Next Scene

ES and CY stop for food.  They go into a small inn/restaurant where other people are eating and CY orders food.  

ES looks around and sees the men drinking.  So she asks CY if they can have a drink also.  CY shakes his head but she cajoles him.  He gives in.  ES waves her hand at the server and calls out loud that it attracts the attention of the men around.  

CY notices this and pulls her hand down.

ES talks to CY about how the place reminds her of a bar that she knows.  CY is more attentive to what is going on around them.  One of the men eating in the other table walks out.  As he goes out, he pulls out a poster.  It has the faces of ES and CY on them.

Inside, ES is raising a toast with CY.  ES is in good spirits and says that this is the first time that they had a drink together.

CY does not drink his alcohol so ES wonders if he likes alcohol.  CY says not particularly.  ES wants to know why.

CY tells ES, that when he says now, she has to duck right away.  ES says like this, ducking.  CY says "now!"

The men on the other table are attacking them.  CY takes them down easily.

He goes to ES and asks if she is alright.  She picks up her head, starts coughing so she downs the rest of her drink.  CY looks around at the men and notices the poster on one of them.  He shows it to ES.  ES asks if it resembles them. He says that with a reward that high, their journey will be difficult.  CY notices the other two men eating whose faces he cannot see.

SCENE CUTS to GC meeting DH. DH is informing GC that ES and CY has runaway. GC doesn’t take this news very well and asks “Why is my high doctor with him?” (Possessive much evil iceman)

GC angrily advances towards DH as DH backs away stuttering that he only found out recently. DH starts to ask for the Yuan royal but GC interrupts him and questioned how DH could have just found out. GC keeps treading towards DH with a sick and crazy look said that if DH did not offer ES up then she should still be in the palace and not with CY. GC continues: “ES should be with me right now, in my house”

GC’s arm starts gather up his freezing powers. DH is scared trying to convince GC that he has a plan to bring ES back. GC angrily says he is sick and tired of DH’s plans and lifts his hands to start freezing DH’s richard simmons (if only GC did not overcharge so soon he could have frozen DH and we wouldn’t need to bring DH to our cookout – darn pity)

Before GC could freeze DH’s richard simmons he lost control of his powers and collapsed. EJ rushes over to help him as he touches GC he his hand begins to freeze. HSI and Yang Sa rushes in and HSI uses her fire powers to counter the freezing effects.

GC is moved and put into a restorative bath (Lucky for us this time he is fully clothed!!! LOL ) GC complains that he should be looking for ES instead of taking a bath at this time. HSI said that her and EJ will find ES and bring her back. GC orders Yang Sa to send a message to all thieves, criminals, assassins and mercenaries that 1000 nyang is provided for the return of ES and to kill CY in order to bring ES back. (Good luck buddy!!! GC Stab* Stab* Stab*…us faithlings will send out a message to have you and your minions and DH killed for 1000000 nyang!!!)

Guest Gukja1430292028

Please don't take it daejang @myphim.  [-X Again she's not giving it to you. :PI need you sober to feel the pain for mistreating Imja @sia3 when LC shows up. :))

SCENE CUTS to CY and ES approaching an Inn. ES is about to go in but CY stops her to check around the place first. After confirming no immediate danger he ushers ES into the Inn.

http://i.minus.com/iPsoQnqq6ieaP.gif

As they enter the Inn CY checks out the surroundings. There are some rough looking and some mysterious looking men with hats covering their faces. CY’s protective instinct kicks in and marks his territory again by putting his hands around ES’s shoulders as he leads her to a table.

http://i.minus.com/ibihl8oxodz4MX.gif

CY starts to order food. ES notices other men drinking and asked if they could have a drink too. CY shakes his head at first but when ES pulls out her aegyo charm again he could no longer refuse her request (LOL – too cute!!!)

ES not knowing better puts up her hand and she calls out loudly to the service lady attracting unwanted attention from the men in the Inn.

dr25 said: I would love one of course. Still If the PD wasn't the one who brought him to showbiz in the first place, I would've been more displeased with him. The killing was good for the story and it was due to may Zaen's bad luck so I'm fine with it. It's the screen time, the false hopes he gave us of JB being a second lead. Even Daeman , a newbie who didn't wait for the drama's problems to be solved for more than one year , got more screen time.  

The face-off between two of Eun Soo's ex-suitors is a scene of unintentional hilarity. If the ever-deadpan Gongmin was in the room, he would likely either scoff, roll his eyes or simply facepalm.

cU8BfRO.jpg

Deok Heung: My betrothed and the kidnapper are now on their way to a northern village border.
Ki Chul: Why is my Eui Seon with him?

The use of the possessive by both of them is not only amusing in its ridiculousness, but also quite interesting because it says a lot about these two men and their varying levels of delusion. The fact that neither of them are able to come to terms with the reality that Eun Soo is not theirs underlines their biggest common factor - their pride. Their pride simply would not let them admit that they have both been unable to win over Eun Soo in their own turn, and their similar greed (and the fact that they see people as objects for possession) drives them to possess what they cannot have. In a way, Deok Heung and Ki Chul are very much like children throwing tantrums because a particular toy is out of their reach.

Also interesting in this scene is the way that Hwa Soo In and Cheon Eum Ja reacts during the resulting backlash Ki Chul experiences when he tries to use his ice powers affirms what @farstrep and I were previously discussing - that Hwa Soo In (and Cheon Eum Ja) had very limited knowledge of what their sahyung was suffering. Only Yang Sa knew how to treat him and what must be done (such as not moving Ki Chul unnecessarily), while Hwa Soo In and Cheon Eum Ja were confused and shocked at the severity of his attack. They did not express sufficient surprise to suggest that they had no knowledge of Ki Chul's illness, but it is certain they were unaware of its extent. It's too bad that the villains were given less and less screen time in the final stretch of the drama and they had no chance to contemplate this development before their plans imploded rather spectacularly - perhaps we might have seen Cheon Eum Ja and certainly Hwa Soo In's loyalty to Ki Chul challenged.

CY sees this and immediately pulls her hand down. ES orders a drink whilst CY looks continues to nervously check their surroundings. One of the men at the table starts to leave. Outside the Inn he pulls out a wanted poster with supposedly a portrait of CY and ES (The portrait looks nothing like CY or ES LOL J maybe only our favourite CY hairstyle!!!)

ES pours a drink for CY calling him “General, cheers”

ES drinks her alcohol as the man with the portrait re-enters the Inn and shares the information with his gang.

ES notices that CY did not drink and asks “You’re not going to drink?”

Again CY can’t refuse her and takes a sip. ES remarks that this is the first time they drank together. ES asks if CY does not like to drink.

CY replies: “Not particularly”

ES is shocked and asked why not?

CY cuts her off and says: Imja (I love it when he calls her Imja swoonnnnn) “When I say now, duck immediately”

ES demonstrates with her hands: “Duck” CY immediately says “Now” and ES follows his cue and ducks.

CY grabs a stool and starts to fight off the men trying to capture ES. A man lands on ES’s table and lifts him off. The mysterious men in black continue to sit still having their drink. After fighting off the men CY approaches ES who has head down asking if she’s okay. She is taken by surprise and turns around to see that it was CY. ES breaths a sign a relief and coughs as she picks up her drink and finished it. (LOL love her attitude her hahahaha)

CY turns around checks on the fallen men. He sees white paper sticking out of one of them. As he examines the paper ES walks over to see what he was looking at. ES asks if it was a portrait of them like wanted posters or something.

CY noted that the reward money for ES was very high.

ES asked: “Do I look like this? No way…” (Hahahahahaha too funny the way she said it – love her)

CY continues: “With a reward this high, our journey will be difficult, therefore…”

ES not listening and concerned with getting chased grabbed the portraits from CY and asked again: “Does it resemble me?”

She then checks out CY’s portrait and compares his face to the portrait.

CY notices the suspicious looking men in black still sitting quietly drinking. He turns back and ES is still checking him out. She asks himself: “Is there a resemblance?” (I remembered some people found ES annoying in this scene like she is oblivious to the danger around her. I actually think that she is trying to lighten the burden on CY in a stressful and dangerous situation. The way she is handling it without freaking out is very brave and considerate of CY. She doesn’t want to worry him anymore if she acted scared and nervous. I think ES is very brave. Kudos to her)