Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@ctfrsgp, we go kino look lor!! Better bring lots of tissues in case we start drooling in public. 

@coolreborn hahaha!! That pic with that snoopy...they don't look too bad together...

@mojobobo I'm looking forward to the day when i go to Kino and see all the mags displayed with cutie's pic on the front covers. Sad to say tat right now our local publications and those fr taiwan r more focused on kpop idols. itz quite unusual tat the taiwanese mags hav yet to take any notice of JW who has alrdy gaining interest among the audience in korea and china since last yr. Well, I think we can expect awareness among the general audience here in S'pore to increase in the following weeks as cutie bunny has made his debut appearance as Ma Joon on our small screens 2 days ago on Fri night. I wonder if The Straits Times has written a preview on BK in its Life section yet. They normal do for new dramas airing on the cables or on Channel U. :)

@ctfrsgp, I'll leave the BB one to be translated by @mrdimples. Think her inner moater will appreciate it hahaha!!!

@mojobobo @mrdimples I really cannot take it anymore...... hahahahaha.... the comments by the chinese fans are so hilarious.... "纤腰翘臀大长腿,话说臀也太翘了" =)) =)) and this one quoted here reminds me of someone... ♡♡♡♡ I'm really curious wat our cutie thinks everytime he sees her on tv :) she is so pretty :x

-edit-

I found tis mphone CF of Uie, KHJ and LMH by accident. Now I'm trying to imagine cutie playing KHJ's part as 007 in the ad. itz so funny :))

this one is oso very funny

Joo Won's Cosmopolitan Interview 

mjw1.jpg

As you were walking over from a distance, one look and I could tell it was Joo Won.
Ah, really? How were you able to tell it was me?

Tall figure, long sleeve sweater and a pair of huge sunglasses! Totally emanating a star's vibe!
Recently, I've been wearing sportswear to everywhere I went to the point where my stylist banned me from wearing any more sportswear. It's been a long while since I've taken care to dress up like this. I really don't care too much about my dressing. I belong to the type that prefers to just wear anything casual and comfortable. 

What kind of words are these, coming from a fashionable top star!
Aannggg~~A nickname like this is so embarrassing! Even people who know me for only a bit will burst out laughing if they hear this. Me and fashionable are really worlds apart. 

Wearing a suit and driving a Chevrolet, such a charismatic and cold man would actually say "aannggg"!
Hehe. You were expecting to see Gaksital's Lee Kangto on me right? You will be disappointed. There is no way you will be able to find a trace of Lee Kangto on Joo Won [Heh what a cheeky boy.]

Then in 2 Days 1 Night, the cute manknae is probably the closet to the real Joo Won!
I don't know too. That image is also only one side of me. Because I'm together with all the hyungs, that's probably why I show the mankae image. 

Then in front of your juniors you will become a totally different person?
It's a fact that everyone will change the way they behave when they are in different positions. When I'm together with my elders, I will be polite and respectful. When I'm in front of my juniors, I'm a senior that demands discipline. My juniors in school are all very afraid of me. 

In 2 Days 1 Nights you always call your mum and everytime you always love to show aegyo. "Aegyo-king" manknae actually says he is a scary senior? It's really hard to imagine!
I am in the performing arts faculty. It's it usual that there are some senior who practically live in school because they are busy with work and they want to practise all the while? I'm a such a senior. Especially when I see junior who are impolite or lazy, I will never let them off and leave them be. But once I go home I will become the cute manknae once again. After my mum had my hyung, she was always hoping for a daughter but she still got another son. Mum always said she wished she had a daughter who was like a friend so that they could both chat. So when I'm with my mum, I'll be just like a daughter. When she's cooking, I'll help her at the side and also help to clean up and do housework. [Awwww his mum sounds so nice. I wonder if he gets tired of saying this is so many interviews.]

It's rare to have sons who are willing to act as a daughter because of a mother's wish.
It is right? But I love to hear my mum praising me. As a son, I still lack in many aspects and so I'm always feeling sorry towards my parents. So as long as it's my mum's wish, it seems like I will give it my all to accomplish it. 

You've just successfully completed a drama. You should be going out with friends and having fun but you spend your resting time at home doing housework?
It seems like a huge portion of my resting time is spent with my parents. If I go out, at most I'll go to the cafe in front of my house and meetup with my friends?

A few months ago I saw an interview by Shin Hyun Jun and he praised Joo Won for "Being different from the other kids these days". Now I understand why he said that!
Really? There are a lot of filial people around me too!

But do you know? Of course being filial is good but if you are too good to your parents, sometimes your girlfriend will get jealous.
I really dislike women of this type. Just because I'm good to my parents they say I'm a mama's boy then when it's the holidays they keep insisting on spending it only with me.  I don't wish to date a girl like that. As a child of course you have to take good care of your parents. To your parents, it's such great happiness to be spending time with your children. If they get jealous because of this, that's a no go. [Aigooo Won ah, you really don't understand women!!! It's not that the girl doesn't want to spend time with your family but sometimes you need to go on dates alone too!!!!!] 

mjw2.jpg

Was there ever a time when you broke up because it was too difficult to handle both your parents and girlfriend at the same time?
In the past there was once. At that time, I had a really hard time for a long period but as time went by, I came out of it. Just like my parents said, I think I made the right choice. [Did the ex-gf not want to meet his parents at all??]

So you will talk about your love life and breakups with your parents without keeping anything from them?
Haha. If I continue talking will all the girls be thinking that I'm a mama's boy? When I'm out on a date with my girlfriend and halfway into it my mum calls and I immediately run home, I'm definitely not a man like that! It's just that I like girls who are polite and know how to respect their elders. This is a precondition. 

Ah yes! Thinking of your past interviews, you did mention that your ideal girl was someone who "knows how to respect her elders".
Yes! Although it's a bit sad that I have to choose a virtue that everyone should possess as a ideal type. 

Have you been in relationships?
5 years ago. 

Given your popularity among the girls, why have you been single for so long?
I'm not generous enough, and I can't confess to girls...it seems like I'm also quite picky [Wow, so you want the girls to confess to you? But if they do, are you going to say they are not conservative enough?!]

Joo Won's picky standards for girls are?
Those who are impolite are a total no go. I also really dislike girls who speak causally. I like those who are polite, quiet and gentle. Those who like to use vulgarities or call me by "yah!", if I date with girls who speak so crudely, it seems like it will be very difficult. For example if my girlfriend says to me "Yah, have you eaten?" the good feelings I have for her will plummet immediately. If she is disrespectful, it's going to be difficult to have feelings for each other right? [i just lost all hope. I don't cuss but quiet and gentle I'm not. sobssssssssssssss]

With such picky standards, what kind of boyfriend will you be?
If I like someone, I will totally fall for her. This can be an advantage or a disadvantage. Whatever my girlfriend wants, I will do it for her. I'm this type of boyfriend. 

You've been picked as the male lead for MBC's Battle of the Secret Couple! Thinking about it, after Ma Jun. Tae Hee and Kangto, even Battle of the Secret Couple, you've always been the lead actor since debut!
I think my luck is really too good. I always meet good projects and the viewers have been able to like these projects too. When I choose my works, I don't think too much and this seems to help too. From my experience, I only look at the script and the whole production and then I make my choice. I don't seem to have considered other factors. 

mjw3.jpg

Then what was attractive in Battle of the Secret Couple? 
First is that I really like the character. It's something I've not tired before. Also, this is the first time I'm taking up a role that matches with my own age. I act as a new generation intelligence agent, he's very manly but also has his mischievous moments. Also, when he's facing women, he's very meek. [HAHAHA]

The female lead has been confirmed yet? Or maybe, do you have any actresses you wish to work with?
I don't know, I haven't thought about this. All that I care about is, if her personality is good, then everything is good. Someone who is able to let go of her inhibitions to act and is kind, if she is someone like this then there isn't anything else to pick on! It will be good if we can share our opinions with each other instead of competing against each other. I hope we can give each other strength and support and lead the crew well. 

Then that means that you will be starting your arduous run once again? Baker King was 30 episodes right? That was aired in the summer of 2010. Since then, you've acted in 3 dramas, 2 movies and you were always the lead actors right? And you still have 2 Days 1 Nights! Aren't you very tired?
When I was acting in musicals, we performed for 150 times straight without any rest. When I was still acting in musicals I took on a movie and from then on I decided that no matter whether I did well or not I would do my best till the end. Truthfully speaking, the filming schedule for dramas is really really exhausting but if I think about it, the tough process is also a form of enjoyment. Also, my personality is such that I'm always positive and so I don't feel stressed too easily. 

Even so, filming for 2 Days 1 Night and Gaksital at the same time must have been tough. 
At that time, it was only during 2 Days 1 Night's sleeping Bokbulbok that I won and was able to really sleep in a room with a blanket over me. It was then that I was actually able to get a proper sleep. But I still managed to handle the situation. 

How does it feel to be doing variety? You must be stressed when you go to unfamiliar places right?
Not at all! It's really fun. I thought long and hard about it before I made my decision. After my first meeting with the 2 Days 1 Night team, all I thought about was to have the program as a challenge, let's try this too! That's why I agreed. Usually when I'm resting, the only places I go to is my home and the cafe near my house. 2 Days 1 Night allows me to move out of my comfort zone. When I go to film, going to many good places with many people and eating a lot of good food, there is no stress at all. 

mjw4.jpg

How is your relationship with the hyungs? The age gap between you and Kim Seung Woo is the biggest right? 
Our age gap is 17 years but hyung has throw that aside and is really very good to me. Outside of the show, all 7 of us will frequently use Kakaotalk to chat. Because of the show, we meet often and go on trips together often and so we will plan to go out together. Not long ago we even said we wanted to go fishing. After filming ends, none of us will leave first. We will all go to a restaurant to eat together and drink a bit. The hyungs are all really nice. 

Through 2 Days 1 Night, you've been to many interesting places yes? Introduce some nice places to the Cosmopolitan readers to go to during autumn!
Choong Bok Jae Cheon! You can go to the mountain top to enjoy the Chung Boong lake view, that should be a very good experience. Food that is made from the various medicinal herbs is very amazing and very tasty too. Together with your good friends, to go on a well-being trip like this really seems like a very good idea!

Aside from acting and going on trips, is there anything else that you are crazy about?

I don't know. To be a human, I think this is something innate. To look for someone who you can spend the rest of your life with. It could be a lover or colleague or even a friend. Trying to find as many of these type of people, if we can get along well then we can continue to maintain a good relationship, this is probably it. 

You'll be commencing filming for your new drama pretty soon!
Filming will commence in November. Before that it seems that I have to rest and at the same time let go of the Lee Kangto that still resides in my heart. Also, if I still have the time and energy, I hope to be able to find something else that I can really enjoy while doing. When I was still in high school, I was in charged of the backdrop at one of our plays. At that time, my friends and I came up with an interesting survey, in which we asked if you had to go to an uninhabited island, who did you want to bring along the most and I came in first. Because it seemed that I was the most able to survive well out in the wild! Aside from that I am also interested in coffee and photography so I'm learning and practising now. 

In such a short span of resting time, it seems you've planned too many activities?
They are all activities which I can enjoy doing! They allow me to recharge myself well so that I will be able to show my charisma in the new drama. Even if I don't have much time left, it would be good if everyone can cheer me on. 

Taken from:百度朱元吧
Source:DC
Chinese translation by minidadalove @ Joo Won Baidu Tieba
English translation by mojobobo @ soompi forums
(@coolreborn, I'll leave you to add this to the first page <3)

1N2D!!!!!! here we go!!! <:-P

Cutie & his Sunv hyung r 2 really happy bros tdy... wat a big spread for dinner... Yum =P~ I oso wan to eat oso

SG tatz so mean :))

ooohhhh... poor JM and Kim papa :(( they only get 1 small mouth of all the side dishes the rest r eating, and they hav to share those mouthfuls.

mojobobo said:

@ctfrsgp, I'll leave the BB one to be translated by @mrdimples. Think her inner moater will appreciate it hahaha!!!

@mrdimples, I'll translate the Cosmopolitan interview so you just need to take care of the Ceci one :)

@mrdimples tis one

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1935217792?fr=wap

u not watchg 1N2D live? JWonnie so cute tdy trying to get the right answer for BBB :x

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job cutie :x :x <:-P =D> :))

oohhhh... cutie bunny u r such a sweet and selfless boy who respects his elders..... heherherher :x

YAH!!!!!! wat did Joonie jus say? Darn finger block my view :-/

naughty joonie... i jus praised u a good boy jus now >:):D and u gone to vote your poor hyung out to sleep outside... bad boy :-@

Ahjumma... please let Joo Won wear light colored sweat pants next time... We'll treat you to lunch or dinner next time.  - moat pals.

@coolreborn Stylist ahjumma must hav heard u las night

Moaties, listen..... cutie on light grey sweatpants.... >:)

@mojoboboThank you for the translation! He keeps saying he's not a mama's boy... but he totally is :D I'm really amazed by how much he respects and love his parents... His future wife will have a really a tough job handling this perfect daughter-in-law role. He has high standards for his girlfriend, but on the other hand - it's Joo Won, right? Who wouldn't want to try their best to win his heart? :D

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job cutie :x :x <:-P =D> :))

oohhhh... cutie bunny u r such a sweet and selfless boy who respects his elders..... heherherher :x

YAH!!!!!! wat did Joonie jus say? Darn finger block my view :-/

naughty joonie... i jus praised u a good boy jus now >:):D and u gone to vote your poor hyung out to sleep outside... bad boy :-@

See, Joonie... see wat u get for selling out your hyung... dun do tat next time, ok my dear baby? :D =))

Whoa!! tatz close... lucky u, joonie bunny :))

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... tatz really cute, joonie bunny :x :))

ctfrsgp: oh my.... light grey sweatpants again.... I LIKEEEEE <:-P

@hobeverly1212 U r back, dear? R u watchg live tdy? the grey sweatpants only appeared for abt 5 mins. My dear cutie bunny is turned on his aegyo-ness full blast tdy :\"> :x :-* :-*

Guest septmoon16

mrdimples said: mojobobo said: @ctfrsgp, I'll leave the BB one to be translated by @mrdimples. Think her inner moater will appreciate it hahaha!!!
@mrdimples, I'll translate the Cosmopolitan interview so you just need to take care of the Ceci one :) <3