Beauty Insecurities

Guest MC_Lee

Guest iyagi

I'm still in the process of dealing with my insecurities, but what everyone has said is true. Things like this, however, are easier said than done. For those who have had very few problems with insecurities from a young age, I envy you and wish I could be as confident and comfortable with myself. I try really hard these days to not worry so much about it, but I still have that irrational fear of being harshly judged by everyone I meet. Even so, I'm often times too lazy to do anything about it honestly. I don't wear makeup often because I'm either too lazy or I don't know how to do this or that, so I end up leaving it anyways. I guess in a way I just work with what I have. A lot of the time it's about forgetting it or just ignoring it. Like others have said, once you find fulfillment in other things, you don't think much about your flaws anymore because you're busy enjoying life instead.

Guest PotatoesAreEpic

I remember when I was like 12 or 13, I absolutely hated my appearance. I didn't appreciate the type of beauty I was born with and I tried to emulate ulzzangs by trying to make my eyes look huge and caking on makeup.

But as I matured, I realized that the look simply did not match me at all. So I ditched it and found one that compliments my features, and I feel so much better in my own skin. I got a new haircut, dyed it a new color, and it really brings out the beauty that I naturally have.

Another thing that helped was skin care changes. I found out that using tons of products on your skin can have really negative side effects. Toners, scrubs, masks, exfoliating, and over moisturizing completely ruined my skin. Now days I use papaya soap, olive oil, and BB cream on my skin. And honestly, I love my skin so much, it looks nearly flawless now except for my genetic dark circles. But some BB cream under them completely hides them anyways.

The only thing I can say that still bothers me is my weight. I have some extra tummy fat on my midsection. Not a lot, it's so miniscule that people get angry when I talk about it. But it bothers me enough that I'm constantly trying to find ways to get rid of it. Other than that, my bother is pretty alright. I'm short, but I like being short. It makes me feel small and cute.

Another part was maturity. As I got older, beauty just became less significant because I'm now trying to get into college. More than anything, I want to accomplish my dreams and live a really exciting life. I'd much rather have a life of fun experiences than have a life of simply being pretty and nothing else.

When you're young, beauty seems important because you want to impress those around you and attract the opposite gender. But it's really not as important as it's played up to be.

I don't think I'm the prettiest girl in the room, or even worth turning around and taking a 2nd look at...but I just surround myself around people who can be honest with me. Mainly, they tell me that my make up looks horrible and gives me some pointers on how to fix it. I hardly ever wear make up, so my skills are very rusty.

I also date men who loves me for what I look like with out make up.

Guest stylebubble

no matter how insecure you feel, just make sure to take care of yourself. go out, work hard, eat fresh foods, groom yourself, enhance your best features with makeup, enjoy culture, learn new things. you'll feel much better, present yourself better, and have no time to worry about insecurities. whatever you do don't be like me and starve yourself and self harm yourself in order to perform to perfection.

Guest Angel1430267648

You stop paying attention to the media. What is beauty then?

It's sad that nowadays we look at our beauty insecurities as defects and deformities, but until you see people with real defects from birth or accidents that disrupts them from living a normal functional life, that's when we're all reminded of how beautiful we really are, only problem is we can't help our greed for perfection.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest akp124

...I have very noticeable stretch marks on my arms and the back of my legs. I just cover them up with long sleeve shirts and jeans.

Anything else, I don't really care about its just the stretch marks that get me.

PS: I've never had kids so its very embarrassing.

Archived