Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@coolreborn thank you for your fantastic screencaps of BM, they are giving me the boost as I type furiously on the keyboard to finish my last assignment. But I must say the series on his butt is terribly distracting. My fingers are involuntarily moving from the keyboard to the monitor to trace the lines. Well, at least we know he wears briefs on Bridal Mask and boxers, if at all on 1N2D. Wait.....how did we come to this subject???

mrdimples said: @coolreborn thank you for your fantastic screencaps of BM, they are giving me the boost as I type furiously on the keyboard to finish my last assignment. But I must say the series on his butt is terribly distracting. My fingers are involuntarily moving from the keyboard to the monitor to trace the lines. Well, at least we know he wears briefs on Bridal Mask and boxers, if at all on 1N2D. Wait.....how did we come to this subject???

Guest jsubmarine

mrdimples said: S.O.S
As I write my final part on "Joo Won, loving him for the man that he is and the man he wants to be", I realised that I totally "fangirled" whatever I wrote about him. While I am fine with spazzing about his looks, I wonder if I have gone overboard with his personality and talent. My greatest problem is that I have no comparison. Before Joo Won, I am never been a dedicated fan of any actor.  I will watch his drama, admire him and complete it if it is good and that's about it. While watching the drama, I may read some news and interviews with the actor but I never delve so much into his personality, the way I do with Joo Won. So, I am taking a step back from idolising him and asking you especially those who have other "bias" or favourite actors and watched more dramas(I hereby confess Gaksital is the only drama I watched in entirety in 2012 besides Ojakgyo Brothers) for your objective opinion. I will also like to compare him vs other actors in the following areas:
1. Joo Won's personalityAlthough I do not know much of other actors, I think I can safely say most are nice people. So what is it about Joo Won that makes him so endearing and lovable? Or these traits are common? Just that I am isolated on "Joo Won's island"? 
2. Joo Won's acting talentI will be upfront about this, to me, Joo Won is the best actor in his age group. Before he came into picture, actors I admired for their acting ability are Song Joong Ki and Park Si Hoo, I know there are 'greater' actors out there like Won Bin, Gong Yoo, Jang Dong Gun and Hyun Bin just to name a few, whom I have watched in movies but I don't think Joo Won is at their level yet, he will be soon but not just yet. Back to kdramas....I know Kim Soo Hyun is highly popular but I just cannot get into his acting, maybe  Dream High and TMETS are the wrong shows to watch him in. I have watched almost all Lee Min Ho's dramas except Faith which I kind of force myself but gave up in the end. I read that the show wasn't great so I felt a bit justified in my opinion about it, but the horror started when I realised I was watching Lee Min Ho with a different pair of eyes now. Faith is certainly not his best drama but neither was Personal Taste which I completed faithfully and had no such problem. Could it be after watching Joo Won act, it has affected how I perceive other actors? Desperate to gain back some objectivity, I turned to Nice Guy. Surely Song Joong Ki will blast my socks off in his first role as an 'antagonist'? To date, I have read many comments on how great he was in Nice Guy, even critics of the show said he was great. But I just didn't get it. I tried but couldn't watch the show in entirety but I persisted to find the so called 'highlights' of the show where he'd sweep me off my feet. I am still searching. I was wowed by him in SKKS and I just can't understand why I don't get him in Nice Guy. Is it the Joo Won effect again? Okay, maybe Park Si Hoo will save the day. PSH is my most watched actor, more than Joo Won actually. I did not watch the highly acclaimed Princess Man because I do not like saeguks. The only saeguks I watched were SKKS and QIHM. Snippets of TMETS and Faith do not count. Now, I am watching Alice in Cheongdamdong, I love how looney PSH can be as Secretary Kim alias Jean Thierry Cha alias Cha Seong Jo. Being overly dramatic and campy are fine because its suppose to be a rom com but when he is in the serious mode, I realised that his acting is not so natural. There are quite a number of cliche expressions. I am blaming the camera for dragging the close up shot
I have written more than I intended to. Most opinions I have seen are mostly biased towards their sole favourite actor so I wonder if any one can make an objective comparison at all? This will unlikely affect how I write my final piece which I am surrendering to "total fangirling" but more to help me watch any one other than Joo Won and his dramas with a more balanced perspective. Am I even making any sense? 

coolreborn said: mrdimples said: @coolreborn thank you for your fantastic screencaps of BM, they are giving me the boost as I type furiously on the keyboard to finish my last assignment. But I must say the series on his butt is terribly distracting. My fingers are involuntarily moving from the keyboard to the monitor to trace the lines. Well, at least we know he wears briefs on Bridal Mask and boxers, if at all on 1N2D. Wait.....how did we come to this subject???

mrdimples said: coolreborn said: mrdimples said: @coolreborn thank you for your fantastic screencaps of BM, they are giving me the boost as I type furiously on the keyboard to finish my last assignment. But I must say the series on his butt is terribly distracting. My fingers are involuntarily moving from the keyboard to the monitor to trace the lines. Well, at least we know he wears briefs on Bridal Mask and boxers, if at all on 1N2D. Wait.....how did we come to this subject???

Guest rynhanna

aaahh @coolreborn... revisiting Bridal Mask brought me different mixed feeling. Love to watch the drama in stills but my heart could not bear the pain that comes with it. Well, I will enjoy the pics especially the back (and butt) collection. Thanks a lot.

@mrdimples

I'm having the same problem too. Sigh.

I keep digging his news everyday.

I like other actors too.. Like Hyun Bin, Uhmforce & Jang Hyuk. And I will watch their drama anytime.. But I dont give them the same amount of LOVE and attention like I did to Joo Won.

I think in the past, I have limited infos of my favourite actor/actresses because of limited English translations and stuff available in the web. I always check updates @ Dramabeans.. I swear before I met Joo Won, I never bother to checkout Soompi because I dont like how the articles were written.. it's too straighforward and 'childish' and too much fangirling.. Erkkkk...

Thanks to Softy @ Cadence for her dedication and LOVE for Joo Won, I gets more indepth view of my favourite actor. And now, here @ Joo Won's Soompi thread, I'm thankful to such dedicated fans like you and the others for throwing such a fantastic translations and comments

and aweaome screencaps (HD babeh.. HD!)

There will always be ups and downs in every actor's life/career ( and in ordinary people's life too). Keep the LOVE alive.

I hope he will stay longer in the industry and will be well respected for his work and humble personality..

I know myself is not a crazy fangirl but a true fan that will stay longer..

Psstt.. Can we put his series of article written by you at the first page :-) Can??!!

mydeed said:

@mrdimples

Psstt.. Can we put his series of article written by you at the first page Can??!!

@mydeed, I'm working on that dear. Don't worry.

@coolreborn when u r done with tat, Im going to blast @mrdimples masterpiece at my friends on FB :D. they hav been teasing me for fangirling whenever I try sharing my love for cutie by posting his interview vids and MVs X(

Joo Won : Loving Him For The Man He Is And The Man He Wants To Be

by mrdimples

A deeper understanding of a man named Joo Won. Through the perspective of a devoted fan.

Joo Won, the Good Son, the Good DongsaengJoo Won, the ActorJoo Won, the Hoobae, the "Dongsaeng", the OppaJoo Won, the Man in VarietyJoo Won, his Real and Reel LovesJoo Won, the Anatomy of a ManJoo Won, the Boy, the Man and His DreamsNote: This is for the front page's Fan's Corner.:D