[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

Guest temperateclimate

@mguemon It's always a pleasure to spread the word about enjoyable, well-made programs. :)

Oh, and about Ji Hyun being rather self-conscious and too aware of the cameras ... Well, she does state explicitly that her initial intent when she decided to participate in this program was to treat it as a short get-away vacation and to have fun hanging out with peers from the same age bracket. She most certainly did not expect to develop a strong affinity to Hyung Sik. Her level-headed and rational personality prevents her from expressing too much of her emotions/inner thoughts and she has the heavy responsibilities of being 4Minute's leader weighing on her shoulders as well. Therefore, I think it's right to surmise that she takes all these factors into consideration and that does have an impact on the way that she behaves and carries herself.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest little girl1430292144

cr to @Naraejoha via Twitter -> [News] JH&HS real romance in "Romantic&Idol"  http://loveindacube.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/stoo-com-jihyun-hyungsik-real-dating-mode-romantic-idol-gave-life-to-it/    ,,http://http://loveindacube.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/stoo-com-jihyun-hyungsik-real-dating-mode-romantic-idol-gave-life-to-it/http://loveindacube.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/stoo-com-jihyun-hyungsik-real-dating-mode-romantic-idol-gave-life-to-it/http://loveindacube.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/stoo-com-jihyun-hyungsik-real-dating-mode-romantic-idol-gave-life-to-it/         PDnim "there's Kakao group chat among the casts after filming.." .

# Idols' profile for season 2 -> 
http://theromantic.interest.me/Index/18/Board/View

How is the ending of TR&I season 1 ? is it good? I don't really like if the ending is like .......................... .I know the ending for season 1 is happy for us.But,I don't really like how the staffs edit and cut many parts 

[-X

# So,the ending,they just hugged each other ? cr to @idless

7f1d47detw1e0c0aiqcjfj.jpg

cr to @keitadj via twitter

710097937.jpg?key=5001148&Expires=135687

Thank you @littlegirl.
Poor Seung Ah she must have been really confused like all of us now lol, I want to know what JB said but I also was hoping that she wouldnt choose anyone, this is not to get back at JB or anything but more because he likes Jea and it seems like he choose her because he had to choose someone and Jea would have chosen Mir.

hmm,what's actually HyeJeong's final selection? someone said she talk about Mir before the 4guys come to her.Did the staff cut it because she actually choose Mir for final selection?

@littlegirl really? I would think that kind of twist would have been kept in maybe. I think the eng subs will make it clearer.

With the next idols Yewon seems so funny I dont even know what she was saying lol but she does seem like a fun person, I am not sure what to make of the other two as they seem pretty quiet but maybe after getting settled we will get to know them better.
All the guys seem sweet so far, I am already trying to guess who will be paired up lol.

Guest coffeebeanie

I may be in the minority here, but I'm glad Seung-Ah got paired with JB in the end.
Here are some translated snippets (from my recollection)

During the interview:-When JB was asked by the crew if he picked Seung-Ah because he felt sorry, he said that it wasn't about feeling sorry, but that after thinking about it, he felt that there was hope/possibility with Seung-Ah. The interview asked him: "What about your feelings that were hardened by cement?" (I don't know what cement they were talking about here. Did JB say something about it in previous episodes?)He said: "Its about to break.  I can break it, although I'm not absolutely sure.  I'm just relying on the possibility with Nuna (Seung-Ah) so I'm choosing her."
-When Seung-Ah was explaining why she picked Mir, she said "With Mir, we talked and it was comfortable.  With JB, I felt alone and pitiful.  Because he was so honest, I got hurt a lot"
During the scene when Seung-Ah was crying, their conversation went something like this:JB: Why are you crying, stop crying, you're making me feel sorry.Seung-Ah: I was thinking completely differently. I'm sorry, you made me misunderstand/doubt you, I really thought you hated me.
And then when they were hugging, Seung-Ah could be heard saying "Sorry" then JB saying "Don't misunderstand/doubt me."
Lastly, when Jun.K and Hyejeong found out that Seung-Ah and JB coupled, Hyejeong went up to JB and told him "What are you? You're a player!!" then went on to hug Seung-Ah. Haha. Looks like they really bonded during their stay there.
Seung-Ah's description of JB? A bad guy. Haha. I doubt they'll really see/contact each other outside of the show, but they were my favorite couple from the start. 
I hope the Season 2 idols are as entertaining and endearing as the Season 1 idols! 

Thank you @coffeebeanie for the transalation, but I am still confused about JB's decision the ''hope/possibility'' that he is talking about when did he come to this realization? Because even on the last date he didnt seem that happy. I would have liked if Seung Ah choose no one in the end but at least her and JB were able to leave the show on good terms.

@lentong thank you for the video.

@coffebeanie Thank you for the little translation you provided
As for Seung Ah and JB they do match well and this from the start but JB just got infatuated in the middle by Jei and wanted to fight for her. What puzzled me is that he didn't do anything else towards attaining that goal. As I said before, the only reason JB acted the way he did towards Seung Ah is b/c he knew her feelings and they must have been pretty strong for her to shed tears like that at the end. I hope to God he was sincere in what he said at the end, I still wished Seung Ah chose no one but she is one of the coolest girl I have ever seen in those shows and maybe didn't want to reject him as he did her. I wish her all the happiness in the World, she deserves it.
As for the others, everything was pretty straightforward, there was no surprise there. Love Hyungsik running towards Jihyun, they make such a lovely couple. I absolutely loved Hyejeong hitting JB and hugging Seung Ah at the end. I knew there was a reason why these Hyejeong and Seung Ah were my fave from the start.
The new season looks promising. Jonghun is still as fine as ever, the whole cast looks pretty as for now Yewon, the second girl presented looks to be pretty cool and funny. I know she said she likes someone form BTOB is he the one on the show???

Archived