[Drama 2012] My Husband Got a Family / 넝쿨째 굴러온 당신

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Family Dramas.

I see the ratings for this drama, and I think I should watch.

But I just find the drama boring. I especially do not like the lead actress, do not like her character at all and the husband seems weak.

I don't know why. I am used to annoying Kdrama characters, but I just can't stomach the female lead and the way she is written. It seems almost like she doesn't love her husband and simply married him because he fit some box she wanted checked.

I also dislike whatever the actress has done to her face. She has the Botox bloat and I can't overlook it. Every time I see that shiny, taut face, I think why? It makes her look older than she is.

I will keep trying, because I have seen other dramas that started slow, but picked up. So maybe this will too.

I agree with DJG.  Kim Nam Joo's face is much too shiny!  Does the actress want her make up to glow like a light bulb?

Surely, Korean make up artists could powder her down often during filming.  Kim was thin, but shapely in her past 2 hit

dramas, but now she is anorexic. 

In the past 2/3 years it seems all Korean actors and actresses have lost weight to the point that some of them are

down right ugly and sick looking. Losing weight does make a person look younger, but the crow's feet and wrinkles will

always give away your age.  If Korean directors want the death-warmed-over look, import some people from India and

Africa then dub in the Korean dialog. 

I'm watching a kdrama from 2004, only 8 years ago, and the actors look healthy, pretty and handsome. 

This particular kdrama was charming and held my interest until a few weeks ago; then the dreaded middle

occurred-- the point where boredom, repetition, and no action set in.  I expect this in all 50 ep kdramas, even saeguks.

Hopefully, the writer will be kicked in the a*s to move the story forward, or, end the thing sooner.

Guest meisk

I just watched the last episode at KBSWorld. Jaeyong is so funny. XD I love him. He can't control his mouth lol.He just speaks whatever on his mind. It's so funny and he's cute too.

Guest sammy23

Does anyone know what the conversation between Bany Yi Sook and Chun Jae Yong was about?  And why did Bang Yi Sook get upset and left the restaurant? Thanks...

Guest sirce

Okay, I just finished 30 episodes in the last couple of days! I really like the show and all storylines! Which is actually weird, since I don't usually like all storylines in family dramas.

I read in earlier posts about the high ratings and the comparisons with Ojakgyo Brothers, but to me it's understandable. This show is way more interesting and relatable for the housewives target group than the Ojakgyo drama. I also think it is interesting to see how the Korean inlaws dynamic works (quite unfair I feel actually) and feel like the main characters have much better acting and are more natural. And frankly, the way the show is shot and integrates the different story lines are so much better than in Ojakgyo, which had too many seperate (boring) story lines. I watched Ojakgyo too, but fast-forwarded a lot, because the only story lines I liked were of that of the main characters and the beginning of the reporter couple.

I can understand why the show is not that popular though on Soompi. The show is much more interesting to the adult target group and Soompi has a lot of younger viewers. But I still think they should give the show a chance, even just for Minhyuk (of C.N. Blue). He is such a natural actor! Although he can still improve, I already feel he is better than his bandmate YongHwa. YongHwa gets main roles because of his first acting gig and idol role, but not for his acting. I would not be surprised if Minhyuk would be emphasized as a popular rookie actor with just the right role. He has a natural acting ability, the looks and and has that something that makes people remember him (perhaps his voice I think, I know I researched him when I saw him on the show).

I find the Malsuk actress quite annoying, she is overacting to be the dizzy young girl Malsuk should be. Her face is thin like a 30 year old instead of the young soft look that the brother has. They should pair her with the singer who looks much too young to be about 40 in the show.

Guest kimbo39

Only a family desperate to marry off its son would accept Mal-Suk as daughter-in-law.

She's nowhere good looking enough to distract others from her self-centeredness and phoniness.

She uses the lack of attention she received growing up as an excuse for her behavior, but there are plenty of people who don't allow such a background to instill such bitterness and selfishness.

In the end, SK is the fool for falling for her. He could and should do better in regards to personality and genuineness.

I totally heart the main couple. That's what mature relationship/marriage should be about.

Love watching YS & JY too. Saw them in Happy Together and they are so comfy and kind of cute together ... maybe it's me but seems like he kind of like her a lot irl. Hahaha. Just wished JY is faster in taking steps towards declaring his feelings for YS.

I wonder if there aren't as many ppl watching this in soompi as the other KBS weekend drama because it doesn't have too over the top kind of characters that you either love or hate or makjang elements. I actually find the script for this well written compared to all those crappy (imo) weekend drama from previously. I don't like exaggerated characters or situations and I like how this drama have the protagonists deal with issues they face in life so sensibly. Love that YH is no door mat by remaining polite but firm when dealing with issues at home and work.

SK is too much of a sweetheart to end up with Malsuk. Totally can't stand her character. I don't feel sorry over how miserable she was when SK dumped her. She totally deserved it. 

I really like this drama...but it doesn't have that WOW effect I guess that is needed. I check for posts all the time. I am of little help because of no Korean.I was wondering if someone could tell us if GN wants to adopt the little boy...also what was the reason YH jumped on GN back at the end?

Guest kimbo39

I'm glad YH knocked some sense into GN about potentially adopting the little boy.

GN is in a vulnerable place given recent revelations, and his own harrowing experience obviously stirs up more compassion and sympathy in him than most others.

While the YH-GN might ultimately end up adopting the child, the time is not now- GN would be making a decision driven by emotion without giving the thought and time required to make such a life altering choice. He has to fully grasp that he and his wife already have a child on the way.

@tendoclan, YH jumped on GN's back to prevent him from going to rebuke Mal-Suk regarding the way she just chewed out her sister-in-law, telling YH that she hated her.

Guest xopo17

Just Got this good news :   :)

class="ks_article_title"“Unexpected You”, 8 More Episodes To Be Aired, “Drama will End September 9th”3871-you-who-rolled-in-unexpectedly.jpg

One of the officials of KBS drama department has said on the 29th, "It is official, "Unexpected You" will be extended for eight more episodes so it will be all together 58 at the end."

Also, not just the producers of the movie decided on this but all the actors agreed on it too and they are all in the process of rescheduling their future plans.

Originally "Unexpected You" was going to be only fifty episodes with the ending date planned to be August 12th but with such popularity of hitting above forty percent of the viewer ratings, everyone showed interest in making the show longer. With the contemplation going on for a while, all staff and actors have decided together to continue the show just a little bit longer.

After the decision of making the drama longer has made official, the follow up drama, "My Daughter, So Young"(not yet officially named), has been pushed to air on September 14th also.

Credit : Koreaportal

Good Job!!! They deserve it to extended until ep.58.

I'm always watching it on KBS-WORLD TV. ^---^

Archived