Genre: Historical & Medical & Fantasy
Episodes: 24
Broadcast Network: SBS
Broadcast Period: 2012-Aug-13 to 2012-Oct-30
Air Time: Monday & Tuesday @ 21:55 PM
Director: Kim Jong Hak
Screenwriter: Song Ji Na

SYNOPSIS

This drama shows the love between a warrior from the Goryeo Period and a female doctor from the present day, their love transcending time and space.

Yoo Eun Soo (Kim Hee Sun) is a 33-year old plastic surgeon in the year 2012. She was originally a general surgeon, but quickly found that it was an overworked, under-paid profession and jumped ship to plastic surgery. Her dream is to someday open her own practice. But one day, Choi Young (Lee Min Ho) kidnaps her and takes her back to the Goryeo era because he needs her medical skills. Their love story spans centuries but also warring beliefs, he gives up on love to be an unflinching warrior.

CAST

Lee Min Ho as Choi Young
Kim Hee Sun as Yoo Eun Soo
Lee Philip as Jang Bin
Sung Hoon as Cheon Eum Ja
Ryu Duk Hwan as King Gong Min
Park Se Young as Princess Nogook
Yoo Oh Sung as Ki Cheol
Shin Eun Jung as Hwa Soo In
Lee Byung Joon as Jo Il Sin

NEWS & INFORMATION

Spoiler

Kim Hee Sun's 'Faith' Up for a 2011 Premiere
Fusion Medical-Fantasy Drama Gets on the SBS Schedule
Kim Hee Sun Keeps the Faith
'Time Slip Dr. Jin' Production Demands the Suspension of 'Faith'
Lee Min Ho Stars Opposite Kim Hee Sun in 'Faith'
Han Ga In, Kang Hye Jung, Kim Hee Sun: Married Women Take Over the Small Screen
[Trans] ‘Dr Jin’ Will Be Premiering Before ‘Faith’… MBC Confirms June/July Broadcast‏

Lee Kim Productions Causing Legal Problems with SBS's "Faith"?
'Faith' Plagiarism Has Been Lifted and Both Parties Will Continue with Their Production
Battle of Fusion Historical Dramas: Lee Jun Ki vs. Lee Min Ho
Min Hyo Rin Positively Considering Role for "Faith" Which Stars "City Hunter" Lee Min Ho
Kim Hee Sun Seeing a Plastic Surgeon Lately
"City Hunter" Lee Min Ho Thanks Fans with New Selca!
Drama 'Faith' Has First Filming
Jeong Joon Ho Comes Back With 'Faith'
Kim Hee Sun "Acting Life Part 2"
'Faith' Lee Min Ho's First Historical Challenge
Lee Min Ho is an Action Hero Once Again Through 'Faith'
Lee Min Ho's Hairpiece for 'Faith' Takes Five Hours
'Faith' Lee Philip's Fan Dance
Lee Min Ho Tries to Fight the Heat and Loses 5kg in the Process
Kim Hee Sun's Passionate Acting on the Set of 'Faith'
Actor Sung Hoon Sheds 5kg for 'Faith' Role
Kim Hee Sun's Beauty Shines in 'Faith'
Lee Min Ho Stuns Production Crew with His Horseback Riding Skills
"Faith" Lee Min Ho's Sword Fighting Skill
"Faith's" Lee Min Ho Films Underwater Scene Wearing 7kg Armor
Kim Hee Sun is Covered in Blood in 'Faith'
Lee Min Ho's 'Faith' Releases First Official Poster
Ali Sings "Carry On" for 'Faith' OST
Lee Min Ho Reveals He Lost 7kg in One Month
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Reveals His Pretty Boy Past
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Revives with Kim Hee Sun's Tears
'Faith' Lee Min Ho Surprises Kim Hee Sun with a Confession
'Faith' Kim Hee Sun - Lee Min Ho, Sweet Romance
'Faith' Lee Min Ho Accused of Treason by Yoo Oh Sung
'Great Doctor' Ryu Deok Hwan Grows Into King Gong Min
'Great Doctor' Counter Attack Begins for King Gong Min
'Great Doctor' Appearance of Lee Sung Kye Gets Viewers Talking
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Will Not Talk Nonsense
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun Disguised as Man, Says Goodbye to Lee Min Ho
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Past Love Revealed
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho, Kim Hee Sun Finally Get Physical
'Great Doctor' Princess Noguk Blushes at the Thought of Sleeping with King Gongmin
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Accused of Corruption and Accepting Bribery
Younha Sings for 'Great Doctor' OST
'The Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho, Will He Accept Park Yoon Jae's Offer?
Lee Min Ho Close-Up Self-Camera for Chuseok, "Happy Thanksgiving"
'Great Doctor' Officially Enters the Third Act
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun and Lee Min Ho to Part Soon?
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun, Why is Her Name Yoo Eun Soo?
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun - Lee Min Ho, Fate Not Coincidence
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Kisses Kim Hee Sun
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Takes Kim Hee Sun in His Arms
'Great Doctor' OST, Brown Eyed Soul Young Jun Participates
'Great Doctor' Park Yoon Jae Grows as a Villain
'Great Doctor' Will Lee Min Ho Strike Back Against Park Yoon Jae and Yoo Oh Sung?
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun and Lee Min Ho Back Hug
'Great Doctor' How Will the Two Couples End?
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun Transforms into Soldier
'Great Doctor' Princess No Guk and King Gong Min Cry Silent Tears
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun, Lee Min Ho Raising Stakes on the Drama
'Great Doctor' Philip Lee to Leave the Drama
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Asks Kim Hee Sun to Stay
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Comforts Kim Hee Sun
Rookie Girl Group One Piece to Sing OST Before Debut
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun Decides to Stay
'Great Doctor' Kim Hee Sun Takes Self-Portraits for Fans
'Great Doctor' Park Yoon Jae First Appearance, Tempts Kim Hee Sun
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho's Suspicious Right Hand
'Great Doctor' Park Sang Won Warns Lee Min Ho
'Great Doctor' Lee Min Ho Likes Back Hugs?
'Great Doctor' Releases 37-Track OST
K-Drama Time Machine: Lee Min Ho Weaves Time Transcending Romance with Kim Hee Sun in "Faith"

OST

OST - Full

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
(Click to View)

VIKI CHANNEL
(Click to View)

VIDEOS

Teaser 1 || Teaser 2 || Teaser 3 || Teaser 4 || Japanese DVD Making ||

DRAMA BEANS | EPISODE RECAPS

Episode 1 || Episode 2 || Episode 3 || Episode 4 || Episode 5 || Episode 6 || Episode 7 || Episode 8 || Episode 9 || Episode 10 || Episode 11 || Episode 12 || Episode 13 || Episode 14 || Episode 15 || Episode 16 || Episode 17 || Episode 18 || Episode 19 || Episode 20 || Episode 21 || Episode 22 || Episode 23 || Episode 24

FAITH | SCATTERED JOONNI

Recaps, Behind the Scenes, Analyses & Many More

FAITH | ALL THINGS FAITH 신의

Soompi Faithling's Blog Posts (New home) - Analyses, Fan Videos, Fan Arts, Script and Novel tidbits/excerpt Translations & many more to come!

FAITH | BREATHLESS SURVIVAL

Faith's Noval Vol.1 and 2 Excerpt Translations

FAITH | RECAP/ADAPTATION

An extensive recap/adaptation

Credits: Drama Wiki

Lee Min-ho stars opposite Kim Hee-sun in Faith

by girlfriday | April 3, 2012 |

BY DRAMABEANS

LeeMinHo10.jpg

So if reports are true, fantasy fusion historical epic Faith has FINALLY found its hero in Lee Min-ho (City Hunter). Well, technically it had two other heroes before they had to drop out of the running; it’s kind of the drama that couldn’t keep a man, so I’ll go ahead and believe the Lee Min-ho news when I see him dressed in period costume and ditching his City Hunter gun for a sword and his car for a horse.

The drama has managed to hold onto its leading lady through all the hero drama, and actress Kim Hee-sun has confirmed (or re-confirmed, or re-re-confirmed, I’m honestly not sure anymore) that she’ll be sticking with the role. This will be Kim’s first role in six years, since 2006′s Smile Again. If you’re unfamiliar, she was one of the reigning It Girls for the better part of the nineties, and starred in almost every trendy drama I can remember from that decade.

So based on the latest description, Faith is actually YET ANOTHER time-traveling sageuk, which is maybe so common now that it’s gone from redundant back around to being funny. I guess technically Faith was supposed to air before all these other ones beat it to the broadcast punch, but that’s just the name of the game, ’cause now you’re just riding the trend instead of setting it. It’s set in the Goryeo era, where a warrior meets a doctor from the present and the two fall in love. Uh… Time Slip Dr. Jin anyone? Lee will play the warrior, a leader of the royal guard, and Kim the lively and animated… wait for it… plastic surgeon. HA. Okay, that’s pretty funny. What are they gonna do with a plastic surgeon in the Goryeo era?

At least now I see where the funny will come from, because before when they called it a fantasy-medical-fusion-historical-comedy, I thought they were just confused. At the helm is the dream team–PD Kim Jong-hak and writer Song Ji-nah–of Sandglass, Eyes of Dawn, and Legend. Rounding out the cast are Choi Min-soo, Kim Seung-soo, Philip Lee and Park Sang-won.

This will be both Lee Min-ho’s and Kim Hee-sun’s first foray into historical fare, so we’ll have to see if they can deliver. They’ve got a lot of obstacles–sageuk delivery, a ten-year age gap, and stunts for Lee–but whether it soars above expectation or goes down in flames, it sure has my interest.

Faith has landed a broadcast slot following Ghost and premieres in August on SBS.

KimHeeSun4.jpg

Via Star News

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE LMH IN A HISTORICAL DRAMA w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif HWAITING!!!!

Guest rintintintin

So the news is true...I don't know If I'll watch this one... Hope that it will not affect my studies this time. (Since I'm graduating student next year. :P)

April 4, 2012

Han Ga In, Kang Hye Jung, Kim Hee Sun: Married Women Take Over the Small Screen

Source: Nate l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung Translation Credit : Erika Kim

The small screen is seeing the coming of a new wave of actresses: married ones. Married actresses are recently rising as the main stars of romance dramas, enjoying the popularity they enjoyed when they were single.

Han Ga In of MBC’s The Sun and the Moon, which wrapped up in March, teamed with the six year younger flower boy Kim Soo Hyun and made it big with 40 percent viewership ratings.

More recently, in tvN’s Marriage Plot, Kang Hye Jung is being praised for her cute love line with Lee Gyu Han, garnering 1 percent ratings, high numbers for a cable program.

On April 3, Kim Hee Sun revealed that she would be acting with the 10 year younger Lee Min Ho in SBS’ Faith, which is coming up for August, while the newlywed Han Ji Hye became a Joseon girl coupled up with Chun Jung Myung in the drama The Duo last year.

C120405_06.jpg

These new ventures taken on by married actresses breaks through the stereotype that romcoms should be headed by beautiful single women in their 20s.

Many drama producers used to agree that it’s better to cast an unmarried actress rather than a married one, even if that means they have to cast an actress in her late 30s.

This is why single actresses such as Kim Sun Ah, Ha Ji Won, Kim Ha Neul, Kim Tae Hee, Son Ye Jin, Han Ji Min and Han Ye Seul have been able to grab lead mini series roles even though they’re older than average or have constantly been embroiled in controversies about their acting skills.

Han Chae Young, Jang Shin Young, Park Si Yeon, Son Tae Young, Kim Hyo Jin, Chae Rim and Jung Si A used to be favorites for romcoms, but they rarely got offers for the same roles after their marriage. Most of them turned to newlywed or widowed roles, and had to settle for daily drama roles rather than those for trendy mini series. If nothing fit, they had to quietly take a long rest, or turn their sights to China and other overseas markets.

As the demand for actresses rose with the development of general service channels and cable channel dramas, however, drama producers’ mindsets have changed. As the war to cast actresses became fiercer every day, some started considering married actresses for the more trendy roles.

Such actresses pounced on the opportunity, and started to claim the romcom queen name for themselves little by little. E Jiah’s Me Too, Flower!, which aired on MBC, wasn’t really a success ratings-wise, but it was praised for its quality and in that it was E Jiah’s comeback to the scene after her divorce suit with Seo Taiji. Her appearance showed how much viewers had changed, as there was never a controversy that pointed out that she didn’t seem to fit the role.

One official from a certain management company said, “In the past, married female celebrities had to go for supporting roles or act as the partner in a married woman’s love affair romance. Because of this, when agencies signed new contracts with actresses, they always asked whether she had any plans for marriage or whether she had any boyfriends. More recently, however, many actresses are overcoming the limitations their status as married women provide, becoming role models for women in their 20s and 30s even after their marriage. The success of Han Ga In and Kang Hye Jung support this phenomenon. Many married actresses are gaining new hope with their successes and are cheering them on.”

Son Tae Young recently signed a contract with J One Plus Entertainment, Han Ga In’s current agency. She is determined to become an actress with as big a presence as Han Ga In.

Kim Hee Sun also showed her attachment to Faith, saying, “I’m more nervous than when I was a rookie.”

A rep from Lee Min Ho’s agency said, “Many were worried about the fact that [Lee Min Ho] would be acting with the married Kim Hee Sun, but like Han Ga In and Kim Soo Hyun succeeded in making the nation laugh and cry with them in The Sun and the Moon, if all of the actors play their roles, it won’t be too awkward. I heard that Kim Hee Sun had been preparing for her comeback for a long time after her marriage, and I hope she shows great teamwork with Lee Min Ho for a great synergy effect.”

An official of Marriage Plot also said, “Kang Hye Jung is looking to become the next biggest romcom couple with Lee Gyu Han with her ripe acting. She’s showing her determination with various adlibs as a career woman who has never dated before. I believe this appealed to the viewers and led to the great ratings.”

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min, tvN, Hanji Entertainment

Guest Anomalous

Thank you for making this thread. Finally Faith has secured a male lead. I'm happy about that. I will looking forward to watching Lee Min Ho taking on sageuk. It will be a new challenge for him. Min Ho fighting! :)

[Trans] 120404 ‘Dr Jin’ Will Be Premiering Before ‘Faith’… MBC Confirms June/July Broadcast‏

MBC made its decision for broadcast of drama ‘Time-Slip Dr. Jin’ in June or July.

‘Time-Slip Dr Jin’ is about a renowned Korean doctor in 2012 who time-travelled back to Joseon Dynasty in 1860s and fought for himself. This drama is an newly-conceptualized medical drama.

Based on long-running Japanese comic by Motoka Murakami, a TBS produced Japanese drama with the same name gained a lot of popularity in  2009.

The involvement of Song Seung Hun and JYJ member Kim Jaejoong as co-leads have attracted attention to the drama.

Director Han Hee who directed MBC’s ‘Over The Rainbow’, ‘Super Rookie’, ‘Merry Go Round’, ‘The Bean Chaff of My Life’ etc, will be directing this drama, nailing the trust. (T/N: Director/Producer Han Hee also produced ‘Miss Ripley’.) It will be co-written by Writer Han Ji Hoon (Writer of movies ‘Taegukgi’, ‘Running Wild’, ‘Once Upon A Time in Seoul’) and Jun Hyun Ji.

In ‘Time Slip Dr Jin’, Song Seung Hun will be challenging the role of ‘Time-Travelled Modern Doctor’ Jin Hyuk who travelled 150 years into the past and displayed his excellent medical skills. Kim Jaejoong will be Kim Kyung Tak who is a highly skilled Joseon-renowned military official and a descendant from a family of military officials. This will be Kim Jaejoong’s first-time acting in a historical drama.

The production team expressed, “We will be confirming the female lead soon and after which confirming the rest of the cast.”, “The filming will start on the 15th of April with intensive filming scheduled to bring out the best work to everyone.”

After the decision by MBC for ‘Time Slip Dr Jin”s broadcasting time slot in June/July, the battle between ‘Time Slip Dr Jin’ and the broadcasting of ‘Faith’ in August has aroused attention. As both works are about modern-day doctors who time-travelled back to the past and showcased their medical skills, causing conflicts with the people from Joseon era. The contract with ‘Time Slip Dr Jin’ creator Motoka Murakami is currently being drafted.

Source:

mydaily + kimjaejoongbar

Trans by: rachui@sharingyoochun

Guest myphim

Haha...so the battle begins for Dr. Jin and Faith. :)

It will be more interesting if they are broadcast at the same time. ;)

I have 'Faith' in Min Ho, I'm sure he will do well. :)

Lee Kim Productions Causing Legal Problems with SBS's "Faith"?

Lee Kim Productions, of the drama "Time Slip Dr. Jin", announced that they will firmly handle a conflict with the SBS drama "Faith". Lee Kim Productions has already submitted a certification of contents to the producers of "Faith" and is also considering submitting an injunction that would prohibit the drama from being broadcast.

The problem at hand is that the contents of the two dramas,

"Faith" and "Time Slip Dr. Jin", are alike. The dramas are based on time travel and they also feature a modern day doctor traveling back in time. Lee Kim Productions has signed a contract with the creators of the original Japanese story and is producing "Time Slip Dr. Jin".

The

"Faith" production team doesn't see this as a problem. Officials from the SBS drama department said, "We have learnt that this matter isn't a problem according to legal sources. We have completed comparing of the two dramas as well".

In addition, there have been arguments that

"Faith" has drastically edited its contents. A person involved in this drama  said, "The newly written script is different from what writer Song Ji-na initially wrote. The medical theme of the drama has been diluted and there are no concerns of plagiarism.

After this statement Lee Kim Productions argued, "The subject matter of 'time travel' and 'doctor' are still the same. Japan is currently asking questions and complaining about

"Faith". The two major features of the drama are time traveling and a doctor character, so if these two are still the same then that is a problem.

Chairwoman Jo Yoon-jeong of Lee Kim Productions said, "SBS handed over television rights to the production company so it's not their legal responsibility, but they still have moral responsibility to air original content. If "

Time Slip Dr. Jin" is aired on MBC in June or July, we will submit an injunction prohibiting "Faith" from being broadcast and also pursue other legal matters".

"Faith" is Kim Hee-seon's comeback drama, her first in six years. Lee Min-ho joined the cast recently and it should air in August.

Song Seung-heon and Hero also joined "Time Slip Dr. Jin". The cast is just as impressive as that of "Faith". The exact broadcast date of the drama is still being debated but it is likely that it will begin in June or July.

Credits: News Nate + HanCinema

Guest myphim

Wow! So many problems already plaguing the drama.I don't really understand the legal problems, but if they are complaining because of the similarity of both dramas, then you can pretty much say that most dramas out there these days are really similar to each other in content.

I don't really see the problem, I think Dr. Jin production is being melodramatic. Faith has been in existence for two years now looking for a male lead and they choose now to sent a complain?! Are they afraid of a little competition? :)

Lee Min Ho's "Faith" Accused of Plagiarism by Song Seung Hun's "Time Slip Dr. Jin"

by: jbarky on Apr 6, 2012

9139a4b836fc766a29fddeb7188d15b1_large.jpg

It looks like the upcoming SBS drama “Faith” which is supposed to broadcast sometime in August is going through an emotional rollercoaster. As we reported before, Lee Min Ho from “City Hunter” and actress Kim Hee Sun were confirmed as main characters for the drama.

d521c47179aafa070f1dac2196b9e5ff_large.jpg

However, “Faith” is currently being accused of plagiarism by the production company of the upcoming MBC drama “Time Slip Dr. Jin.” (The drama will star Song Seung Hun)

The production company of “Time Slip Dr. Jin” is Lee Kim Production and their legal representative stated, “Last March 2, we sent a request to see the storyline, however we have not received an official response. We will continue to take action. If we need to we will even go to court and request that their drama be shut down.”

The reason for this accusation is the fact that both dramas contain a storyline of a doctor from the current timeline travelling into the past.

“Time Slip Dr. Jin” will broadcast sometime between June and July

cr: soompi

I THINK IT WILL NOT BE APPROPRIATE TO AIR FAITH IMMDLY. AFTER DR.JIN SINCE IT ALMOST HAVE THE SIMILAR PLOT. IT TOOK NEARLY 2 YEARS TO FIND A LEAD FOR THIS DRAMA AND NOW, SOME NEW PROBLEMS IS CROPPING UP. HOPE MBC POSTPONE THE AIRING OF THIS DRAMA ATLEAST AND I DONT WANT THIS DRAMA TO GET CANCELLED, BECOZ IT ALREADY CONFIRMED LMH AS ITS LEAD.

FAITH AND LMH FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘Faith’ plagiarism accusation has been lifted & both parties will continue with their production

Posted on: 8th April 2012by: Solly

SBS officially announced on April 6th about the similarities between ‘Faith’ and ‘Dr. Jin’ that “There is no problem with the copyright infringement so the production and shooting will continue.”

The lawyer who’s representing Lee Kim Production said that the law firm representing SBS for the upcoming drama ‘Faith’ sent all the needed documents through fax. SBS revealed, “The SBS law firm was officially reviewed by a third party law firm, and came into conclusion that copyright infringement was not highly likely in this case.”

SBS also added, “In regards to whether or not if there was a copyright infringement, SBS submitted scripts from the first three episodes of ‘Faith’ while MBC submitted their own scripts for ‘Dr. Jin.’ It was determined that the copyright infringement was low,” and also explained, “In order for it to be considered a copyright infringement, both parties must have substantial similarities between their works.”

Also, “‘Faith’ and ‘Dr. Jin’ do have similar general plot about a doctor going through a time slip demonstrating modern medicine, and treating major historical figures at that time. However, this type of plot is very common in comics, movies, dramas, etc., so it is difficult to acknowledge its originality when it is borrowed from a common plot, especially when it’s still in development process such as going into specific topics, events, and backgrounds.” SBS also said, “There are other Japanese mangas such as ‘Fantasy Game’ and ‘Red River Sky’ which have similar plots as well.”

SBS concluded, “It has been determined that there was no correlation between both works based upon the nature of its characteristics and types, such as storylines and characters’ personalities,” and also revealed, “After a thorough legal review, there was no copyright infringement involved upon SBS, so the production planning for ‘Faith’ will continue without any charge.”

On the other hand, Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun will be playing the leading roles for the drama ‘Faith’ which is set to air this August.

Original Source: JoyNews24

Translated By: Solly @ Lee Min Ho’s World (leeminhoworld.com)

Battle of Fusion Historical Dramas: Lee Jun Ki vs. Lee Min Ho   

Two hallyu stars, who both have many fans all around the world, will compete against each other on the small screen. The two stars are Lee Min Ho and Lee Jun Ki. Coincidentally, the two will both be making a comeback in a historical drama.

Lee Jun Ki will be the one to comeback first. After completing his four years of military service, Lee Jun Ki is returning through the MBC drama, "Arang and the Magistrate," which is coming out near the end of July. He will be playing the role of the magistrate, Eun Oh.

"Arang and the Magistrate" is a fusion historical drama about the story of a government official, who tries to help relieve the grudge over the unfair death of a young woman. In the drama, Eun Oh has an ability to see ghosts, which he had since he was young. Thanks to that ability, he is always troubled by the ghosts, until, he meets the young woman ghost, Arang, who is played by actress Shin Min Ah. Eun Oh eventually falls in love with Arang. With his character possessing both intelligence and strength, Lee Jun Ki is planning to capture the viewers with his fighting skills.

Lee Jun Ki gained much success in past historical movies and dramas, like "The King and the Clown" and "Iljimae," so there is much anticipation for this new drama. When he recently met with the production team for the first time, he revealed, "My body is already tickling with excitement. I will give it my all to play the role of Eun Oh."

After a week or two of Lee Jun Ki's comeback, Lee Min Ho will be making his return. He will be playing the role of General Choi Young, who leads the troops of King Gong Min, in the SBS drama, "Faith," which will air in the beginning of August.

"Faith"  is a fusion historical drama about a Koryo soldier and a present day female doctor coming together to create a king that can cure his people. The drama is already garnering a lot of interest because since debuting, this is Lee Min Ho's first time acting in a historical drama. Also, it is a new drama done by PD Kim Jong Hak and writer Song Ji Na, who did the dramas, "Sandglass" and "The Legend," in the past.

Lee Min Ho is also planning on getting the viewers' attention by showing more upgraded action in the drama. In order to do that, he is currently learning horseback riding, archery, and sword fighting.

A representative of Lee Min Ho's agency, Starhaus Entertainment, said, "Being his first historical drama, we did worry a lot. However, with a desire for a new challenge and a change in acting, we have high hopes for him."

Credits: Soompi

Guest myphim

^ Haha...first there was a battle against 'Dr. Jin' and now Faith is up against Lee Jun Ki's Arang. Both dramas sound awesome, this will be tough competition. Cannot wait for the summer. :)

Guest Anomalous

Any more updates on Faith?! I hope the legal issues will not keep it from going into production. Really looking forward to this drama. Between Faith and Arang, this summer will be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pallycute

NEW CAST: SUNG HOON

Sorry, I don't have full English translation for this news.

He confirmed to play in Faith drama. Previously he acted as Ah Da Mo in New Tales of Gisaeng

2mh5c2.jpg

'신기생뎐' 성훈, 1년만에 SBS '신의'로 안방 컴백

SBS '신기생뎐'의 배우 성훈이 1년 만에 안방극장으로 돌아온다.

성훈은 오는 8월 방송하는 SBS 수목극 '신의'에 캐스팅돼 지난해 7월 종영한 '신기생뎐' 이후 오랜만에 안방극장을 찾아온다. 최근 '신의'의 연출자 김종학 PD와 수차례 미팅을 갖고 출연을 확정지었다. 극 중 다양한 액션을 소화하며 남성미가 물씬 풍기는 강한 이미지를 가진 캐릭터를 맡는다.

성훈의 소속사 스탤리온엔터테인먼트 측은 27일 "처음부터 다시 시작한다는 마음으로 철저히 준비해 오디션에 임했다. 아직 부족한 점이 많지만 김종학 감독님이 성훈의 열정과 패기를 높이 사 '신의'에 승선할 수 있었다"고 밝혔다. 아울러 "대작인 '신의'에서 비중있는 캐릭터를 맡아 전작인 '신기생뎐'에서 볼 수 없었던 새로운 모습을 선보일 것"이라고 덧붙였다.

수영선수 출신인 성훈은 평소 운동으로 다져온 탄탄한 몸매와 강한 남성미를 '신의'에서 한껏 발산한다. '신기생뎐' 후 중국에서 촬영한 중국 드라마 '보디가드'가 오는 8월 중국 CCTV에서 방송할 예정이어서 겹경사를 맞게 됐다.

신한류 스타로 부상 중인 성훈은 지난 23일 싱가포르 마리나 베이 샌즈 컨벤션홀에서 열린 '2012 싱가포르 맨즈 패션 위크'에서 세계적인 브랜드 MCM의 메인 모델로 오프닝과 피날레 갈라쇼를 장식하며 아시아 언론의 스포트라이트를 받기도 했다.

Source: 조현정기자 hjcho@sportsseoul.com

Guest myphim

pallycute wrote on 26 April 2012 - 11:21 PM:
NEW CAST: SUNG HOON

Sorry, I don't have full English translation for this news.
He confirmed to play in Faith drama. Previously he acted as Ah Da Mo in New Tales of Gisaeng

'신기생뎐' 성훈, 1년만에 SBS '신의'로 안방 컴백

SBS '신기생뎐'의 배우 성훈이 1년 만에 안방극장으로 돌아온다.

성훈은 오는 8월 방송하는 SBS 수목극 '신의'에 캐스팅돼 지난해 7월 종영한 '신기생뎐' 이후 오랜만에 안방극장을 찾아온다. 최근 '신의'의 연출자 김종학 PD와 수차례 미팅을 갖고 출연을 확정지었다. 극 중 다양한 액션을 소화하며 남성미가 물씬 풍기는 강한 이미지를 가진 캐릭터를 맡는다.

성훈의 소속사 스탤리온엔터테인먼트 측은 27일 "처음부터 다시 시작한다는 마음으로 철저히 준비해 오디션에 임했다. 아직 부족한 점이 많지만 김종학 감독님이 성훈의 열정과 패기를 높이 사 '신의'에 승선할 수 있었다"고 밝혔다. 아울러 "대작인 '신의'에서 비중있는 캐릭터를 맡아 전작인 '신기생뎐'에서 볼 수 없었던 새로운 모습을 선보일 것"이라고 덧붙였다.

수영선수 출신인 성훈은 평소 운동으로 다져온 탄탄한 몸매와 강한 남성미를 '신의'에서 한껏 발산한다. '신기생뎐' 후 중국에서 촬영한 중국 드라마 '보디가드'가 오는 8월 중국 CCTV에서 방송할 예정이어서 겹경사를 맞게 됐다.

신한류 스타로 부상 중인 성훈은 지난 23일 싱가포르 마리나 베이 샌즈 컨벤션홀에서 열린 '2012 싱가포르 맨즈 패션 위크'에서 세계적인 브랜드 MCM의 메인 모델로 오프닝과 피날레 갈라쇼를 장식하며 아시아 언론의 스포트라이트를 받기도 했다.

Source: 조현정기자 hjcho@sportsseoul.com