guadi said: @yuuni - okay the new game may require some thinking, but it's called "what is your favorite scene in Faith?" (I know so creative lol). You have to tell us why as well. 
I have one in mind and I'll start writing about that scene soon, just have to backtrack to find appropriate pictures for it. 
I know everyone here must have at least one favorite scene, but if you're stuck on how to express your thoughts (I don't think Faith chatterbox peeps have that problem with expressing their opinions lol), here are some useful tips:
1) Include pictures in you post. The visuals can help to draw something out from you. 2) Start by asking yourself with basic questions, what is in that scene, who's in that scene, where is it taking place in relations to the locations and episodes and story lines, and do you notice anything peculiar or interesting about that scene? And lastly, can you think of it in a meaningful or funny way? 3) Write your story as if you're telling me verbally but perhaps in a more eloquent or funny way. 
Okay, I'll start with mine soon. @yuuni - you can't bail out on me with this game >:)
Edit: @myphim - join us. It's not that hard. Your hair will remain flawless and voluminous, and yeah your brain cells will be multiplied with this game too ;))
Edit 2: Guys, I can stay here for another 40 mins, so better start writing soon. No, I'm not picking your brain :))

Yuuni said: Hi @everyone ~
@guadi : Your creavity never ceases; LOL What is your game about ?Edit : Yeah, I hope it's easy. LOL
@sia3 : You're becoming a Hugging Beast. ;))

ixPfbCdYjVKMB.jpeg

This is one of my favorite scene despite the fact that they are just standing there and not hugging and kissing like I've hoped. :D

I love this scene for the beautiful scenery. The tree is perfect, the blooming yellow mums are perfectly placed, and the sky is clear and not too bright.
Look at our lovers standing there like a perfect painting. :x
I also love how they can look out into the vast land behind them. It's like they are on top of the world.
They've finally conquered their fate and now they are unstoppable. :x :D

Is this what you want? I'm not sure, but I am playing it my way. ;))

guadi said: @shengvang and @azzurri - I love BOF too! If I have to rank LMH's characters, Gu Jun Pyo is #1 and Choi Young #2, Lee Yoon-sung #3, and I watched about six episodes of Personal Taste so I'm can't say I like his character there.

Since we're sharing LMH's obsession story here, I'll share mine :D It started in 2009 the last time I was so addicted to a drama. Anyway, the story was something like this, one January night in college, I was bored. So I went to the old mysoju.com and I saw this show called East of Eden. Watched a few too many episodes, felt head over heel for Kim Bum (such a cutie turns hottie :P ). I marathoned that show up to the then current episode. And while waiting, I randomly clicked on BOF link because it was the "most popular drama" of the week on mysoju. OMG!!!! The first episode was the start my deep love for LMH. I was so captivated by his onscreen charisma. I loved everything about Gu Jun Pyo, the hair, the clothes, the fur, the smirk, that dorky smile, his angst 8-> 8-> 8-> I loved GJP so much that I didn't notice any flaws in that drama at all until I did a retrospective look at my life choices and realized that was one schizophrenic show. Jan-di was beyond annoying. Her family was even more annoying. F3 were pretty but the writer didn't really create compelling story-lines for them. I never shipped the soulmate or the SoEulmate love lines. But anyway, for me Lee Min-ho made BOF and of course, he benefited so much from it as well. And the reason I love GJP more than CY is that Lee Min-ho made Jun-pyo come to life despite the writing of that show. When I watched Gu Jun Pyo I could see how Lee Min-ho made that character even if the writing material didn't make any sense. There were onscreen subtleties and nuances or anger that were appropriate and made me feel connected to the emotional portrayal of the moment. Whereas in Faith, the first few episodes I didn't think he did a convincing job portraying a stoic and worn out Daejang. He needed a bit more oomph to his character. I thought he was a bit lethargic. Ep 8 flipped the switch for me. Once his character started to interact with the rest of the cast a bit more, there was a nice synergy created. His character felt more lively onscreen and I could connect with that part better. And Choi Young the character really benefited a lot from the writing compared to the epic fail writing of BOF. I love this guy; a life long fan  :x :x :x 

guadi said: Does anyone want to play a Faith related game with me? It's really easy ( I think) :D 
@sia3 - yeah I think it was @briseis who coined that term "kissing beast" and whom I really miss her awesome side stories. So @briseis if you're still lurking here, where have you been? Come out :D
Btw where is @omiki? I haven't seen her around here lately. 
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic :) 

This is one of my favorite scenes  - 
From Episode 12

ibcyOpepq2RyTx.jpgiS8uYwiV7DsUp.pngipdlKl35k9eVY.pngifL2x2fRkv0cv.png
Dialogue from viki's translation:
Eun-soo walking through the court yard looking fabulous in her semi inappropriate for the time period dress takes a deep breath and says: This is really nice.*She sits and looks around while listening to bird singing. 
Meanwhile, Choi Young standing in the hallway of some mysterious house waiting for the chilsas(?) to arrive. Immediately afterward, he hears three people approaching and he kills them all. He counts silently: three
Moving to the next place and we hear the sound of rain outside. Young says: Let's end here. You're killing to make money anyway. When you die, isn't it the end. *He draws his sword and looks at the shiny blade while breathing heavily and says*: There is someone I know. To that person, the most important thing in the world is living. But...you guys and I don't know that. To us...living is not dying. That's all. But...that person is different. That person is really living. And at that...with all her might. *He raises his sword and kills another person* While looking exhausted he says: That's why I'm saying...when I look at that person, I think...'wait, what am I doing right now?'He then looks at the dead body and closes that person's eyes and silently counts "four"
While all this is happening, Eun-soo is waiting for Young at the Queen's court yard. She sits there and starts counting her pulse. She says: The feel of beads rolling. Feel of bamboo scratch? *looking a bit unsure* The pulse that sinks as you press, the pulse that gets stronger as you press? *she sighs and gazes at a distance waiting for Young*  
Choi Young (after killing the fourth guy) stands up and puts one of his bloody hands out to touch the pouring rain. The hand is now cleansed. He then kills another person; the fifth assassin. Meanwhile Eun-soo is practicing her knife skills outside the court yard as she waits for Young. 
Comments:
This scene speaks to me in a lot of ways. Visually, it is pretty to look at. The contrast between the clear sky at the royal court and the raining and dark clouds at that empty house. It's also one of the better edited scenes in Faith (though, they kind of mess up the count), I like that there is a sense of space in this scene (in a lot of scenes, the way the camera worked, I felt like all we could see onscreen was the people and nothing else). You can see the exterior beyond the focus on Eun-soo and Choi Young physical bodies. I also like the sound of birds singing and the crispiness of raindrops and blade drawing and sharpening. An eclectic mix of these noises somehow unified the entire scene for me. A bit of life, of sharpness that stimulate your emotional view and visual palette of that sequence. 
And then the symbols: If I recall correctly, this is the first time that Eun-soo actually takes time to look around and sees her surrounding. It's a mark of her accepting that this place has something beautiful laying beneath it. I like that she breathes in the air, and takes her pulse while waiting for him, as he is ending someone else's life. You know where I'm going with this, right? :P The juxtaposition between making a gesture of healing and of killing a person. What is so interesting about it, is a reverse contrast in these two scenes - In the scene of him killing those assassins, he talks about the meaning of truly living life to the fullest; he refers to her as a portrait of someone who is "living with all her might." And we can deduce that he is very tired of killing people mindlessly out of obligation and duty. While he talks about the meaning of life, Eun-soo on the other hand, presses her pulse and says this "The pulse that sinks as you press, the pulse that gets stronger as you press?" It's very poetic, isn't it? Life is not about breathing easily and comfortably. A hardship can add a bit of spice to one's existence. What doesn't break you, make you stronger, so to speak. In a way, she's slowly accepting her place in this time. And we see toward the end of that scene, she's accepting his way of living, by practicing sword fighting on her own, as if to say, in this world, this is how people live. Fight to protect your loved one. 
And lastly and also the reason I love this scene, the hand washing on his part. To use religious symbolism, he's baptizing himself. Washing away the dirt and blood of his old self. He's a renewed person. Though his process of transformation is not complete yet.
UpdatedOh Spoiler tag, why are you doing this to me??? X( X(

jerboa83 said: sia3 said: @WutHmone
Little kitty @jasy was here... :))
I think she got intoxicated again... =))

Woo Hoo!!! Yay!!! Our Choi Young wins!
Here's my FAVOURITE scene and the most beautiful daejang's scene gif! :x :x :x
The eyes... the apple ... the hair ... the gorgeus blue outfit
*swoooooon*
iKPs2T3KWH2ei.gif
please do not quote/repost gif

guadi said:
Testing to see if the spoiler work. Still writing on this scene :D @shengvang - the game is to pick your favorite scene in Faith and write about it, like what @myphim did. I'm working on my mind. Don't quote this post b/c I'm still working on this post :D You won't lose any brain cells, promise :P 

shengvang said: sia3 said: @shengvang

I don't deny I don't feel the same way as you and @azzurri when it comes to GJP. LOL. But I've nothing against his character or LMH though. It was just because the Korean ver. was the last version I saw. I basically went through MG the manga > TV: Meteor Garden > Meteor Rain > Meteor Garden 2 > Hana Yori Dango > Hana Yori Dango 2 > Hana Yori Dango Movie > BOF.

So, can you see why I can't love GJP as much? By the time I got to the Korean version, I was sick of the storyline actually & I was much older (teenage love does not appeal to me as much). I think after watching so many dramas (makjang) whereby the mother forbid their children to be together with a poor girl/boy. I just couldn't appreciate it as much as I could before so when I watched BOF, I actually enjoyed the change in storyline for Yoon Ji Ho and Jandi. I actually ship for them rather than the original OTP coz I wanted something different. It's not because of GJP and his character at all or the things he has done for Jandi. I just think in the modern world this day, if the son is really determined, he can survive out there with whoever he loves with or without the blessing of his b*tchy mother! X(

I think LMH's version is probably the closest to the manga character, correct me if I am wrong @azzurri. However, Jerry Yan's version, I like it too (back then anyway). He's got electrifying eyes, which is much different to LMH's. Heh.

I didn't like Matsumoto Jun's DMJ at all, but he's got the best-most-acceptable-to-me curly hair! =))
I think LMH looks best with straight hair... but I think after spending months in here with @azzurri, I've fallen in love with dorky LMH too. Muahahahahahaha! =))

As for City Hunter, I think I love everything about City Hunter. From the villains to the dorky guy in the Green House to the story and the actions (even the love story :P ). They were all good actors. Oh I will say I didn't like the kids! Hahahahahahaha =)) They didn't know how to act! That I think the Koreans need to improve in because I have seen so many Jap child actors who are impressive! The Kiss is good too... Ahhhh the kiss... I love that HQ gif pallycute shared. ;))

PT ~ aishhhh don't get me started on this one. X( All I can say is the novel is wayyyy better! X(
The Game Over Kiss is good BUT the novel's elevator kiss is even better. Drool meter will be broken if you know what I mean ;)) ;))

LMH ~ he is indeed a good looking actor with limitless potential. I wish him all the best in his career ^ ^
Humbleness - checked
Appreciation to fans - checked
Good Manners - checked
He's a good boy - checked
Rich - checked
Tall - checked
Pouty Lips - checked

=)) =))

myphim said: ixPfbCdYjVKMB.jpeg

This is one of my favorite scene despite the fact that they are just standing there and not hugging and kissing like I've hoped. :D

I love this scene for the beautiful scenery. The tree is perfect, the blooming yellow mums are perfectly placed, and the sky is clear and not too bright.
Look at our lovers standing there like a perfect painting. :x
I also love how they can look out into the vast land behind them. It's like they are on top of the world.
They've finally conquered their fate and now they are unstoppable. :x :D

Is this what you want? I'm not sure, but I am playing it my way. ;))

I discovered recently tthat one of my favourite scenes was the Penetration Scene.
I like the background music when CY shows ES the portal. It's like a good-bye melody with hints of longing which fits this moment perfectly. This scene is supposedly important because this is when the main characters seperate from each other, but the music doesn't add any dramatic tension; it's as if it was warning us that there is more to come here.I like the wind, the flying leaves and the colors the gate brings.

vlcsnap-2012-08-14-16h15m02s157.pngvlcsnap-2012-08-14-16h14m34s137.png
I like CY's smile and, soft and calm voice. His heart is appeased, because he can finally fulfll his promise.And when he faces her, look at her straight in the eyes and says in his serious and formal tone of his : "You went through though times because me.", and bows respectfully.Him bowing to her is just epic ! 
faith02-00449.jpgvlcsnap-2012-08-14-16h17m20s4.png This is my favourite moment, when JIS plus Wuudalchi come and stop ES in her track. My favourite ost makes its entrance . CY walks toward them without losing eye contact with ES. Then he turns at JIS. The tone of his voice has radically changed and  he yells crescendo :"I am sending her back in the name of a warrior of Goryeo, Choi Young.Who is the one ignoring my name ?!"He pulls his sword and defies :"Stop me if you can." (and omo omo omo, his glare, the blood growing in his eyes !! :x and the way he speaks ! I like everything ! 8->JIS : "Bla bla bla" ( %-( )CY (branding his sword at him) : Lies. I don't believe you.
(Okay, too lazy to describe when his face falters, etc but I just like everything here !)
faith02-00475.jpgvlcsnap-2012-08-14-16h18m51s149.png
And the cruel embrace from behind which is killing him at the same time and ES crying to let her go ! :x
ES's voice yelling : "Pshyco ! Murderer ! I'm going to kill you !", as well as when she stabs him, make me cringe a lot, but I like the scenery and the music in the background :
faith02-00531.jpg
Credit : Joonni; Dramabeans.
Edit : @ guadi, did you left already ?Sorry, I was swooning watching the scene over and over. :))

• LOL 1

ibwddwTe8qz59s.jpg

Why I love this scene?

1. He's so gorgeous when he smiles like that, and I also see a dimple. Don't catch me and let me swoon.
(Sorry for the shallow reason, but it's the truth.) :)) =))

This scene took place after Choi Young met with ES in that pavilion. He was especially cheerful that even the Manbo siblings noticed and wondered about it. Choi Young was so happy that he even teased Manbo ahjussi.

I really love this scene because we get to see a rare glimpse of the cheery side of Daejang.

I thought he lost this joyful and teasing side of himself when his master and fiance died, but apparently it was still there, just hidden deep inside.
It's really lovely to see that just by being close to ES, Daejang was able to recover a part of himself that we all thought was lost forever.

@guadi   Another brain cell just passed away. :))

Guest farstrep

@Yuuni: I still don't get how Eun Soo manages to pierce through Choi Young's armor with his sword. It takes more than a certain amount of strength to push it through that armor. This would suggest how aggravated and affected she must have been at that point in time.

sia3 said: @azzurri
Awwww.... love love love hugs! I really should be going to bed now! :P But I cannot resist chatting... aishhh tomorrow, I mean later the others going to complain I'm chatting too much. Sorry girls, it took me forever to BP and so I only get to chat now....and reply posts!

I did try to read LOTR when the movies have ended. My sister loved it, and I trusted her taste. But when I read it, am just not used to the old English and man, it took how many pages before Frodo got out of The Shire??? :)) :)) I'm not one patient enough with long winded author. So I stopped, for now. My friend told me I should read The Hobbit and she said it's not as difficult as LOTR so I might try. The thing is how to pick up any book or drama when I'm so addicted to Soupy all day long? :P

Ah ok, yes, I like the original Star Wars but only the original Star Wars. The newer ones did not ... just did not hit me in the right spot. I love the CG and all but it didn't get to me like the first 3 (last 3, how confusing) did. They are the forever classic for me. It's just not the same.

p.s. I love Back to the Future trilogy :D