Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Sorry gals for the repetitive news but I found some new info in this news article...

Kang Dong Won announces comeback through 'HIGH CUT' pictorial
Source: Korea Star Daily (Yahoo Philippines)
Actor Kang Dong Won recently filmed a fashion pictorial for 'HIGH CUT' magazine, and marked his official comeback following his discharge from the army last month. Director Lee Myung Sae who got to know Kang Dong Won through working on films 'Duetlist' and 'M', decided to work together once again for this pictorial, and perfectly brought out the unique charisma of Kang Dong Won which he had presented in his previous 10 works. Lee Myung Sae expressed, "This was his commemorative pictorial to mark his discharge from the army, so we decided to do a recollection of his recent works this past few years, and showcase Kang Dong Won in a manner that wasn't done before." In the accompanying interview, Kang Dong Won revealed stories that happened to him during his 2 years hiatus in the army and his future plans. Kang Dong Won revealed, "My hiatus felt like I had temporarily retreated from competing. The entertainment industry is really competitive just like the sports industry. I spent my 2 years of hiatus without any pressure or stress. Although it made me feel comfortable, I also had feelings of unease. As I was working in the public service, there were times when I felt that it was what I had to do but not my original work. I developed more and more desires as time went by, and I wanted to quickly finish my service and return to acting." Kang Dong Won said that the biggest change during his 2 years of service was that he had developed a skill of dish washing. He said, "When I was in the army, I had to wash laboratory beakers as one of my tasks. Sometimes there were so many of them, that I had to keep washing without breaks." As for his future plans, Kang Dong Won said, "My schedule for the next 2 years have already been arranged, and I have confirmed my participation for two productions, while I am in discussions over another, while scheduling is being arranged for another. If the opportunity arises, I will work hard at it as time is really precious." As for his decision to do a pictorial after his discharge, Kang Dong Won said, "I just want to quickly get to work without any conditions. I didn't want to greet viewers through a commercial after my 2 years hiatus. So I decided to return with a pictorial where I can show my true self, so I decided to enlist the help of director Lee Myung Sae and photographer Lee Jun Ho to help me." Kang Dong Won's pictorial will be published in issue 91 of 'HIGH CUT' which will be released on December 6th. Unreleased photos will be revealed from December 12th through the website of 'HIGH CUT' (www.highcut.co.kr). 'HIGH CUT' will also release an iPAD application on December 14th, offering readers vivid content that cannot be presented through traditional means. The digital version of 'HIGH CUT' featuring the pictorial of Kang Dong Won will go on sale from December 17th. 

I wouldn't be around for next few days/week, so just like to say hi to everybody....
@serendibite, @deepity, welcome... :)
@oceanluv, @mriz, @sirijihtpanich, like all you gals, I can't wait for the details of his confirmed projects!
@cornetto, I’m not good at explaining things but hope these few steps can give you a little help…
youtube_share.jpg(Youtube video site)1.  click the <SHARE> button.2.  copy the video link.
(Soompi forum)3.  paste the copied link directly into the “Leave a Post” box.4.  the video should show up once you click the <POST> button.
GOOD LUCK!!

Guest cornetto1430272735

@fizzykyle Aw! Thank you so much ^^ That was really helpful :D There was even a little diagram hehe~ Also, thank you so much for all the updates on him! It's making me very excited hehe! 

Guest jjsweeter0211

CELEBRITY NEWS
Kang Dong-won’s first post-army photo shoot

by girlfriday | December 5, 2012 |

KangDongWon7.jpg

He’s baaaa~aaaaa~ck! *Snoopy Dance* Kang Dong-won (Psychic, Secret Reunion) is back from army duty and High Cut was the first to get their hands on him for a photo shoot, complete with appropriate fanfare. I mean, is a video teaser announcing that a photo shoot is on its way really necessary? And yet… there I was, watching the teaser, waiting days till the pictures came out. Sigh.

The photo shoot is actually in conjunction with a CF, and is a collaboration with director Lee Myung-sae of M and The Duelist, both starring Kang. I don’t know why he’s on rollerskates, but it sure looks like a good time, crazy polka-dotted head-to-toe outfit with capelet notwithstanding. He sounds eager to get back to work, and has apparently filled the coming two years with projects already — two are finalized while the other two are working out scheduling issues. Damn, he’s not messing around.

I’m sure we’ll hear more casting news soon, and though in all likelihood he’s talking about four movies, wouldn’t it be nice if he took a detour to dramaland? Is there a chance that being away has made indiscriminately project-happy? Here’s to hoping.

In any case, it’s always nice when an actor has missed being onscreen as much as he’s been missed. Welcome back.

KangDongWon9.jpg

KangDongWon8.jpg

KangDongWon6.jpg

KangDongWon10.jpg

KangDongWon5.jpg

Via Osen

Another article abt kdw's first post-army photo shoot...

Kang Dong Won announces comeback through 'HIGH CUT' pictorialBy Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – Wed, Dec 5, 2012 9:08 AM MYT
my.entertainment.yahoo

Actor Kang Dong Won recently filmed a fashion pictorial for 'HIGH CUT' magazine, and marked his official comeback following his discharge from the army last month.

Director Lee Myung Sae who got to know Kang Dong Won through working on films 'Duetlist' and 'M', decided to work together once again for this pictorial, and perfectly brought out the unique charisma of Kang Dong Won which he had presented in his previous 10 works.

Lee Myung Sae expressed, "This was his commemorative pictorial to mark his discharge from the army, so we decided to do a recollection of his recent works this past few years, and showcase Kang Dong Won in a manner that wasn't done before."

In the accompanying interview, Kang Dong Won revealed stories that happened to him during his 2 years hiatus in the army and his future plans.

Kang Dong Won revealed, "My hiatus felt like I had temporarily retreated from competing. The entertainment industry is really competitive just like the sports industry. I spent my 2 years of hiatus without any pressure or stress. Although it made me feel comfortable, I also had feelings of unease. As I was working in the public service, there were times when I felt that it was what I had to do but not my original work. I developed more and more desires as time went by, and I wanted to quickly finish my service and return to acting."

Kang Dong Won said that the biggest change during his 2 years of service was that he had developed a skill of dish washing. He said, "When I was in the army, I had to wash laboratory beakers as one of my tasks. Sometimes there were so many of them, that I had to keep washing without breaks."

As for his future plans, Kang Dong Won said, "My schedule for the next 2 years have already been arranged, and I have confirmed my participation for two productions, while I am in discussions over another, while scheduling is being arranged for another. If the opportunity arises, I will work hard at it as time is really precious."

As for his decision to do a pictorial after his discharge, Kang Dong Won said, "I just want to quickly get to work without any conditions. I didn't want to greet viewers through a commercial after my 2 years hiatus. So I decided to return with a pictorial where I can show my true self, so I decided to enlist the help of director Lee Myung Sae and photographer Lee Jun Ho to help me."

Kang Dong Won's pictorial will be published in issue 91 of 'HIGH CUT' which will be released on December 6th. Unreleased photos will be revealed from December 12th through the website of 'HIGH CUT' (www.highcut.co.kr). 'HIGH CUT' will also release an iPAD application on December 14th, offering readers vivid content that cannot be presented through traditional means. The digital version of 'HIGH CUT' featuring the pictorial of Kang Dong Won will go on sale from December 17th.

-----------------------

full scanned pics from High Cut V.91 'G Special'

credit: prettyboy  (but I got the link from baidu)

001qjz.jpg

002iof.jpg

003lhi.jpg

004baf.jpg

005otv.jpg

006oss.jpg

007vw.jpg

008gg.jpg

009co.jpg

010nbd.jpg

011chu.jpg

012mhw.jpg

013foy.jpg

014ukb.jpg

015awr.jpg

016mxi.jpg

017ua.jpg

--------------------------------

Editted:

more pics...

credit: http://vish1212.blog.me/172740391

the cover

60011864.jpg

blogme20121207114552.jpgblogme20121207114605.jpg

Guest Sirijint PN

class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"oceanluv  Thank you for the news. Kang Dong Won.    ^:)^ :-*

Guest chacha22

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 1.8em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: -1px;"wow,,!! he is much more good looking now than before his enlistment,,, waiting for his new movies,, :),,

Guest cornetto1430272735

I want this issue of High Cut hehe~ Unreleased photos to be released on the 12th! Yay~ ^^ 
I've saved all the photos from the magazine on my phone! :D

can someone translate this interview?
credit: dcdongwon
kdw's interview from High cut 'g special'

The Original

돌아온 그에게 궁금한 몇 가지 것들

“하고 싶은 말을 하는 것도 용기가 필요하지만 참는 것도 힘이 드는 것 같아요.” 인터뷰 중간 강동원은 곰곰이 생각에 잠겼다. 그가 육군훈련소에 입소한 건

2010년 11월 18일. 다른 군 입대 스타들의 소식이 간간이 들려온 것에 비하면

그는 깜깜 무소식이었다. 마침내 11월 12일 공익 근무 소집해제. 지난 2년을 어떻게 보냈는지, 그 사이 어떤 것들이 달라졌는지, 앞으로 그는 뭘 하고 싶은지 궁금한 것 투성이다. 결과적으론 기자의 조급함이 너무 앞선 인터뷰였다. 그의 마음에서 뭐 하나라도 더 건지려다 물에 빠져 허우적댄 꼴이랄까. 결국 강동원은 인터뷰가 끝난 며칠 뒤 위궤양에 걸렸고, 뒤이어 2차 인터뷰 요청이 들어왔다.( 이 둘의 사이에 상관관계가 있다는 말은 아니다.) 이명세 감독의 작업실에서 그와 다시 마주 앉아 이야기를 나누다 알았다. 지금 우리 앞에 다시 나타난 서른두살의 강동원은 2년전의 그와 별반 다름없는, 지극히 당연한 얘기지만 ‘같은 사람’이라는 걸. 기자 권영한

소집해제 축하해요. 2년 동안 어떻게 지냈나요.

-인터뷰도 2년 만이네요. 공익 근무 열심히 했죠. 복귀할 날만 기다리면서.

이제 자유의 몸이네요. 그동안 하고 싶은게 많았죠?

-무조건 최대한 빨리 일을 하고 싶었어요. 이번 화보도 빨리 찍고 싶었고요. 연말이나 신년호로 나가면 좋지 않겠냐는 의견도 있었는데 전 최대한 빨리 나가길 바랐어요. 2년만의 컴백이잖아요. 나오자마자 광고로 모습을 드러내는 건 너무 싫었고, 그래서 제 자신을 보여줄 수 있는 화보를 선택한거죠.

화보 촬영하는걸 보니까 지금까지 영화에서 보여준 캐릭터를 복습하는 것 같았어요. 어떤 장면에선 <형사>때의 모습 같기도 하고 <늑대의 유혹>이나<M> <전우치>때의 모습도 떠올랐어요.

-결국은 다 저니까요. (이명세 감독, “이번 화보를 하자고 연락이 왔을 때 그런 얘기를 했지. 제대 기념이니까 그동안 연기해온 걸 정리하면서 한편으론 아직 보여주지 않은 부분들도 한번 만들어보자고.”) <형사>에서 그런 장면이 있었잖아요. 달밤의 골목길에서 하지원씨와 대결하기 직전에 어둠 속에서 스윽 하고 나타나는 느낌. “그런 이미지가 확장된 화보를 만들면 좋겠다.”고 이명세 감독님과 이전호 포토그래퍼께 말씀드렸죠. 물론 저는 거기까지밖에 생각이 안났고 나머지는 감독님께 알아서 만들어주시면 안 되겠냐고 부탁드린 거예요.

연기가 많이 고팠나 봐요. 안 쓰던 근육을 쓰니까 빡빡한 느낌이 들진 않던가요.

-근데 막상 들어가니까 별로 새로운 느낌은 없었고 그냥 하던 일하는 기분이었어요.

아마추어치고는 롤러스케이트를 잘 타던데요?

-진짜 아마추어죠. 어릴 때 가족들하고 롤러 타러 많이 다녔어요. 저 초등학교 때는 동네에 롤러장이 많았어요.

어제 첫 촬영 끝나고 집에 가서 완전 뻗어 잤다면서요.

-오랜만의 촬영이라 정신적으로 부담이 되긴 했었나 봐요.

촬영용 개인 옷을 트렁크로 두 짝이나 가져왔다면서요.

-가방 하나엔 신발이 들었어요. 한국이 신발 협찬이 잘 안 돼요. 예전에 일본 패션 대행사를 간 적이 있는데요. 거긴 정말 벽마다 브랜드별로 컬렉션이 처음부터 끝까지 착장이 다 있더라고요. 근데 한국은 샘플 구입을 별로 안 하는 것 같아요. 시장이 작아도 그 정도 투자는 해야 한다고 생각하는데, 한국에선 착장도 마음대로 못 바꾸는 경우가 많고요. 그나마 옷은 사이즈가 안 맞아도 피팅해서 잠깐만 입으면 되는데 신발은 신고 걸어야해서 그런지 협찬이 더 안되는 편이죠.

집에 드레스 룸은 어느 정도 규모예요?

-음....커요.(웃음) 다른 데는 돈 많이 안 쓰고 주로 의상에 쓰니까.

90년대 후반에 모델 할 때부터 사 모은 옷들이 고스란히 다 있겠네요?

-그땐 모델 수입으로는 옷을 살 수가 없었죠. 아무리 잘나가는 모델이라고 해봐야 대기업 직장인 정도의 수입이었고. 나머지 모델들은 한 달에 기껏해야 한 번 정도 일을 했으니까요. 참담했죠. 모델 업계. 요즘은 많이 나아졌다고 하지만.

배우로 활동한 뒤로는 패션쇼 런웨이에 한 번도 서지 않았죠. 모델 시절의 어려움을 아니까 그런 건가요.

-패션쇼에서는 옷과 모델이 주목을 받아야 한다고 생각해요. 그런데 자꾸 외적으로 주목받는게 싫어요. 제가 모델을 할 때도 그런 일들이 불편했어요. 피팅 룸에서 모델들 옷 갈아입고 있는데 막 카메라가 들어오고 그랬어요. 인터뷰한다고, 정말 기분이 나빴어요. 카메라를 뺏어서 집어던지고 싶은 심정이었죠. 연예인 때문에 정작 모델은 신경을 안 써요. 울컥 했죠. 그분들이야 시간도 없고 해야 하는 일이니까 그렇다 쳐도 디자이너들이나 해당 연예인들이 그러면 안 된다고 생각해요. 특히나 디자이너들은, 자기 모델을 소중하게 생각해야죠.

소집해제 후 첫 복귀작은?

제일 궁금한 건 '강동원의 향후 행보'예요.

-원래 소집해제 후 하기로 한 작품이 있었는데 그게 조금 늦춰졌어요.

대신 새로운게 하나 들어와서 얘기 중인데 아직 결정이 안 난 상태고요.

그게 윤종빈 감독의 <군도> 인가요?

-네, 일단 최대한 빨리 들어갈 수 있는 작품으로 <군도>를 검토하고 있어요.

현 상태에선 <군도> 출연이 유력한 거죠?

-모르겠어요. <군도> 촬영 일정이 예상보다 조금 늦춰지면서 제가 다음에 하려는

작품과 스케줄이 맞물릴 수도 있는 상황이 됐거든요. 그걸 해결해야죠.

그 다음 작품은 뭔데요.

-그건 비밀인데, 하기로는 했지만 도장을 찍기 전까진 모르는 거니까. 아무튼 다음 작품이랑 그 다음 작품은 굉장히 확고하게 잡힌 상태예요.

제목을 공개 못하면 힌트라도 주세요.

-전부 다 액션이 되지 않을까 싶어요. 물론 같은 액션이라도 캐릭터나 스토리는 전혀 다르고요.

당장 작품을 하고 싶다면 영화보다 드라마 쪽이 더 빠를 텐데요.

-드라마는 생각 없어요.

요즘 영화에서 드라마로 오는 배우들 많잖아요.

-전 안 돌아가고 싶어요.

드라마를 마지막으로 찍은 게 2004년이었죠. 트라우마 같은 게 남아 있나요?

-네. 사람들이 악몽을 말할 때, 수능을 다시 보거나 군대 다시 가는 꿈을 꾼다고 말하잖아요. 전 드라마 다시 찍는 게 그래요. 스트레스가 어마어마했어요. 못 견디겠더라고요.

밤샘 촬영에 쪽대본 같은 게 힘들었나요.

-가령, ‘지금 카페 장면 대본 쓴다’ 고 연락이 오면 카페 가서 기다려야 했어요. 그럼 대본이 반쯤 나와요. 한 번 읽고 대사 외우고 녹화하고. 어휴, 못하겠더라고요. 게다가 전 멜로는 별로 좋아하지 않는데 드라마는 멜로 없는 게 거의 없잖아요. 얼마 전 <골든타임>은 별로 없는 것 같긴 하던데. 아무튼 영화에 비해 방송 매체를 비하하자는 건 전혀 아니고요. 드라마도 물론 장점이 있죠. 누구나 쉽게 접근할 수 있고, 해외에서도 많이 보고. 반응도 즉각 오고. 그래도 전 준비도 못하고 시간에 쫓기니까 힘들어서 못하겠어요. (웃음)

데뷔 10년-영화10편-관객2500만

데뷔한 지 햇수로 10년, 영화 10편 찍었고 관객 수를 합해 보니까 2500만명이나 되더군요.

흔치 않은 기록이죠.

-저 말고도 그런 배우들이 꽤 있는 것 같던데.(웃음)

2003년 데뷔 이후 쉰 적이 거의 없었잖아요. <전우치> 촬영을 기다리던 때 정도를 제외하면 말이죠.

-전 쉴 때가 제일 힘들어요. 그냥 한 작품 끝내고 잠깐 쉬는거야 너무 좋죠. 근데 다음 작품을 기다리는 게 길어지면 너무 힘들어요. 갑자기 무직 같잖아요. 직업이 없는 것 같고 불안하고. 한창 <전우치> 촬영할 때 일인데요. 하루에 두 번씩 목숨 걸고 와이어 외줄에 매달려 있을때였어요. 어떤 평론가께서 그런 기사를 쓰셨어요. ‘CF만 찍는 배우’라고 해서 다른 여자 배우들 사이에 제 이름이 같이 나오더라고요. 전 그때 CF가 하나도 없을 때였거든요. 일 안 하고 노는 배우라고 하면 이해가 될 텐데 일 안 하고 광고만 찍는 배우라고 하니까 좀..... 왜 그런 생각을 하셨는지 의아하더라고요.

그렇게 생각하는 사람들이 있었다는 건 당시에 동원씨에게 알게 모르게 그런 이미지가 조금은 있었다는 거 아닐까요.

-그렇게 생각하는 분들이 있었을지도 모르죠. 아니 근데 심지어 그때 그런 말도 들었어요. ‘광고도 떨어지고 강동원 한물갔다’고. 한 2년간 ‘그 사람 맛 간 거 아니야? 라는 말을 듣고 있었는데 그 와중에 그런 기사가 나온거죠. <전우치> 찍으면서 생각했어요. '이 작품만 개봉해봐라'라고. 난 내가 할 일을 하고 있을 뿐이니까. 마찬가지로 2년간 쉬었다고 해서 사람들이 저를 잊을 거라고 걱정하지 않아요. 물론 잊을 수도 있죠. 그건 다시 환기시키면 된다고 생각해요.

예전 인터뷰를 보니까, 배우로서의 계획을 50대 이후까지 꽤 장기적으로 짜놨더군요.

-핵심은 그거였어요. 나이가 들어서도 연기를 하고 싶다는. 안 쉬고.

남자 배우들의 전성기 연련대가 점점 올라가는 것 같아요. 40대 중반을 넘어도 굳건히 영역을 유지하잖아요.

-어휴, 저도 오십 넘어서까지도 그럴 수 있었으면 좋겠네요.

지난 2년의 시간이 어쩌면 잠깐 한숨 돌리는 시간이 됐을 수도 있을 것 같은데요.

-처음엔 약간 그런 것도 있긴 했죠. 일에서, 무한 경쟁에서 잠깐 떠난 느낌이 있었어요. 연예계가 스포츠계랑 비슷해서 경쟁이 정말 치열한 바닥이거든요. 조금만 발 헛디디면 바로 낭떠러지로 떨어지는. 그러다가 갑자기 경쟁없이 2년을 산다고 생각하니까 마음이 좀 희한했어요. 편하기도 하고 약간 불안도 하고. 공익요원으로 일을 하다 보니까 제 일인데 어떻게 보면 제 본연의 일은 아닌 거잖아요. 그러다 보니 일에 대한 갈망이 깊어지는 거죠. 설거지를 하고 청소를 하고 쓰레기를 버리다가도 ‘아 빨리 이거 끝내고 나가서 연기하고 싶다’는 생각이 들더라고요.

강동원씨 같은 톱스타가 무한 경쟁에 놓여 있을 거라는 상상은 솔직히 잘 안돼요.

톱스타에겐 그래도 꾸준히 작품 제의가 들어오지 않나요?

-똑같아요. 한 작품 안 되고 두 작품 안되고 세 작품까지 안 되면 스리아웃 체인지예요. 타율 안 좋은데 누가 쓰겠어요. 마지노선이 세 작품인 것 같아요. 그 뒤엔 갑자기 뒤로 확 처지게되죠. 냉정한 세계예요.

병역 의무도 마쳤으니까 이제 본인의 의지와 상관없이 일을 못하게 될 일은 거의 없다고 봐야죠.

-그렇죠. 스리아웃 체인지 되는 것 말고는.(웃음) 그건 사실상 강제 은퇴당하는 거니까. 있을 수도 있는 일이죠. 그리고 사회적 물의를 일으키면 안 되겠죠. 그냥 놔두면 물의 일으키지 않고 살 자신은 있는데 ‘절대 그러면 안 된다’고 하니까 엄청 답답해요. 술 마실 때도 항상 긴장하게 되고, 오픈돼 있는 곳은 피하게 되고. 

그런 스트레스는 스타인 이상 평생 안고 살 수 밖에 없잖아요.

-부담이 되죠. 늘 무언가에 묶여 있는 것 같고.

스리아웃 체인지 말이 나와서 말인데, <전우치>가 흥행에 참패했다면 위기의 순간이 왔을 수도 있겠어요.

-흥행도 중요하죠. 근데 일을 계속 하려면 정말 중요한 건 사람들에게 제 한계를 보이면 안 된다는 거예요. 사람들이 봤을 때 ‘강동원이 이런 것도 할 줄 아는구나’라는 수준만 돼도 다음 작품은 할 수 있는 거죠. 근데 둘 다면 큰일나요. ‘흥행도 안 됐는데 연기는 또 왜 이렇게 못해’이러면 위험해지는 거죠.

지금까지 영화 열 편 하면서 그런 위기감이 든 적은 없나요.

-다행히 아직은 없다고 생각해요.(웃음) 매번 작품에 들어갈 때마다 목표를 한 두 개씩 정해요. 이번엔 카메라 앞에서 자유로워지자, 이번엔 딕션(diction, 어휘의 정확한 전달과 표현력)에 조금 더 신경을 쓰자. 완벽하진 않을지언정 조금이라도 발전하려고 노력해요.

딕션 얘기가 나와서 말인데, <그놈 목소리>에서 목소리 연기하면서 많이 좋아졌다고 들었는데, 2년 동안 연기를 쉬었으니 평소의 말 습관으로 돌아가진 않았나 모르겠네요.

-해봐야 알 것 같아요. (웃음) 어떤 분들은 제 딕션이 안 좋다고 하는데 어떤 분들은 많이 좋아졌다고 했어요. 당연히 딕션, 발성, 호흡 좋아져야죠. 계속 나아질 거라 생각해요.

그가 없는 동안 그에 대한 이야기들

올해 한국 영화들의 성적이 괜찮았어요. 뭐 뭐 봤나요.

-<범죄와의 전쟁>도 봤고, <도둑들> <부러진 화살>도 봤어요. <러브 픽션>이랑
 <돈의 맛> <바람과 함께 사라지다>도 봤고요.

<늑대소년>은 아직 안 봤어요?

-이 작품은 지금 극장에 걸려 있는 거 아닌가요? 전 극장은 거의 안 가거든요. 제가 움직이면 매니저도 같이 움직여야 하니까. 남자 둘이 가는 것도 별로고.(웃음)

그럼 올해 본 것 중 가장 인상적인 영화는 뭐였나요.

-윤종빈 감독님의 <범죄와의 전쟁>이 제일 인상 깊었죠. 많이 본 게 없어서 사실 뭐가 인상적이었다고 
말씀드리긴 좀 그렇지만. 아 참 맞다. <도둑들>도 재미있게 봤어요.

그래서 더 윤감독님의 <군도>에 관심이 가겠군요.

-그럼요. 이 인터뷰 기사가 나갈 때쯤이면 <군도> 촬영 일정이 결정돼 있을 수도 있는데. 아직은 어떻게 될지...

김조광수 감독의 <두번의 결혼식 한 번의 장례식>은 못 봤죠?

-네.

김조광수 감독님이 지난 6월에 앞으로 만들 동성애 영화에 캐스팅하고 싶은 배우로 강동원씨와 
조인성씨를 꼽았는데. 아세요?

-그 기사 봤어요. 작품만 괜찮다면야, 개인적으로 그쪽은 아니지만 아무튼 편견은 없어요.

그나저나 오늘 드라마 <전우치> 첫 방송 날이예요. 드라마에서 전우치 역할을 맡은 차태현씨가 “저보다는 영화<전우치>의 강동원이 더 매력적”이라고 말하기도 했는데.

-전 태현이 형이 훨씬 재미있게 할 거라 생각해요. 많이 친한 건 아니지만 예전에 몇 번 뵌 적도 있고. 열심히 응원하고 있어요. 드라마 <전우치>가 만들어진다는 얘기 들었을 때 누가 할까 무척 궁금했어요. 태현이 형이 한다는 얘기 듣고 ‘와 이거 대박인데, 겁나게 웃기겠다’고 생각했죠.

동원씨가 없는 동안에도 여전히 수많은 여자 연예인들이 자신의 이상형을 강동원씨로 꼽고 있죠.

-어..네. 그런 말씀을 한 분들이 진짜로 많은 건지는 모르겠지만, 있다는 건 알아요. (웃음) 기사 난 거 몇 번 봤어요. 기사는 저도 항상 체크하니까.

그럼 그 기사도 봤겠네요. 예전에 방송인 남창희씨가 한 예능 프로그램에 나와서 강동원씨랑 축구 게임을 했는데 5전5패로 졌다고 했던데. 동원씨 집에 갔다가 인사 한마디 않고 게임만 하고 나왔다고.

-옛날일이라 기억도 잘 안나요. 2003년, 2004년쯤? 그 뒤론 한번 뵌 적 없고요. 그때 상황이 이랬어요. 같이 온 분들이 많았는데 오신 분들 중에서 그분이 게임을 제일 잘한다고해서 대표로 저랑 붙은 거죠. 5전5패인지, 3전3패인지 아무튼 계속 지고 가긴 했던 거 같아요. 사실 저희 집이 아니고 소속사 사무실이었어요. 당시엔 제가 수입도 없고 해서 그냥 거기서 살 때였거든요. 아무튼 요즘은 게임 끊었어요. 흥미가 없어져서.

이번에 고향 창원에 프로야구단이 생겼던데, 동원씨는 원래 롯데 팬인데 선수는 두산의 김현수 선수를 좋아한다면서요.

-김현수 선수도 좋아하고, 지금 일본에서 뛰고 있는 이대호 선수도 좋아해요. 근데 사실 야구를 즐겨 보는 건 아니에요.(웃음)

그럼 응원하는 팀을 롯데에서 NC로 갈아탈 계획은 없나요?

-전 팀보다는 선수를 따라가는 편이라. 이승엽 선수도 많이 좋아했고요. 좋아하는 선수는 못할 때도 열심히 응원해요. 박주영 선수도 그랬고, 오히려 못할 때 더 마음이 짠하더라고요.

그럼 요즘 박지성 선수 보면 마음이 짠하겠네요.

-안 그래도 얼마 전에 사석에서 우연히 마주친 적이 있어요. “예전에 경기 보느라 잠을 못자서 힘들었다.”고 했더니 “요즘엔 푹 주무시겠어요.”라고 하더라고요. 그날 제가 다른 자리에서 술이 좀 되가지고 기억이 다는 안 나지만.(웃음) 그러고 나서 조금 있다가 QPR로 이적한다는 기사가 나오더라고요.

“2년간 공익 근무 하면서 제일 많이 변한 건...”

2년의 공백기 동안 뭘 했는지 궁금해요.

-자세히 얘기할 건 없어요. 진짜 열심히 일했어요. 나름 최선을 다했고. 같이 근무한 분들과는 인간적인 정도 많이 들었어요. 조촐하게 환송회도 하고.

남자는 군대 다녀오면 조금씩 변한다고 하잖아요.

-사람들이 전 하나도 안 변했대요. 갔다 오면 사회성도 생기고 융통성도 생길 거라는 말은 들었는데 전 오히려 더 독해졌어요. 예전에는 신경이 쓰이면 신경을 썼는데, 이제는 신경이 쓰여도 버릴 건 버리게 돼요. 더 냉정해진 느낌이죠.

여자 보는 눈이 바뀌기도 하던데.

-그런 건 전혀 없는 거 같아요. 현역이 아니니까 갇혀 있는게 아니었잖아요. 굳이 바뀐 걸 찾자면 설거지 실력이 조금 늘었다는 거? 하도 비커를 많이 닦아서, 공익 근무 때 제 역할 중 하나가 실험실 비커를 세척하는 거였거든요. 많을 때는 끝도 없이 닦았죠. 물론 언제 얼마나 닦을 것인가 하는 건 제가 알아서 결정할 수 있었어요. (웃음)

2년 동안 일에서 한발 물러나서 스스로를 객관화해서 볼 기회도 있었을 것 같은데요.

-연기자가 된 이후 처음 사회에 제대로 섞여본 거잖아요. 사람들이 절 생각하는 것과, 제가 생각하는 저 자신, 그리고 사람들이 저를 어떻게 생각할 거라 예상한 것 사이에 차이가 크더라고요. 저는 그냥 남과 똑같은 ‘사람’으로 봐줄 거라 생각했는데, 일대일로 있어도 사람 대 사람이 아니라 사람 대 연예인의 느낌. 제가 동물원 원숭이 같기도 하고.(웃음) 제가 어마어마한 자산을 가지고 있을 거라 생각하는 분들도 대다수였고요. 저보고 ‘재산이 몇 백억 되냐’ ‘집이 몇 평이냐’ 묻기도 하고. 물론 궁금하셨겠죠. 저는 돼지국밥, 밀면, 설렁탕, 이런 걸 좋아하는데 ‘얘는 한 끼에 몇 십 만원짜리 밥을 먹을 거야’라고 생각하는 분들도 있고.

어쩌면 당연한 반응 같아요. 스타는 신격화되는 대상이잖아요. 범접할 수 없는 아우라가 있죠.

-물론 이해되는 부분도 있지만. 아무튼 괴리감이 좀 있었어요. 신격화든 뭐든 잘 모르겠지만. 자동차를 만드는 사람은 자동차를 만들 뿐이지 사람은 사람이잖아요. 연구를 하는 분들도 연구를 할 뿐이지 사람은 사람이고요. 근데 연예인은 다르게 보더라고요.

그런 걸 깨고 싶나요.

-더 다가갈 수 있을지 물러날 수 있을지는 모르겠지만 일단 현실은 좀 더 알게 된 것 같아요.

공백기 동안 배우로서 걸어온 길을 돌아볼 시간도 있었겠죠.

-스스로를 돌아보기도 했어요. 반성도 하고요. 근데 그럴 시간이 많진 않았어요. 업무적으로 해야 할 일도 많았고 짬나는 대로 공부도 열심히 했어요. 영어 공부를 했는데, 제가 태어나서 해본 일 중에 손에 꼽을 정도로 어려운 일 같아요. (웃음)

지난 2년 동안 파파라치도 종종 찾아왔죠?

-몇 번 왔었어요. 기분이 안 좋았죠. 그게 참 웃긴 게 자기도 모르게 사진 찍히고 감시당하고 있으니까. 자고 일어났는데 인터넷에 제 사진이 떠 있으면 기분이 아주....

동원씨가 스타인 이상 이 역시 평생 떼어내기 힘들걸요.

-진짜 소름 돋아요. 무서워요. 언제 뭐가 찍힐지 모르니까.

“시간이 제일 아까워요.”

정리해보자면 유동적이긴 하지만 2014년 여름까지는 예정된 스케줄이 있는 거죠?

-향후 2년 스케줄이 잡혀 있는 셈이죠. 두 작품은 확고하고 다른 한 작품은 기획 중이고 또 다른 하나는 스케줄만 조정되면 할 거니까요. 닥치는 대로 열심히 해야죠. 시간이 제일 아까워요.

맞아요. 눈 떠보니 어느새 서른이고 어느새 마흔이고.

-사실 전 외모를 꾸미거나 관리는 잘 안 했는데요. 아, 이젠 그것도 굉장히 필요하구나, 서른 접어들다 보니까 마냥 피부 세포가 재생이 잘 되는 나이는 지난 거 같더라고요. 다쳐도 빨리 안 낫고. 앞으로 일을 많이 하려면 건강도 중요하겠구나 하는 생각도 들고. 그래서 담배도 끊었어요.

담배 끊은 지 2년쯤 됐죠. 솔직히 가슴에 손을 얹고 그 사이 한 번도 안 피웠나요?

-입담배로 가끔 피우긴 했죠. 합해서 열 개비 정도 되려나? 술 마실 때 조금. 이젠 담배 생각이 아예 안 나요. 아니, 아니야, 나긴 나요. 근데 담배를 끊어서 한 작품이라도 더 할 수 있다면 끊어야겠다는 거죠. 근데 담배를 끊으니까 술이 늘어요. (일동폭소)

앞으로 2년 동안 스케줄이 꽉 차있으면 아무래도 결혼 생각은 미뤄질 수 있겠네요.

-결혼 계획은 없어요. 근데 예전에는 결혼 안 하고 살 수 있을 것 같았는데 요즘은, 아니 몇 년 전부터 드는 생각이 그래도 가족은 있어야 하지 않을까라고 막연히 생각해요. 주변에 감독님이나 선배님이라 나이 좀 있는 영화사 대표님이나 솔로인 분들이 너무 많아요. 아니면 기러기 아빠거나. 그래서 그런지 일 끝나고 집에 들어갔을 때 누군가 있는게 좋지 않을까 싶은거죠. 결혼 생각이 없진 않아요.

---------------

^I tried to google trans, what I can translate: 

he wants to act even in old age.

- he does not want to do drama.

- he always checks articles that girl celebs refered him as ideal types. :))

- he quitted smoking for 2 years.

- he is not thinking abt marriage.

but we want more....someone can trans this pls...

Guest chacha22

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Entertainment Industry in Fierce Competition to Recruit 3 Top Stars: Jo In Sung, Hyun Bin & Kang Dong Won

There has recently been a great wave of hustling and bustling in the Korean entertainment industry due to the come back of three mega celebrities who have recently been discharged: Jo In Sung (age 31), Kang Dong Won (age 31) and Hyun Bin (age 30).

Production teams from films, dramas, CFs, you-name-it, have been lashing out a fierce competition with one another to recruit these stars. A source from a drama production team even commented, “Next year’s success will be named according to these three stars’ actions.” Therefore, it can’t be missed that the value of these three stars are rapidly rising.

Rumors say that production teams have been sending emails or packages of scripts and scenarios to each celebrity even three to six months before their discharge. Park Sang Joo of the Korean Drama Production Alliance stated, “Every single project probably prioritized on getting these three actors for their cast. These three stars probably received every single scenario there is at the moment,” and “The mindset of each production team was probably, ‘Even if we can’t eat it, let’s take a poke at it.’”

120903_HyunBin.jpg

In Hyun Bin’s case, it has been reported that tens of scenarios for films and dramas have been sent. Industry sources commented, “There are about five to six CF contracts that are about to expire and even more prospective CF contracts that have been given to him.”

Hyun Bin’s agency stated, “Since Hyun Bin’s hair is still really short from being in the Marines, he still needs time,” and “Whether he returns through a drama or film, his come back will be sometime in the latter half of next year. For now, he will officially resume activities by going to his Asia fan meeting since ‘Secret Garden‘ will be airing in Japan early next year.”

kang-dong-won.jpg

Kang Dong Won, who had been discharged in November, chose the film, “Gang Of Robbers,” as his come back project, which will crank up production in early next year. “Gang Of Robbers” is about a group of thieves from the Joseon era and will be directed by Yoon Jong Bin, who also directed “Nameless Gangster: Rules of Time.”

Kang Dong Won’s reps commented, “Kang Dong Won has been confirmed for two films so far. We are in the middle of discussion for many other projects,” and “If you calculate the time from filming to releasing, each movie takes about one year to complete. So you can say that the next two years of Kang Dong Won’s schedule have been set.”

469672.jpg

Jo In Sung was discharged last year but has only been working on CFs until now. He will be making a come back to the small screen through the drama, “That Winter, The Wind Blows in February of next year. His agency commented, “Jo In Sung initially chose the film ‘Martial Arts‘ for his come back piece but due to delays in filming, his come back was delayed as well,” and “He hasn’t given up ‘Martial Arts’ but he is currently focusing his energy to the drama.”

Another industry source commented, “Usually, the value of male celebrities after their discharge falls but for these three stars, it’s either the same or even higher.”

Some of the numbers from the love calls include 500 million won (500,000 USD) for a film, 80 million won (80,000 USD) per episode for a drama and a one year contract for a CF with 2 parts for 800 million won (800,000 USD).

A drama production source commented, “In Jo In Sung’s case, he will be receiving 100 million won (100,000 USD) per episode for his upcoming drama.” Another source from the CF business commented, “The compensation rate has risen to about 50 to 100 million won (50,000 to 100,000 USD) for the three stars.”

Now, the public is interested in whether these three stars, who have had two years off and are into their thirties, can be as successful as they were in their prime. One drama production staff warned, “The military service time for these three stars may have been the waning period for their popularity. Nowadays, actors like Song Joong Ki, Kim Soo Hyun, Yoo Ah In and Park Yoo Chun are the rising stars. Also, these days, the project itself brings success, not so much the stars themselves.”

However, Oh Se Kang from the SBS drama department commented, “Even after their enlistment, the three actors appeared on the TV screen through many CFs so the public didn’t really feel that they were missing,” and “Since there aren’t many top male stars in their thirties right now, their values must rise since they are so scarce.”

Jung Duk Hyun, a pop culture critic stated, “Their come back after their discharge will be a good opportunity for a transformation in their acting.”

source: soompi.com

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kang Dong Won to cast in a new action movie with Ha Jung WooSTAR N NewsBy Son Jin-Ah | STAR N News – 2 hours 41 minutes ago

Ha Jung Woo is casting in 'Way of Warrior' with Kang Dong Won.

On 14th, ShowBox MediaPlex announced that Ha Jung and Kang Dong Won decided to cast in new action movie 'Way of Warrior'.

'Way of Warrior' is a movie with the background setting of 19th century Choson, and it is a movie about a fight between thieves who try to help poor people and high officials who only seek ways to expand their fortune.

The movie is raising many people's anticipation, because it will be directed by director Yoon Jong Bin, who directed 'Nameless Gangsters' earlier this year.

Yoon Jong Bin succeeded in persuading Kang Dong Won, who just recently finished his military service, and he will be bringing another major hit.

On the other hand, the crank in of 'Way of Warrior' will take place in early 2013.

source

More related news...

Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won Cast in 19th Century Joseon Period Movie, ‘Islands’
Source: enewsworld
Ha Jung Woo and Kang Dong Won have been cast as the leads for a new movie. 
The movie production agency, Showbox revealed on December 14 that the two actors are confirmed to play the leads of the upcoming movie, Islands. 
Director Yun Jong Bin will helm of the period piece, set in Korea’s Joseon Dynasty in the 19th century and will revolve around the story of an outlaw and the authorities squaring off. 
kdw_island1_zpsd69f0ea0.jpg
Ha Jung Woo will play Dol Moo Chi, a commoner who becomes a righteous outlaw of the people who are oppressed in their everyday life. 
Kang Dong Won will portray Jo Yoon, a son of a wealthy household who is skilled in martial arts but is looked down on for being an illegitimate son from a concubine.
The movie will reunite Ha Jung Woo with director Yun Jong Bin as the two previously worked together for the acclaimed movie, Nameless Gangster. 

Kang Dong-won's come back flick, "Archipelago"
Source: Hancinema
Kang Dong-won and Ha Jeong-woo will be filming "Archipelago".
Based in the late Chosun, Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won have confirmed to star in the movie "Archipelago".
Ha Jeong-woo, who has been busy with movies "Nameless Gangster", "Love Fiction", "Project 577" and even directing his own movies such as "Roller Coaster", Ha Jeong-woo has confirmed to star in "Archipelago". He takes on the role of Dol Mu-chi who becomes at outlaw from being a butcher and shows the life of pressured grass roots in the 19th century.
Actor Kang Dong-won from "Our Happy Time", "JEON WOO CHI : The Taoist Wizard", "Secret Reunion" and others chose "Archipelago" as his come back flick. He is Jo Yoon, the son of Jo Dae-gam, a candidate of Naju in Jeolla who has outstanding martial arts skills but isn't acknowledged because he is the son of a concubine.
Director Yoon Jong-bin is in charge of this movie and many have high expectations as he is also the creator of "Nameless Gangster" which gathered 4.7 million people into theaters. Yoon Jong-bin cast actor Ha Jeong-woo whom he's been with since his debut and also managed to get Kang Dong-won to join the boat with him.
"Archipelago" is an action movie about a justice group stealing from the greedy ones and sharing it with the public.