[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

marie67 said:

I am doubting to watch this drama NOW or later after it is finished. I just dont want to focus all my time on this drama and become worried if they're related by blood or not and I hate sad endings especially when I have some exams to do xD.

So what do you guys recommend?

Like everyone else I love the chemistry between Jin Sung and Hee Sun... how they are always bickering at each other. I like Kim Bum's character. SHK & Bae Jong Ok work together before in TWTTLI which was SHK's last drama so it's good to see them reunite again. I think SHK should stick to these kind of melodramas. She's so good at expressing her emotions and when she cries you can see and feel her pain and even though she's just acting she can definitely express it in a way where she's not acting. Don't get me wrong I like her other roles but when I see other actresses cries they don't give me the same vibes as SHK but I guess everyone is different. I'm starting to hate the fiance, Secretary Wang, and Moo Chul already. Still waiting on ep 3 but I'm looking forward to the next episode and it seems like the storyline is picking up really fast.. I was hoping for a more slow paste kind of drama..

Guest sunshine4ever

@marie67, awesome, so have you decided to watch or wait for later? Just don't worry about the storyline and just enjoy it as it flows and then you won't feel like you have to wait for later...hehe..yeah..I know what you mean. I meant to only watch 15 mins of episode 1 and then save the rest for weekends, but I watched all 3 episodes on the same day. I have doubts that it will have sad ending and if it does, I hope the scriptwriter will justify it. :)

It's really the first kdrama that I straight fall in love deeply with the dramas couple from ep 1,5 .. More fast than when I watched FH couples.. .. The cemistry is really strong is like playing kite of romantis emotions .. Make us greening with so many reason.. So hope this TWTB more success than FH.. <:-P .. Song Hye Kyo :-bd

sunshine4ever said: @marie67, awesome, so have you decided to watch or wait for later? Just don't worry about the storyline and just enjoy it as it flows and then you won't feel like you have to wait for later...hehe..yeah..I know what you mean. I meant to only watch 15 mins of episode 1 and then save the rest for weekends, but I watched all 3 episodes on the same day. I have doubts that it will have sad ending and if it does, I hope the scriptwriter will justify it. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

class="headline"Will “That Winter, the Wind Blows” be Even Better than the Original?

i4372c.jpg

SBS TV’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “That Winter, the Wind Blows” is set to begin airing tonight (13th February), broadcasting the first two episodes in succession.

The drama, starring Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung is based on the 2002 Japanese drama “I Don’t Need Love”, which was adapted into the Korean film “Love Me Not” in 2006, starring Moon Geun Young and Kim Joo Hyuk. The drama revolves around the orphaned Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) tries to repay a large debt by approaching Oh Young (Song Hye Gyo), an orphaned, blind heiress. He convinces her he’s her long lost brother and the two begin their lives together, which slowly develops into a romance. As well as having the same premise as several successful previous works, Noh Hee Kyung is the main scriptwriter for the drama, well-respected for her other dramas including “Worlds Within”, “Lies” and “Her Beautiful Story”. So what will differentiate this drama from the original “I Don’t Need Love”?

# “I Don’t Need Love” was not a ratings success but commanded a large cult following

In actuality “I Don’t Need Love” wasn’t exactly a ratings hit in Japan, however it managed to amass a smaller following of rabid fans offsetting some of its ratings disappointment.

With Atsuko Watabe and Ryoko Hirosue in the lead roles, a similar storyline is encountered where Watabe’s character finds himself in an incredible amount of debt and conspires to cheat Hirosue’s character out of her fortune by lying that he is her brother. The actors became popular for their work in the drama, with Watabe displaying his charisma and Hirosue moving hearts with her portrayal of the blind heiress.

# The difference between “I Don’t Need Love” and “That Winter, the Wind Blows”

The original drama was set against a Summer backdrop, which highlighted and intensified the extreme emotions of the characters, rather letting them blur together. In this respect “That Winter, the Wind Blows” will be the complete opposite of the original, being set against an icy and wintry backdrop. In this way it will not only represent the lead characters’ miserable pass, but also contrast with the warmth of their romance.

Regarding the script, Noh Hee Kyung revealed, “Everyone has made themselves familiar with the original and we all asked ourselves, “In what way should any of the storyline be changed?” Although the season is different, it is the emotions and tone of the drama that are most important and even though the backdrop is wintry and cold, there will be a lot of warmth and strong emotions.

Tonight’s episode will mark Jo In Sung’s return to the small screen after being discharged from mandatory military service. It will also be competing in the same timeslot as the premiere of KBS 2TV’s much-hyped “IRIS 2” and MBC’s “Level 7 Civil Servant”.

By: Shin Young Eun

Copyright@KpopFighting.com 

Source

-----

class="headline"‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ off to a great start with rave reviews

112frqc.jpg

New SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ officially made its debut last night on February 13th, with the acting, visuals, and storyline combining perfectly and getting rave reviews from viewers.

Following the drama’s broadcast last night, the drama’s name and cast members all became hotly-searched terms on all major search engines in South Korea, and becoming a hot topic of discussions. Even the names of the director, screenwriter, and the original novel on which it was based also drew much attention from the public. Many viewers also enquired about the drama’s OST in the aftermath, and this continued even into the next day, showing the huge explosion of interest from viewers in the drama.

Many comments were left on major portal sites and SNS as viewers commented about the impressive acting from the cast, beautiful visuals, tightly-knitted storyline, and a touching OST, which all combined perfectly, and also showed the drama’s booming popularity.

In addition, after the drama’s debut, a website did an impromptu poll to poll viewers on which drama was the most entertaining from their debut episodes. ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ came out as the runaway winner with 74.7% over another highly-anticipated drama ‘IRIS 2’.

Some commented on the official website of ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, “Really looking forward to the next episode”, “I can finally see a proper love drama”, “It feels like an eternity since I saw a drama that is so precious like a diamond, really looking forward to it”.

After a double-header on opening day yesterday, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ will continue with the broadcast of episode 3 tonight on February 14th.

Copyright © KpopFighting.com

Source

Guest sunshine4ever

Guys, so ‘Winter Love’ by The One is the OST some of you have been asking about? It mentioned that some people were asking about it through phone on this news.

Ye Sung’s ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ OST track ‘Carbon Paper’ gains rapid popularity

2p4ea.jpg

New SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ officially made its debut last night on February 13th, with the acting, visuals, and storyline combining perfectly and getting rave reviews from viewers. Many also reserved praise for the drama’s OST.

Prior to broadcast, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ was already among the top-searched terms on various portal sites, and received much attention. From the cast members, and even the director and screenwriter, they all became hot topics of discussion, and of course the OST was also among those that were mentioned.

Viewers especially fell in love with the drama’s OST ‘Carbon Paper’ which was performed by Super Junior’s Ye Sung and was released on the afternoon of February 13th. Viewers said, “Ye Sung’s voice fits in perfectly with the mood of the drama”, “I have heard his previous drama OSTs and they were really good. But it feels like his new OST is the best of them all”, “After listening to this OST, I think of the drama immediately”, “The song name fits in perfectly with the vocals of Ye Sung, it’s really nice to listen to”. On February 14th, Ye Sung’s ‘Carbon Paper’ has already made it to the top 10 of various music charts.

The drama’s other OST, ‘Winter Love’ by The One has yet to be unveiled, but some viewers have already enquired about the release date through phone calls. Some netizens feel that the vocals of The One will definitely complement the drama very well, and find common ground with viewers. They also gave good reviews to the drama and it’s OST at the same time.

The first two episodes have already showed the charms of the drama’s storyline, and also seen the drama’s producers becoming hot topics of discussion. Episode 3 of ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ will greet viewers on February 14th at 9:55PM (KST).

Copyright © KpopFighting.com

Source

----------

-EDIT-

@utkim, I just went back to page 74 and I saw this which has a scene I want to see. It said that this capture comes from Music Video. Is there a music video somewhere that I did not know of? mv001109vertverthorz.jpg

Thanks so much if you could kindly link me to it. :)

Guest atimemachine

hergurlc said: I am soooo hoping Eunji releases an OST for his drama, she has a great voice, I love her duets with Seo In Guk and Huh Gak, SOOO good!
*fingerscrossed* for an Eunji song or duet!!  8->

Guest qtjena13

Hello everyone! Just want to share my impression on TWTWB :D.. From the start I knew this drama will be daebak! Having just watched Padam Padam recently, which I really love, I was impressed with the writer and with Kim Bum.. I reallyreally liked his acting there and his bromance with JWS.. I just hope that his bromance with JIS here will equal or even surpass it.. With our two leads, I think, even if the story and everything sucked, JIS and SHK can anchor this drama.. Being this project their comeback.. But, it turned out that we don't need to worry coz everything (from the writing, directing, cinematography, and acting)is just daebak! Daebak! Even when the drama hasn't started yet, I am already rooting for our two leads.. So much that I want them too in real life.. Kekeke.. I don't know if it's just my imagination or my fanaticism coming over me but the chemistry is just unexplainable.. Its so subtle but you can feel that there is something there.. the electricity is so powerful that we can so much feel it.. And i think its coming from InSungshi.. Kekeke.. Or because he was supposed to portray that.. =p With the other girl partnering with KB, cant say anything about her coz this would be the first time I'm seeing her, but I like her here and made me curious with Answer Me 1997 and will watch it soon.. I also want to commend sunshine4ever for being such a great host of this forum.. I didn't feel intimidated to post and share my thoughts..

Someone from TWTWB baidu posted about the "Representative Kim" that Oh Young mentioned about taking over her company- is it the same person that Oh Soo(JIS) has a grudge on? The President Kim whom Mandoo( JIS's sidekick) is working for. If that's the case , we can expect a harsh tussle of $$$ at the end of this. And if this storyline is verified , I dont think Oh Soo will even get a single penny out of PL Group within these 3 months frame. Seriously...this is getting funnier. *speculative mode*

Some of my thoughts because Wednesday can't come any sooner, haha:

I know OS is suppose to play the "fake brother" and I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same as I do, but I don't feel like its awkward or disturbing at all. The thought that he's suppose to play the fake brother but then falls in love with her later doesn't bother me. I don't feel that sibling touch I guess u can say, so when I'm watching them together and OS "pretending", it's not awkward to me. Its more loving to watch them together than just OY having her "brother" back. Also, I like that OY may or may not know that OS isn't her brother. 
If anyone watched the drama "BIG" (which I thought was just sadly terrible), now I thought that was super awkward, having the kid spirit stuck in her fiance's body till the end..ugh..so awwkwarddd...I know its not the same and maybe they were trying to make a statement or whatever to the story but the thought was there (teacher/student) and I didn't enjoy it (I was just wishing so badly to have the bodies switch back, but no)

I don't know, I really really love this drama and thanks to the wonderful and talented cast/crew and writers, I'm just glad I don't feel that.  :)