Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clearing underarms

HELP PLEASE T_T
So prom is coming up in a few weeks and I'm in needy help to clear my underarms. It's really bad.... There are several small bumps, discoloration, redness, in grown hairs..
Are there any home remedies to help clear it up as soon as possible? I would post pictures but it's really bad..
I don't shave.. I pluck..

Please and thank you so much!!

Replies

• CalligraphyCalligraphy Posts: 122Member

ROOKIE

What kind of deodorant do you use, if you use any that is?

Some at home remedies I've tested and work (but require frequent usage) is lemon juice and as an underarm toner and potato slices as an underarm mask. Do the lemon juice remedy before you pluck or it'll sting if you do it afterwards. Also, make sure to do this daily and preferably around the time before you shower since the juice gets sticky! The juice will eat away at the dead skin so there's less discoloration and you'll be able to get rid of the in grown hairs more easily (but this part takes a bit of time). The potato slices clear up discoloration too but this takes more time than the lemon juice. The redness doesn't really go away though so you'll have to cover it up. Read this post too, it might be helpful for the redness and bumps!
    If you still have time, try the Bison Wakilala line (my personal review) too. It's good for the smell and semi-brightens with daily use :)
  • sugarlessgirlsugarlessgirl the here and now, but occasionally i go back in tiPosts: 546Member
    Exfoliate with one of those Japanese or Korean nylon scrubby towels and make sure you're cleaning off (I use face cleansing oil to get it all off)your deodorant properly each time you shower. Also, for redness, try witch hazel; it's known to calm down irritation (and it's natural). Try Thayer's brand - my favorite is the rose one!

• YoliePYolieP Posts: 700Member

IDOL

Exfoliate regularly and let the hair grow, when it's long enough go have them waxed!. Also I think most deodorants contain aluminum which I've heard darkens your armpits, so try finding one that doesn't have that.

If it still looks horrible...you could always apply some foundation to it lol. Although that would be gross if you apply it over the deodorant but hey...probably a lot of models get put foundation on their underarms to make them look more smooth and even.

• miss.jmiss.j Posts: 52Member
    It isn't a home remedy but there are fading creams that are supposed to help with this issue. They should be in the same aisle as waxes at your local department/drug store. Using makeup on the day of should work as well - just make sure to touch it up after a while. Good luck!
  • 1finedai1finedai Posts: 302Member

IDOL

edited April 2012
    i say until the day/night of the prom just let the hairs grow out naturally.
    the bumps by then will have calmed down. & then tweezer the hairs out
    the morning of.

& just saw this on tv, might help:
    Clear Tone™ Skin Renew Deodorant

Heres the product info:
    Did you know? When underarm skin is irritated by shaving, it can respond by creating dark marks.

The solution — Dove® Clear Tone™ Skin Renew Deodorant. Its unique formula, made with calendula and sunflower seed extracts, moisturizes to accelerate the natural skin renewal process, helping to visibly reduce dark marks and even tone with regular use over time, while providing 24-hour odor and wetness protection.

Experience superior care for your underarms that stays on skin — not on clothes.
  • scrump92scrump92 Posts: 43Member

ROOKIE

I would say exfoliate and try not to use deodorant cause I heard that makes underarms darker. Also don't shave the area/pluck/wax until a day or so before prom (let the hair grow out) and then pluck or wax the area! for ingrown hairs after being in the bath for awhile the skin gets soft and "moveable" and you can usually ease the hair out of the skin....
  • ashley123ashley123 Posts: 52Member
    I use the italian towel to exfoliate but it's still like that.. I use the Dove clinical protection visibily smooth deoderant.
    I think out of all my problems, the redness is the worst.. Are there any home remedies to clear it up? Does honey help in any way?
    I have a brightning cream I've been using but it hasn't been targeting the places I needed it to whiten so I'm trying to clear up the redness and bumpy spots first. The bump spots I've had for a long time.. It's usually wear the ingrown hairs are and I've been exfoliating everyday for a long time. I feel it's a lot smoother than before but there are just those ingrown hairs that drive me nuts.
  • remembertonightremembertonight Posts: 15Member, New Member
    like 1finedai said, i'd suggest you try dove's skin renew. i also have problem with my underarms because of discoloration and i've been using dove's skin renew for a couple of weeks and i do actually notice a difference (i use it day and night). and since you are working to have clear underarms for prom, just let the hairs grow until then and shave them when you're getting ready. this will prevent you from shaving too much which could just lead to more discoloration and other problems.
    243eoue.png_
    under the same sky, at different places â™¥ 
  • chinchillableschinchillables Posts: 95Member
    ashley123 wrote on 15 April 2012 - 11:15 PM:

So prom is coming up in a few weeks and I'm in needy help to clear my underarms. It's really bad.... There are several small bumps, discoloration, redness, in grown hairs..
    Are there any home remedies to help clear it up as soon as possible? I would post pictures but it's really bad..
    I don't shave.. I pluck..

Please and thank you so much!!

Try all natural organic soaps without all the added scents. another thing is after you shave/pluck/whatever, you need to put cool water on that area to close the pores back and do your best NOT to sweat. Also if you use deodorant during that time right after shaving, you will possibly get some irritation which can cause your underarms to swell or turn red.
    (^_^)yess.gifyesa.gifimageimage<=> Love yourself... and me too!!image (Mobile App that pays $2511.75 a month to spread the word !!!)