Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Gosh he cried.....man i love our hyun bin ah.....he look so fit and handsome....tht military uniform does work well on him.... Plz anyone if u have the video do share k....

Hello everyone is here!!!
Gah!!! I had a meeting earlier... was so dang itchy to be in here.  Awww.. he looks mighty fine... and I get the same feeling when I saw his enlisted pix.  He must felt a lot of gratitute with teary eyes...and that honour bow. I was shocked by how humble he was then...and still is.  
Welcome Back Beanie... hope you have a lovely time with your loved ones...before joining in the fray.
Those fans.., I wish I was there (but tbh I'm not sure whether I could last in that cold...windy temp..brrrr) but...we're talking bout Beanie here...so, yeah I'll make it last.
99447422.jpg
Today, Hyun Bin will finally be returning to his fans after serving his military duties for a year and nine months.

At 10 a.m. on December 6 (KST), Hyun Bin will announce his release at the Marine Corps Headquarters in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do.

Already, more than 1,000 fans, as well as press members, from inside and outside the country have gathered at the scene to witness Hyun Bin′s return.Fans brought placards reading ′The man is back... you′re all dead meat′, ′641 days. Today marks the end of our wait′ and ′Welcome Back Hyunbin′. They also set up 600kg worth of rice wreaths to celebrate the occasion.

Overseas fans had arrived in a total of 14 buses and didn′t bother to hide their excitement.

One Chinese fan who met with enews said, "I arrived in Korea yesterday to see Hyun Bin. I′m happy that he′s returning to us in good health after two years."

Another fan said, "Hyun Bin looks good even with his short hair. I missed him so much during the last two years. It′s a bit cold, but I′m excited I′ll be seeing Hyun Bin
Hyun Bin volunteered to enter the Marine Corps on March 7, 2011. At the time, he had been at the peak of his popularity with the success of his SBS drama Secret Garden.

As such, the movie scene and drama scene have been working hard far before his release to sign Hyun Bin into their pieces.

Hyun Bin first served as a combat troop in Baengnyeongdo, then was transferred to the military band at the Marine Corps Headquarters.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min
@musings - would reply to you on your previous post later :))

Hyun Bin discharged from military + sheds tears as he discusses acting
20121206_hyunbin_military5.jpg
Although today may seem like an average day to many, it is a special day to fans across the world and actor Hyun Bin, for he has returned after finishing his military service!
Hyun Bin was officially discharged today, December 6th, and held a simple, brief event to address the thousands of fans who had gathered to witness his return back to society.
The actor, who had been serving in the Marine Corps, greeted his fans with a booming voice and discussed some of his thoughts on returning to his life and career.
“Thank you to all the media and fans who have made it here despite the snow and difficult conditions,” he started off.
“I promised to greet you again after 21 months as a hardened soldier, and I think I have been able to keep that promise while serving in the Marines. I think I am now able to greet you as a more solid and confident person,” he continued.
“Having received so much encouragement and interest from everyone before enlisting, I started my life as a soldier with a happy heart, and due to the consistent support and energy that you have all sent me even after enlisting, I think I am able to now stand here alright and healthy.”
Tears then began to form in the actor’s eyes as he thought about returning to acting once more. “I wanted to act so badly,” he admitted before the silence that followed due to his tears.
“Since I couldn’t act during my vacations, I’d go to places where hoobaes were acting and would watch them and think about it… But now, the time has come for me to be able to act again, and as much as everyone has waited for me, I want to work hard in preparing to show you the acting I’ve wanted to do. I have stored all the energy that I’ve received as a soldier, so I will return energy back to everyone,” he concluded.
Hyun Bin enlisted back on March 7th of 2011, and after 21 months of serving in the Marines rather than in the promotional division of the army like most celebrities, the actor has made his return and will be spending his time with his family for the time being.
Welcome back Hyun Bin!
Source : Allkpop

Woot @the girl who - that is one fast pair of hands... I was bout to post it  ;)
I'm sooOoOo happy to see everyone in here :)) let's mark this day.  After a tenious long wait.
OT - I SUPER LOVE his military watch... the girl who! said:
Tears then began to form in the actor’s eyes as he thought about returning to acting once more. “I wanted to act so badly,” he admitted before the silence that followed due to his tears.
“Since I couldn’t act during my vacations, I’d go to places where hoobaes were acting and would watch them and think about it… But now, the time has come for me to be able to act again, and as much as everyone has waited for me, I want to work hard in preparing to show you the acting I’ve wanted to do. I have stored all the energy that I’ve received as a soldier, so I will return energy back to everyone,” he concluded.

Guest musings

the girl who, thanks so much for the news, keep them coming

the girl who! said: Hyun Bin discharged from military + sheds tears as he discusses acting

Although today may seem like an average day to many, it is a special day to fans across the world and actor Hyun Bin, for he has returned after finishing his military service!
Hyun Bin was officially discharged today, December 6th, and held a simple, brief event to address the thousands of fans who had gathered to witness his return back to society.
The actor, who had been serving in the Marine Corps, greeted his fans with a booming voice and discussed some of his thoughts on returning to his life and career.
“Thank you to all the media and fans who have made it here despite the snow and difficult conditions,” he started off.
“I promised to greet you again after 21 months as a hardened soldier, and I think I have been able to keep that promise while serving in the Marines. I think I am now able to greet you as a more solid and confident person,” he continued.
“Having received so much encouragement and interest from everyone before enlisting, I started my life as a soldier with a happy heart, and due to the consistent support and energy that you have all sent me even after enlisting, I think I am able to now stand here alright and healthy.”
Hyun Bin enlisted back on March 7th of 2011, and after 21 months of serving in the Marines rather than in the promotional division of the army like most celebrities, the actor has made his return and will be spending his time with his family for the time being.
Welcome back Hyun Bin!
Source : Allkpop

Thank you guys so much for the updates :) It's so good to see  this place moving again and for updates to pop up like that by the minute. I'm so EXCITED and when he'll start his new projects, we will have tons of things to say and share with each other. Welcome back my Binnie!

@Gaye @lyra_brillantez - *group hugs* with a dash of byuntae...cant help it... the foxy tail started to wave  B-)
We are missing MisChA here... where ever you are come out to play.
This what made me jaw dropped when I 1st got to know Beanie...(yer when I got ot know him he was already enlisted)  but these were the pix that got to me...
st_19368885.jpgHyun-Bin-Military3.jpg

Now... it's December 6, 2012... still the same feeling...bittersweet...poignant looking at this guy's pix
429432_439603139422652_239185611_n.jpg18246_439599086089724_157785583_n.jpg
I was like "WOW" would even like him even he cant act to string his one alphabet name.  But thank god! he's a good method actor... so that make it much easier.

It's so sad to see him cry because he missed acting :( for such a passionate actor, it must have been hell to not be able to act for so long. It also means that his acting will be more intense like he stated. Cant wait to see his next project!

The_Joker   I like YEH because she is a good actress and has good chemistry with her partners.  Also she kisses well ... he kisses well ...*sweat*!    You can say I anticipate the explosive feelings should these two meet.  Of course the ensuing ships and scandals would also liven up this thread.  And did I say they make a beautiful couple.  I thought they look very good together at the Pink Ribbon event.  Yes, also based on the BH photoshoot and interviews.  It's cute how they do not really make eye contact but body language drawn to each other, or was that my imagination!  Another reason for YEH is that she is younger than him, I am really getting tired of watching noo-na vs dong-saeng romance (current staple of k-dramas).   An action drama without romance would be great too, like VP 1st season.

Bromance with LJG, why not!  But not in the genre of a king and his clown please.  A movie with lots of fighting scenes would be great.   What about Andy (Shinwa), I still blush to watch them washing each other's back in Nonstop4.  It looked so ..umm I cannot describe.

This thread used to be very updated with HB's news but after SG, many new fansites provided better faster news. 

On scandals/rumors I guess everyone have read elsewhere that Tang Wei is supposedly dating the "Late Autumn" director and definitely not our Hyun Bin. I am glad the truth came out before he return to civilian life, he need not again have to deny those TW dating rumors. I recall reading many interesting posts on this dating rumor and he was called many names too.

Anyone here watching "Cheer Up Mr Kim"?  I am not following that drama but the lead character's name is "Kim Tae Pyung".  I think it's doing really well in the ratings.  I wonder what HB thinks hearing his own name in a drama?  Hmmm.. the writer is in love with me  

One more news before I go... the singer Kim Jang Hoon has decided to postpone his album press conference on the 6th to the 7th inorder to avoid clashing with that day's major event, the military discharge of a certain Sergeant Kim.   

Sorry to cut your post @musings 

Btw I'm fine thanks :) and hope you're in a good health as well.

Ah... yer YEH and her kissing techniques... :x  that have been the much talk of the hallyuwood.  I do get the chemistry... but somehow I dont gravitate towards her... good enough actress but she just not in my radar of impressive...likebility.  Not that I dislike her or anything...but just nothing.  Surprisingly though I do watch all her dramas so far :)) Goong, CP, My Fair Lady, Lie To Me and now I Miss You (I catch a few epi).  I do get why people/fans like to link her with the actors for OTP in dramas/movies.  But I still on the same opinion it's all like fizzles and sizzles (for indepth got to do pm, if not I would be skinned by her fangirls/boys).

Noona / dongsaeng partnering cant be help because the matured able bodied namjas are shipped off to the army.  Some partnering work though some do feel itty bitty yucky.

Awwww why not in the genre of King And The Clown?  I LOVE that period piece so far the best from South Korea, I put it on the same level of Raise The Red Lantern, Farewell My Concubine, Braveheart etc.  But tbh, I cant picture Hyun Bean in Saguek...though it would be awesome for him to give a try...to further broaden his genre.  As for action, he's more to the boxing side...not so on the martial arts category.  with LJG - kind The Thieves movie, I so wanted those Ocean Elevan types of movies for them... yer arts wise not so much... but they are good for feel good, commercial...very fan service :))  My shallowness is gearing its head.

On a serious note, maybe Starsky & Hutch or Mad Detective kind of comedic/action since both actors have comedic timing...agile enough with their bodies to do action.  Or war type of movie...with duality characters.

With Andy...the coming-of-age story, that scene would trigger memory still to you eh.  Hyun Bin was such a green horn in that film.  I like it well enough... a feel good...family gathering type of movie to watch.  Not heavy to the mind.  But not meaty enough nowadays for him or to begin with.

How's the Cheer Up Mr Kim?  The premise sounds interesting... would give it a try after Ive done my rerun some of the dramas.

P/s - Been meaning to ask are you residing in South Korea?

thanks for all the updates and pics!! he looks handsome and fit as ever!

WELCOME BACK HYUN BIN!   :)

Hyun Bin says, “I wanted to act so much”

December 06, 2012 12:30 pm eternalc2h

2012120609582533551_2.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin shed tears talking about his strong desire to act.

On December 6, Hyun Bin was discharged from the military service. He reported his discharge in a loud voice and talked about his thoughts.

Hyun Bin said, “I really appreciate all the fans and the reporters for coming to see me in spite of the snowy weather. 21 months ago, I promised that I would come out as a stronger person. I think I’ve kept that promise because I feel that I’ve become stronger and more confident, serving in the Marine Corps. I was really thankful for your support and interest before I started doing my military service. Many people have supported and encouraged me even during the military service.”

Hyun Bin also shed tears saying, “I wanted to act so much.” He made his fans sad and worried by not being able to speak for a while.

He said, “I thought so when I was watching other actors acting when I was on furlough because I couldn’t be part of it. I can now, so I want to prepare a lot before I actually start acting again. I’ve saved all the energy I’ve received from you, and I’ll return it to you soon.”

Hyun Bin joined the Marine Corps. on March 7 in 2011 and did his military service for 21 months. He received a lot of attention by voluntarily joining the Marine Corps. instead of the army at the time.

Hyun Bin said hello to his fans and gave an interview to some reporters for ten minutes and left the place to spend time with his family.

2012120609582533551_1.jpg

source:starnews via korea.com

Guest musings

Thanks the girl who for the video link.  I feel teary too watching the part where he cried and how he tried to control himself over his emotions.  I really love all the photos.  The arrangements and all the backdrop done by his fan club is fantastic especially those heartfelt messages (I wish I could pitch in and leave one of my own too).  BTW can I have one of those leaflets?

hnnee1155512.jpg?t=1354765936 

2840_L_13547544512222.jpg?t=1354764864 

223355ddeee.jpg?t=1354765083

You make me happy and proud!

@ The_Joker   Awww.. I didn't even watch all YEH's drama...   I have no OTP issues, IMO having one will kill an actor's career.   I just want to see him work with someone with good acting chops, anyone good will do. Also his personal life is not my concern.  Now I need to digest all the exploding HB's news before talking more on our interesting issues  :))   Pm... good idea (once I learn how to do it). I'm not from hallyuwood.