Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Love this article so much. I know it had been posted before by metaltiger. 
I just came across and got to post it again.

I've seen many combinations of SIK's name such as "Gook", "Gok", "Guk", "Kook", and even "Gug", but this is the first time for "Kuk"  :-j  . 
Some years ago, a good friend of SIK Soompi "Cherryrose" explained to us that SIK's official name is spelled "Song IL-Kook".
Since then we switched referring to him from "SIG" to "SIK".

Last year, when I asked him to autograph for Mr. Hummer, I even insisted him to write his name in alphabets, and he wrote "IL-Kook" with a "-".

8162691288_cd8fd8dd42_o.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song Il-Kuk:  The Chameleon

By Dan on February 8, 2012 | 13 Comments

From the Queen’s Vantage Point:

There are actors and then there are actor’s among actors.  Such an actor is Song ll Kuk.  As I have watched the many series that he has appeared in, including my recent favorite, Kimchi Family, I am amazed at how this man’s face changes to the point that if you did not know it was the same person, you would wonder.  Sure the eyes and the smile are the most obvious features of his very handsome face, but they are not enough to keep the changes from taking place.  Whether he  plays a gangster turned chef as he does in Kimchi Family or a revenge-filled renegade as he does in A Man Called God, every face is different.

Song-1.png

As the boss of his own gigantic investment organization, X-City, Kuk is impeccable.  He flashes style, sophistication, and sexuality while hiding a deadly accurate form of fighting and determination in clearing the name of his murdered father.  Michael King is the man women dream of, but when not finding investors for his resort, X-City, he is on a mission to either kill or bring to justice the men behind the crime who stole money and reputations while slandering the name of a good police officer, faithful friend, and good husband, King’s father.  They will pay and he is the one who will make them pay no matter what.

Song-2.png

Song ll Kuk made the Queen change her vantage point from romance to history to melodrama.  It is hard to tell whether it was the excellent writing of the author, the wonderful production by the directors and his fellow actors, or his dynamic good looks that kept me glued to every series that I have watched him in.  When watching The Lobbyist and Crime Squad, I only stopped long enough to take lunch and personal needs breaks.  I wanted to see every frame and hear every word! Kuk owns the character when he is acting and he owns the screen whenever he shows up.  Do you ever wonder what such people are like in person or in their day-to-day life? Sincerely, it is hard to believe that some of that personality does not come from who they are when the cameras are not on.  This man makes 40 look so good.  If it is true that clothes do not make the man then this man makes clothes talk!  The car he drove in A Man Called God would not look this good if someone else were behind the wheel.

Song-3.png

Let me just say again that this man changes to meet the specifications of the role.  In Crime Squad, we see Song as a depressed father and dedicated police officer who took the job to understand why his little girl had to die in a senseless car accident, and who was responsible for her death.  His Columbo-like appearance is only missing the rumpled raincoat.  He has made a promise to his deceased child and he cannot give up until he brings the killer or killers to justice.  It is hard to find the debonair Michael King in A Man Called God with the frumpy Detective Park Se Hyuk.   The hair is all wrong.  The eyes are not the same.  The confidence stance almost invisible to the naked eye.  You know it is him, but you wonder what happened along the way.  He is a man possessed.

Song-4.png

Frank Sinatra sang, “I have been a piper, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn, and a king…” and Song ll Kuk plays them all with finesse.  If you cannot see enough of him, DramaFever has him on full load with about seven different dramas including the ones that I have mentioned here.  If you want to see him play a warrior king, then you can watch the The Kingdom of the Wind and Jumong, two historical dramas. How does he look as a king?  Well, you tell me. Long hair, short hair, curly hair, straight, it does not matter. Period costumes, suave suits, or shabby police wear, Kuk makes them all his personal best.

Song-5.png

Just because he looks so good with clothes on, I thought I should give you one more picture of his fantastic changeability.  This guy looks like his sexy older brother, but it is Kuk.  From the Queen’s vantage point, any excuse is a good one to take a look at him.  Let’s hope that he is in something else real soon so that we can continue to watch his wonderful ability to change to suit the role, wear the suit, or smile.  All are worth the price of admission.

Song-6.png

1. T J HE was first Korean actor I ever. Saw, Jumong, started my love for Korean dramas. I would watch paint dry if he were involved! Lol
  2. baroness radon Don’t forget Haesin! He made it easy to forget that the Emperor of the Sea was not him.
  3. Crossfire Did you know he played a bit part in All About Eve? He was one of the cameramen. This was before Emperor of the Sea and Jumong.
  4. Redd I have to agree with every bit of what you said, because I discovered the same need to be glued to the screen with every drama he’s been in that I’ve seen. =) Luv the post!
  5. lindamacy Now that I am hooked on Korean dramas…he is my very favorite actor. Actually in withdrawal waiting for the next Kimichi Family series. Think he is is one of the best or the best actor on the planet. Glad to hear to he going to be father of Triplets!
  6. lindamacy Now that I am hooked on Korean dramas…he is my very favorite actor. Actually in withdrawal waiting for the next Kimichi Family series. Think he is is one of the best actors on the planet. Glad to hear to he going to be father of Triplets!
  7. NewKDramaAddict I have only seen Crime Squad which I loved but have the others on my queue of dramas to watch. I might have to move them up the list!! I loved him in Crime Squad!! He was added to my one to watch drama list!!
  8. Judith I agree that he’s a fascinating and powerful actor and presence on screen. I also believe that “Kimchi Family” is one of the most perfect dramas that I’ve watched. Great story line, great acting, great cinematography, music – it has it all. Anyway, Il Kuk will always be one of my very favorite favorites. Thanks for the pictures and excellent commentary.
  9. Snooz i COMPLETELY agree!! I don’t any other word except “chameleon” really describes him. Seriously… how can one man be so completely different in every role he plays?? I love love love Kimchi Family, I can’t even believe he’s the same actor in Crime Squad or even Man Called God!
  10. MJ To me Fermentation Family rocks. I enjoy this drama is about two daughters who get ownership of their father’s restaurant, and someone who — Ki Ho Tae played by Song Il Gook — sets about looking for a piece of his past, working together. The making of the food by the 2 sister is done beautifully. Don’t you wish you were there to eat the sister’s food. For me, Song Il Gook is the Korean version of Jim Carrey a Canadian American actor and comedian. who can portrayed various characters instantly. Song Il Gook rocks.
  11. metaltiger Love the article,Queen! Chameleon is the perfect description of Song Il Kuk. He assumes his character so completely that you cannot imagine anyone else in that role. I took the liberty of posting your article on Song Il Kuk’s forum on soompi.com and everyone is agreeing with you 200%. Thank you for eloquently expressing all of our thoughts.
  12. Sulaiman How long av been an enemy of other’s film and even my Dvd bcs of Song ll kuk,while av waiting 4 his new release.pls has THIS FILM comes out,bt not yet in 9ija
  13. Brenda Bless your heart Queen. Tis a perfect description of Song Il Kuk. I fell in love with the man and his myriad characters in Jumong, now I’ve become addicted to anything with him in it. My B/F is kinda jealous with all the attention I lavish on this eye candy of a man. But his overwhelming grip over me is not just the looks, but his versatility in role interpretation and those gorgeous, expressive eyes! Need I say more? Am hooked to Song Il Kuk till kingdom comes! Im still waiting for Kimchi Family in my country.
    http://blog.dramafever.com/2012/02/song-il-kuk-the-chameleon/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to add a comment that my friend's father, watched the entire Crime Squad and didn't realize that was Jumong, the drama he watched just a couple years back and whom he liked so much :))  .

Gosh, KONA.  I have forgotten about this post.  Thanks for reposting it. The writer was very brillant in describing our man. I don't know why Terms of Endearment and Emperor of the Sea were not mentioned in his article.  Anyway, it doesn't matter.  What's important is he made the reader see how good SIK as an actor to the highest level.

Kim Jang-Hoon and Song Il-Kook left for China on 06-Nov-2012.

Pictures from Incheon Airport in Mr. Park's FB.

중국에 나무심으러 출발~~ 중국 은천으로 고고씽 잘다녀오겠습니다
[Google translation] "Depart for Yinchuan, China to plan trees.  An archaeological mission. - at Incheon International Airport."

8162727414_e7e91decdf_o.jpg

~~~~~~~~

[Google translation]

Kim Jang-hoon cheers for the man (Song Il-Kook)  who was denied immigration by Japan official.

201211040830293010_1.jpg

Kim Jang Hoon's rooting for Song Il Kook.

Kim Jang-hoon on his Me2day, November 3 "right of loyal friends .. arriving in Japan officially been rejected Man Song Il-Kook. Today's going to cheongsanri trek crew and the entire athletic competitions, Surprise once so trek crew of Song Il's cheongsanri affection was deep .. China planting trees in a country like this going volunteered did. Photos with patriotic swapping. "Left.

In the photo, Kim Jang-hoon and Song Il-Kook holding a fist, looking at the camera and smiling. Kim Jang-hoon and Song Il Kook one arm around the look out just a nameplate on the door.

Dokdo swim ahead of Song Il Kook Kim Jang-hoon, and Professor Seo Kyoung-Duk took part in the Trans- The Japanese Deputy Foreign Minister Yamaguchi Tsuyoshi about Song Il Kook participated in the swim crossing Dokdo "I'm sorry, but you will be hard to come to Japan in the future. Is it you think that the public sentiment in Japan, "he said.

This Song Il on his Twitter "Japanese Deputy Foreign Minister Song Il Kook, I'm sorry, but can not comin 'What I do not know what to say. Just the name of my three sons or view the recall. For the Republic, hurray, "he left the indirect testimony. (Photo Song Il Kook Kim Jang Hoon / Kim Jang Hoon Me2day).

http://news.nate.com/view/20121104n01747

OMG!  SIK is so busy with various activities in and out of Korea.  He is utilizing all his spare time to civic works and projects.  I wonder when he is going to do another drama/movie?  No news yet? 

KONA, what happened to the DVD/Photobook of the BDFan Meeting?  Any update?  Sorry if I sound impatient but I miss our man and there's not much video releases of the affair.  BTW, thanks for posting the above news.

ardently said:

OMG!  SIK is so busy with various activities in and out of Korea.  He is utilizing all his spare time to civic works and projects.  I wonder when he is going to do another drama/movie?  No news yet? 

KONA, what happened to the DVD/Photobook of the BDFan Meeting?  Any update?  Sorry if I sound impatient but I miss our man and there's not much video releases of the affair.  BTW, thanks for posting the above news.

Alex..... you go girl!  The run may feel endless, but when you finish ..... it's all worth it.  How about thinking of SIK beside you as your running coach.  (BTW, your favorite scenes of him are imbedded in my memory too).
Dana and gabi, thank you for your beautiful pictures and dreams.
h2og, I like your tips on fitness.  I've been walking more.
ardent,  find any more wet SIKs?

Aloha sig, celia, elisabeta, hwdj and other SIKers.  Keep safe.

Guest sig-Hadise

Hello Dear Fans Lovely Songilkook

Dear Unni Kona , Thank's for a lovely clips and pictures . That's Great.

danasibro said:

Mr. songilgook for me A valuable
and respected man image
 am a fan for a Mr.Song Il Gook As long as I liveimage...you are right dear Sig Hadise to be a fan of SIK is a lifetime choice, I love to see everyday this end of your posts...thank you. Nice artwork my dear thank you.

Guest sig-Hadise

[2012-11-07] Song Il Kook CHINA

By Mewre on songilkook.com

concertking_8472013171859501986.jpg
concertking_5345334623734719312.jpg?type

concertking_1059242274791348938.jpg?type

Yesterday the spring of next year for a full-scale afforestation tracking mainly two-day total, say about twelve thousand planted're about so to go out today planting one last stretch (heh) Banri Urban Setting Ningxia in 9500 and China Youth planted'm, will be made ​​on it someday Green Wall and mankind foot Whaler Stevenage believe that's something I think mankind
From

http://me2day.net/search?order=latest&query=%EC%86%A1%EC%9D%BC%EA%B5%AD&search_at=all

Dear all SIKers, I practiced running again this evening. Almost my physical energy nearly ran out. But I have to visit this forum before I go to sleep. (Will sleep well tonight). I'll have a pre-marathon activity tomorrow with my collegues. I'm sure I will survive. Thank you for your encouragement and support. I feel so great ♥♥♥♥

Dear Dana, thank you for your wonderful artwork. Really love him on a horse and when he is running.

Dear Hadise, thank you for your cute Kitty running. Love it. My daughter loves it as well.

Dear ardent, love love the photos of him washing his hair. His skin is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Dear metaltiger, I was thinking of SIK waiting for me at the FINISH point. It is a better idea to think of him as a coach and he is running by my side. ^_^ :x  :x  :x I particularly like this photo. I just imagine to be a short guy besides him :D :D :D  BTW, glad to know that you like the scenes I mentioned.

dsc0955y.jpg

Dear Kona, thank you for all the news and the article. The writer just described how I feel and how he can act in different characters so well. He is amazing!

BTW, I have high hope to see SIK in the VIP premier of the movie 26 Years (should be on Nov 28). Han Hye Jin is the leading actress (she is so cool here) and BSB is also in. I'm sure they will invite SIK. I will keep my fingers crossed. The story is about S.Korean Millitary massaced innocent civillians in May 1980. I think SIK should be interested to see it.

Please allow me to post a trailer of this movie (with English subtitles)

• Like 1

alex1999

wrote:

»

Dear all SIKers,Thank you for your encouragement. I really need it. I practice jogging/running again last night and I will commit myself to do it again tomorrow. I will have a pre-marathon with my collegues on this Thursday. I must admit that I don't like running that much. Out of 3 sports from Triathlon (cycling, swimming and running), I enjoy swimming the most and running is the least. But SIK inpires me of his sportsmanship. So I join Bangkok Marathon for the first time in my life. I will run with my family. My hubby will run 10 k.m. and my daughter will run mini marathon (4.5 k.m.) with me. I don't want to win or get any reward. I just want to survive in the event

:D:D:D

Be able to do this is already a reward for me.

:\">:\">

Guest danasibro

There are actors and then there are actor’s among actors.  Such an actor is Song ll Kuk. KONA BEANS
...how good SIK as an actor to the highest level. ARDENTLY
Mr. songilgook for me A valuable
and respected man SIG HADISE
SIK inpires me of his sportsmanship..Really love him on a horse and when he is running..ALEX 1999
I hope we could get to see him soon on the small screen Willenette

Dear Kona this is one of the artiles I liked the most thanks to metaltiger and to you very much for reposting it.
...me to dear Kona  dear alex, dear Hadise, dear ardently I love him when acting when he practices any sport when shows fashion when playing with children, when supporting charities when being among fans, when  dancing or singing ... always
 ALEX
! Your story is already on my Baby Blog so, Romanian SIKers will keep their fingers crossed for you tomorrow and on November 18...thank you dear Celia for posting the story of alex on your blog and for all the information you share almoust every day on your wonderful blog
 I am one of those Romanian Sikers dear alex,
Thank you dear dear ardently for sharing those cute pictures
and dear Kona Beans and SIG Hadise for sharing  the pictures from China

1AZd3-147.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

Qualifications of Men with Song Il-Kook  (E-Sub)

Second episode with Song Il-Kook aired on KBS2 on 23-Sep-2012  and on KBSWorld on 04-Nov-2012.
Now with E-Subs. 
Source: KBS World 
Torrent Link: DevilSob 

Next week in KBSWorld will be another episode with Song Il-Kook:  Training in Tongyeong.
The week after:  The Tongyeong Triathlon
We've seen raw, now we'll watch it with E-Subs \:D/ .

I believe watching this program in the next few weeks will give Alex a big boost, especially next week, when we'll see Coach Song run with the men!
:bz 

:bz

@metaltiger - I am glad to hear that you are walking more.  Coach Song is the one who inspires a lot of people to get physical!  Walking is the best way for all of us who can't exercise regularly.  A bit stretch here and a bit stretch there will help our body get flexible and good for blood circulation...
@Alex1999 - Hope to hear more from your practice!  Go Alex Go!!!
@KonaBeans - Thanks for the upload!  I am glad you were able to download the episode.  I can see that you can't wait to post the episode here in SIK Thread.  I agree with you.  It will be motivational for Alex to watch these episodes.
High wave to Everybody!!!  Have a great weekend!  Ciao Ciao!!

Dear SIKers,

I went running in a park near our office with my colleagues today. It was 5 k.m. and I survived :)>- :)>- :)>-  The statistic is a bit better than when I practiced. Thank you for your support and encouragement. It means so much for me.

Dear Celia, I feel so privilege to be a subject in your blog. Could you please share the link? SIK inspires me so much. I thought I could not do it.  Now I feel that my body is still working fine. All muscles and energy have been used. I'm glad that I still have strength for this. I encourage all of us doing some exercise that fit your lifestyle.

Dear h2og, Thank you for your kind words and continuous encouragement. I'm so glad to know you and of course every SIKer here.

Dear Kona, thank you for the clips. They are really big boost for me. BTW, where can I find the Torrent link. I would like to put it in my iPad.

I was hoping to see SIK in Song Ji Hyo's movie VIP premier tonight (Jackal is Coming). But I realized that he is in China right now. I think if he is in Seoul, he would attend this event.

High wave to everyone. Please stay strong and healthy. Love you all. :x :x :x

Dana, great composition of Michael.  Thank you.
Ardent, that's a new "wet SIK" to me.  In what drama did he shampoo his hair? And  I just thought of another wet scene.... his collapse in the shower in Art of Seduction.
Alex, you must be in good shape to run and feel good about it.  I've been thinking that it's summer there and the humidity would be pretty high. Take care.
Kona, the knock-kneed Junho and bow-legged Gyeongju in this QOM episode made me laugh so hard.   Looking forward to the next one. 
h2og, your words are encouraging me to go out walking now. ( 6am in the morning)! 
Will check in later.
Have a great day to all SIKers.

Guest danasibro

1AZd3-149.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

9eda71f1_o.jpeg

Thank you dear Kona for sharing the second episode with Song Il-Kook aired on KBS2 on 23-Sep-2012  and on KBSWorld on 04-Nov-2012.
Very cute slideshow dear h20g, thank you
I hope also to hear more from your practice dear alex 1999 and about this exiting experience!  Go Alex Go, be the best!!!
Have you seen SIK in Song Ji Hyo's movie VIP premier  last night...thank you for  the drama recommendation, I like BBS

1AZd3-148.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

Thank you Celia for sharing the link to your blog. Thanks dear metaltiger for appreciating my artworks, I also have to walk more every day if this is possible, you are right  Waves to my friends Gabi, Sig-Hadise and Charmy and one photo being from my favorite.

0bf32f17_o.jpeg

Waves to Everybody!!!  Have a great weekend!