Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

aisling said:

I will never get tired watching this :D :D

I almost died laughing watching his beauty routine :D

@aisling What episode was this?!  I haven't gotten too far into 1N2D yet.

^:)^

@winry Tis is the ep where the GREEN pants made its appearance >:) I cant recall when it was aired though. Ask @coolreborn she always can rattle off which scene appear where and when

-edit-

C wat I mean :D

ctfrsgp said:

coolreborn wrote: »

Hmmmm.... So I'm going to see this when I continue watching OB..... interesting...

fr Naver

@coolreborn The 2nd pic is their FIRST KISS and 1st pic is a WELCOME BACK kiss after a breakup

@ctfrsgp: He really know how to kiss neh. *why does my legs turn rubbery when I see this pics*  :\">

@coolreborn which ep r u at now?

I Love Sportswear. I am Boring and also not Handsome

e73232292df5e0feac11f9865c6034a85fdf72dc

Joo Won, the ordinary looking but extraordinary actor

He is an actor who does not need to dress up and yet he shines brightly in both appearance and acting skills. Possessing flower boy good looks and a charming smile, every word he says carries weight. Is that why his acting is so great? We do not need to compare him with those more experienced actors, because Joo Won being the “strongest among his peers” is making major strides in his acting career.

Nothing, not the wind nor the rain can stop Joo Won's progress. Debuting in the 2010 Baker King Kim Tak Gu whose ratings shot over 45% followed by Ojakgyo Brothers which had a ratings of almost 40%. It is not only numbers but Joo Won’s matured acting which stood out in the audience’s eyes and gradually entered their hearts. Compared to his earlier works, the recent Bridal Mask which although had lower ratings, it more than adequately showcased Joo Won’s growth as an actor.

The first question we asked when we met Joo Won was “Is your voice all right?” In Bridal Mask, there were many scenes that required shouting so we were worried. “It did change a little for the worse because it was a character who could not control his emotions. That’s why I just let it all out.” When we heard Joo Won spoke about the state of his voice, we were shocked that in in such a condition, he could still display such outstanding acting skills.

Not just shouting, there were a lot of action scenes that exact a physical toil on the body. At the end of an emotional crying scene, his hands and feet will become numb. His love lines with Mok Dan were also the envy of many. The role of Lee Kangto which he played, was not an easy one.

“After Bridal Mask, I let go(laughs). I need to let go of everything in order to act out perfectly all the different expressions and emotions of Lee Kangto. When I saw the script, my lines had the most exclamations,  so when I act, I needed to substantiate myself with the right feelings. Especially those two consecutive days of filming the death scenes of ‘hyung’ and ‘mother’, it was very distressing and difficult.”

Joo Won said “After the scene, my hands and feet went numb, even breathing was difficult.” Even though he threw his entire self into the act, there were some regrets. At the time of acting, he felt he had done his best, however later, he discovered there were much that was not adequate. It is probably natural for an actor to think this way.

“When I was filming, I will tell myself not to be like this. But because I did not sleep well, my physical energy and mental strength also declined. Hence there were many details that I neglected. When I was acting those emotional scenes, I concentrated fully. But in the smaller scenes, I did not invest much of my experience into it. This is the part that makes me regret. “

Normally, Joo Won loves to wear sportswear, he does not like to dress up. It came to a point where his stylist banned him from wearing sportswear. However as an actor, Joo Won is totally different. “Although I am not sure if it’s right or wrong, but (as an actor) if I do not adequately express my own ideas, I will became very sensitive. If I do not perform well, I will be mad.”

We wonder if this is the reason for his rapid growth? Joo Won said “After each piece of work is over, I honestly felt my own progress.”

3 dramas, 3 different roles. His choice may be a reflection of his desire towards acting. Joo Won said “When I look at the role, first I will see if it is attractive, and if the plot has twists and turns, that will be even better. Up till now, all the roles that I have played are characters who have a lot of pain and suffering buried in their hearts, I pity them that’s why I made the choice.”

Joo Won chooses to act in romance, setting himself the next challenge.

“I want to act in a romantic love drama. When I started acting, I already felt that acting romantic love scenes are the most beautiful and also the most difficult. For man, of all emotional expressions, the expression of love should be the most difficult. Although I can’t wait to act but there must be time to prepare. To me, love is the most difficult, moreover I also do not really understand a woman’s heart(laughs).”

It may not be fitting to describe Joo Won as lanky and tall, sturdily built and having a pure innocent manga face of a protagonist. But these word will not be enough if we were to describe him when he is completely immersed in acting.

"I am not the type who is very dashing in appearance. Moreover, I am not interesting, nor handsome, I look more ordinary than anyone else.” Joo Won added. Although we could not agree, but since he emphasized so many times, we will just it slip. But there is one thing which not matter what is said, we will not compromise. It is that he is indeed an extraordinary actor.

Chinese translation:  baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: nocutnews

ctfrsgp said:

coolreborn

wrote:

»

ctfrsgp said:<br />

<br />

<br />

coolreborn wrote: »<br />

Hmmmm.... So I'm going to see this when I continue watching OB..... interesting...<br />

<br />

<br />

fr Naver<br />

<br />

<br />

@coolreborn

The 2nd pic is their FIRST KISS and 1st pic is a WELCOME BACK kiss after a breakup <br />

<br />

<br />

@ctfrsgp

: He really know how to kiss neh. *why does my legs turn rubbery when I see this pics* 

:\"&gt;

mrdimples said:

I Love Sportswear. I am Boring and also not Handsome

"I am not the type who is very dashing in appearance. Moreover, I am not interesting, nor handsome, I look more ordinary than anyone else.” Joo Won added. Although we could not agree, but since he emphasized so many times, we will just it slip. But there is one thing which not matter what is said, we will not compromise. It is that he is indeed an extraordinary actor.

@mojobobo
I think this article that I just translated is the one which you pointed out saying that his stylist banned him from wearing sportswear. Perhaps the stylist knows the problem but could not muster the guts to tell him? I mean if by sportswear, he meant those trackpants or better known on this thread as the Green Pants. He must have sneaked them into his backpack when he went on that 1N2D episode. 
You don't know how many times me and @coolreborn wondered to ourselves: Does he or Does he not? *sigh* we'll never know. 

mrdimples said: @mojobobo
I think this article that I just translated is the one which you pointed out saying that his stylist banned him from wearing sportswear. Perhaps the stylist knows the problem but could not muster the guts to tell him? I mean if by sportswear, he meant those trackpants or better known on this thread as the Green Pants. He must have sneaked them into his backpack when he went on that 1N2D episode. 
You don't know how many times me and @coolreborn wondered to ourselves: Does he or Does he not? *sigh* we'll never know. 

mrdimples said:

@mojobobo

@mrdimples: I hope he does. No, really, he does [-O< . LOL. 

@coolreborn @mrdimples U gals almost get me into trouble lah..... I am at our reception counter waiting my boss's visitors to arrive when i read your post. I almost burst out laughing. My boss ask me wat wrong with me

Guest cutify

@aisling OMG! i saw that ep when he apply a moisturizer on his wet white face and i noticed his actually has a flawless skin... I wonder what product his using... :-/ btw, ty for gif, nice....