[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest Megamissy

@Bambiina

We are having fun here and still enjoyed ourself while releasing TMTETS toxins, if Kim Soo Hyun needs to watch King2heart to release his longing for YeonU, we are luckier than him at least we still has sompi thread to talk and help each other to release all those poisons out from TMTETS.

I try to go to other sompi threads, not exicting no interesting character or subject to share or comment, I still need to come back to this thread.

After TMTETS suddenly interested with Joseon dynasty and google to know more about Joseon kings but course we know  our King Hwon's is a man made "King"

Rooftop prince getting quite boring but still force myself to watch. :unsure:

Just finished ep 8 of equator man getting very interesting,I will carry on watching equator man good drama only hope the lead actor is younger  (sorry,solely my opinion only)

Watch King2heart do not like it very weak story stop watching after ep one:rolleyes:  

God of the feast drama so so only I watched becoz I 'LIKE' these 2  handsome dudes blush.gif but KSH is super 'LOVE' :wub: him.

Share a TMTETS NG link  http://youtu.be/-_lbkJ_ctxQ

Megamissy,

We have talked about the goooooooooooood thing so many time.. and we have not talk about the not so good thing in TMTETS....

Okay – I wanna start with the .... Top most cheesiest of all the cheesy scene in TMTETS....

My list.... I call it the cheese list :

1. It has to be the umbrella hanging in mid air, now tell me, how on earth an umbrella can defy gravity? You tell me now (well I can accept the shaman and whatever black magic they spew in TMTETS but not that umbrella scene).

2. Where on earth can you find cherry blossom in winter... I can tolerate one petal, and then another petal after that it’s raining cherry blossom petals, this one I cannot tolerate anymore (err or am I that pabo? Does Cheery Blossom bloom in winter? I tot it’s in Spring?)

3. Why did it has to be a butterfly? – is Butterfly a rare species to cause a maiden to defy/ignore rules (that may cause her to beheaded)... what is so interesting about a butterfly...

For your information – My husband decided to watch TMTETS after constant nagging by this one ajumma, He accepted everything – the shaman and black magic thing UNTILLLLLLLLLLL .. the Umbrella incident... after the hanging umbrella scene – no amount of nagging can make him continue to watch TMTETS..... even though I lied and told him – there’s a lot of hot bedscene and semi naked HGI.. No, he told me everything is not worth it... he felt insulted by that scene.. he said his intelligence was being insulted.... I was left alone watchin all night long...

:sigh:

Guest Megamissy

@Bambiina

This drama was a make believed Sageuk 'Fairy Tale' many people does not mind whatever hanging up in mid air without a reason, viewers are already being suck into the drama and crazily in love, for instance if you love your husband or boyfiend you will accepts all his shortcoming.

They are so many flaws or 'goofs' in TMTETS but yet viewers crazy chasing TMTETS every week.Even with so many flaws TMTETS was overwhelming received by all TMTETS fans and we do not understand 'WHY' but of course they minority TMTETS anti -fans (many are in drambeans comments)

I think many viewers does not notice even to the very end of the drama the shooting team still made mistake, in ep 17 shooting scene <infirmary> there is a modern day tentage, I do not think Joseon era got this type of nice looking tentage.

Nobody even condemn the PDim for those endless careless mistakes, if this drama is not well receive everybody will condemn all actors not only HGI's even KSH's  were not be spared for crying too much and over acting and Koreans viewers will ask PDim to be change.<New tales of Giseang half way thru shooting, PDim was change because of low ratings>.

All over Asia, China ,HK,Singapore,Taiwan,Thailand and Malaysia is a tradition,before they start shooting a drama casting team will prepare pig head and some offerings with the main actors and directors they pray to 'spirits' for blessing to receive high ratings and no accident.

I do not know whether Korea observe this tradition because 3/4 of the population living in Seoul are Christians .<Han Ga In and Kim Soo Hyun are christians>

All the while I do not understand why? after TMTETS now I understand why until this modern day this tradition is still observe in film industry over Asia,I think they believe every drama has 'spirit' within.

Have you seen these guys??? Found this in SunMoon FB page! :wub::wub:

HGI is really beautiful even without make up! haaay!

2s.jpg

I LOVE THESE!!!!

1s.jpg

2d.jpg

BTW, I've been watching K2H and it seems the royal wedding garb used by HJW is the same garb used by HGI in TMETS. Also the beddings during HJW-LSG bed scene, it seems the same as the beddings used by HGI in TMETS.

Megamissy.....

I think when a drama is great and once you fell in love with it, the so call flaws don't matter anymore. Love is blind... unfortunately I still find those cheesy scene is a bit too much (however it does not have any significant impact). I still love TMTETS like crazy and I still watch it daily until now, while waiting for sub (RP, K2H and LR).

and as for the antis - it's normal I guess :) , even the greatest production certified by those genius in the industry would still have antis... you can't satisfy everyone. It's how the world works ^_^ ...

BTW - about New tales of Gesaeng - :o I tot the rating was good? I believe some of the episodes were more than 20%. I think the rating got stronger when Da Mo realize he loves So Ran (BTW - Superb acting by Sung Hoon - when he just barged in after the "raise hair" ceremony and punch that old man).

I realize something - when there's more heartache and suffering - rating will also increase. The more the heroin was tortured the higher the rating will get. The more YW was tortured the rating get higher and higher..... BTW - I super love everytime King Hwon talk harshly to BK kekekeke.... I am bad..

Gabjumz - Han Ga In is beautiful, she has a child like face... ^_^ - thank you for the pic

Guest Megamissy

I think most probably viewers are 'sadist' :wacko: they like heroine to be tortured and they scream for the hero to save her. I preferred my heroine to be strong and smart that's why I likes NTOG, I loves the  2 lead actors the guy is soooo handsome his face is so exotic but after the drama ended never heard of them anymore.

Yes,Han Ga in is beautiful her face looks very Eurasian <mix blood> does not looks Korean,I dare to say many Koreans girl are not pretty,I preferred older pretty actresses in their 30's than the younger generation in their 20's<solely my opinion only>

I hope she brush up her acting a bit and open up herself for more roles with kissing  scene in TMTETS she quite conservative not responsive during the first 2 kissing scenes

but the last one die die KSH want to kiss her for real.

I saw the NG from youtube when started to shoot the last  kissing scene while KSH enjoying himself kissing her she turned her head away twice without director call for NG and KSH sat there looks blurred <he think to himself what's's happening I have'nt started kissing you yet> or  maybe KSH do something very mischievous here:wub:.     hehehe! Later I think she gave in and responded to that kiss we got to  see on screen the last kissing scene beautifully done and it was so memorable that after TMTETS ended we still in cloud 9  thinking of that kissing scene. blush.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEK054P89_Y&feature=related

Kim Soo Hyun Appointed Ambassador of Korea Tourism

2012-04-18 17:04 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Source : enewsworld

Kim Soo Hyun shed his kingly ways to become a handsome man in a suit. He attended the appointment ceremony for the honorary ambassador for Korea tourism. The event was held on April 18 in Seoul for his appointment, and went through with a photo session holding his plaque.

Lee Cham, president of the Korea Tourism Organization, said before handing the plaque over to Kim Soo Hyun, “The Sun and the Moon, the drama that stars Kim Soo Hyun, was exported to seven countries including Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore, and drew in global attention by passing 100 million views on China’s largest online video site. The appointment of Kim Soo Hyun as the Korea tourism honorary ambassador will help draw tourists from East Asia in the future.”

Kim Soo Hyun couldn’t hide his excitement and happiness, but as soon as he received the plaque, the way he became nervous and stiffened up drew laughs from the audience. He is currently shooting commercials after wrapping up The Sun and the Moon, and will be out to conquer the big screen with the film The Professionals in July.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

http://enewsworld.mnet.com/Upload/News/Contents/25726660.jpg

********************************************************************************************************************************

:lol: *clap-clap ... congratsss ... Queen HGI appointed as UNICEF Ambassador ... now King KSH as Korea tourism honorary ambassador *WOooOOHOOoo* :wub:

I saw the NG from youtube when started to shoot the last  kissing scene while KSH enjoying himself kissing her she turned her head away twice without director call for NG and KSH sat there looks blurred <he think to himself what's's happening I have'nt started kissing you yet> or  maybe KSH do something very mischievous here:wub:.     hehehe! Later I think she gave in and responded to that kiss we got to  see on screen the last kissing scene beautifully done and it was so memorable that after TMTETS ended we still in cloud 9  thinking of that kissing scene. blush.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEK054P89_Y&feature=related

i remember someone explain this NG scene few pages back .. HGI was distracted by the sluggish noise from the rolling camera on the track (???) ... so she starts giggling ... *hahaha* someone need to oiled that camera track :P

Bambiina ... OMG .. so many butterflies ... i didnt notice that :blink: ... and i re-watch TMTETS for like 10xx times now *scratch head* ... too focus on our King & Queen :P

and i google Butterfly symbolic meaning ... ^_^

- In this culture butterflies have become representative of young people in love

- In the Japanese culture butterflies are thought to be representative of young maidens and marital bliss. Many Japanese families use the butterfly in the family crest design.

- In ancient Greek the word for butterfly is "Psyche", which translated means "soul". This was also the name for Eros' human lover and when the two figures are depicted they are often surrounded by butterflies.

- For Christians, butterflies in general symbolizes the resurrection. The caterpillar dies and lives again in a new more glorious form.

Kim Soo Hyun’s likability surpasses even Lee Seung Gi

By

Ceridwen

April 19, 2012Posted in: Endorsements, News

Kim Soo Hyun brought on ‘Soo Hwon Syndrome’ with his role as King Lee Hwon on the much loved drama ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ resulting in explosive popularity

According to the Korean Institute for CM Strategic Studies, Kim Soo Hyun ranked #1 in likability among advertising models. This is s huge leap in comparison to last month’s results that had Kim Soo Hyun ranked at #10.

Kim Soo Hyun’s likability reached 10.63% as the only one to reach above 10%. :wub:

Kim Yuna, who had ranked #1 last month, dropped a notch to #2 but still enjoyed 9.02% likability. Lee Seung Gi, who is mesmerizing the fans with his turn as King Lee Je Ha ranked #3 with 7.46%.

read more @kpopfever

Kim Soo Hyun Appointed Ambassador of Korea Tourism

2012-04-18 17:04  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

Translation Credit : Erika Kim  

Source : enewsworld

********************************************************************************************************************************

:lol:  *clap-clap ... congratsss ... Queen HGI appointed as UNICEF Ambassador ... now King KSH as Korea tourism honorary ambassador *WOooOOHOOoo*  :wub:

Yeah!!! Ambassador Couple! hahahha... :lol: In Joeson time they were The Brightest Sun-Moon & King-Queen! Now in real time they become The Brightest Stars & Ambassador Couple of South Korea! Fate does really good job! :wub:

i have started rewatching the drama once again. as i was away to a place where the internet was too slow, i could not rewatch our beloved drama. now i am back. i am so obsessed with our dear hwon and cannot release him from my memories without seeing him in the king's robes especially the white night robe. :wub: :wub: :wub:

some info on our dear heo yeon woo:

Movie ′Architecture 101′ Becomes Korea′s Most Watched Mellow-Romance Movie

enewsworld-related article

cannot wait for our king's THIEVES aka THE PROFESSIONALS movie release during July.

hwaiting!!!!!

i have started rewatching the drama once again.  as i was away to a place where the internet was too slow, i could not rewatch our beloved drama.  now i am back.  i am so obsessed with our dear hwon and cannot release him from my memories without seeing him in the king's robes especially the white night robe. :wub: :wub: :wub:  

some info on our dear heo yeon woo:

Movie ′Architecture 101′ Becomes Korea′s Most Watched Mellow-Romance Movie

enewsworld-related article

cannot wait for our king's THIEVES aka THE PROFESSIONALS movie release during July.

hwaiting!!!!!

Me too!!!!! And don't  forget to wait and pray and see our Moonsun team with their awards at Baeksang Award 48 on this 26th April!

If seeing on the rating board on the voting website, we can see they no way for Moonsuners to win the idols! But don't  worry, guys~!! This rating board is just for the Popularity Awards  (voted by fans) but not main awards voted by Board of Examiners who are  senior artists and professionals!!!!! Remember that Beksang Awards is  considered as Golden Global Awards but not TV Awards! So, the result  will be only known on 26th! Wait and pray for our MoonSun team! KSH,  YJG, KYJ, JIL & alos PDnim KDH .... fighting!!!!! :wub:

Im Si Wan To Make Heo Yeom Cameo in ′Standby :wub:

2012-04-23 16:37 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju

Source : http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont..

Translation Credit : Ju Ahn Lee

http://www.enews24.net/ne..

ZE:A’s Im Si Wan will make a cameo as Heo Yeom in a sitcom.

Im Si Wan, who is currently starring in MBC’s daily sitcom Standby, will make his return as Heo Yeom on the show’s 11th episode, which will air on April 24.

The episode will reveal Im Si Wan and Kim Ye Won’s date as they put on historical drama costumes and travel to a Hanok (traditional Korean) village. The two are expected to reprise the role of Heo Yeom and Princess Min Hwa from The Sun and the Moon.

Im Si Wan was cast as the younger version of Heo Yeom in The Sun and the Moon.

In response to his cameo as Heo Yeom two months after the end of The Sun and the Moon, Im Si Wan said, “When I found out that I was going to wear a historical drama costume, it brought back the fond and nerve-wracking emotions from the set of The Sun and the Moon.”

Although Im Si Wan’s character was not particularly fond of Ye Won, he decided to go on a date with her simply because of the many gifts he had received from her. Moreover, the two manage to recreate the memorable scene from the movie Great Expectations when they stood facing each other from a drinking fountain.

Heo Yeom and Princess Min Hwa’s sitcom cameo will air on MBC’s Standby on April 24 at 7:45 pm.

Photo credit: MBC

http://upload.enewsworld.net/News/Contents/58104188.jpg

Guest toho81

Im Si Wan To Make Heo Yeom Cameo in ′Standby :wub:

2012-04-23 16:37 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju

Source : http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont..

Translation Credit : Ju Ahn Lee

http://www.enews24.net/ne..

ZE:A’s Im Si Wan will make a cameo as Heo Yeom in a sitcom.

Im Si Wan, who is currently starring in MBC’s daily sitcom Standby, will make his return as Heo Yeom on the show’s 11th episode, which will air on April 24.

The episode will reveal Im Si Wan and Kim Ye Won’s date as they put on historical drama costumes and travel to a Hanok (traditional Korean) village. The two are expected to reprise the role of Heo Yeom and Princess Min Hwa from The Sun and the Moon.

Im Si Wan was cast as the younger version of Heo Yeom in The Sun and the Moon.

In response to his cameo as Heo Yeom two months after the end of The Sun and the Moon, Im Si Wan said, “When I found out that I was going to wear a historical drama costume, it brought back the fond and nerve-wracking emotions from the set of The Sun and the Moon.”

Although Im Si Wan’s character was not particularly fond of Ye Won, he decided to go on a date with her simply because of the many gifts he had received from her. Moreover, the two manage to recreate the memorable scene from the movie Great Expectations when they stood facing each other from a drinking fountain.

Heo Yeom and Princess Min Hwa’s sitcom cameo will air on MBC’s Standby on April 24 at 7:45 pm.

Photo credit: MBC

http://upload.enewsworld.net/News/Contents/58104188.jpg

I hope it's going to be cute! I will definitely watch!

http://kpopfever.com/2012/03/the-moon-han-ga-in-shoots-a-bullet-of-love-towards-kim-soo-hyun/

hangainkimsoohyunsmile.jpg

I wonder what the were laughing at. They look so comfortable with each other.... awesome on and off camera chemistry.

BTW - Since I can't forget TMTETS - I tried watching Tree with Deep root. I thought that I could continue the "historical romance" feeling with Tree with deep root.. -_- , it's totally a different "style" of historical drama... too intense, too complicated and yet entertaining (though not as much as TMTETS)....

I compared every single thing to TMTETS - Joong Ki to Hwon - body language, wardrobe, voice... :huh:

I wonder if there will be a drama that could bring back the same "feeling" I had while watching TMTETS... so far none..

Hwon and Yeon Yoo effect is so big on me...

:wub: Love them so much... KSH emotion for HGI felt real...

Guest Megamissy

I  watch TMTETS again today starting from ep 16 onwards,I simply cannot find any dramas that can my mind off from TMTETS. I do watched few others new dramas but it does not has the same craving that I have for TMTETS.

I miss KSH and HGI, when emotionally they started to click with each other during shooting, the drama ended if the drama extends to 30 episodes that will be perfect, we can see many lovey dovey scene from this royal couple.

Their age are 6 years apart but they look so good as couple,KSH grown up to be very manly and HGI is very feminine,the chances of them team up again for another drama is zero.

In HK,Taiwan or China if a couple became famous because of a drama or a movie,producers were keep pairing them up for dramas and movies to cash in on their popularity but not in Korea film industry.

The above picture HGI sent a "love shot" to KSH during shooting of first kissing scene that's why KSH cannot resist her and captivated by HGI this beautiful Queen of his.

Chingus, even tomorrow our MoonSun wont receive the awards as we hope, I still like them the best and give them my love as the prize - the special love from the one who used to have not-good thinking feeling about Korean dramas! :wub:

This gift is very special! Even with TVB films (which I like so much) I have never given this... hahahha..... :lol: 

ANYBODY INTERESTED IN OUR METS STARS WALKING THE RED CARPET AND HOPE FOR SOME AWARDS @ THE BAEKSANG AWARDS SHOW, HERES THE LIVE STREAM LINK:

PPTV

The ceremony will take place at the Jamsil Olympic Hall on 26th of April at 6.30 PM KST....Wish All the Best for KIM SOO HYUN ♥ ♥

FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!