Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Song IL-Kook talks with CampusLife

10-April-2012

Let’s Explore the Historic Places that Energize Young Hearts!

6920313224_8ac39ee29a_o.jpg

- Cheongsanri Historic Trek goes to Anti-Japan historic site of Goguryeo Balhae and Mt. Baekdu. This will be a tour for 11 days and 10 nights. How will we let the younger generation participate?

▲Cheongsanri Historic Trek is being organized by ‘General Kim Jwa-Jin Memorial Society’. The motive of the initiation was influenced by my mother (Kim Eul-Dong). As my mother has been involved with the Society, I have been very interested in its activities as a son. It is my intention that the younger generation will learn about the importance of the country, nation, and the patriotism and the spirit of the love of the nation from this historic walk-a-thon. It will be great if they can fan out the spirit and thus making Korean stronger when they come back from it.

This year will be the eleventh event. I participated as a captain in the 1st event but had to skip from the 2nd through the 5th events due to my acting career. I re-started going back from the 6th event and on. Honestly, I felt really good after the 1st participation. I think I grew up during that time.

7066392273_1f7ee7e214_o.jpg - You said you grew up through that Historic Trek. What kind of an experience was it?

▲When I came back from the 1st event, I was in my early thirties. It was the time I was thinking about my life very seriously and, after that Historic Trek, I made up my mind in how to lead my life.

One of the things I remember from the Historic Trek is the importance of the national flag. Once, when we went up on Mt. Baekdu, we had an experience of getting the flag robbed. The Public Security Bureau of China confiscated the flag. We stayed up all night trying to recover the flag. And, eventually, we got it back and all of us cried embracing with the children in the bus. We felt the importance of the country from a real-life experience rather than from a book. It was not only me but the children who experienced the same feeling. Thinking about it now, it still feels very touching. What I was thinking at that time was I had a sense of insecurity even when my country was strongly established but what it would be like being an independence activist without the country he belonged to? It would have been very tough.

That woke me up in realizing the seriousness of my life. And, when I went there every year, it gave me different feelings. I come back from that event with a new resolution every year.

- The meaning is greater than what I thought. It goes the same for the consciousness about the history, and I heard it was different this year.

▲The scale of this year’s Historic Trek got bigger. It looks like the addition of the singer Kim Jang Hoon will make the event even more meaningful. This year will be the 20th anniversary of Korea-China diplomatic treaty. That is the reason I am thinking about organizing a college students’ concert at the end of the event. I expect that will be a vehicle in disseminating the historical meaning of it. We have reduced the students’ participation fees. 500,000 Won was required to enter the event last year but it will be free this year. We would like to have many college students to participate in this event. I for sure am going to join, too.

- You seem to be very attached to Cheongsanri Historic Trek.

▲The Historic Trek is more of a responsibility than a choice for me. For the 9th event, as we did not even have a month left for the opening of our drama, all of us the cast and the crew participated in the event together. We rehearsed during the trip. It was more fitting as the content of the drama was about the independence activists of Korea. I thought we could gain even more from the journey. It was a big decision of the president of the theatrical company. I would like to thank all the actors and the staff.

201241017256%5B2%5D.jpg
Actor Song Il-Kook has been participating in the annual
Cheongsanri Historic Trek spending 11 days and 10 nights with college students.
Photograph by Jong Oh Kim

-We can consider Cheongsanri Historic Trek as a project in raising the level of the college students’ historical awareness. Did you see the future of the country in them?

▲When I meet with them I get to believe the future of Korea is very bright. In fact, I feel it a lot when I visit Goguryeo historic site. The name of Korea in English language was based on the name Goguryeo. However, that Goguryeo is trying to become part of Chinese history now. It looks more serious than I thought when I visit China. When I see the college students who feel sorry about this and realize what they need to do during the trek, I get to think we have a bright future. 

7066392361_7eb3e3acb1_o.jpg - We are curious about your college days’ life. What kind of a student were you?

▲Actually, my twenties were a series of being lost. But that experience has become a big foundation in my acting career. Being lost in life provided me with a solid foundation (laughter).

I went to college as a Drama and Cinema student but my childhood dream major was an art. But I could not connect to that department. Somebody advised me to join the Drama and Cinema department and study the staging art for dramas. At that time, that field was a blue ocean. As they told me the department of Drama and Cinema was promising I got into there. I passed the entrance exam on my first trial. Maybe, becoming an actor was my destiny. But the college life was much different from what I expected. As I was not interested in my major, I was wandering and felt lost. 

- Looking at what you are right now, it’s unbelievable that you squandered around during your college days in your twenties. Then, how did you become the actor Song Il-Kook of today?

▲I happened to visit the filming studio of ‘Tears of the dragon’ and what the actor Yoo Dong-Geun told me directed me into my acting career. Then, I passed MBC’s open recruitment for actors and started my life as an actor.

Passing the open recruitment is not a sure way of becoming an actor. The starting actors at that time had 1 to 2-year contracts for monthly payments for working as actors. During the open recruitment probation period, we took the roles comparable to those of extras’. And, when the probation period was over, we practically became freelancers.

The idea of freelancer might sound good but the problem was getting a role was very difficult without the name recognition. So was I. There were times I could not get a single role for 1 year. I spent 6 or 7 years just like that. I still believe, during those times, I did not waste my time but gained my experience and knowledge by taking up all those small roles.

- Those days of minor roles became the foundation of what you are as an actor today. Then, what drama do you remember from that time?

▲That was what earned me the "Rookie of The Year" award. Just like to everyone, the chance for that award is once in your life. In that regard, I still remember it.

The other theatrical drama is “I Am You” which is what I did recently. That woke me up as an actor. I did a double role in there. Thinking about a hero, we tend to think of the hero himself only but becoming one is impossible without the support from his family behind him. Same was the case of ‘Patriot Ahn Jung Geun’. What I learned from that drama was his family was unbelievable.

- What moved you so much?

▲The last line in that drama was like this. “For whom and why did you desert your own family?" Asked the son of Patriot Ahn Jung Geun. Then he says like this, “For you, yourself.” It is short but significant. That line really hit me hard. It is hard for people to understand the hidden pain of the independence activists’ families. They have the most pain. But, as their sacrifice was for the country, it becomes the fame to their descendants in the future. I am not sure if you can feel this or not but it really touched my heart very well.

6920313486_9e25d12fe8_o.jpg
- Just by hearing that story, I can feel the other new image of the actor Song Il-Kook. Actually, your image is very good. That is the reason you have been selected as a publicity ambassador so many times.  

▲I am grateful for that. I really appreciate being selected as an ambassador from my image. But, as a matter of a fact, I did not have that many chances compared to other people. The biggest one is the one with the Patriots and Veterans Administration Agency, and I believe that is due to the image of my grandfather’s on my mother’s side. There was an ambassador case for the filming region, too. All is not from my own image (laughter).

- Recently, you became a father of the triplets. You must be happy.

▲I smile often looking at their pictures on my cell phone. The goal of my life is protecting my family that I started. My goals are becoming a good husband and a respectable father. It is hard to express it in numbers but I am good to my family. I enjoy being with my family.

The word family brings up the image of my mother most of the time. I guess I got a great influence from her who is an actress and a senator.

She is not a nagging type. She does things herself and shows it by her action. I used to blame her when I was a young kid. Once our family had a hard time when we were establishing the memorial society. We were close to getting evicted from our rental place. You can imagine how much I blamed her when I was a premature kid. But, now, probably as I am more mature, I am very proud of her. Also, I believe my mother’s strong will made me an actor as I am now.  

- The most recent drama was “Fermentation Family”. That was the first drama filmed by the General Service Channel. How was it?

▲I do not feel anything special as an actor. The filming studio is the same. What is different is what makes an issue. Unless it becomes a big issue, it does not show up on the news. It is good for an actor to be well known. I missed it. As the rating was ‘1%’, many people did not know I was even in that drama. It gave me a totally different feeling compared to Jumong which had a higher than 50% rating (laughter).

- What do you want to say to college students?

▲I guess it is too obvious but I want to say think positive. There is no 100% negativity. What is more precious is what you learn from you failures. We gain more from losing. So was I. It is important to look at the bright side of the things. There is always positive aspect in everything. If you think more about it and act on it, the result will be better.

By KonaBeans via CampusLife, a University Network

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ardent, you can click on the image of Star Express interview to enlarge.
I remember the 2005 interview.  Mother Dragon lost an election and was very depressed.  SIK felt sorry that he did not help her.  That's why SIK took her and his sister to Jeju Island, we have watched the whole program with E-Sub.  7 years later, SIK was determined to help Mother Dragon and it resulted in a victory.

I know you'll get the 700th post, KONA.  That's why I did the 20th post in the previous page.  You deserve it with that worthwhile news about our man.  Thanks for reposting it.

I'm scanning the pages of this forum from day one hoping to retrieve all my poems that I posted here.  When my computer crashed the last time, I lost all my files that contained my works.  Slowly, I am copying them from my multiply site, but the sad thing is multiply is experiencing problems with their servers.  My fear is if they could not fix it, then my site and all its  contents might be lost, too.

What 700th post, Ardent?  We're still on 696th page.  I only top the page with something worthwhile to read... since nobody's competing with me, anyway...  :D

This full article of Campus Life was never posted before.  Only a subset of it.

Please post good old articles, we don't normally go back the pages and reading old news feel like new...

7531714258_f943a5d7bc_o.jpg

Oh, KONA.  I was so focused and excited to reach the 700th page that I thought we're aiming at that already.  Sorry about that, but please don't misunderstood me.  I'm always looking forward to your post topping the page 'cause I know it would always be something new and interesting news.  Regarding the repost that I mentioned, was it not the post you deleted? I just thought I saw it already and had not read it at once.  When I got back the page to read, it was already deleted/changed.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Seriously, I don't want to consider posting here as a competition or whatever.  I like to believe that the reason some members are not posting is because they have no article or news that others would find interesting.  In my case, I post whenever I feel like to.  For fresh news, I'm not good at newshunting  so all I can do is post anything that I think will arouse interest from new members and not the old ones.  Of course, old fans have already read previous articles of SIK.

I guess you're right.  Maybe I should start posting good articles from now on.

Kona and Ardent...i am still reading all your posts here in soompi about SIK....it's been a while...i just don't know about kish and emma, but silver and I are exchanging text messages maybe they are all busy working...so do i. I miss all of you! And SIK! i'll be visiting you guys more often  :D

Guest xiaomeihuili

Hi SIKers!
I only post the translation of this interview.
~X(
There are so many magazines for the releasing of the CS DVDs, but as youknow from the jacket and shirt SIK wears, interviews are almost same.
So I tried to translate the longest one..

LoveTVdramaguide_0304.jpg

LoveTVdramaguide_0506.jpg

After reading the script, I was fascinated by the story.

――― “Crime Squad is a detective drama, which is rare in Korea. It is also a first experience for you, Mr. Song Il Kook, to appear in a detective drama. What is the reason for your decision to appear in this drama?

――― After I’ve got the script and read it on the first time around, I can feel the vivid atmosphere of atrocious crimes. It was really intriguing. And the director was very passionate. So I started wanting to play the role with increasing sence of anticipation while we were talking.

This drama is not simply go into the main story, but depicts the main lead and his relationship with characters around him. And also depicts the people surrounding them. Eerie riddle, puzzle-solving --- this drama developes in a sense of tension, but it also includes a cynical smirk. Performing a plebeian, unrefined crime squad detective, I feel like to bring out my another self that hasn’t been expressed in performing “Jumong”. So I decided to make a challenge.

――― In Japan, this drama has already been broadcasted in some TV startion. I heard that Japanese audiences had a good response.

――― I never expected nor anticipated that “Crime Squad” will attain popularity in Japan. I’m really happy!

This is the drama to which I did my utmost and worked most hard, but in Korea the viewer ratings were not so good and I’ve been feeling really sorry.

(with saying this, he looks intently at the picture of the Japanese version DVD) This Japanese version poster is strange ---- Is it re-designed in Japan?

Nice! (laugh) I don’t remember the poster shooting like this in Korea, so I wonder that there is a new edited version.

Ah, sorry. I veered the subject. (laugh)

――― Take your time, it’s OK. (laugh) From your point of view, Il Kook ssi, what kind of a person is this main character Park Se-hyuk?

――― Se-hyuk was an ordinary school teacher. But he happened to be at the site of the arrest of a criminal of a case and got involved in that ancident and lost his only daughter Hae-in. This accident triggers him to become a detective.

Ostensibly his conduct is bright and cheerful, but when he is alone, he has to fight the unescapable emotional pain ---- very lonely man. So the inner acting was very important.

Though he is a rough-mannered and harsh detective, his heart is still pure like the time when he was a school teacher before he lost Hae-in. For this reason, he understands the pain of victims better than anyone, wants to bring the whole truth to light with the best of his ability and did a rule-ignoring investigation without hesitation.

The only time he gets solace is the time he talks to the photograph of his deceased daughter in the charnel, where the Buddhist memorial tablet and relics of his daughter are niched. To tell the truth, I could not sympathyze with Se-hyuk easily, but when I shot the scene thinking about the daughter in the charnel, I felt the sadness piercing to my heart and I wailed. Until now I’ve played various roles, but it was the first time for me to cry in all seriousness like that.

――― In this drama, there are so many action and running scenes, how did you prepare for that beforehand?

――― I did not do the special training or preparation. Because he is not an elite detective and not a hard-boiled type, but very unrefined character. I thought that he is only struggling through the day, and is casual who lives in the same clothing everyday…(laugh)

Honestly speaking, I placed a special emphasis on the visual appearance of the characters that I played until now, but this time I wanted to play the detective Se-hyuk, who has strong body and mind. So I specially concentrated on how I show his inner side.

――― To prepare for this role, you actually worked in Seoul Gang-nam Police Station, I heard. But it appears to be true that the shooting was very hard one ---

――― I really worried because this is totally the opposite type of character, and is different from characters that I’ve been played until now. But accordingly I had a firm resolve to prepare more for the role, to bear the cold weather, and to persevere the fierce action.

To prepare for this drama, I did one night watch from the evening till next morning, but that night was very chilly quiet night and no case occurred. However real-life detectives had very tough time. Especially mentally, not physically---- I realized that this kind of work cannot be done without a strong sense of vocation and commitment of their family.

I thoroughly prepared not to bother them on that night, but maybe it was too cold, fortunately there was no case occurred.

At first, I was disappointed a little, but I think about that night now, conversely it was very meaningful for me to understand detectives’ pain and suffering. I’ve heard a story from one detective who always bring with him a photograph of corpse on the site, of which the case has already resolved. He said that he brings the photograph with him not to forget the anger he felt on that case.

Only because of that night of my duty was quiet night, I could hear the precious story that we can’t hear on ordinary day. And from hearing that story, I got the thought of responsibility, not simply a fear or an anger.

――― How was the shooting actually?

――― I wanted to restart with a rookie heart, and did my best for the play. But after all I played cheerfully all the time, by the support of enthusiasm from the director and all the staffs.

I usually arrive at the site 30 minutes before the start of shooting and had some talk with lighting staffs and the director. But this custom bothered Ms. Song Ji-hyo a lot. Actresses took more time to make-up and hair-styling than male actors. So though Ji-hyo ssi was not late, but because I arrived at the site too early the atmosphere of the site became odd ---- (laugh)

――― Ah, there was such an episode (laugh) Then, what is the most unforgettable scene?

――― The most impressive scene is the scene of the charnel where the relics of deceased daughter are niched. I still remember the pain of my heart which I felt when I played in that place.

――― In this drama, there are some scenes in which Se-hyuk suffered the sorrow for the loss of his daughter. Recently Il Kook ssi became a father of triplets, is there any influence on your performance by that?

――― After I became a father, I think I can understand a little how sad and how hard to lose a child is. In the scene of thinking about the daughter, I cried for real.

Before I got my own children, to express the sadness of it for real is quite difficult, I think.

――― It seems that to become a father is different. Do you feel your babies sweet?

――― I think I am the first (Korean) talent to become a daddy of triplets. I am very happy.

――― This drama include not only mystery solving but also various pieces. Please tell us the highlight of your choice and hardships during the shooting period.

――― In this drama, various people’s past and human relationship will be revealed. Love, hatred and trauma --- I have to express these sadness without a single word, so every scene was hard for me.

In former interviews, many questions were about the action scene. I’ve been playing action scenes in dramas before, so I didn’t worry about the action, but actually there were more hard action scenes than other dramas. (laugh) In Korea, there are few detective dramas, so I played the role with hoping the audiences will enjoy this drama.

――― With Ms. Song Ji-hyo, it is a co-play after “Jumong”, how was it?

――― I was happy to make a drama with her. Just between ourselves, actresses are susceptible and have sensitive parts, so while shooting I was bewildered often. But Ji-hyo ssi is lively and cheerful, and has a lot of guts. And mannish at times. (laugh) I think she is an actress who is cheerful and warm, tough on the other hand, and has guts.

――― Wordplys between you and Lee Jong-hyuk (played Se-hyuk’s superior Il-do), Kim Joon (played Se-hyuk’s junior Dong-jin) were very unique, too. Please tell us some episodes.

――― Mr. Lee Jong-hyuk has an attractive conversation skills and trusted theatrical skills, so he was the “face” of the Crime Squad shooting site. He made the site cheerful at any time, and was an indispensable person of the site. Though his first impression was somewhat cold, actually he is quite funny.

As for Mr. Kim Joon, though he is an idol, he worked hard to be an actor, and performed his role really well.

I think the teamwork with the characters was an important axis of the drama. We made a good balance with the shooting team as well, and by the support of players who shared the same hardships and all the staffs, I could have a good time during the shooting.

――― Taking part in “Crime Squad” and played Park Se-hyuk, what did you acquire?

――― I took part in the drama “A Man Called God” the year before last year. It was a drama based on the popular comic and got high expectations, or because the original comic’s visual was too strong, I’m afraid that I could not satisfy the audiences.

Looking back to that time from now, I worried about my appearance, eyes from other person, too much and couldn’t concentrate on the performances.

After that, I challenges the theatrical play. It was too hard a role for the first challenger of a theatrical platform. It must be terrible for everyone to challenge a never-experiencing new field, but in order to recover my confidence, which is lost in “A Man Called God”, and to grasp “something” was a matter of necessity for me.

As it was not an easy challenge, I had been worrying until the start of the play, therefore I experienced a sense of fulfillment to achieve it.

I concentrated all my thoughts on one line or one glance, thought about the origin of performance, gradually it triggered me to re-make my resolution to the performance.

It was the time when I felt that I was reaching to a turning point, I received the offer to take part in “Crime Squad”.

After I’ve read the script only once, I decided to accept this drama. Not the content of the drama alone, but the attraction of the character “Park Se-hyuk”, my role, was very big.

Futhermore, I can feel the passion of the director. Through the drama “Crime Squad”, I myself can think more about my performance in future. No matter how the rates was, I got satisfaction in my own way.

――― Finally the DVDs will be released. Please tell us how to enjoy “Crime Squad” and the highlights of the drama.

――― This is a story about the hatred and sorrow of criminal victims, which come to a socially issue, but as for Se-hyuk himself is a most cheerful character I ever played. (laugh) In an investigation, he shows his acute sensitivity, but usually he has somewhat poor side like a person who gets a screw loose, and is an attractive person with interesting character.

Though he is a detective, he is a familiar person like your friends or your neighborhoods. To make a more familiar detective drama for the audiences, the director and the staffs did their best and devoted all their energy. So if the audiences watch this drama happily, we are happy.

To make one drama, it is not only by the effort of myself, but the staffs and the actors have to join together. This drama gave me a good opportunity for me to think about the work as an actor again.

So I have a special feeling to this drama. This drama gave me a precious time to get a lot of experiences.

――― You experienced the role as a detective, please tell us what role or genre do you want to play, hereafter.

――― Now I don’t have a decided project. I’m very busy on caring for my children --- (laugh) I don’t know that will be a theatrical play or a drama yet.

“Crime Squad” was popular among the audiences by its speedy unfolding of the story and its beautiful images, but I can’t say it was a smash hit, so I’m still feel sorry about it.

But I could take part in the drama with happy feeling and could have a splendid time. I want to encounter a drama like this again.

――― There are a lot of fans waiting for you to come to Japan, what is your impression about Japanese fans?

――― I meet Japanese fans not so often, but I feel they are very passionate. I received a presents from their hearts and I also feel their love from their letters. I really appreciate them from my heart.

――― Before ending this interview, please send a message to Japanese fans.

――― “Crime Squad” is a detective story with its attractive point of full sense of speed. And we are proud of the beautiful images by using the most advenced camera, too. Different from my play in “Jumong”, I’ll show you various expressions and performances. This drama wouldn’t disappoint you. Please watch this drama.

HUILI, Thank you so much for posting the translation of the interview. Could you please tell us what is the title of the magazine? Maybe you could also give us a link to the source? Thanks again

Oh, KONA.  I was so focused and excited to reach the 700th page that I thought we're aiming at that already.  Sorry about that, but please don't misunderstood me.  I'm always looking forward to your post topping the page 'cause I know it would always be something new and interesting news.  Regarding the repost that I mentioned, was it not the post you deleted? I just thought I saw it already and had not read it at once.  When I got back the page to read, it was already deleted/changed.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Seriously, I don't want to consider posting here as a competition or whatever.  I like to believe that the reason some members are not posting is because they have no article or news that others would find interesting.  In my case, I post whenever I feel like to.  For fresh news, I'm not good at newshunting  so all I can do is post anything that I think will arouse interest from new members and not the old ones.  Of course, old fans have already read previous articles of SIK.

I guess you're right.  Maybe I should start posting good articles from now on.

AJIE, I sent personal messages to you, Emmanuelle and Kish, through your multiply accounts.  Did you read them?  Silverlinda has no multiply account, I think.  If she has, it's not connected with me so I can't send her a message.  Anyway, give my regards to her.  Thanks.

I know it's a little bit hard to think what to say, especially when you stopped posting for quite a while.  However, once you started, you'll find the words.  Just think of SIK.  We are here for him and not for anything else.  In my case, I don't want to bother anymore on thinking if my posts are worthless or not.  But of course, I'm trying my best to make it interesting to inspire and amuse other members of this forum.

Honestly, I admire people who visit here even they have nothing much to say.  It only shows their interest on SIK and their effort on making the thread alive and moving.  Remember, each and everyone of us are equally important in this forum, regardless on what we post.  That's why I'm always encouraging the silent lurkers here to come out in the open and don't be shy.  A simple "hello, I'm here and reading your posts" is more than enough to acknowledge their presence. 

Not all of us can hunt for fresh news, create videos or even write poems to share to everybody.  Leave that to the experts.  We can stay in the forum by just appreciating their works and giving kind words to them. 

SIK has always been my strength and inspiration that make me go through my long journey here.  I am a member since 2007 although my profile shows that it's only last 2010.  Some problems arose in the past that I had to renew my registration and user name.  I was plain "Ardent" before.

I hope to stay here longer.

KONA, I forgot to tell you how much I like your new avatar. It's one of my favorite photos because it shows SIK's chameleonic power. It also reminds me of my beloved Yeom Moon ... with a modern hairstyle. :x

I think I have to change my avatar. It looks bad at this new size.

Hi, dear SIKers!
Tomorrows it starts another voting organized by Seoul International Drama Awards: inside this link you'll find the rules and all actors and actresses involved. Including our Prince Song Il Kook!!

http://en.korea.com/event/sda2012/peoples-choice/?action=vote&votecat=actor-sda2012&country=kr

Let's vote for our man!
Love you all, SIKers!

Seoul International Drama Awards ~ People's Choice (Best Actor Korea)
July 10 ~ August 6 2012

SeoulDramaAwards_02a.jpg

SeoulDramaAwards_05.jpg
Only user who "Like" Korea.com are eligible to vote

SeoulDramaAwards_03.jpg

Please vote for Il Kook nim.....!!!

Credit to Luisy from songilkookbar

Guest sig-Hadise

Hello Dear Fans Gentle songilgook
:x

I'm back , I'm busy in the last week .
:\">

Thank you so much , celia , uni kona , florimama , gabi , pohhooi , ardently , alex . hoonwoodjoon , for sharing

:x  

Alright, my dear friends KONA and CHARMY, forgive me if I misunderstood some posts.  I'm just human, that's all. 

In a way, the topic kinda refreshened other members.  We encouraged them back to the forum.  I could see SIG and POHOI again.  Love to see your posts, guys.

CHARMY, when I said "I have to post good articles from now on", it does not concern any other member, but only me.  I have to reiterate my words of encouragement to everybody: "a simple 'hello' is enough to acknowledge one's presence.  Leave the fresh news, videos and poems to the experts".  So, don't be offended, please.

BTW. thanks for your kind words regarding my poems. I promise to write more in the future. 

Oh my, look what we have here.

Source: http://me2day.net/concertking
Thanks to HKMom @ songilkook.com for uploading to YT.

I love this video embedding feature.  Isn't it great!

I think I begin to like this singer Kim Jang-Hoon.  He's quite a character.  His involvement in this year trek has added so much vibrant to the event.

~~~ Kim Jang Hoon to Swim to Dokdo Island on Korean Independence Day ~~~

Charmy, please don't misunderstand Ardent, she's working hard to bring veteran SIKers back.  I said before that SIKers don't have to hunt news and post videos, images.  Just being here with your comments and support for SIK is good.

However, I'd like to encourage SIKers to post news that they find it... before I do.  I know many members visit other sites but don't transfer the news here.   It's not my intention to be the sole person to bring news to this forum.  Please share if you see or read something good.

I mentioned before that I sent personal messages to Emmanuelle, Ajie, Kish and Silverlinda.  I'm glad that Ajie and Emmanuelle have already responded.  Ajie promised to visit us more often.  However, Emmanuelle replied me through my email/multiply account.  Here's her message:

emanuelle9 wrote today at 8:39 AMHi Ate Tess,

Missing you all my friends @ Soompi specially you and Kona, I just don't have time because of my schedule at work and my personal life. But i'm still visiting you everyday reading your comments and discussion. Give my regards to all our friends.

Love You all ♥♥♥  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I Love you too, Nerissa. Actually, you don't really need to explain why you can't post or visit this site.  All reasons under the sun are acceptable and I can always find them for you.  What hurts is if the reason is that you lose your love for our man. Let not finding reasons for absence be the causel for SIKERS like us to shy away from the forum.  Just post, whenever you feel like it or you have time.  No more explanations.  Now and then, everybody is always welcome.   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- KONA, is it alright if I post the news here in my blogsite?  I'm putting the credits to the contributor, anyway.  If not, then I will delete them all.  I just thought that it's our intention here to spread the good news to fans and non-fans of SIK, the reason I'm doing that and not to steal credits from anybody. However, everybody is free to publish my poems and videos to their blogs, as long as they put my name on it.    

Dear Ardent, if it's in Soompi, then it's free to grab.  We know Soompi is a public forum and people don't have to even log in to read posts.  So it's considered public property.  That's how I take it.  It's the courtesy to credit the source, as usual...  Previous article is the Crime Squad interview with Star Express, the latest one is with Campus Life.  They're two different interviews, Ardent.

I haven't been able to vote in korea.com for Seoul Int'l Award, although I followed all the instructions and made sure I "like" it.  I clicked on Vote and nothing happened.  This is not the way to conduct a pool, they should make it easy enough for everyone to vote.

Xiaomeihuili, thanks a million for taking the time and effort to translate for us.  As you know, we're desperate for any news related to SIK.
Thanks again!!!  5293750957_e53bfede8b_o.jpg

Love to see veteran SIKers again: Silver, Emma, Kish, Ajie... and many more...

5169527419_fe004c4f84_o.gif

KONA, both interviews you mentioned are already posted in my blog.  Do I have to delete them?  It's alright with me.  You know my blog has no restrictions and is open to public, so if you believe that these translated versions are exclusives, just tell me so.

Voting in the popularity sites or programs like American Idol is really annoying.  There are many round-arounds that make me lose my interest to vote.  But, in as much as SIK is the concerned party here,  I'll just try my best to cast my vote for him.

Oh, I know the problem now.  The voting has not yet started.  It's on July 10 and that is tomorrow.  Today is July 9 here in the U.S.  But our time is advanced so maybe, after some couple hours, the voting would be open.

Hello SIKers!
The people's choice votes will be added from both Korea.com and Daum, so let's votes at both sites....except it'll be tough to do that in Daum :( Please Kona after you vote tell me how to.... or you can vote for me. 
:P

Gabi, welcome back from your vacation!