyone can have. His selfless dedication to his profession also makes him a role model to emulate and motivates Eun Soo to become a better doctor. Quietly but firmly, he pushes her to fulfill her potential and even helps her move beyond it. We see the first sign of this in Episode 7 where she picks some herbs and wonders how she can distil their essence to make the medicine she needs. The past Eun Soo would never have thought of that. She would have simply stopped short in her rescue operation due to the lack of modern tools and medication. She is fortunate to be under Jang Bin’s tutelage before his untimely demise.

Will I ever have the privilege of meeting such a mentor in the future? More importantly, can I ever become a person like him, a mentor who inspires confidence and faith in others?

There is more but this essay is getting a tad lengthy, so I’ll stop here for now and continue tomorrow. I'm turning in early today. :-h

Guest farstrep

@myphim: I need Kenspirin. :P

I love your pictures and the quote. :P How do you blend the quote so beautifully into the picture?

EDIT:
:-h I'll see you guys tomorrow.

sweet-dreams.jpg
@rrmski @vangsweetie637 @Yuuni
hiya-dropping-by-love.gif

@sia3 @myphim @LuvMinHo @awesomeduck @farstrep @guadi @bee_ipa @katymac @kappy @Hanjae @hayuinblue @rinoaclara @shengvang @tigereyespeppy @dakie @jasy @mappyminho @lynlily @mattie2012 @tvelove @buguz @WutHmone @pandaeve @silverlode @minozlove @everybody and apologies to those I forgot to mention

@GukjaAW! you have cold :( Take Care! We will miss you! 
3833.gif

Hi Faith-lings :-h Just woke up from a 5 hour nap. Professor V is here :D
Who is here at this time? Raise your hands please :D
@farstrep: Awww, oh no. You are sick too :(( You have been unwell for these last few days. Hope you feel better soon. Take care, stay warm and rest well. I would provide you a visual but my copy/paste is out of function right now so, here >:D< >:D<
@Gukja: Oh no! You too? :(( Do feel better and come back soon to chat with the gals. We will miss you and Young-ah >:D< >:D< Rest well, keep warm and take care. Auntie sweet bird will still be smiling ;)
Hm, I see @myphim @Maja @tigereyespeppy (hello. I am professor V of Faith :-h) 
hm..who else? :-?

If we are in for another round of game, just holla me :))

@sia3 @myphim @Anomalous @awesomeduck daejang @WutHmone @Maja @Hanjae @Yuuni @buguz @vangsweetie637  @farstrep @kappy @tvelove @dr25 @bee_ipa @shengvang @jasy @mattie2012 @pandeave @hayuinblue @katymac @mappyminho @rrmski @rinoaclara @guadi @dakie @lynlilly @silverlode @minzlove 

Hola from lunchbreak! Hope everyone is as fine as ever! :x

@Gukja: Hope you'll get better soon! Take care dear!! :x

Guest tigereyespeppy

I'm back!!!!! ;;)  Wow! A lot has happened since I've been gone! :-O

@Maja   Awwwww! Thank You! I went to http://shin-eui.blogspot.com/?m=0.  All the beautiful artwork!!! =P~  And now that I've read some of the script and the book, I'm even hungrier for more!!!!! :-SS

@sia3    OMG!!!! He's saying my name!!!! :x HAHAHAHAH  Thanks for the GIF!  I'm for LMH all the way!! :)>-  Whether he be daejang, or any of the other characters he plays. I think he's a great actor that has amazing potential! He's one of my all time favorite actors. It doesn't hurt that he's smoking HOT! :D

@Yuuni  It was nice meeting you too. I'm gonna be really busy for a while, but I'm gonna be coming here just about every night to check on the latest and see what I missed. :bz

@lynlily  Annyeong Haseyo! I think that's how you say it..... :)) Thanks for the warm welcome. Really everyone here is soooo nice! >:D<

@LuvMinHo Hi back! I like your avatar! :)

@berliansiahaan Beautiful Video!!!! Very emotional.

I probably sound like a hyper idiot... :))
I'll stop now. :-$