Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

ardently

said:

Thank you so much, KONA and POHHOOI, for the latest pictures and news about SIK.  It seems that he has gain weight and looks more chubby than his Bday Fan Meeting pictures.  He was so cute, boyish and yummy, then.  Now, he is so much a family man.  Does the wifey feed him a lot?

Speaking of these latest pictures, I noticed he was tight-lipped in most of the shots.  A sign of insecurity, I guess.  I think he has to lose some weight and go back to his Ho Tae body before doing another project.  He needs to gain his self-confidence again, by shedding some of those unecessary fats.Nevertheless, as his ardent fan,  I still love him in any way he looks.

Guest danasibro

1AZd3-173.gif?height=400&scale=max&width1AZd3-177.gif?height=400&scale=max&width1AZd3-176.gif?height=400&scale=max&width1AZd3-175.gif?height=400&scale=max&width
Dear Kona Beans thank you for your wonderful pictures and videos your informations and posts,
 HWG, ardently,metal,sig,h20g, alex,Gabi, Celia, Elisa, Dana, Violeta,cristi, erinys , signamja,thank you for your awersome posts. My hard is broken ...
1AZd3-179.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

I think this video I made have made can tell you all about what my feelings are about. ...
 http://youtu.be/ZybgGaObg1E
I love reading about SIK, seing pictures and videos, reading the wonderful poems made by ardent with him but at this moment this is all I can do!
1AZd3-174.gif?height=400&scale=max&width1AZd3-178.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

I always find it hard to post negative comment in Soompi, especially when it concerns SIK.  But being an outspoken and honest person, I want to share all my thoughts without any inhibition.  Actually, I expect some members to throw hatchets on me, for commenting about SIK's latest pictures.  The gain weight, the tight-lips and his wife feeding her a lot (lol) are constructive criticisms, which I hope everyone sees them as such.  As an avid fan, I'm worried about his looks, career and of course, health.  On the contrary, I'm glad to hear that at least, a few here agree with me about the weight gain.  Thanks for their understanding, and like what I've said before, I still love him no matter what.
I picked the body of Ho Tae as his ideal weight because I found him gorgeous, manly, but cute in that drama, (he also looked fit and masculine in both EOTS and CS).  The way he dressed as a gangster, his posture, the ease in his acting and gestures, added to his charisma. He fascinated me from the start to the finish.  
DANA, I'm flattered to hear that you enjoy reading my poems.  Thank you.

Well, I can't compliment his appearance on this occasion...

I can only say that SIK looks sleek in his choice of suit. 
The color of shirt and tie are well coordinated, and that he looks much better as he was walking on the video.

There is a statement in one of the blogs about SIK made me laugh :D :

"Song ll Kook, looks chubby, must have been busy with his triplets, no time for the gym. The next pic seems like he is tucking his stomach – lol"

Regardless, he's still my idol:  the first, one, and only... :x  

6307606187_a4ba7b110f_b.jpg

6307606927_a303d2c4a3_b.jpg

8440469102_3e2524a029_b.jpg

8439378185_d8bc8bcd76_b.jpg

6308127526_7b6d2e2fa3_b.jpg

8440469012_9c45654ef4_b.jpg

Thank you Kona for the latest video.  He does look like he gained weight, but the still pictures may be misleading.  He looked fit in the January restaurant photo, so I would find it hard to believe he would gain so much weight in 3 weeks.  And everyone's makeup was not complimentary, so I blame the photography.

Saying all that, though, I'm sure he has put on weight because the cold weather is limiting his beloved bike rides and training runs.  Staying close to the triplets and wife will do that too.  I just hope he will start working on a project soon !!!

Aung San Suu Kyi met Korean flow stars

31-Jan-2013

innolife.co.kr

The symbol of Myanmar’s democratic movement, Aung San Suu Kyi met Korean flow stars. Aung San Suu Kyi had a dinner with Korean stars including talent Ahn Jae-Wook, Lee Yeong-Ae, Song Il-Kook, Chae Jeong-An and Kim Hyo-Jin at Seoul Sogong-dong Westin Chosun Hotel on January 31.

This day’s meeting was carried secretly. Aung San Suu Kyi had interest in Korean flow, so she requested for the meeting. It is known that there were many talks about Korean flow and many other things in comfortable atmosphere.

SIK_31Jan2013_9.jpg

Korean flow is very big in Myanmar as it is in other East-South Asian countries. Especially, Ahn Jae-Wook and Lee Yeong-Ae are drawing massive popularity with drama ‘Star in My Heart’ and ‘Dae Jang Geum’.

Song Il-Kook is popular with ‘Joo Mong’, and he even visited Myanmar in 2010 as the honorary ambassador of ‘Korean Movie Festival’ held in Myanmar.

Lee Yeong-Ae has donated a large sum of money to build a school in Myanmar.

Aung San Suu Kyi, who led Myanmar’s democratic movement and she got 1991 Nobel Peace Prize. She was invited to opening ceremony of ‘2013 Pyeongchang Special Olympic’ and is currently in Korea.

Guest Sahyang

I love your last feedback, Kona! Thanks for reminding us of his look in AMCG! Fully agree: we love him however, whenever, wherever, for ever!

Best wishes dear SIKers!

Guest Sahyang

I very much like his involvement in human rights and humanitarian aid issues; this is the world his living in; a nice link to his historical dramas! which are the best! They are all masterpieces and I believe his performances are of the greatest. Not only he has the perfect acting skills, he's handsome and intelligent but he's bringing an unbelievable sense of true history. Should producers aim to create new and good historical dramas they will have to get involved Mr SIK! Otherwise they will fail on all lines! I strongly believe he will be the embodiment of other historical heros...Let's keep fingers cross! fighting!

PS: this doesn't mean I am not hugely grateful and happy he played so many other characters!

Greetings to you all!

I'm still wondering why SIK has no new movie project yet until now.  Is he still busy or there's no offer coming?  I don't want to think he's no longer interested in doing one anymore and just prefer to stay home with his family.  
When I was in the Philippines, my daughter made me watch the drama, Into the Fire, wherein TOP was one of the cast.  It was a nice movie about the war between North and South Korea.  She told me that SIK should do a movie like that 'cause she thought that he would fit in the character of a soldier.  He could try auditioning for the role, like what TOP did and other celebrities who wanted to be in a drama.  But as a Hallyu star, I told her that SIK couldn't do that.  He had a talent agency and they should be the one to look  for a project for him.  
Speaking of his talent agency, why is there no news about anything up to now.  Are they or SIK's manager being picky or is it SIK himself who chooses his  project?  His movie career is slowing down and it needs a big booster before it totally chills.  Personal appearances are not enough to satiate the cravings of his fans and the viewing public. We don't want him to be just part of the movie history at this early.
Again, this is another hot topic and I expect violent reactions coming.  Lol!  But I think this is okay if only to stir the mind of some SIKERS and post comments.  ;)  

Hi, dear SIKers!
Dear Ardent, you just named a thought which all of us have: SIk's next project and his way to this next project (agency management, offers, weight, gym and so on), when he has a large family now and when he's melted seeing the three cute little babies growing.  Maybe the stress is responsible for his new weight. We should support him more. Anyway, he himself said he loves acting and he'll do his best for his fans, right? And you're right again, he should move better and take more than 1 miniseries / year.  Humanitarian actions, swimming to Dokdo, marching to Cheongsanri and so on, all these are very important and necessary, but he is better than that!  
Ho Tae weight: super-cool!

564313_352708364813371_1587944166_n.jpg 

Dear Kona, please, see your inbox!
Love you all, SIKers!

7282209572_0d6e0b4404_o.jpg

I'm so pleased to share with SIKers the Song Il-Kook's Road-for-Hope with English subtitles from KBS World.
With the understanding of the content in details, I now feel every penny we donated in SIK's name is worth the cause.

Please note the voice on video 1 is not 100% synced up with the image, and I'm still working to fix it.
I will post new link later.

Enjoy!

Dailymotion Links:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9jq8
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9jpp

KonaBeans said:

I'm so pleased to share with SIKers the Song Il-Kook's Road-for-Hope with English subtitles from KBS World.
With the understanding of the content in details, I now feel every penny we donated in SIK's name is worth the cause.

Please note the voice on video 1 is not 100% synced up with the image, and I'm still working to fix it.
I will post new link later.

Enjoy!

Guest hummer75

Hi Ladies......Well, I have to agree with Ardently100%. I just don't understand why SIK has not made any kind of Dramas yet. It's been over 2 years since he has done anything of value. I am afraid that he will lose some of his popularity if he doesn't do anything soon. As for me I am very upset that he hasn't done anything in awhile. I am glad that there are a lot of historical dramas available. So until SIK does do something I will be watching a lot of other historical dramas. Have a good day, Ladies.

Hello, dear SIKers!
Dear Mr. Hummer, glad to see you! You are right but you are not right in the same time. A historical drama is not necessarily a hit for SIK! Remember Gye Baek, with Lee Seo Jin, Oh Yun Soo (lady Yuhwa) and Song Ji Hyo (lady Yesoya), with very good actors and actresses, but not a hit - director and screenplay not very proper, personal opinion - SIK needs a good screenplay and a good director, but also needs to play (and we need him to play  :D  )
Dear Kona, thank you so much for postcard - an early & welcome Valentine! - and stamps! They are splendid!

480561_520238591349526_3287478_n.jpg

575481_520238528016199_2085248194_n.jpg

Thank you for Road for Hope movie; I love seeing SIK, but the subject is so sad and hard for so many people!
Big waves for all SIkers! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love you!

Hi SIKers!
For lack of anything else to say, I'll just share my thoughts about SIK's inactivity.  IMO, the Korean drama industry (like many entertainment businesses) is all about getting sponsors who then want to see high viewer ratings.  If viewer ratings don't make the program more popular than the competitors', then sponsors are not happy.  I think we all agree that good viewer ratings do not always mean they are good quality programs, but that's business. 
The viewer ratings of SIK's dramas have been OK to poor in Korea.  His strength is in Japan and outside Korea.  KOTW was only profitable because it did well in Japan.  
I believe many sponsors of K dramas have strong economic ties to Japan due to the nature of global business.  With SIK's popularity in Japan going underground, I suspect the sponsorship for his dramas is temporarily suspended.  There are so many other K pop and K drama stars who are more popular.
With time (I hope) and appreciation of his talent, sponsors will come forth again.  He did say that he did not receive any roles for a year when he first started, so I think he can be patient.
However, all this is speculation on my part.

I will take his words to heart when he said he wants to be an actor for the rest of his life, and, more importantly, an actor that we will be proud of.  I will try to be patient and trust his choices.

Hi, dear SIkers!
Remember the scene?

420103_246320535452155_1786876003_n.jpg

Dear Metal, SIk is not at the beginning of his carrier, to stay & wait for a role. And if Korean sponsors are afraid because of their Japanese ties... let's remember FF is now aired in Japan, after it was suspended last summer. SIK has a large fan base in Japan - and I don't know how to thank more to Japanese ladies for this! - and KBS's Road for Hope moderator presented him as "national pride" (this involve - I suppose - Jumong, Cheongsanri and Dokdo together), that's why I think this is only a passing period in his acting career. I remember Jang Soo pleading for his love in front of Eun Pah: such a great actor can't stay too long (at least I hope!) out of the cameras!

166995_246320982118777_1571200163_n.jpg

Love you all, SIkers!

Interesting piece of information I found in NATE news today:  Where's the secret place of celebrities:  Paradise.

Mr and Mrs Song Il-Kook spent their honeymoon 5 years ago in Tahiti.
Very very romantic !!!

'Paradise with pristine beauty like Tahiti (Tahiti)'. Away approximately 240km NW from the island of Tahiti, particularly jinjura reputed 'Bora Bora (Bora Bora). Approximately 4,200 residents live in typical atoll island is only a total area of just 30 square kilometers, this small island St. Regis Bora Bora Tahitian '(St. Regis borabora) Starwood (Starwood worldwide, more than one thousand a series of high-end hotel) resort is famous as a movie actress Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Couples, actor Song Il honeymoon couple. There, especially in Bora Bora five on the balcony overlooking the theme accumulate whirlpool tub that you can enjoy the expression 'Over Water Villa Overwater Villa has Beyonce looking ◆ Southern France & Monaco

Source in Korean:  http://news.nate.com/view/20130204n39505

BTW, I'm glad we found out years later after the fact, otherwise, we'll be jealous to death >:P .