[INFO] 11th Annual Korean Music Festival '13 [TICKETS ON SALE JAN 26]

Guest YuffieK

Guest YuffieK

KMF / Korean Music Festival / Hollywood Bowl 2013

UPDATES: 1/24- Created this thread and added info!

start.png***11th ANNUAL KOREA TIMES MUSIC FESTIVAL***

WHEN: April 29th 2013, SAT 6PM
WHERE: Hollywood Bowl - 2301 North Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA 90078
WHO: No artists have been announced as of yet!
WHAT: A family-oriented concert put on by the Korea Times featuring top K-pop acts, first-class ballad singers, beloved Trot singers and more, straight from Korea!
TICKETS: Tickets on sale SATURDAY, JANUARY 26TH @ 10AM(PST)You can purchase tickets online (+ convenience charge of $2.50 per ticket) at http://www.koreanmusicfestival.com/, by Phone (+ convenience charge of $2.50 per ticket): 323-692-2055 | 323-692-2068 | 323-692-2070 | 323-692-2187, or in person (NO convenience charge at the Korea Times Ticket Office (located in the lobby) 4525 Wilshire BLVD, Los Angeles, CA 90010

PRICES:
Pool Circle - $300
Garden Boxes - $200Ramp Seats/Side Boxes - $175Terrace Boxes - $175Sections E, D and Super Seats - $120Remaining Sections/seats - $70, $50, $35, $30, $25*note* Prices have increased since last year! Keep that in mind when buying tickets :)
Seating chart:2mnj5td.jpg

Detailed seating chart that shows Pool Circle, Garden and Terrace Boxes:
hb2010_pool_garden_terrace_02.jpg

LINKS:
Korea Times website: http://www.koreatimes.com/
Korea Times twitter: @koreatimes
KMF official site: http://www.koreanmusicfestival.com/
KMF official facebook: http://www.facebook.com/koreatimesmusicfestival
Official facebook event page for KMF: http://www.facebook.com/events/115417635235771/
KMF official youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/koreanmusicfestival
Hollywood Bowl official site: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/

Last year's KMF thread (2012)2011 KMF Thread
2010 KMF Thread
2009 KMF Thread
2008 KMF Thread
2006 KMF Thread

And here is a helpful guide to the concert! It goes into detail about buying tickets, seat arrangements, artist announcements, transportation to and from the Bowl, the sponsor hotel, and more!!
KMF Guide Part 1
KMF Guide Part 2

So who's going~? Who do you guys want to perform this year? Did you go last year? 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Leni1430265175

I'm so excited for this year! I'm really hoping that Infinite comes~ and hopefully more idols in general. not that i didn't enjoy last year's G.O.D performance =) it was pretty epic. 
I'm also kind of nervous to buy tickets.. and since prices went up =( ..im a poor college student T_T if only i knew someone who lived in cali and could buy them for me~ gahhh.. anywho.. good luck everyone! the server .... will probably crash like usual =( .. lol 

Just got my pool circle ticket.  :)      Kept getting an "under construction" error page after entering all the credit card/address info.....but it finally went through successfully, after about a dozen tries.  So, keep trying !

okay lol. my friend and I both checked out at the same time..

SELLING

$250 each, or best offer, 4 tickets in Garden Box 272 (must buy 2 or 4).(2 tickets sold)

Prices include express shipping w/delivery confirmation and paypal fees to ppl in USA.

- I live in SF so if you're in or around SF, it would be preferred. I'll sell at original price for pick up tickets.

PM me

any word on sponsor hotel yet?

Edit:
nevermind. lol. I booked Sheraton LA Downtown. =)
Now I need to figure out how to get from LAX to hotel in the cheapest way possible...

I'm selling 4 tickets to the 2013 Korean "Times" KPOP Music Festival in Hollywood California koreanmusicfestival.com

I was trying to purchase these tickets over my phone on the first day of sales and I accidentally over purchased

too many and now with no return policy I'm having to sell.

Tickets will be sold individually or multiple at the face value of $120.00 each, plus $5 for delivery in San Diego.

Seats are in a prime section called the "SUPER SEATS H"

Concert Tickets will be available in March through the Korean Times.

Please contact seller for any questions on post payment and pick up info.

Thank You,

Joe

Blueeyedpop79@yahoo.com

DefinePerfection said: There's the Super Shuttle you can book. From what I can remember, it's $32 per person roundtrip. When you arrive at LAX, once you exit look for the Super Shuttle people. They'll ask you which hotel you'll be staying at and they'll take you there. When you're going to leave, (ask the driver for a business card for the number to call), call the number the day before to let them know when you'll like to be picked up. When the driver gets to your hotel, they usually call you if they don't see you outside. Otherwise you're usually options are either to rent a car if you are able to or get a taxi. I hope this helps.

Guest leoceanic7

This will be my 5th KMF this coming year. Coincidentally, I got the same exact box seats as I did in 2011. I'm looking forward to going as they are very decent seats. Hopefully this time around the people in the box in front of us won't hold their signs up constantly. If that happens, I'll politely tap on you reminding you to stop. ;)
As for the line up I'd love to see ZE:A, Infinite, DMNT, Block B, B1A4, Tasty, A-JAX, VIXX, 100%, B.A.P, After School or Orange Caramel, Nine Muses, EvoL & Ailee. Super duper long shot as their chances of ever coming are slim to none, but I'd also like for 2NE1, f(x) & EXO to come.
Let's hope someone awesome & likeable will come and the line up on paper is decent. The anticipation kills me! 

Cannot wait for April!  This is my 5th year as well.  ^_^  And my sister will be back from Japan then!  We got Pool Circle, but I hope the tickets work out properly.  I got SecA, Row 7, Seats 9/10, but Korea Times called me today to say that there was a computer issue and my order had gotten messed up.  She was working on fixing it, but now I'm nervous. 

For those of you worried about the line up, I have always enjoyed all the artists - young, old, and in between.  KMF has been my primary source for discovering new Korean music since I first got into it.  On the other hand, if you're thinking about attending only on the chance that you'll see Beast, Shinee, Big Bang, 2NE1 or something like that... you should probably save yourself the disappointment.  I'm not saying it's not possible... just that it's highly unlikely.  Yes, those groups have attended (I don't know about 2NE1, but everyone else has) but generally speaking they were rookies or at least still fairly new-ish when they did.  And I'm pretty sure it's been a while since SM or YG sent anyone.

Last year, almost all the artists were super friendly and sweet at the hotel.  I met a lot of awesome people and had a lot of fun. 

The super shuttle from LAX was a pretty stress-free way to get to the hotel and cheaper than a taxi.  Also, if you're staying at the Sheraton, there's a train/tram/light rail ~thing~ right across the street that drops you off a few blocks down from the venue that is much cheaper/easier than trying to figure out other ways to get there.  Driving/parking the day of the festival is awful.  Just an FYI for anyone who hasn't done it before.  Do yourself a favor and don't bother driving if you're staying in the Sheraton or it's nearby vicinity.

Normally I wish for 1TYM/Danny Im, but I got to meet him at KCon last year, so that's one life's wish fulfilled even if he didn't sing.  So I guess my wish list this year is Gummy, Lexy, Se7en, B.A.P., NU'EST, Miss A, A Pink, T-ara, VIXX, Lee Hyori, TRAX, CN Blue.... and 1TYM. I can't help myself.  ^_^  And obviously, I'd never say no to Beast or 4Minute.  : /  I know there are a lot of Shinee fans in the world (or on FB, at least) asking for Shinee, but honestly I'd probably sell my ticket if they came.  Of all the artists I've seen in 5 KMFs (and KCon/KPop Masters), they're the only ones I've ever walked away disliking more than I did going in.

anyways!  ^-^_/))  Looking forward to another awesome year!

Guest ladybijoux

There is like NO HYPE for this years show and there were/are so many pool and garden seats still available. Is this a bad sign already?

I think the price hike has a lot to do with it.  I know a lot of people who decided they weren't going to buy tickets this year until they saw the aritsts.

Also, a lot of the scalpers who buy out those tickets early on and sell them here and on FB for stupidly jacked up prices got bit in the butt last year when they couldn't sell them all, so I think some of those people backed off too.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I mean the servers still crashed at first on the sale site, but things seemed to smooth out easier than last year and there are definitely more tickets still left at this point.

I think releasing the sale date and new pricing very last second may have thrown people off as well. For me I was already expecting that weekend to be it, but I still saw the posting only after a friend pointed it out.

Maybe they'll be able to get the setlist going a lil earlier this year and people can have a lil more time to decide. Last year was pretty last second when the final list was the week of and I didn't even know who the MCs were till I opened my program at the concert.

Yeah, I expected the tickets to go on sale the last Saturday in January, so I wasn't caught by surprise. The ticket prices were a little ulcer-inducing, but I paid more at KPop Masters and honestly, the show wasn't as entertaining.  Which isn't to say it wasn't entertaining at all, because it absolutely was.  There's just a vibe at KMF that is more fun and welcoming than pretty much any other concert I've ever been to.  The atmosphere is just awesome.

I'm really, really hoping BAP and/or Nu'est will be there this year.  My sister has been in Japan for the last two years and she's been pouting at me via SKYPE because I got to see them at KCon (especially after I saw her #1 fave group, BEG, twice last year without her).  If neither group comes, I'll never hear the end of it.  ^^;;

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newismyname

regardless of the lineup, KMF is always a fun concert :c its really chill and laid back. It's less crazy probably because there are less kpop fans in the audience XDD I alwys enjoy going to KMF, already got my ticket bought from someone and now...just gotta wait to see who's coming! c: so exciteddddd its gonna be another year of awesomenessss

Archived