Kim Min Jong 김민종

ay_link

Credit and thanks to MJnet, my dear chingu for the English translation

News: Kim Min Jong: Through “Gentleman’s Dignity”, I found back my name, isn’t it?

Reporter: Through “Gentleman’s Dignity”, you welcomed your 2nd golden period, did you feel that popularity in reality?

KMJ: I thought to myself when did I ever had the 1st golden period, but there were many people who said like that, so I felt the burden. In the past, there were some teens who called me Kim Jong Min, but through this project, I found back my name and I felt very happy (laugh). Not long ago when we 4 men were at Hongdae filming together, there were crowds of teens gathering around us and cheered for our every move. We were also very surprised at such situation, so we took video of it in our vehicle. I felt once again the feeling I experienced long time ago when doing singer activities, so I felt great happiness.

Reporter: What do you think is Choi Yoon’s charisma?

KMJ: Initially I had a hard time thinking whether I should act that character as an agonised person. Although Choi Yoon received complete love from friend’s sister but he can’t bear his late wife and mother-in-law, it is a character with complex feelings. But at filming set, director wanted it to be bright and interesting. So although he has a painful past, but when together with friends, he is cheerful and funny, I think that is his charisma.

Reporter: Jang Dong Gun, Lee Jong Hyuk and Kim Soo Ro, among the actors, you are the only single one. In regard to the 4 characters’ lives, do you have the same sentiments?

KMJ: When doing one’s work, at the same time gathering with friends and living together. To the men, isn’t it a dream that one will think of at least once? I also said this often to my friends in my daily life, “even if after marriage, we should built a house in outer city and live together.” I do not know whether because I am still immature that I still think of living such romantic life. My spiritual age seemed like still at early to mid-twenties (laugh).

Reporter: In the drama, Choi Yoon married  friend’s sister, Meari who is also 17 years younger. If this is real life situation?

KMJ: If it were me, I will be different from Choi Yoon, I will choose my friend. It is friend’s precious sister whom he treasured like his daughter, in real life isn’t this very difficult? In real life, such big age  gap situation, I will at first hand not involved in such situation. In the drama, the marriage is romance to the forties, isn’t it?
Im Tae San who thought of the good for his sister and Choi Yoon who begged for marriage, the tears welled up in Tae san’s eyes, at the same time feeling pain for his friend, he scolded with his tears flowing.

Reporter: Among the characters, if you have a chance to choose again?

KMJ: Besides Kim Do Jin (Jang Dong Gun), I think I can do well for the rest of the characters. Do Jin has too many dialogue lines, it is very tiring. If I can choose again, I think I will still choose Choi Yoon, but if that is not possible, Tae San is also very charismatic. Originally, author Kim Eun Sook suggested me to take on Lee Jong Luk’s role but I played comedy character in my previous work “Athena” so I did not want to do it again. In actual fact, I have not completely got myself out of “Choi Yoon”, so I did not think of other characters. Although now everything has ended, there is still a lot of longingness in my heart.

Reporter: How was working with love comedy author, Kim Eun Sook and Director Shin Woo Chul?

KMJ: Director Shin was very detailed and spent a lot of efforts on the tone of our dialogue lines and the actors’ eye expressions. Actually, all 4 of us each have our own acting experiences and confidence but towards half of the project, all of us felt great anxiety. We cannot get a single dialogue line wrongly, all must be done accurately, so everyone really put in a lot of homework on the script. In later part, Jang Dong Gun even had anxiety disorder due to the dialogue lines. After we finished our dialogue lines, if there is any to add on, we will also add in ad lib lines once or twice. But the dialogue lines must be done in accordance to the script, only then the feelings are right.

Reporter: In this project, like adding in  the main theme song for drama “Feel” and “Beautiful Pain” which were songs during your singer activities, do you have plans to release album?

KMJ: My desire for music is great but there is still some timidity. Also, there is pressure to attend TV programs. I need to build up confidence in myself, but currently there isn’t. Honestly, there was plan to use a new song but instead, we quickly made a new music arrangement for the song “Beautiful Pain” and I sung it again. I have not been to the recording studio for a long time, I could not adjust to it. Because of the filming schedules, I done recording for the song in one hour. Seeing those male staffs who still remember my old songs, I was so surprised. Music indeed gave us the strength of nostalgia.

Reporter: Marriage plan. If you have to choose your ideal partner from the 4 women in the drama?

KMJ: Sometimes I thought of marriage but I felt marriage is not something that I myself can work very hard to complete it. I do not have a clear thinking set of my ideal type. In the drama, like Yi Soo who is honest in her life and cheerful type of woman is good, the arrogance of sportswoman Hong Sera was good too. Like elder woman, Park Min Sook could also be someone’s once dream. Meari’s adorable and cheerful look is also good. So maybe that is why I still can’t get married (laugh). I am thinking if I meet someone this year, I must get married next year?

Reporter: Recently you became external director of SM C&C which manages production of video content. What is your future plans?

KMJ: In 2007 when I did not have any agency, there was introduction from someone I known, also the fact that Kangta was close friends with Boss, Lee Soo Man so I got into SM Entertainment Agency. In SM’s ranking order, I am the lowest, but as an actor, I am a long time senior. In terms of SM doing drama, movie and musicals, I can make good use of my network with outside actors/actresses and authors, I can play a good role in this aspect. Currently the drama “For you who is beautiful” is the first project, although I still have a lot of longingness for “Gentleman’s Dignity”, but the role was unique and good, so I will vacant my heart and get into it.

News link:
http://www.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20120820019008

SSI_20120819192031_V.jpg

Guest Yoonie1430291685

@im_cun: about the drama "teacher on island", sorry, I watched it on TV, so I don't have the CD version of it :(

Everyone, I heard my friend said that Min Jong oppa will appear on the drama "to the beautiful you" as cameo (!!!). Don't know it exactly true or not, I'll ask and confirm later :D

News link:
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201208200536171110&ext=na

Kim Min Jong “I felt pressured acting love story with Meari.”

Kim Min Jong felt hard to leave the character “Choi Yoon”.

Recently we met Kim Min Jong at SM agency company which is situated in Seoul’s Chondamdong. Gaining both good ratings and spotlight, success of fashionable drama and Choi Yoon who received love from viewers, Kim Min Jong could not conceal his happiness.

“Yesterday I watched the last episode. I still felt the aftertaste. Seemed like it is not that easy to leave the character, Choi Yoon. Especially after all has ended, I still did not feel the reality and I am living with the aftertaste these days.

Just like what was designed for Choi Yoon, it was the love story with Meari. 17 years younger and friend’s sister, these facts did not stop their love story. Like a love story not quite possible in reality, even the viewers can share the same sentiments with “Yoon & Meari” couple.

“Love story with Meari?” Acting love story with young friend, I felt pressured, isn’t it?

I have not acted melodrama for a long time, I felt unnatural. Especially love story with young friend, I felt pressured. I cannot accept unnatural acting. At the bridge when I touched Meari’s hair, I NG many times. I can’t adjust to it and I was very angry with myself too. As I tried to get closer to the character, Choi Yoon, towards half of the drama, only then I was able to act my feelings comfortably.

Was that the reason? When Kim Min Jong said during reporters’ meeting that this couple has no kissing scenes, he showed adorable dissatisfaction and raised media’s attention. Let’s hear Kim Min Jong’s thoughts.

“That time the atmosphere of the reporters’ meeting was too serious, I said that as a joke to make the atmosphere interesting. If Choi Yoon and Meari has deep love acting scenes, they might not received love from viewers like now. Adorable and interesting look is this couple’s special feature and advantage. If we showed strong love scenes like traditional melodrama, then those viewers who like purity will be strongly against it.

News link:
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201208200536161118&ext=na

Through this drama, Kim Min Jong brought laughter to the viewers. Serious and at same time cheerful-looking Choi Yoon gave viewers the strength of happiness. Especially the dance performed in front of Girls’ Generation Soo Young, he gave viewers big laughter.

“The author is a bit annoying”(laugh). I am friends with Soo Young and she asked me to dance in front of her, that was tough. When I read the script, I saw the line “Choi Yoon who suddenly danced in front of Soo Young”, I felt like there was an earthquake in my head. If I go filming without any preparation, I will be in big trouble. So I visited Girls’ Generation dance team and received some advice.

I never thought “Put down your hand” scene will be so popular.”

I never thought “Put down your hand” scene will received so much attention. Once at SM’s art exhibition photo taking session, Dong bang Shinki, Super Junior and Girls’ Generation all came. These friends shouted: “Yooni Oppa is here. Put down your hand”. Everyone were closely watching the drama, I felt very happy. Actually if during that scene, Meari did not cried that hard, the impact would not be so great, isn’t it?”

Besides “Put down your hand”, “Gentleman’s Dignity” has many uncountable “Best scenes”. Especially the prologues which showed deep friendship of the 4 men received great response from viewers. Kim Min Jong selected the funeral scene as the most unforgettable scene.

“All prologues were interesting. Among them , the toughest and saddest scene was the funeral scene. That time all actors and staffs were very tired, moreover it was an emotional scene, we started the filming with a heavy heart. The filming began at midnight and finished in morning. Behind me, all 3 men cried at the same time, I felt it was not acting but real feelings, so I also unknowingly felt saddened. When filming ended, the atmosphere felt so heavy and serious. That time the memory was deepest in my mind.

In the drama, 4 men had baseball competitions regularly. Baseball is a medium that greatly strengthened the friendship of 4 men. Kim Min Jong played a very good thrower with professional level of skills in the drama. Kim Min Jong who does not play baseball in his daily life had to work hard in this aspect.

“The director said I had to play baseball very well.  I felt I must learnt it well. So I approached Toosan baseball team’s player, Kim Sun Woo whom I know and received some coaching. After working hard, I gradually gained confidence in making the pose and throwing the ball. I wanted to do well but my shoulder was hurt, that was a pity. I seemed to be getting better and better in baseball. Jang Dong Gun’s throwing pose is also very good. (laugh)

“It’s really been long time since I received such popularity.”

In the drama, the song “Beautiful Pain” was played. This song was representative song of Kim Min Jong’s singing period, in the drama “Gentleman’s Dignity”, this song was given new life again.

“I felt very good that my song was played in the drama. There was also some happenings. In between filming schedules, I was being chased to go into the recording studio. I received strength from that. Fortunately I had great love for the song “Beautiful Pain” so I was able to do it well with much satisfaction and finished the recording job. If it had been a new song, I did not think I would be able to do it. Because even the people I know knew this song, I felt this song will be well-received. The happiest thing was even the young people who does not know this song also said it is a great song, being able to receive such a good response, I felt great happiness.”

In actual fact, Kim Min Jong is a highly popular singer who has sung many famous songs like “The sad path to heaven” and “Good Love”. His exceptionally high popularity in the past, not even the current idols can be compared to. Because of that, he felt very good that he will not be called “Kim Jong Min” again. But Choi Yoon’s popularity is higher than he thought.

“Once we went to Hongdae for filming, we  4 men were surrounded by the fans and they cheered for us loudly. It was great happiness that I have not experienced for so long time . Especially the elderly also followed the teens and called me “Yooni Oppa”. Maybe it was because Meari called me that way. Everyone were watching me closely, I felt whether I should change my name (to Kim Yoon), I felt so thankful.”

Guest keosua

@im_cun: " @keosua thanks for the translation .. are you the one translate it ? hope can share more of the translation here since so many of us did not understand hangul .. thanks again"
I am sorry im_cun, I am not the one who translated that news, the news was from the news link marked as "source", sorry :-)
Nice week to you All...

@im_cun ha3 i wish i can join u guys in exchanging CDs but i have no CDs to exchange :-(

He'll cameo in TTBY?i dont want to watch it since i really like the taiwanese ver.with ella n wu zhun..im afraid ill b disappointed but since he'll b on it i guess ill watch his cut ;-)

Hey did u guys know the drama KMJ acted as doctor?i cnt rmmber the tittle correctly...i love u?or just love...anybody knows about it?the storyline etc or the link 2 watch?the other hero in the drama is choi su jong (if im not mistaken)

News link:
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201208200536521112&ext=na

Kim Min Jong: “Looking at Jang Dong Gun, I also want to have my own kids.”

“In the past, I thought of marriage before but right now, the mind about marriage is vacant. But I want  to have my own kids very much. At filming set when I see Dong Gun talking to his kid on the phone, I felt emotional about it. Soo Ro received calls from his wife and Jong Hyuk often brought his wife to the filming set. I also want to quickly meet my marriage fate at a time when I can make a firm decision.

From various points, ‘Gentleman’s Dignity” is a project that gave Kim Min Jong very deep meaning. In the interview, he revealed the behind story how he finally acted the role of “Choi Yoon”.

‘When the author gave me the script, she gave me two roles, Choi Yoon and Lee Jong Hyuk to choose from. I was thinking that I wanted to do this project with a happy mood, “Athena” character has similarities with Lee Jung Luk so I was also thinking of acting that role. But in my mind, I actually wanted to do “Choi Yoon”, but if I have to act “Lee Jung Lok”, I can also do it happily and with confidence. But in the end, I still chose Choi Yoon. Now, I felt I acted Choi Yoon well. This character would remain in my heart for long, long time.

“My first project at the age of entering forties, I kept my own promise.”

Kim Min Jong who is still feeling the aftertaste of the drama, could not conceal his strong desire towards “Gentleman’s Dignity” Part 2.

“Personally I wished to continue the current chemistry of the drama, to continue this aftertaste. That was why between ourselves we talked about making this into a movie. But it is not the spirits of the actors that can make this a success, only author Kim Eun Sook can achieve that. If to make Part two or to make a movie of it, there should be some more content that we can show.”

Talking about the last episode scenario, I asked Kim Min Jong whether he felt sad that there was a scene about his eyesight has become poor (presbyopia)”  

Kim Min Jong replied that in actual fact, he is  suffering from presbyopia. He gave his answer so squarely and openly, I was still having my doubts but he added on saying because of this, he really connected with the character, Choi Yoon.

“Usually my eyesight is good but now, presbyopia has reached me. (laugh) I never talked about this with author, Kim Eun Sook but the script came out this way, I was so surprised. I have to eat blueberries and I intend to consult an opthamologist. I read the script and from it, I received hope to recover.

Kim Min Jong who does not look matching with presbyopia is a natural-born actor who maintained regular healthy habits. He revealed his secret to his health maintenance habits.

“I do regular exercises in my daily life. Since young I have been doing it. Doing something which I can keep maintaining. If I do not do it, I felt uneasy. I personally want to recommend foot bath. Doing foot bath for 15-20 minutes, then do exercise. In this way,  sweat from within the deep parts of the body will secrete out.

“Gentleman’s Diginity” is the first project that Kim Min Jong kept his own promise. Doing this project, not just in acting aspect, but in outer appearance, he also did his best. Therefore, Choi Yoon was able to shine even much brighter, isn’t it?

“Doing this project and keeping my own promise, I felt very good. The first project when I stepped into the age of 40, in the past I was unable to decline drinking dates with friends the night before filming and that is being irresponsible to the filming set. So for this project, I made a promise with myself that “never drink the night before filming”. Meeting this project and making this responsible promise, I kept this promise right till the end. Being able to keep tight to my own promise, from this aspect, this is a project which is a big turning point for me. And able to receive so much love from the viewers, this is considered nutritious fertilizer for my future as an actor, the aftertaste is uniquely deep. It seemed not easy to release myself from the character, so I am just enjoying this at the moment.

News link:
http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20120819_0011375428&cID=10602&pID=10600

Kim Min Jong: “Compared to marriage, the desire for his son is more earnest.”

“The child-like and beautiful love story between Choi Yoon and Meari, viewers has also felt its beauty. Some time ago I said I felt pity that there were no kissing scenes with Meari, but if there were more such scenes at the ending part, it will cause bad feeling among viewers. At most, it is kissing on the cheeks and holding hands. So, the lovely and interesting love story was born this way.” Kim Min Jong said with satisfaction.

Acting with Yoon Ji Ni who is in her twenties and able to receive love from the viewers is considered a success but the progress was not easy. Because Kim Min Jong’s role as “Choi Yoon” has to pull along the character, Meari, acted by Yoon Ji Ni who is doing her first project.

“Meari is newcomer, so every time she had NG, she worried whether the staff will be annoyed with her. Seeing her during filming looking worried and troubled, I gave her some advice saying: “You must know accurately who you are fighting with. When there is an NG, just say sorry loudly to the staffs, act dignifiedly, in this way you will receive love from the viewers. When NG happens, there is no one among the staff who would dislike you. Everyone is here to help you do well. After saying that, she said sorry in a dignified manner. Even the director laughingly said she looked cute. After about 4 episodes, she acted very well.”

Kim Min Jong said: “At the filming set, there were not much personal talk. Yoon Ji Ni is well-mannered and quiet. Before filming starts, she is busy reading script. Although it was her first project but towards half of the drama, her crying acting was also good. If this was not done well, the viewers might feel irritated by this character. She gave lively, cute and pretty acting.”Kim Min Jong said with much gratitude..

The scene that gave deepest impression was asking for Im Tae San’s consent to be with Meari. “To Choi Yoon, his friend’s consent was the most important thing, Choi Yoon even knelt down on his knees. Bringing Meari to Im Tae San’s front, it was so sad. In Choi Yoon’s situation, he has to in a dignified manner, hold onto Meari who is leaving, his tears flowed uncontrollably.

“Holding back my tears and putting my mind in place took about 20 mins. Also, I requested Soo Ro not to put in any feelings, just match the dialogue lines. Making that earnest request in front of a friend, I felt I lowered down my confidence. Saying sorry to my friend and at the same time asking for his younger sister, it was too sad.” Kim Min Jong said honestly.

Close friend’s sister, holding the pain for his late wife in his heart, can Choi Yoon really love Meari in reality? “Love with someone with such big age gap should be blissful. But if it is friend’s sister, I think it is not possible to get close. Later in the “Special” episode, just like what Soo Ro brother said that he would not be able to give away his sister, so I will just spend my life in pain. But if it is not friend’s sister but simply big age gap and a girl like Meari appears, I will act in a rejecting manner but really how to reject? HaHa.” Kim Min Jong made fun and laughed.

Kim Min Jong is the only single unmarried one among the 4 men who acted in the drama. “Some time back I went to Jang Dong Gun’s son’s birthday party, for a split moment, I thought of marriage. Because of that, when I saw him in the program “Hanbam’s TV”, when he showed his son’s photo, I also thought of getting married. There was once I had a dream, I dreamt my son appeared in my dream calling me “Abba (Father)”. He wore a mask, I can only see his eyes and nose, that dream seemed so real. Although the dream was 6 months ago, but that voice was still on my mind. Marriage is still marriage, but I want to see my kids. I have big curiosity about my second generation.”

Guest Chubby Cinnamon

Anyong MJ fans,

@Kay  I really have no idea whether that DVD shop is reliable or not.  Sorry about that.  For the drama you mentioned, it's called "Did u ever love?" (1999).  KMJ played as a doctor.  It's interesting but nowhere to find the drama :(    I think, the leading actress here "Lee Sueng Yun" is his ex-girlfreind.  So jealousy though they break up at last ><

Watch OST MV performed by KMJ

watch?v=zWq8wjx8Q2M&feature=relmfu

Details

• Title: 사랑하세요? /
  • Also known as: Did You Ever Love
  • Genre:
  • Episodes: 36
  • Broadcast network: KBS2
  • Broadcast period: 1999-Nov-20 to 2000-Mar-19
  • Air time: Saturday & Sunday 7:50 PM

Guest Chubby Cinnamon

This is the foto of KMJ & Lee Sueng Yun when they were still dating.  LSY is 2y older than him.   I got this pic from this forum from jojo.

LSY also played nudity in some movie called "Comfort woman" and played with Jae Hee in 3 iron.

MJ--LSY-01.jpg

Guest Chubby Cinnamon

I came to see Jang Dong Gun's soompi forum to check his popularity after AGD.  It happens that JDG's forum is surprisingly very silent!  How comes for a great & high-profile Kactor like him???? while KMJ's forum is getting hot now :D.

Does this mean Min Jong Oppa steal the show from Dong Gun Oppa ;)

@kesf  @Im   Thanks for your KMJ fotos ... very handsome & gorgeous  I save all these pix :)

Guest Yoonie1430291685

@chubby: hi there. I'm watching Bimil now. Damn! He's so hot in it! :)) He slapping Ha Ji Won when she slapped him first impressed me so hard! I was like "did he just slap her? Did he?" and then he punched Ryu Si Won right on the face! Seems very violent, hah? :)) but I don't know why I like him even better since then. I love that kind of man!He was physically strong and manly and straightforward!

And when I heard him said to Kim Ha Nuel: "the company will be ok without you. But....I cannot" then held her in his arms! Wow! How romantic it was!!! :x :x :x

Thank you for introducing me such a great drama of Min Jong oppa, and thank you @kaykafisyah for letting me know the website to watch it :)

@im_cun

Good news!!!  The YT link that @Rachel posted in which Min Jong sang live, well, after going through hundreds of files and folders,

almost to the end, I found this variety show.  The whole show is 52 mins and there is no English subtitle.

Please let me know whether you still want to see it.