[Drama 2012] Panda and Hedgehog 판다양과 고슴도치

Admin

Guest katie_18

ahh! i love the new pictures! I saw a macaroon cookbook at the bookstore today and I immediately thought of this show! I was so tempted to buy it and make some! They looked so yummy! Thanks for the new pictures!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanjae said: I have yet to rewatch Ep8 with subs, but I agree with @Endeavor that they obviously seem to be gunning for Seung Ji to be Won Il's stepbrother. I've been kind of hoping they wouldn't go there, but this writer's nothing if not predictable, so I doubt they'd introduce that kind of detail only for it to be a red herring.

That leads to a whole new series of complications, though. I think it's safe to assume that noonim is Seung Ji's mom and Grandpa is his maternal grandpa, which leaves a big question mark over the father. There are several possibilities that I can think of:

1. Jaekyum (i.e. Won Il's stepdad) is Seung Ji's real dad, making them stepbrothers and Seung Ji half-siblings with Won Yi.

2. Seung Ji's real dad was someone else, but after Seung Ji lost his real parents, he was taken in by Won Il's family, probably by Won Il's kinder real father. Jaekyum comes in and either does it himself or conspires with the mother to throw out Seung Ji, in the process giving him enough trauma to make him lose his memory. I think I remember someone mentioning that Panda's 28, so if Seung Ji's 26 and noonim said in Ep5-6(?) that it's been 20 odd years since she lost "In Ha," it could be that something happened in the family which resulted in Seung Ji losing his parents - that might be when Da Yang's family temporarily took in and housed the little boy in the yellow shirt "who couldn't find his parents after the bakery burnt down." Seung Ji was left with Won Il for a while, who maybe took him in afterwards, giving them 4 years to be loving stepbros until Seung Ji "disappears" at the age of 10. I just don't know whether Koreans strongly differentiate between stepbrother and adoptive brother, but it could work.

3. A mix of both? :D Jaekyum's Seung Ji's real dad, but he's a rotten jerk and did something which resulted in noonim being incarcerated for his crimes (I think the original premise mentioned something about Seung Ji's mom being jailed for his father's crimes). Jaekyum then got Temptation of an Angel-level plastic surgery and went from the tall, tattooed gangster whom we saw with Seung Ji and Won Il in the park to current short and chubby Jaekyum. Ergo, unrecognizable and able to start a new life. Does so with Won Il's mom, only to discover they've adopted his real son. He's horrified and chucks the boy out before anyone could catch on to his grand scheme to take over Saint Honore from the inside!

This is pure speculation for fun, of course. So many things up in the air because I'm pretty sure I remember little boy in the yellow shirt (whom I'm assuming is Seung Ji) running up to tattooed gangster and calling him "dad."

oc-ca said: After ep 11 mystery deepens. WY's dad had a real son who WI "lost" but WI's mom makes it sound like they sent him to an orphanage (or they assume the boy ended up in orphanage bc they never looked for him after he was lost). So there's a possibility SJ is the lost boy. Alternatively SJ could be the lost boy from pd's past. The boy' s parents bakery burnt down, he stayed with pd for a while and they he disappeared. from SJ flashback we know he lived with a kind lady at kennel after he's head injury before his stints in juvie. That could have happened after either scenario. And then there's final scenario of sj being the lost grandson of gramps. But unlikely I think because they should recognize him since gramps found SJ not long after his own grandson went missing.

Guest tureready

Now Available To Download
                                                                      Episode 11  

[RS,HF,DF,FC,UB,BS,FR,RG,HP,GU,FD],[FileFactory,Narod,2Shared,MediaFire] -  [720p-Alicia]-[350MB-AVI]

endeavor said: I was thinking that this might have been the case as well too. In general I think this drama is pretty predictable but it reminds me of Donghae's and Choi Jin Hyuk's last drama (It's Alright, Daddy's Daughter) -- a predictable plot, not that great, but you can't stop watching it.

Hanjae said: oc-ca said: After ep 11 mystery deepens. WY's dad had a real son who WI "lost" but WI's mom makes it sound like they sent him to an orphanage (or they assume the boy ended up in orphanage bc they never looked for him after he was lost). So there's a possibility SJ is the lost boy. Alternatively SJ could be the lost boy from pd's past. The boy' s parents bakery burnt down, he stayed with pd for a while and they he disappeared. from SJ flashback we know he lived with a kind lady at kennel after he's head injury before his stints in juvie. That could have happened after either scenario. And then there's final scenario of sj being the lost grandson of gramps. But unlikely I think because they should recognize him since gramps found SJ not long after his own grandson went missing.

Guest madzior111

new OST

Kwon Sul Il (권순일) [urban Zakapa] - Promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qXGKQorq18
‘Promise’ was written & composed by Donghae

Choi Jin Hyuk (최진혁) - 사랑 도치 (Love Hedgehog)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtH-HqCh5Vs

wowsy..the small world of panda can't get small enough eh..SJ will turn out to be the missing grandson and the son of the pretender/con artist patissier and hyung to Won Yi who's a dongsaeng to Won II, so does that mean Seung Ji and Won II are kinda related too..brothers from a different mother..kekekehmmm..and I wonder when and how they'll have that "paper" on which panda wrote the song lyrics turn up, that's the trio's only link to each other right - they are the only ones who knows the words by heart..I mean, Seung Ji doesn't speak of them out loud in public and he probably doesn't realize that its a song, but rather the words sticks to him like a soothing inspiration and encouragement becoz it calms him down and help him focus..he doesn't remember any of his childhood experience, so with just a few eps left, how will they make him remember.. ^_^

Guest Asianatic

@raky
Ahhhhh.......the sweet small world of little panda. I love the way she inspires her hedgehog. Even the song she taught him has become his calming and focussing mantra.  Can't wait for Hedgehog to find out that he was the one little Panda was waiting for all this time. Panda and Hedgehog are so cute.....they make me happy with their pure souls. Donghae has a great screen presence. Soulful eyes and a delicate face the camera loves. I liked him a lot in Skip Beat. I found Siwon very bland and boring next to him. But Donghae......there's a lot going on underneath the nice guy persona. He is a deep one. BTW....I can't stand Super Junior .....LOL. Love the leading lady. Usually I don't care for the cutesy type......but as Panda she's so naturally cute......I feel like an indulgent grandma......What I like best about her was she was kind to two sad lonely boys.....and later she is instrumental in them becoming friends. I am really enjoying this sweet little drama.And how awesome are the Won siblings?!!.   Love the actor who plays the grandpa.....what a gifted actor. 

Asianatic said: @raky
Ahhhhh.......the sweet small world of little panda. I love the way she inspires her hedgehog. Even the song she taught him has become his calming and focussing mantra.  Can't wait for Hedgehog to find out that he was the one little Panda was waiting for all this time. Panda and Hedgehog are so cute.....they make me happy with their pure souls. Donghae has a great screen presence. Soulful eyes and a delicate face the camera loves. I liked him a lot in Skip Beat. I found Siwon very bland and boring next to him. But Donghae......there's a lot going on underneath the nice guy persona. He is a deep one. BTW....I can't stand Super Junior .....LOL. Love the leading lady. Usually I don't care for the cutesy type......but as Panda she's so naturally cute......I feel like an indulgent grandma......What I like best about her was she was kind to two sad lonely boys.....and later she is instrumental in them becoming friends. I am really enjoying this sweet little drama.And how awesome are the Won siblings?!!.   Love the actor who plays the grandpa.....what a gifted actor. 

Archived