[OFFICIAL] The JYJ Thread

tealee

Guest Roro_Tae

[ACCOUNT+AUDIO] University of Michigan Symposium on Hallyu 2.0: Seminar -“OF THE FANS, BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS – THE REPUBLIC OF JYJ”

Hello! ^_^

I had the opportunity to go on Friday to the Symposium at the University of Michigan and attended the seminars (with the exception of the first block since I drove 3 hours and I overslept 30 minutes >~<), including “Of the fans, by the fans, for the fans – the Republic of JYJ” by Professor Seung-Ah Lee of Los Angles City College. As a scholar, the conference as a whole was very informational and looking forward to the book that the university is planning to published within a year that includes the scholarly papers for each speaker, including the one regarding JYJ ;D.

I was also able to meet a fellow JYJ3 member at the conference when we went up to chat with Professor Seung-Ah Lee after her talk :) It was nice meeting you Meaghan (not sure of the spelling, sorry) and too bad you had to go home right after the Second block of presentations. Would have loved to get to meet you even more.

I recorded audio of the talk for those that were unable to attend but are interested in what what was said and typed out an outline below:

• Introduction of Speaker
  • History Of Hallyu
  • The fans she interviewed. Passion, enthusiasm, and affection towards the members came from all the fans she interviewed.
  • Who is Dong Shinki?
  • Artist Contracts in the Korean Music Industries (slave conditions, with no power)
  • Lawsuit brought by the three members of TVXQ
  • Unfair treatment continues after the judge ruled in the favor of Jaejoong, Junsu, Yoochun by not being able to appear music charts, programs, etc.
  • Sites that once supported the original TVXQ converted to only support JYJ.
  • JYJ today truly continues the legacy of original TVXQ
  • The Repulic of JYJ – anyone who loves JYJ is a citizenship
  • The role of the fans is to protect JYJ and have become the fighter of justice.
  • Sasaengs are illegal immigrants in the Republic of JYJ
  • Why a Republic of JYJ and not a nation, family or something else? In hopes to highlight the autonomy and democracy of the fandom.

[NOTE: I apologize for the quality of the audio, but the Nam Center for Korean Studies at the University of Michigan confirmed that the seminar will be recorded. The video recording of the event will be posted on the University Web Site. Once it has been posted, I will update everyone icon_smile.gif?m=1336659725g ]   http://soundcloud.co...republic-of-jyj Also, University of Michigan Professor Youngju Ryu’s presentation was entitled “How a Podcast Started a Revolution: New Media and Electoral Politics in South Korea” and said that she thought that her presentation was a little out of place compared to the other speakers since it was not really about Hallyu so decided to wear something that represented the Hallyu wave. She wore an official JYJ t-shirt she purchased at the 2011 Busan concert. Me and my friends cheered. \(^_^)/ During the 4th and final block, my whole roll was JYJ fans, 3 friends I came with, the JYJ presenter, Professor Seung-Ah Lee, and Professor Ryu.

Several presentations had images of the trio since their debut in 2003. I ended the night by stopping at Seoul Street in Ann Arbor with my group. If anyone is in the area I really recommend. My friend from South Korea said it tasted authentic. We ended up buying Bibimbap, Kimbap, Dukboki, Fried Rice, Budae Jigae and Kimchi! So nommie…

Credit: popopiluvsjyj of 

JYJ3

Shared by: JYJ3

Are U a CITIZEN of JYJ Republic??

Guest Roro_Tae

JYJ’s fans make a mosaic pattern out of the proof shots they have taken at polling places

20120411_1334120524_81916700_1.jpg

While many celebrities are uploading proof shots of them voting, JYJ’s fans collected their voting pictures and made a mosaic pattern.

It all began when JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong tweeted on April 9, “Guys, don’t forget to vote. I want to see the proof shots, please.”

On reading his tweet, many fans uploaded pictures which later became a mosaic pattern. Even at this very moment, many proof shots are being updated online. The number of votes is totaled every hour, and the number of proof shots is increasing geometrically.

Fans of JYJ are creating a stir with their proof shots. Last year in October, some fans inspired laughter by uploading a picture in which they are covering their faces with a CD of JYJ at the by-election of the Mayor of Seoul.

Netizens who saw the pictures comment: “JYJ’s fans and their proof shots are just amazing.” “Fans are going after their singers, I see.” “An appropriate fandom formed! They are the best.” “The more I see it, the funnier I find it. What an idea.”

Today, the 11th of April, the 19th general election will be conducted from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Each citizen is given two ballots: one for a candidate and the other for a party. Those who want to vote are required to bring an identification card such as a residential registered card or a passport.

You can check polling places on the National Election Commission, and if you know your registration number from the copy you have received, you can save time your time in checking your identity.

More celebrities are encouraging people to vote by uploading proof shots at the polling places.

Source: TV Report

Credit: enKorea

HERE ANOTHER MOSAIC

Guest nuriecharlie

PLEASE VOTE FOR YUNHO AT ALLKPOP

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/04/allkpop-fan-tournament-best-male-dancer-finals

Guest Phantos

jyj junsu first solo album in May

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/04/jyjs-junsu-to-release-solo-album-in-may-more-information-on-jyjs-asia-tour

Guest Roro_Tae

546246_254850314610340_191819204246785_493342_814136208_n.jpg?t=1334555920

JYJ’s Kim Jun Su will release his solo album.

On April 16, JYJ’s agency, C-JeS Entertainment, announced, “JYJ’s Kim Jun Su will release his first solo album in May.”

Kim will release his solo for the first time after he debuted in 2004 as a member of JYJ. Since he is one of the best talented idols, many people are eagerly anticipating his album.

Kim will show off his musical skills through his solo album by producing it by himself and writing the most of his songs.

Baek Chang Joo, president of C-JeS Entertainment, says, “Kim is the most valuable singer in Korea. He is very talented as a singer/songwriter. He can also capture the world with his powerful performance. We can’t tell you about the concept for the album and title yet, but I think his album will be the best album in the first half year.

fbuptexlink.png 

(JYJ Junsu 1st Asia Tour in Seoul) Primary Ticket Information

Untitled2.png

Hello, this C-JeS Entertainment.

This is the primary ticket information of JYJ Junsu’s first solo concert after debut [JYJ Junsu 1st Asia Tour in Seoul]

* Date

May, 19th 7:00pm

May, 20th 6:00pm

* Ticket

VIP standing & seating 132,000 won/ R standing & seating 110,000 won

S: 99,000 won/ A: 88,000 won/ B: 66,000 won

* Ticket open

Sold through Interpark (www.interpark.com) from Thurs, April 19, 2012 8:00pm

* 1 person can buy 2 seats only.

Organizer: C-Jes Entertainment

Thank you for your interest.

Source: 

C-JeS

Translated by: The_little_Pear of JYJ3

Please do not add to, alter or remove the credits.

Jaejoong working with Junsu in his new album <3

120416jjtw2.jpg

[Trans] @mjjeje: Junsu’s album is really.. Even though I joined in the production and worked on the album together, and I’ve seen all of it up till now, but his speed of learning melodies and those emotions are.. That’s why all of us said this at the same time, “As expected, that kid was really born for this~”

JYJF.jpg

JYJE.jpg

JYJD.jpg

JYJC.jpg

JYJB.jpg

JYJA.jpg

Credit: JYJ Official FB Page + @mjjeje (JJ Twitter) 

Guest fobbiyo

WHERE WAS THIS FROM?!! LMFAOO!!!!!!!!! Junsu is so dirty. Behind that cute/innocent look, he's just too dirty. LMFAO. 

I'm PUMPEDDDDDD for his solo album though!! I hope there are more songs like Beautiful Thing/Rainy Night/Beautiful Love/You Are So Beautiful. OR BALLADS. I should say. XD I was never TOO fond of his dance covers (though Intoxication.... *dies*)

I never knew JJ dyed his hair blond too!? Is it for his movie?

Guest Roro_Tae

Song JiHyo-Kim Jaejoong to Star as Leads in the Film “Jackal Comes”

jackal.jpg

Actress Song JiHyo and Singer/Actor Kim Jaejoong are to star as the lead characters in the upcoming film “Jackal Comes” (Director Pe Hyun Joon).

“Jackal Comes” will be under the production of Nomad Films and officials from both their side as well as JiHyo and Jaejoong’s management company, C-JeS entertainment, have stated that Song Jihyo and Kim Jaejoong will star in “Jackal Comes” as the female and male protagonists respectively. On April 20th, C-JeS entertainment officials stated the the first readings for the movie will be finished soon.

“Jackal Comes” is a story about an unstable female bar singer who kidnaps a popular singer and tries to kill him, causing police to be dispatched and go through a number of comedic episodes trying to stop her. Both Song Jihyo and Kim Jaejoong fit well with the characters they will play and will bring their own unique colors to the scenarios portrayed in the movie.

Currently Song Jihyo is getting much love from the public for her charming, fresh appeal and work on the popular SBS variety show “Running Man”. This will be Jihyo’s first time in 4 years coming back to the movie scene since the 2008 film “Frozen Flower”.

From being an actor as well as a singer, Kim Jaejoong is advancing past the realm of dramas onto the big screen. In 2009, Jaejoong starred in the film “Heaven’s Postman”, but this is his first time being a lead in a full-length movie that will be shown to widespread commercial audiences. Last year, Jaejoong was recognized for his superior acting skills in SBS’s drama “Protect the Boss” and will be making another broadcast appearance soon as a lead role in the upcoming drama “Time Slip Dr. Jin”. [Jaejoong] is expected to reveal a different set of charms for this big screen.

The Director of “Jackal Comes” is Pe Hyun Joon, who has directed past works such as “Don’t Believe Your Girlfriend” and “Boys Don’t Cry”. This film will be distributed through LOTTE Entertainment. Along with Song JiHyo and Kim Jaejoong, a large supporting cast will also be joining. The film is expected to be in theaters by September or October.

Source: Osen via Nate & Newsen via Nate | Translation by: Yule of PrinceJJ

Shared by: PrinceJJ + JYJ3

Please leave credits intact, thanks!

[NEWS] 120420 JYJ’s Jaejoong and Song Ji Hyo cast for comedy film, ‘Jackal is Coming’

JYJ‘s Jaejoong and Song Ji Hyo have been cast as the lead characters for the upcoming film, ‘Jackal is Coming‘!

On April 20th, C-JeS Entertainment confirmed that the two completed their first script reading on the 18th and are preparing to begin filming for the movie.

Having already had his acting talents recognized through his drama, ‘Protect the Boss‘, Jaejoong will be expanding his acting career this year by taking on both ‘Jackal is Coming’ and his MBC drama, ‘Time Slip Doctor Jin‘.

A representative of C-JeS Entertainment expressed, “Upon reading the scenario for ‘Jackal is Coming’, Jaejoong himself showed an interest in trying a comical character. As it is a comedy film, he said that he wanted to portray his character as humorously as possible.”

They continued, “Song Ji Hyo also has strong affections for the film. Since it will mark her first big screen comeback in a while, she’s expecting to have a lot of fun on the set.”

‘Jackal is Coming’ is about a clumsy killer (played by Song Ji Hyo) who kidnaps a popular singer and tries to murder him in various ways while keeping back the police.

Source + Photos: Newsen via Nate

Credit: Allkpop

[NEWS] 120420 JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong and Song Ji Hyo cast in a movie together

JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong and actress Song Ji Hyo were recently cast in the movie Jackal is Coming.

On April 20, Kim’s agency, C-JeS Entertainment, said, ” Song and Kim decided to appear on the movie together. They finished reading the scripts and they will start shooting the movie early in May.”

Since Kim and Song represent the same agency, the news drew a lot of attention. The two stars will work in perfect harmony while shooting the movie.

The movie is a comedy about a drowsy female killer, who kidnaps a famous singer to kill him in an awkward way. But the police was dispatched and the plot continues with funny episodes.

Director Bae Hyung Joon, who directed the movie Don’t Believe Her, will direct and Lotte Entertainment will distribute the movie. Besides Song and Kim, many talented actors will also appear on the movie.

Source: TV Report

Credit: En.Korea

Shared by: JYJ3

[NEWS] 120420 JYJ Jaejoong Confirmed for “The Jackal Is Coming” Alongside Song Ji Hyo

JYJ Jaejoong’s agency stated on April 20 that “Song Ji Hyo and Jaejoong are confirmed for the upcoming film ‘The Jackal Is Coming.’” Currently, they finished their first script reading, and the first filming day will be early May.

Previously, 2AM’s Seulong had been cast for the male lead. However, due to a scheduling conflict the male lead has switched to Jaejoong. Both Song Ji Hyo and Jaejoong are from the same entertainment agency, C-JeS Entertainment.

The comedy film, “The Jackal Is Coming,” is about a goofy female assassin kidnaping a popular idol singer to kill him in a weird way she was hired to. However, the police get involved in order to save the idol singer and comic events continue to happen. The flim is scheduled to premiere in October.

Credit: Soompi

Shared by: JYJ3

WHERE WAS THIS FROM?!! LMFAOO!!!!!!!!! Junsu is so dirty. Behind that cute/innocent look, he's just too dirty. LMFAO. 

I'm PUMPEDDDDDD for his solo album though!! I hope there are more songs like Beautiful Thing/Rainy Night/Beautiful Love/You Are So Beautiful. OR BALLADS. I should say. XD I was never TOO fond of his dance covers (though Intoxication.... *dies*)

I never knew JJ dyed his hair blond too!? Is it for his movie?

From JYJ concert in Japon.

and JJ is back to black again.