Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Losing weight too fast

ErikAokiErikAoki Posts: 69Member

ROOKIE

Side effects
Hey guys, I have a question, I was on a diet and lost 18kg in 2 months and I think I lost it too fast and now I think I have some...extra skin(I don't know hoe it's called)
And I was wondering if that's why I can't tone my abs
Oh, but it seems to be a little toned if I constrict it

Replies

• sweetfantasy09sweetfantasy09 Still searching for myself... 慶太の世界Posts: 1,564Member

IDOL

i corporate weights into your workout regimen for toning.
    Please read the signature rules
  • nikkokimnikkokim Posts: 119Member
    edited April 2012
    toning abs? you need to get bf % to around 12 percent to see it.. around 8-6% for a six pack. I lost weight fast and gained it fast also when i used to wrestle. I don't think you lost enough weight to have enough loose skin to really impinge on your progress (usually that problem are for really really big people lol). 

Just keep at it and you should see some definite progress.
    btw belly fat is one of the last fat reserves you will use up when loosing weight/ cutting
  • ErikAokiErikAoki Posts: 69Member

ROOKIE

sweetfantasy09 wrote on 25 April 2012 - 06:07 AM:

i corporate weights into your workout regimen for toning.

Oh, I've been doing some situps lately, but I can only see the start of the packs slightly.

nikkokim wrote on 25 April 2012 - 06:16 AM:

toning abs? you need to get bf % to around 12 percent to see it.. around 8-6% for a six pack. I lost weight fast and gained it fast also when i used to wrestle. I don't think you lost enough weight to have enough loose skin to really impinge on your progress (usually that problem are for really really big people lol). 

Just keep at it and you should see some definite progress.
    btw belly fat is one of the last fat reserves you will use up when loosing weight/ cutting

Hum, I was wondering, because when I pull my skin, it's so elastic lol
    Maybe a picture would help...?
    Well, I wasn't that big, but...lol
    Oh, I'm a little fatter now haha, but even when I was thin, my skin was super elastic lol
    And my belly used to be lean.
    Not anymore, since I got some weight
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

ErikAoki wrote on 25 April 2012 - 03:16 PM:

Oh, I've been doing some situps lately, but I can only see the start of the packs slightly.

Hum, I was wondering, because when I pull my skin, it's so elastic lol
    Maybe a picture would help...?
    Well, I wasn't that big, but...lol
    Oh, I'm a little fatter now haha, but even when I was thin, my skin was super elastic lol
    And my belly used to be lean.
    Not anymore, since I got some weight

oh there is so much to getting abs than just doing situps. there's so many other exercises that are effective.
  • datsilydatsily Posts: 4New Member
    I think you should go to see a doctor.It's nor nomal to lose so many weights in a short time.
  • ErikAokiErikAoki Posts: 69Member

ROOKIE

duh123 wrote on 25 April 2012 - 05:11 PM:

oh there is so much to getting abs than just doing situps. there's so many other exercises that are effective.

Like what? I've been doing situps, some ab exercises on machines at the gym and...running cause I wanna lose the fat on my abs

datsily wrote on 26 April 2012 - 01:09 AM:

I think you should go to see a doctor.It's nor nomal to lose so many weights in a short time.

Well, I think that's because I was on a really strict diet
  • Jenny NoJenny No Washington DCPosts: 195Member

IDOL

Skin doesn't go away so fast, it takes years for it to un-stretch. But if you gain enough muscle, it'll take up the space your fat was taking up before and show through
    Always on the go, no regrets.
    Currently jetsetting off to a different country every week.
    My adventures in heels:http://nojennyno.blogspot.com
  • mindymindy Posts: 283Member

IDOL

I would suggest seeing a doctor because that is quite a bit.. could it be water weight? 
  • wondermuffinwondermuffin Posts: 25Member

ROOKIE

Hun, did you get stretch marks? Hope you didn't, they are horrible and stay for life :(
  • shortlikeuhhshortlikeuhh Posts: 447Member
    it will take sometime don't rush it.