[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

@shaylaman, thank you so much. Yay! I'm so happy. Can't wait to watch the subbed clips tomorrow. Heading to sleep. -edit- Thank you for the sub for teaser 2, too. Now I don't have to wonder what both of them were saying. I love Insung's voice in the teaser 2!

@Agie, thank you. :)

Translated article from HK news

【on.cc 東方互動 專訊】 韓國女星宋慧喬重返公仔箱,相隔4年多再拍劇集,令她回歸韓國即增添壓力。為了接拍跟趙寅成合作的SBS新劇《那年冬天,風在吹》,宋慧喬未有為《一代宗師》配合宣傳,而該劇定下月13日首播,電視台已公開宣傳照及預告片。

Korean actress, Song Hye Kyo had made a comeback to film a drama since 4 years ago. This has put her into a major pressure situation. To film the upcoming SBS drama, "The Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows In Winter", she had not present in any conference events for her movie premiere, "The Grandmaster". This drama will start airing on Feb 13th. The broadcast station had officially released its promotional poster and its related trailers.

Guest sharealittle

@sunshine4ever Actually, it's been a long time since I watched a kdrama (I don't know why maybe because I like the old dramas more than the new ones...  :P) but hearing that Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo will team up with this project -->  :x :x :x *me getting out of my shell a little bit*
Also I was happy that I correctly guess that there should be a greenhouse in the drama (in the 2nd teaser). Can't imagine gardening in the winter. :D

eva23 said: @agie.. good to see you in this thread again.. indeed love your gifs..  waiting all your post for this drama like you used to be in padam padam thread..
;)) :)>-

@pangia i love the mv...good to know u r here n plz dun disappear like u did for IMY.... @utkim thank q for answering... n lastly, the sub too... tht gardenin, sea and cotton candy scene...squealllllsss... i figured tht this drama will haf lotsa skinship n at the same time, tears too....love the cinematography....cant wait for this....

thank you soo much for all the updates friends...u guys are the best :-)

english sites immediately covered the release of the second  teaser..here are few news on it...there are nothing but praises for the video visuals terming it has "breathtaking","beautiful","impressive" etc  :D

“That Winter, The Wind Blows” Reveals Second Video Teaser.

By KDramaStars Staff Writer | Jan 25, 2013 04:35 PM EST

image.png?w=600

Upcoming SBS drama “That Winter, The Wind Blows” reveals another teaser.

In the 40-second video video that was recently revealed, show the intense and dramatic love story between Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) and Oh Young (Song Hye Kyo).

The video also features supporting roles Kim Beom and Jung Eun Ji, whom will also provide a love story.

Besides the moving love story, the drama is gathering attention for its impressive and breathtaking cinematography.

“That Winter, The Wind Blows” is about Jo In Sung a gambler, who is cold and mean. He has given up on everything after the death of his first love. he is a con artist, and his next target will be Song Hye Gyo an unfortunate woman and the heiress of a big company, who looses her eyesight.

The drama will start airing on February 13th.

source:kdramastars.com

‘Wind Blows in Winter’ reveals teaser featuring leads Song Hye Kyo and Jo In Sung

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/20130117_songhyekyo_thatwinter-460x329.jpg

Actress Song Hye Kyo will be making her return to the small screen with new SBS drama ‘Wind Blows in Winter‘ alongside actor Jo In Sung, and gearing up for the premiere, a teaser has been released!

As mentioned previously, Song Hye Kyo will be playing the heiress of a large corporation who suffers from tunnel vision; she is unable to see anything in her periphery. On the outside, she’s beautiful and works hard – it appears that she has everything. In reality, she’s lonely and cold, having a hard time finding her way through life. She hides her vision disability from everyone else in order to avoid being treated differently. She then gets tangled up with Jo In Sung’s character, whom she falls in love with.

‘Wind Blows in Winter’ begins airing on February 13th and features other actors like Kim Bum, and A Pink‘s Eunji, among others.

source: http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/wind-blows-in-winter-reveals-teaser-featuring-leads-song-hye-kyo-and-jo-in-sung

here are few more articles:

http://koreanupdates.com/2013/01/25/that-winter-the-wind-blows-reveals-lovely-teaser-featuring-main-couple/

http://couchkimchi.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/that-winter-the-wind-blows-2nd-teaser/

http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/01/new-teaser-for-that-winter-wind-blows/

Guest sharealittle

Photo of Kim Bum from dramafever (more pics from there). It's from the photoshoot in one of the videos right?Kim Bum That Winter the Wind Blows 1
http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/01/new-kim-bum-photos-from-that-winter-the-wind-blows/

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, seems like the official site didn't have much yet so it looks small? I only saw couple of buttons to click on top. So this is drama's official's site?

http://baramibunda.sbs.co.kr/info/plan.jsp

Not too sure if this pic was posted before?

2603as0.jpg

credit: DramaFever

@sharealittle, thank you! That is soooooooooo AWESOME. yay. DF is going to sub That Winter, The Wind Blows. Gosh..I feel so lucky! I watched DF's subs of Missing You and I fell in love with their subs. I am so thrilled to see that they're gonna sub our drama.

For those who are interested in DramaFever here is the link. This is awesome. That means I can start linking the other post I made from 7th Level Civil Servant thread thread here now.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4216/That_Winter,_the_Wind_Blows/

Guest sunshine4ever

Websites to watch That Winter, The Wind Blows with English subs

DramaFever
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4216/That_Winter,_the_Wind_Blows/

I am so excited to find that DramaFever will be subbing this drama. I had a great experience with DramaFever's subs when I watched Missing You/I Miss You, so I highly recommend it if you can access DF. DramaFever gives you more detailed subs than any other sources in my opinions. I'm so glad that they will be translating this drama. Unfortunately only certain regions can view DramaFever's websites. Right now US and Canada can, but I think they are working to make their subs/videos available for other regions? Please check out the website for information and/or to see if you can view their website.Generally, DramaFever gives you free subs, but you have to watch ads/commercials at beginning and/or in between of the episode. If you do not want to see ads, you can pay a monthly fee which is $9.99 in U.S. dollars. Also DramaFever is available in apps for smartphones, tablets, Iphones, and Ipads. So you can download their apps and the pictures look super awesome. You can create an account for free from DF and can watch subs a little faster than guests.

Viki

http://www.viki.com/channels/10519-that-winter-the-wind-blows

If you are watching this drama with English subs, you can check out Viki and see if the pictures in the videos are showing up for you. If it is then more likely you can view it with English subs once the drama airs because Viki is also available through regions, so if you don't see any pictures to the video then you can't view the video and/or subs. Viki's apps are also available on smartphones/tablets/ipads/iphones.

Both Viki's & DramaFever's subs are available in certain regions only. For Viki, the regions vary and for DramaFever, right now they support US and Canada, but please check out their website to be certain as I know they're working on making it available for others. If you cannot view via both DramaFever and Viki,  then you can try to access Show Boom. Please read information below for Show Boom.

Show Boom
http://www.showboom.com

Through Show Boom you  can view/watch this drama live with English subs while it airs live besides downloading it with English subs (medium quality with subs from Viki). Show Boom is also a good option if you would like to watch other Chinese dramas. I learned from Five Fingers community's thread that you pay about $9.99 per month at showboom.com and then you can view it with English subs. It also has a lot of dramas from a variety of shows for you to watch. They also allow you to download medium quality pictures with certain dramas. Sorry, I just checked the website and it said it's not available for US. I don't know what's going on with it, but other people from Five Fingers thread had used it before for live streaming with English subs as well as other TV shows. So if you wanted to watch this live with English subs, you can try to check out www.showboom.com but it's not available for US region right now. I am not sure if you will have it where you live, so check out the website to find out.

If you are considering watching this drama live via Show Boom because it has subs live, please read everything below as I had asked permission from baduy and Cherkell on their opinions on Show Boom just in case you want a little review before you actually pay for the service to watch this drama live with English subs. Everything below was taken from pages 148 and 149 of Five Fingers thread with permission.

Baduy's opinions about Show Boom under spoiler tag.

Baduy said:
I haven't seen Showboom's live subs since they morphed from ionair, but personally I'd say they were only suitable for the desperately impatient. My guess is that struggling to make out what the (fragmentary and not well synched) subs are trying to say would seriously distract people from spotting things that are important and can be gained from the visuals alone. Of course, what they are trying to do is desperately difficult, since its in the league of simultaneous interpreting where the required skillset is concerned. And such skills take long training and practice as well as pre-supposing considerable aptitude.

There's also the fact that the way they deliver the subs relies on Flash technology. Which is why you can forget about Iphones or Ipads for  their live or VOD streams (though their MW downloads would play on IOS platforms, if only you didn't have to use their downloader to get them, which is, need I say it, also a Flash application). The streams work fine on Android devices but the developers haven't yet figured how to get the live subs to appear on Androids, Flash is also why the live subs sometimes stop, or refuse to start, altogether on Windows or on desktop Macs Macbooks.

However, there are other reasons for considering a showboom subscription. First off, they are allowed to stream live to countries where the broadcasters' own live streams are blocked, and to stream VOD versions of dramas for which neither Vicky nor DF have licenses for many countries.

Second, for people who can read Korean, on their VOD version of some recent dramas (though not on the live streams, and only on major dramas, not dailies) they offer what are labelled as "Korean subs", but which are actually captures of the real-time text captions for the hearing-impaired which, since Korea went all-digital in its transmissions, the three major terrestrial stations now broadcast routinely on a subcarrier (like the close caption transcriptions found on US and UK networks): that's why these "subs" contain things like "Sound of a phone ringing" or "Sound of someone knocking" or "Mumble of voices" (iwritten in Korean of course) along with the actual spoken dialogue. Of the three main networks, only SBS make those captions generally available to everyone on-line, but there's a snag with the official SBS source in that the captions they put on their website are riddled with missing words and phrases, and sometimes completely garbled, whereas the SBS captions on showboom are fine.  KBS and MBC don't currently make their captions available outside Korea in any form apart from, selectively and partially, on showboom.

Third, on the top grade subscription (double the cost of the streaming-only subscription) you get the ability to legally download MQ versions of the dramas, which are fine for viewing on a phone, a tab or a netbook.

In fact, if you know Korean (and webserver technology) well enough and poke around a bit (there are no menu links to get you to the backroom area concerned, so I don't know whether access is intentional) you may find your way into their underlying webhard, where there are not only the MQ downloads they publicly advertise, but also several other 720p, 420p and xVid rips of most currently airing dramas. But that part of the site is in 100% Korean and, as I say, I'm not sure whether it's actually meant to be accessible at all... I can't see the rights holders being too happy about that.

Cherkell's opinions on Show Boom under spoiler tag.

CherKell said:

Here's the costs on Showboom (all in US Dollars, since I'm in the States).  (LOL I just saw a typo)

x2whno.jpg

Personally, I didn't subscribe for the subs -- I was more interested on the video quality since I was tired of suffering through watching lousy streams going through Chinese portals (by way of Siberia through yards of fluffy cotton).  As @baduy states above, it's probably the best option on the Interwebs if Wiki or DeeEff is not available in your country of origin.  As always, your mileage may vary. :)

Guest sharealittle

The pictures for the TWTWB cast are already released on dramafever. Maybe someone can post them.  :D
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151272246396961.437563.60878026960&type=1

Guest sunshine4ever

According to khxy from Hye Kyo's thread:

next Thursday, January 31st, 2013, there will be a live broadcast of TWTWB Press Conference on the web at 2 pm
Korea time.

You can watch it in this website:
http://vod.sbs.co.kr/onair/onair_index.jsp?Channel=SBS

And here is a music video made from teasers 1 & 2:

ct4p2.jpg
^capture from music video...

Click here to view the music video. Credits to http://blog.naver.com/syo0116

Thanks to utkim for the original link to the MV. :)