Guest WutHmone

OH NO NO!!! Wait! Time out @everyone

Let me say goodbye to urri Clean and Straight Headband Young properly.PLeeease!!! [-O< [-O<

Chingu @sia3 : Where are you????

Guest Gukja1430292028

myphim said: dr25 said:

SCENE CUTS to CY looking at his headband with a sad and lingering expression (NOOOOOO let’s pause here for a moment of silence to mourn the death of the clean and straight hair with the headband...)

He quickly puts it away when Suribang Ajumma comes out with ES and Daeman. CY quickly calls Daeman over and whispers something into his ears. Meanwhile Son Yu’s henchman watches all this.

n another part of the palace,  DH is talking to the Yuan envoy.  He wants to know if the king has agreed to all his conditions.

The Yuan envoy says yes he has.  DH can't seem to believe this.

The envoy asks him, did you send my coachman on an errand?  I heard that you sent a letter to the high doctor.

DH says yes.

So you sent her away because I asked the king to execute her?

DH laughs uncomfortably as he was found out.  He answers, she was once my betrothed so I could not bear to see her being executed.

Envoy asks:  Is that man who went with her Choi Young?  You did that to separate him from the king?

DH replies:  He is a useless person.

SCENE CUTS back to DH continuing his bashing of our CY (Bastard!!! We know you are just jealous and still angry about how your fiancé was claimed in front of everyone. You will never get ES rice soup!!!) DH expressed how easy it was for a king’s bodyguard and general of the royal troops to leave his duty and subordinates behind and that GM put trust and relied on such type of person. He wants to end this and commence their plans. Son Yu says that GM might start a war if he was pushed. DH dismisses the possibility by looking down on GM stating that GM does not have confidence, ability nor intelligence to do it.

Son Yu reminds DH that he is a bureaucrat, whose job is to carry out his duties with the minimal expense and highest gains. His task this time is to bring Goryeo to Yuan with the least of amount of sacrifices. He continues “If I need you, I myself, will call upon you” (In your face DH!!! Urghhhhh)

@awesomeduck ducky duck duck @LuvMinHo - I sort of covered the significance of Choi Young's final lines in the chat with Lady Choi in my previous post, so I'll let the others expand on it in their turn. ;)) As for his confession that he had nothing left to lose and nothing worth remembering from his past seven years in the palace, I think of it as the second of two very important admissions from Young in this scene that gave us further insight into his character and internal conflict. In the past seven years, he had experienced numerous changes of kings, as he had previously expressed to Gongmin. We can gather from his ambivalence to kings earlier on in the series that most of them had not placed any personal value on Young's life - he was only regarded as a useful and expendable tool that they exploited. Prince Gyungchang is an exception, but he was young, powerless and did not last long on the throne; even though he was probably the only one who loved Young enough to set him free, that royal command was later rescinded by Gongmin. In short, the last seven years to Young was simply endless servitude under kings who cared nothing for him and probably prioritized themselves over the good of Goryeo.

On a more personal level, we also know that Young had closed his heart after the death of MH and his master left him emotionally traumatized. The rest of the Jeogwoldae are either dead or have been sent away, so the only people remaining who had any in-depth knowledge of Young's true character was his aunt and perhaps the Suribang. Important to him as they might be, they cannot replace his close friends or lover as emotional support, so what else did Young have other than working in the palace - which, as expressed above, must have been more torturous than fulfilling? It's not surprising that he finds nothing worth remembering nor salvaging.

LuvMinHo said:

CY replies: “Until the next full moon, there are only 20 days left, but you want me to give all that up and just say our good byes here?” (yay why is he sooo swoon worthy…a man of few words but when he speaks he just ozzzesssss awesomeness LOVE)

LC responds: “Everything you have fought for up until now, could all be undone in those 20 days and if you leave like this you may never be able to return”

CY gives a smile and says to LC: “Aunt, during these past 7 years that I have lived in the palace, no matter how hard I think about it there is nothing worth remembering, there’s nothing left for me to lose”(philosophers @guardi @Hanjae @farstrep @kappy please feed us on what you think about CY’s conversations with LC and this particular line. Do you agree with CY? What does he really mean?)

Daejang did his job as protector of Goryeo kings according to the honor of a warrior and his promise to do so, but his heart was not in it.  He's slept for a good amount of the past 7 years, and he's fought like today might be his last day, but Eun Soo caused him to awaken from his slumber and care about tomorrow.  His days with Eun Soo at this point are numbered, so the remaining time with her carries much more weight than the past 7 years.   

In the Suribang's place, Choi Young is looking at his new haircut.  That beautiful ponytail is gone.

ES and Daeman together with ahjumma Manbo appear.  

ES and CY are leaving and ahjumma tells them to be careful.

Unbeknownst to them, the man with the black hat is watching.

@WutHmone
Don't you have something to share? Or you just need time out to cry over it? :))

I made this proper goodbye gif for the Clean, straight and headband daejang who lasted from E09 - E19.
The longest ever hairstyle \m/
Let's re-live our headband daejang one more time before we embrace the ... not-so-swoon-worthy-modern-hairstyle ;))
(I think shengvang will greatly disagree... :)) :)) )

i8dZr5p18a67R.gif

Guest WutHmone

Rest in peace,urri Clean and Straight Headband Young!! You will be dearly missed :(:(:(
Thank you for giving us all the swooning moments :x :x

This is how you came into our lives.

iR2OqgwLSqQCD.gif

There goes my Clean and Straight headband with Lucky grey outfit.Goodbye! :(:(

iJONzp0gbeV5j.gif

Guest farstrep

The manner in which Choi Young demonstrates his love for Eun Soo is so sweet. The constant declaration of his absolute trust in Eun Soo has another implication. That he is totally putting himself in her hands, giving her the upper hand in their relationship. I'm glad that Eun Soo's heart is in the right place and does not abuse his vulnerability and the trust he places in her.