Boyfriend "liking" girls pictures on facebook - do u get jealous?

oooroosay

i'm single now, but i used to get jealous when my ex would "like" pictures of other girls on his facebook....
most of the pictures he "liked" were of his friends in bikinis, in clubs (wearing sexy clothes) or like.... other kinda "sexy' pictures.... 
is there any double sided meaning to these "likes" on facebook? and is there a reason to get jealous?
when i "like" pictures, its only if i think its funny or cute (like a picture of a dog or something)... but i never have the balls to "like" a picture of someone im interested in or attracted to
but then again, men are from mars and women are from venus right?! :P 
what do u guys think?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kerriganton

There shouldn't be any reason to feel jealous because of Facebook "likes". A relationship shouldn't be that restrictive...

Guest aldehydes

Honestly, that's a really petty thing to get jealous about. All of the girls that my boyfriend went to high school with post pictures in only bikinis and clubbing attire (guess it's a common thing in Taiwan?), so there isn't much else for him to "like" on Facebook lol.

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Nah, being in a relationship doesn't permit your partner from finding other people attractive. My boyfriend even reblogs nude women on his tumblr all the time. I mean I do the same sooooo yeah. If my relationships were strict to the point I couldn't admit to other people being attractive I would just stick to friends with benefits.

Guest Kerriganton

aldehydes said: Honestly, that's a really petty thing to get jealous about. All of the girls that my boyfriend went to high school with post pictures in only bikinis and clubbing attire (guess it's a common thing in Taiwan?), so there isn't much else for him to "like" on Facebook lol.

Guest aldehydes

Kerriganton said: aldehydes said: Honestly, that's a really petty thing to get jealous about. All of the girls that my boyfriend went to high school with post pictures in only bikinis and clubbing attire (guess it's a common thing in Taiwan?), so there isn't much else for him to "like" on Facebook lol.

Guest dolcedor.

My boyfriend doesn't use Facebook much, but I don't think I'd get jealous if he "liked" other girls' photos. He's allowed to think other girls are attractive and hell, I wouldn't mind knowing who he thought was attractive. I've straight up asked him if he thought certain girls were pretty, and I sometimes even point out girls to him. However, he keeps insisting he doesn't find anyone more physically attractive than me, even though I try my damnedest to let him know that it doesn't bother me. I'm thinking that maybe for him, emotional attraction is a big component of physical attraction. Fair enough.

Going back on topic, if it's something that my bf did, I'd be more curious about why he felt the need to "like" girls' photos. Ie. broadcast the fact that he found them attractive. Personally, if I thought a photo was... aesthetically pleasing... I would just keep it to myself. And maybe share with a select few (including my bf).

Yup. Hope that answers your question.

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

I'd be bothered quite frankly. Maybe I get jealous easily, am insecure, or too conservative, but honestly, I don't see why out all the pictures to like, he'd choose ones with girls half naked in them, and not just any girls but girls that he knows and are tangible to him. Maybe I care more because we're long distance, but regardless, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone who does that. 

Guest aldehydes

ajlee613 said: a guy who is truly serious about the realtionship wouldn't do that, just like a girl who is truly serious wouldn't dress up to attract attention from other guys.
when i am really serious about a girl, other girls pretty much dont exist anymore. even if we are past the honey moon period of the relationship. and even if i found a girl atttractive, by pressing like on the picture, he is heading to the end of the slope. he tells him self it is acceptable to appriciate other girls' beauty, soon it will be ok to express it to other girls and soon he will be flirting cheating etc.

I love this whole "appreciating beauty" thing lolll.

I'd get jealous if he were only "liking" sexy pictures. My bf will "like" a girl's photo where she's obviously camwhoring, but nothing racy. It's a matter of respect. Anyone can "like" a flattering photo, but there's a limit.

Guest Kerriganton

oooroosay said: yea, theres a difference between liking a picture like this:
5192100-a-pretty-asian-woman-hugging-a-f
and like this;
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb-AgQ8QRbaTIeLzR1vUs
the FIRST picture... id be okay with. the second picture... not so much...
both girls are very pretty. but the second one.... i mean.... ('o___o) ....ya know....

Guest JaruJaru

I don't get why people get jealous over stuff like this. If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend they are with you for a reason right? Have some confidence in yourself. Also it's facebook, are you the type to get mad over stuff like your s/o having single as their fb status too? 

Guest Aimeeeeeeeeeee

girl. i got you~ haha.

I admit, i DO get kind of jealous when my man likes a chicas random photo on their fb.... especially of he does it more on theirs than on mine, however, i just confronted him with it and now hes alot more aware of my feelings about that. :)

Guest chindarella

No, I wouldn't get jealous. I'm not a jealous or insecure person when it comes to boys and I never really have been so I don't see why I'd feel uncomfortable with it. Chances are, I'd be checking her out too.

Guest angels.disguise

ajlee613 said:

aldehydes said: ajlee613 said: a guy who is truly serious about the realtionship wouldn't do that, just like a girl who is truly serious wouldn't dress up to attract attention from other guys.
when i am really serious about a girl, other girls pretty much dont exist anymore. even if we are past the honey moon period of the relationship. and even if i found a girl atttractive, by pressing like on the picture, he is heading to the end of the slope. he tells him self it is acceptable to appriciate other girls' beauty, soon it will be ok to express it to other girls and soon he will be flirting cheating etc.

Archived