Guest farstrep

@Hanjae: I was playing with the pictures earlier, hence the constant change of avatar. Now I've finally settled on one. :P You need not get confused anymore.

@sia3: Ahh! Yuki Amami. Why infamous? I quite like her style of acting - very independent and strong. She has just completed the drama "Kekkon Shinai" with Kanno Miho and I think one of your faves, Tamaki Hiroshi. BOSS and Strawberry Night are great dramas but I prefer Strawberry Night the movie to the drama. SP is nice as well.

If you have time, you can try Kaseifu No Mita featuring Nanako Matsushima. It's a very odd and slow drama. People who like it like it very much but people who dislike it dislike it very much.

Aoi Yu doesn't act in dramas much these days. She focuses mainly on films eg. Hula Girls and Quiet Room ni Yokoso.

This is Kao, starring Yukie Nakama and Odagiri Joe. I love their pairing to bits but there isn't much romantic development between them. :(

Kao
1aa953b8ce6ccbd328fc9af1fc756c2a.gif

Kekkon Shinai
20120822_kekkon-shinai_001.jpg

SP
Japanese_Drama_SP_to_Have_Primetime_Spec

Kasei No Mita
kaseifu_no_mita.jpg

EDIT:
@sia3: I'm with the same view as @Gukja about Choi Young's smile at Eun Soo.

Guest Gukja1430292028

@sia3Oh so that cat you like is from Chi's Sweet Home. I'm sure he'll like the cat, because he did say that @jasy's picture was cute. :))Do you think he'll understand it though? Well, I'll let him try and see.Thank you for recommending it. 
And about the scene you asked..I thought he smiled at ES, because he didn't want her to worry since she silently mouthed 'why why'' from seeing him running and looking around for her. Plus, he was glad she's okay since he was worried and was in a panic mode while running back to look for her. That's just my thought. I'll leave the analysis to the PTs @Hanjae @farstrep @guadi @kappy =))

Homework part 1! Whatever the Imja couple @myphim and @sia3 demands, they get. =))

The Legacy of Moon Chi Hoo
We know little about Moon Chi Hoo, the man who lead the Jeogwoldae before Choi Young. What limited information we have on him was gleaned from Young's memories and his brief conversation with Ahn Jae, and as such our image of Moon Chi Hoo is perhaps romantized, viewed through the biased eyes of Choi Young.

Nevertheless, we can draw some preliminary conclusions on his character based on the facts that we have available. Through the animated and live action flashback sequences in Episode 4, we saw a number of events that include:

1. Moon Chi Hoo losing his arm in the process of saving a female Jeogwoldae warrior (presumably Mae Hee) when she fell during a retreat and was trapped by the enemy.

2. Moon Chi Hoo stepping between the king and Mae Hee as the former lunged at her with a sword as punishment for disobeying his orders to take off her clothes, thus taking the sword thrust through his stomach. He dies after ordering Young to continue serving the king loyally and keep the Jeogwoldae safe.

These flashbacks, though brief, paint the picture of a man whose bravery, love for his subordinates and unswerving loyalty to the king must have been an inspiration to those around him. The scene in the palace sleeping quarters also emphasized Moon Chi Hoo's stoic demeanor and quiet charisma. Even if we take into account that we are seeing these events from a biased point of view, it is no coincidence that these aspects became the trademark qualities of the world-weary and cynical Young that Eun Soo met many years later. One can surmise that Moon Chi Hoo's sense of honor and duty to the king, his demeanor and way of valuing the lives of others over his own were lessons that impacted Young even more strongly than any other skills his master taught him.

His Legacy
Young had stated himself that Moon Chi Hoo was like a second father to him after his own father passed away when he was sixteen and he chose the path of a warrior rather than a scholar. It was from these two fatherly figures that Young had learnt to prize honor, duty and loyalty above all. But what of Young's own personality? The flashbacks in Episode 4 presented us with a Young who was not only younger of age, but possessed the innocence and enthusiasm of youth. He looked upon the world with wonder and hope, which presented a stark contrast with the grim dignity that showed in Moon Chi Hoo's every movement. What had turned that Young into a weary warrior that so resembled his master?

This drastic change to his character is often attributed to the death of Mae Hee, but it was perhaps not quite as simple as that. It is far more likely that it was a combination of the traumatic series of events that saw Young robbed first of his fatherly figure, his girlfriend and the meaning of his existence as a warrior - and above all, it was Moon Chi Hoo's death (and the way he died) that had the greatest impact on Young.

To Young, his master was most likely whom he aspired to be: a brave warrior who dedicated his life to the service of his king and country. When Moon Chi Hoo died and died at the hands of an undeserving mockery of a king, not only was Young's innocence and hopes crushed, but he was left drifting in confusion. With his dying breath, his master ordered him to serve the crown loyally and protect the Jeogwoldae, but the part of Young that we saw reemerge during his conversations with Gongmin - opinionated, stubborn and not above challenging authority if the situation called for it - likely fought internally against the injustice. Young's drastically changed character can perhaps be seen as a coping strategy: to model himself after the image of his loyal and heroic master in order to carry out his final command, as well as to keep his master close to him by living as he would have done and walking the path he chose. When his master no longer appeared in his dreams and the guiding force in his life was truly gone, where else could Young turn but to live life the same way as his master did in an attempt to do what his master would have wished of him?

At that point, Moon Chi Hoo moved beyond what Young aspired to be, to represent what Young will eventually become. Young's meeting with Eun Soo reawakened the side of himself that he had locked away (the part of him that wanted to live like he was living rather than living to die) and brought him to his biggest crossroad - would he rediscover meaning in his life, or succumb to the burden of a warrior as his master did?

@Gukja
Oh right! I've saw cute Tyler's convo with his grandma. :))
What can I say?! Soooooooooo cute! *pinch face* :P

@myphim
I'm inviting you to more than drinking (tea) with me ;))

@farstrep
I've seen the Kaisefu no Mita!!! I loved it! Aren't they doing another one, movie or something? :)
Now that's something different and I really enjoy it although it was eerie ... LOL.
I have Kekkon Shinai downloaded, but I stopped half way coz I got addicted to... er... Faith and then ... er.... (you can fill in the blanks). This drama, I find, isn't as interesting as all her other previous works though. I think her dramas that I enjoyed stopped at Gold. Infamous meaning isn't she really famous in Japan? She's like one of the top queen of drama in Japan. I've lost interest in Tamaki Hiroshi... =)) but Yutaka Takenouchi is always special in my heart :D :D since I've watched him in With Love. I also love him in many other drama, most recent would be Nagareboshi. I placed high hope on Mouichido, kimi ni propose but it didn't turn out as good :(

sia3 said: @myphim
Yes I will because imja is just as beautiful and I am the heaven woman!
=)) =)) =))

And I smell like flowers!
=))

Hahahahahaha... I will seriously laugh at Young when he eventually finds out how Eun Soo looks like after she removes her make-up and her red hair faded into black! =)) =))

Hanjae said: Hello @sia3 and @Maja! :-h

@sia3 - Since you like your glomps, I'm extending the panda glomp that I sent to Young-ah to you!

Your enthusiasm for delurking Faithlings like Eun Soo did to Deok Man infected @myphim, @LuvMinHo, @bee_ipa and assorted others, and now I'm being delurked left and right. =)) And since you called, I shall produce homework... shortly. :D

@myphim - I aim high - one screencap later and I'm back to posting my way to 1,000. ;)) And what is this Goryeo scandal I hear? When did Faith turn into A Frozen Flower?

Every time I turn around, @farstrep looks different in her avatar and I have to scroll back up to look at the username. :))

@Hanjae
Wow! Nicely written...! You had it prepared and waiting for me to ask, huh?
And how nice you provided me a title this time :))
Into The Archive right now...

Although... I must point out *ahem*
Moon Chi Hoo stepping between the king and Mae Hee as the former lunged at her with a sword as punishment for disobeying his orders to take off her clothes, thus taking the sword thrust through his stomach. He dies after ordering Young to continue serving the king loyally and keep the Jeogwoldae safe.

You are going to make some Faithlings overly excited...! :))

@myphim
Duck Duck was busy with CNY and so is Ho Ho.

As for ES being sick, that's different though. Sick and looking "normal" without make-up is different :))
As for the red hair... hmmm... he can concentrate on her legs then ;))

Guest tvelove

@myphim, @farstrep, here is another one. How is it? Does it looks better than last one?inckzFrRPqmEd.png

:)>-  Hello @sia3, @Gukja, @Maja and lurker. Love you.

Guest Gukja1430292028

hi hi @bee_ipa :-hhow are you? come out and play with us. :D
Edit: hi hi @tvelove :-hHow are you feeling? Better we hope. :DWow...thank you for the beautiful photo. :x You're getting really good uri Dr. Love. :DNot sure if I told you already, but I love love all the ones you did that @farstrep put the quotes on. :x :xThank you for all the gorgeous photos. :-* Here's a hug for you. We love you too. :DibxHgHbgWT74dO.jpg
Edit 2: You're traveling again @tvelove? :(Well, please take good care. :)We'll miss you when you're not here. 424482_405993562822306_183000529_n.jpg

Guest farstrep

@sia3: I'm not so sure about a movie or sequel about Kasei No Mita but with a rating of 40% for the last episode, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to cash in on the popularity. :P

"Kekkon Shinai" isn't Yuki Amami's most interesting work but I've a soft spot for her co-star, Kanno Miho, whom I last saw in "Guilty", so I pushed myself to complete the entire series. LOL! I always thought infamous is equivalent to notorious. I didn't realize it can also be used for being very famous throughout Japan.

Ah! Yutaka Takenouchi! He's one of the rare few actors who defied his pretty boy image and took up roles contrary to it but I prefer him in the role of a police officer. Rondo!! :P I agree his recent works are nothing much to rave about. But I attribute it more to the writing and plot than his acting.

EDIT:
@tvelove: Hello! :-h Love the latest work!! :x :x I see you're getting more adventurous, like our Kim Hee Sun!

@ tvelove
>:D< :-*

Please do take good good care of yourself when you travel! Remember to... pinch pinch ;))

@ Hanjae
Do you think Young really live like Moon Chi Hoo? What I can gather from reading bits and pieces is that he was actually tempted with the idea of going to the heaven and staying in the heaven when he arrived. But as always, the idea was stopped short when he thought about his kids - the Wooldachi pups and his responsibility. I thought we knew he was tired of living... maybe I've only read part 1 of your post so I shouldn't ask this question yet. Hahahaha!

Guest tvelove

@farstrep,

Thank you but do you know that I made over 10pics and only one was that pic?. The rest looks weird and I can't believe I've made them  ;)) =)) :-*

Edit:

@sia3, @Gukja I don't like travel too much but nothing I can do right now. Because my mom wants to see LMH and she is in Hong Kong for vacation. So what I have to do is flying to HK and pick up my mom, bring back to the US before March 10 (hope so) to see our Deajang in LA :(( :(( :((

Too much work to do for me, right? Fly non-stop will take over 15hrs in airplane. And back with the same time. Am I super woman?   :(( :(( :((

@myphim, did you see my last pic, is it better the one I showed you earlier?

Hanjae said: Homework part 1! Whatever the Imja couple @myphim and @sia3 demands, they get. =))

The Legacy of Moon Chi Hoo

This drastic change to his character is often attributed to the death of Mae Hee, but it was perhaps not quite as simple as that. It is far more likely that it was a combination of the traumatic series of events that saw Young robbed first of his fatherly figure, his girlfriend and the meaning of his existence as a warrior - and above all, it was Moon Chi Hoo's death (and the way he died) that had the greatest impact on Young.

@farstrep
Well Yuki Amami isn't just famous in Japan, she is famous among the Taiwanese bloggers too. I've often read their blogs raving about her. :) Yes, Miho is another famous one but I can't choose which of her drama I really liked but I do enjoy her performance and drama in Magerarenai Onna. I didn't like Guilty as much :-S and I thought Tamaki Hiroshi did badly too. I much prefer his older drama choices. Did you watch Legal High? =)) That was one heck of a performance from I-forgot-that-guy's name. His lines are terribly long and quick!

Very unfortunate that Rondo is one drama I didn't watch and I couldn't find Chinese sub version online anymore :'( :'(
They have raw file but no sub :'( :'( 

tvelove said: @sia3, I don't like travel too much but nothing I can do right now. Because my mom wants to see LMH and she is in Hong Kong for vacation. So what I have to do is flying to HK and pick up my mom, bring back to the US before March 10 (hope so) to see our Deajang in LA :(( :(( :((

Too much work to do for me, right? Fly non-stop will take over 15hrs in airplane. And back with the same time. Am I super woman?   :(( :(( :((

Guest tvelove

sia3 said: @farstrep
Well Yuki Amami isn't just famous in Japan, she is famous among the Taiwanese bloggers too. I've often read their blogs raving about her. :) Yes, Miho is another famous one but I can't choose which of her drama I really liked but I do enjoy her performance and drama in Magerarenai Onna. I didn't like Guilty as much :-S and I thought Tamaki Hiroshi did badly too. I much prefer his older drama choices. Did you watch Legal High? =)) That was one heck of a performance from I-forgot-that-guy's name. His lines are terribly long and quick!

Very unfortunate that Rondo is one drama I didn't watch and I couldn't find Chinese sub version online anymore :'( :'(
They have raw file but no sub :'( :'( 

Guest farstrep

@tvelove: It's quite interesting that you place Choi Young between the leaf pads. It's like his two responsibilities, one towards Eun Soo and the other for the King, always run parallel to each other and never seem to meet. As the leaf pads line themselves into the horizon, the distance between them appears to grow smaller and smaller, suggesting that there is the possibility of Choi Young reconciling these two responsibilities and successfully protecting the two most important people in his life.