Hug scene! :x

The major turning point in the public stop-that-marriage kiss and their honest heart-to-heart about Eun Soo's fear for Young's future safety had really brought their relationship to another level. It's rather revealing that Young's gone from being grudging about any skinship or hiding his affection for her behind his surliness to launching himself at Eun Soo with a hug, stating plainly that he had spent the day worried sick about her. Once again I suppose we should thank that dastardly Deok Heung for coming up with a scheme so low that Young and Eun Soo were forced to drop any pretense and move straight onto loving each other freely. Now if only all kdramas could cut past the will-they-won't-they with the OTPs lying to each other! :P

Also, I like the recurring image of Eun Soo waiting faithfully for his return, while Young constantly places himself on the frontline of military and political confrontations. The first instance was with Prince Gyungchang and she does the same later when she waited for him to break out of jail and flee with her to the portal. What is most noticeable to me is that her increasing love and faith in him is reflected in her reaction each time. When she waited with Gyungchang, she was in part motivated by fear for her own safety without his protection, despite her grudging trust in him. When she waited for him to break out of jail and meet her, her very vocal decision to wait for Young underlined her unshakeable faith in him, but it nevertheless belied her fear - not just for herself this time, but mainly for his safety. This time when she waited for Young to return, it was with complete faith that not only would he come back, but that he would be okay. It's interesting that these instances gradually feature situations that pose less immediate danger to Eun Soo, while Choi Young continues to march head-first into them. In effect, Eun Soo has become the symbol of a safe refuge for Young, which is something that Mae Hee could never offer him. To return to Eun Soo is to return home, and it offered Young yet another incentive to fight to stay alive.

What's even more lovely is that the image of a waiting Eun Soo is always coupled with Young turning back to look at her. It softens the blow of him turning his back and leaving her, transforming it instead into a promise to return and protect her, which is symbolized by Young turning back to look at her and smile. I believe it was the same idea when he turned back to look at her after their kiss - a sign of his love, a promise that he'll be okay and that he will return for her as he has always done.

Guest Gukja1430292028

Awh...he totally forgot about the King at this moment. He only has ES on his mind and in his heart. :ximage
Edit: She is like his voice of reasoning when he's drown in his own heart. :)

Guest tvelove

Love the way Deajang looks at his Imja >:D< >:D< >:D< . His love for her is so deep in his heart and expressed it through his eyes!

!ibzAaLCgOXXEZ1.jpg

Back in the palace, CY is telling his men to continue to be vigilant.  One of the Wudalchi comes and whispers something to him.  I think he is telling CY that the king has arrived safely.

CY starts walking away, then he breaks into a run.  (And we see the editing mistakes, such as the aluminum ladder and the electrical cords).  He runs towards the medical building.

iSkEVRW4CfhNX.gif ibb9GB74dllaDw.gif

He enters and he sees ES waiting.  He gathers her in big, and then holds her closer.

He asks:  Are you alright?  Why did that bastard release you?  Did you make another deal with him?  What did you do this time……..

iYYcylbUq4uoQ.gifidiWDXT0anhmo.gif

iiTgWGsPNh3bv.gif iGSVJcPea9fHp.gif

Guest farstrep

sia3 said: Actually, the real GM in history is one cunning king himself. From wikipedia, it was mentioned that when he found out the whole Goryeo hated the child King Chungjeong (he's supposed to be cruel in real life), he tried to buy the hearts of the Yuan's councilors and Yuan King. It is not mentioned in detail, but I think that is how he was made king. And even though GM in Faith plays the good guy, but you can see from his interactions with KC and CY as well as decisions made. I wouldn't call him completely inexperience in politics. He's just at times got lost and wallowed in his insecurities...