Guest farstrep

sia3 said: Omo @azzurri, I think I didn't complete what I was typing LOL.
The modern day love had it easy coz we can visit our families. But what I meant was the oldern days whereby in Noguk's situation, she is never going to see her family ever again. Same for Eun Soo since she is separated from her family by time and space. For Noguk to say that, to leave her birth home behind and only have GM, that's a lot of sacrifice. More than what the modern days couple do...

Guest farstrep

As she lifts up her arm to comb her hair, he notices her bandaged left arm and grabs it, asking "What happened here?"
http://i.minus.com/iBqDcZe0k1kb4.gif
please do not quote/repost gif

She tries to evade but he just undoes the bandage to look at the wound. (so hot when he's angry as usual... gif gif.. hehe).

http://i.minus.com/iyIHTuxYQTduq.gif

The wound has gotten bigger, circular in shape and appears as if it is eating up her skin. He asks what this is, and she finds it difficult to answer. He looks at it closely, and recognises it. He says it resembles the wound resulting from poison used by the Japanese. (He spent a large part of his younger life fighting the Japanese, if I recall, so he should know it well.)
Her face is now blank, she does not know what to say or do. She did not want him to know about it. Is this the poison for which she is creating an antidote? He wants to know. She just nods her head reluctantly.
Who did this, he wants to know. Was it that bastard DH? Was it only after doing this to her that he let her go? He's shouting now. She is embarrassed to tell him that she contracted it unknowingly during a chaotic situation (or a momentary confusion, says viki and dramafever.)

Guest farstrep

He is so upset now. "Why did you not tell me?"

She tries to reason with him. The poison will not react immediately, and she's working on the antidote right now.
"Am I still so far away?" He asks. Ooh that line just kills me. "That it is not necessary to say such things... Am  I so distant as to effect that?" His voice grows quiet, and the sadness makes me want to cry. (gif!)

"You become so angry.." she starts to say weakly.He is shouting again, "Are you still ignorant of the reason I lose my temper?"

She looks up at him pleadingly, "If I had told you, you would have run to them and listened to whatever they said. Last time it was to steal the Royal Seal (she knows!). What would they have forced you to do this time?" She continues. "I know how many times you have had to lower your head to them for my sake. How many times you have allowed yourself to be captured."
There are tears in her eyes now, and he is looking at her so intently. SWOOONNN. "You are not someone who can be like that."
He drops her arm and looks into her eyes. "So, are you going to distance yourself from me then?" They both stare at each other for a brief moment, and then he turns to leave.

Guest Gukja1430292028

It makes me so sad that these two are going through this, because they love each other more than words can say. :(( :((Everything they do speaks from their hearts. :((
I wonder what he's really feeling inside when ES finally ask the million dollar question. Even though this scene breaks our hearts as much as theirs, I'm glad that we and Daejang know that ES truly loves him. This should erase any doubtsthat he has whether or not she loves him. Otherwise, with everything that she has gone through, why would she even want to stay. I hope it  comforts him in a small way that ES puts his life before her own.

ES calls out, wait!

He hugs him from behind.  Tells him not to turn around and just listen to her.

Should she not leave?  Can she stay?  She cannot?

ibddJmaGQ3CtLW.gif ilJ7Rv5FJ9vCU.gif

CY says how can you when you are being poisoned like this.  How can you ask that?

ioVK4drbLUUNy.gif ivr3BAKIl7c6E.gif

So ES continues:

Let me ask this differently.  My remaining days that I am here, I am going to love you everyday the way I want and as much as I want.  Will you able to forget all of it?  You must not absolutely waste your life and sleep yourself to ruin.  Can you promise me that?

CY must be perplexed with this request.  You want me to forget all of these?

ES tells him to promise her that he will forget everything.  ES hugs him tighter as she cries.  CY is pondering her request with a heavy heart.  Tears start to well in his eyes.

ibaR69RzSPIQme.gif i3O4P0y2YLmMl.gif

My comment:  When I was watching this live, I was always hoping for CY to make the first request to stay.  But because he was as selfless as ES, I was expecting too much from him. And from last episode, I think ES was already thinking of staying as they were having a conversation in a closet.  This time, she gives voice to her feelings.  And we will never   get to hear either of them say "I love you" to each other.  So this is as close as we are going to hear of a declaration of love from ES for CY.

I know that the back hug/pre-back hug scene is one of the sadder Imja couple moments, but I loved this because Young finally revealed to Eun Soo, in such a simple and heartbreaking manner, what he felt as she consistently kept her heart locked to him. "Is that why you're so far away?" - that one sentence says it all. From the audience's perspective, Eun Soo clearly loved Young and some of her most reckless schemes (from threatening Ki Chul by placing her knife at her own throat to marrying Deok Heung) was to keep him from harm. To Young, however, she may have cared about his safety, but her deepest thoughts, fears and feelings were never revealed to him. Her nightmares, the truth of her dealings with Deok Heung, the danger she's in - she keeps it from him because she doesn't want to hurt him, but from Young's perspective it makes her all the more unreachable.

Furthermore, we know from Eun Soo's drunken rant to Jang Bin that she had been consciously taking a step back every time she felt too deeply for Young, because she feared the pain and heartache that would ensue from loving him (or loving anyone in general). Young is perceptive and has obviously noted this subtle drawing away, too. Even when she was ill, she'd try to lighten a heavy moment with a joking comment - telling Young that he should not make getting angry with her a habit just in case she's not there anymore, for example. To Young, who had tried so hard to bridge the gap between them, it was more than he could bear that the real Eun Soo was still so distant from him, her heart closed to him. He could teach her how to ride, how to use a knife and even more, but she could no more transform into a Goryeo woman than he could learn how to use "heaven speak" and her thoughts remained thus hidden from him, despite his attempts to understand her. Just as he reached out a hand in Ep 15 to touch her messy hair but could only stop just short, no matter how hard Young ran to keep up, it seemed to him that Eun Soo was forever out of reach.

That's why I really appreciate the symbolism of Eun Soo being the one to run towards Young this time with her arms outstretched, demonstrating considerable contrast to their earlier interactions. Previously, she had always consciously or subconsciously turned her back on him, choosing instead to keep her distance; she ran from him despite his attempts to convince her that he's not a kidnapper and meant to keep her safe, she called him a murderer and rejected him, and she had even asked him to break his promise to her and preferred to run away rather than carry the risk of being the cause of his demise. Even the major developments in their relationship up until this point had not stopped Eun Soo from "turning her back" on a more subtle level; she continued to keep her distance by keeping her innermost thoughts from him.

It is Young's obvious hurt that eventually galvanizes Eun Soo into action. This major step for her character development may have come quite a bit later than Young's, but it's equally significant - the Eun Soo who was so afraid of being hurt emotionally that she not only ran from thoracic surgery to cosmetic surgery but also from love, made the conscious decision to love freely and face any risks head-on. This gutsy confession on Eun Soo's part also gives Young the confirmation that he had clearly been waiting for. It weighs heavily on him at this time and he is left unable to reply because she is in mortal danger from the poison, but he has also finally received the answer to his feelings and put to rest his growing insecurity that she had "no heart" for him.

farstrep said: sia3 said: Omo @azzurri, I think I didn't complete what I was typing LOL.
The modern day love had it easy coz we can visit our families. But what I meant was the oldern days whereby in Noguk's situation, she is never going to see her family ever again. Same for Eun Soo since she is separated from her family by time and space. For Noguk to say that, to leave her birth home behind and only have GM, that's a lot of sacrifice. More than what the modern days couple do...

My dear Faithlings, since it is early in the morning where I am, I will be posting the rest of my recaps ahead of everyone.

Next Scene 

The Suribang boys are trailing a carriage.  One of the boys approaches it while the other one stands guard.  As he opens  up the curtain to check, a hand reaches out and almost chokes him.  And arrow from the other boy saves him and they barely escape.

Back in his manor, GC is pacing back and forth, upset at his house arrest.  YS comes in to report that the Royal guards have his place surrounded.  GC is breaking stuff in the room as he is upset how things spiraled out of control.  HE calls HWS and EJ.  He want them to spring DH out of prison.  YS is worried because he is accused of treason and GC also for conspiracy.  GC is on a rampage.  His source of funds have been cut off.

EJ asks if it is just enough to bring DH here.  GC wants him alive so he can kill him himself.

Then he overturns a table.  GC has gone over the edge.

Choi Young goes down into the prisons to looking for DH.  One of the guards tells him that DH has been summoned by his majesty.

DH is meeting the king in his study.  He greets the king saying that in the king's absence, he did his best efforts, meager as they were.  Although his time was short.  Then he tries to approach the king, but CS stops him.

The king waves to CS that it is ok.

THe king says to DH:  I have heard about you since I was young, that you have the intelligence that is a rarity among their generation.  You are well travelled and speak different languages.  You are also well versed in the strategies of war.  Because you sound very impressive, I have one question to ask you.

DH says, if  I give you the right answer, will you give up the throne to me?

King says it is a possibility.  His question, is there anything more important to him than this country?

DH wants to know if he is asking about an object.  The king says it could also be a person, sine this country exists because of one person.

DH answers, yes there is your majesty.  It is myself.

THe king smiles.  What a fortunate answer.

DH wants to know if the king finds his answer satisfactory.

Very much so, says the king.  You just revealed to me by your answer that I would make a better king than you.  Then he tells him to leave.

DH is surprised.  Is the king releasing him?

THe king tells him to get away from here.  As he is about to leave, CY enters the room.  He asks the king if he can lay punishment on DH.

King says that he may not.

CY reports to the king that DH poisoned the high doctor again.

The kings asks DH, is it true?

DH denies it.

CY looks like he is about to strike DH but the king says I have my reasons for doing this.

DH bows to the king and leaves.

CY wants to know what the king's reason is.  The king says that Yuan envoy is now in Gaegyeong.  And he carries with him an imperial edict that serves to enthrone DH.  So any actions against him would be an incentive to go to war.

CY is silent.  The he tells the king he understands. And leaves.  The king seems sorry for his actions.  But as a monarch he has a responsibility to act in a more diplomatic manner.

Guest farstrep

She calls out to him asking him to wait. He stops right outside her door, and she hugs him from behind. (Ahhh Daejang is so hot here, feel free to be gif happy anytime ok?)
"Don't turn around. Just listen to me." Tears are glistening in her eyes. "Let me ask you one thing. I..." and her face crumples, "Should I not leave? Can I stay?"
He is startled at her question, and attempts to turn around but she would not let him. "Can I not?"

"You are being poisoned like this. How can you still say such a thing?" He asks.