Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to delete topic!

Shimizu MiyukiShimizu Miyuki San FranciscoPosts: 51Member, New Member
edited June 2012 in fitness & sports

Replies

• h3adl0ckh3adl0ck Posts: 38Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't understand the thing about getting taller...

Maybe if you're still under 16 it is possible to grow another two inches but if not then you might be stuck at 5'2.

As for getting in shape, weight doesn't matter a lot of the time. It depends on your build and if you're carrying more muscle or more fat.

From personal experience I've actually gained about 3lbs in the past year but I lost an inch off my waist and hips, (also gained a cup size) because of working out and eating healthy. You need to eat right, you need to do cardio, and you definitely need to do weight training.

Try controlling your calorie intake and what you eat. Try to eat 1500 to 1800 calories a day of good things. Allow yourself to have a naughty day to eat whatever you like. That way you have something to look forward to and eating bad one day of the week isn't going to hurt you. If anything you will be apprehensive in doing so. And as hard as it is, try laying off the white rice : ( I know how hard it can be. If you can substitute your starch with sweet potatoes or brown rice. Or even with the white rice mix some beans in it. Also drink lots of water (and tea). No soft drinks. Milk and some fruit juice is okay.

As for cardio and working out, try to dedicate at least an hour three times a week. 30 minutes of cardio at least, and 20-30 minutes of weight lifting. And when you're out walk around more and at a faster pace. For lifting weights I would recommend 5lbs if you are not used to it. Work out every part of the body. Do push ups (which will make the chest perkier), do leg lifts to target lower stomach, do squats and so on. It really does work.

Best of luck to you : )
  • Shimizu MiyukiShimizu Miyuki San FranciscoPosts: 51Member, New Member
    h3adl0ck wrote on 30 March 2012 - 03:09 PM:

I don't understand the thing about getting taller...

Maybe if you're still under 16 it is possible to grow another two inches but if not then you might be stuck at 5'2.

As for getting in shape, weight doesn't matter a lot of the time. It depends on your build and if you're carrying more muscle or more fat.

From personal experience I've actually gained about 3lbs in the past year but I lost an inch off my waist and hips, (also gained a cup size) because of working out and eating healthy. You need to eat right, you need to do cardio, and you definitely need to do weight training.

Try controlling your calorie intake and what you eat. Try to eat 1500 to 1800 calories a day of good things. Allow yourself to have a naughty day to eat whatever you like. That way you have something to look forward to and eating bad one day of the week isn't going to hurt you. If anything you will be apprehensive in doing so. And as hard as it is, try laying off the white rice : ( I know how hard it can be. If you can substitute your starch with sweet potatoes or brown rice. Or even with the white rice mix some beans in it. Also drink lots of water (and tea). No soft drinks. Milk and some fruit juice is okay.

As for cardio and working out, try to dedicate at least an hour three times a week. 30 minutes of cardio at least, and 20-30 minutes of weight lifting. And when you're out walk around more and at a faster pace. For lifting weights I would recommend 5lbs if you are not used to it. Work out every part of the body. Do push ups (which will make the chest perkier), do leg lifts to target lower stomach, do squats and so on. It really does work.

Best of luck to you : )

Thankyou for the advice! I'm 14 and 1500-1800 calories is probably too high for me so I was thinking around 1000-1200. 
    I'll go to the gym ever day after school if I can and work out with weight training. 
    I like brown rice but I don't eat much rice anymore. 
    I'm putting effort in myself to stop eating things like cake, bread, nutella, etc
    I mostly eat chinese side dishes.(Family Chinese)
    I don't like soft drinks much and hate milk, unless I'm eating yogurt or milk into cereal or with something. Just plain is eww LOL
    Morning 30 min walk/jog eat then later youtube exercise then eat lunch then rest then youtube exercise then eat dinner then later walk 30 min.  
    That my plan after reading this. :) Will alternate when I get more tips or know more. Thank you very much ^.^ 

Today's Workout 3/30/12

Morning: Run/walk around the park (30 Min)

Breakfast
    1 Bagel w/ 2 tablespoon of 0kcal Strawberry Jam
    Home Made Kiwi Juices 1 Cup

Lunch: Healthy 2 small bowls fried rice.(White rice mix with veggies/ no oil use or anything.

Afternoon:

Pump It Up Dance Warm Up
    (Whole Body) 
    There is this creepy weird dude. 

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDVSFj4E90&feature=relmfu[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCn95KVHSw&feature=relmfu[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmwqL4Xbm-k&feature=channel[/media]

Figurebotics 
    (Workout Arms first few videos/last few are for legs) 
    Pretty woman, she winks a lot though. 

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ3KK_uKrDM&feature=relmfu[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsfQz57ZVd0&feature=channel[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXkX6t7dUn8&feature=channel[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZWWBZhqA_4&feature=channel[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udI4EVA_sWA&feature=channel[/media]

Dinner:
    Same as Lunch, Healthy Fried Rice with fish, water. 1 small bowl.
    (Asian Bowls are normally small like 1 cup I think)

Dawn: after eating, go for a slow walk 15 min then jog/walk for 15 min (30 Min)

After that come home

1 min stretches trying to do as many as I can under 1 min

Push up (If can't hold myself in push up position as long as i can. 

Curl Up

Crunches, Side Crunches

Bicycle legs.

Leg lift, both side, both together

Hip Raise

Abdominal side. 

Squat Jump

Jumping Jacks

END with SNSD Workout as cool down and stretch myself up.

Do homework, read fanfic, play psp, shower, and beauty sleep. 
  • orange1336orange1336 Posts: 57Member
    hey i'm also 14 :D I actually think your weight is quite healthy, you don't wanna be malnourished and stop growing D: I am 108 pounds and 5'3.5 pretty close to your weight and height and also looking to tone up a bit. For me the problem is that i LOVE bread and junk foods... and i'm not very active... anyways keep up the good work =)
  • snsd_foreverrsnsd_foreverr Posts: 232Member
    Okay, I'm not trying to be mean but either you have your weight wrong or those aren't pictures of yourself. Your belly and hips look really big for someone that is 105 lbs. 
  • xAriEllePhiliaxAriEllePhilia Posts: 548Member

ROOKIE

snsd_foreverr wrote on 31 March 2012 - 08:38 AM:

Okay, I'm not trying to be mean but either you have your weight wrong or those aren't pictures of yourself. Your belly and hips look really big for someone that is 105 lbs. 

uhm im actually like her (except im 5ft 1) my stomach is really wide cuz of love handles and if i relax, it actually protrudes EXACTLY like that
    and im also an apple shape so my stomach carries the most weight while my arms and legs are really skinny
    xAriEllePhilia wrote on 31 March 2012 - 11:38 AM:

uhm im actually like her (except im 5ft 1) my stomach is really wide cuz of love handles and if i relax, it actually protrudes EXACTLY like that
    and im also an apple shape so my stomach carries the most weight while my arms and legs are really skinny

Same as you! My stomach and Richard Simmons is where all my weight goes too and some on my neck but not noticeable. 

snsd_foreverr wrote on 31 March 2012 - 08:38 AM:

They are 100% pic of myself. Er..my body bone is small hence my weight is small? IDK but im really chubby even though my weight is not that high. 
  • snsd_foreverrsnsd_foreverr Posts: 232Member
    xAriEllePhilia wrote on 31 March 2012 - 11:38 AM:

But this chic looks like she has chubby legs too. For a person that's 5ft 1-2 inches, I would think that 105 is a good weight.

OP, you should be more active. Try doing some jumping jacks, jump rope, sit ups, crunches, and some running.

edited April 2012
    3/31/12

Morning: NO exercise raining, woke up at 11 something

Breakfast/Lunch: Bagel, Yogurt, Apple, Water

Lunch:Small bowl of noodles.

Afternoon: Pump it Up
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyUF6uYqsdI&feature=BFa&list=PL136424D4F474E898&lf=mh_lolz[/media]

Dinner: Healthy Fried Rice small bowl, noodles small bowl

Insanity Fit Test

Night: FU******** Unable to control myself tonight I ate some bread and yogurt at 9:30 =.= maybe I shouldn't have ate dinner at 3 something or 4 my family have to eat dinner so early =.=

Starting tomorrow, me wil take pictures of food I eat.
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    i also think you have your weight wrong because i'm 5'1 and i weight 119. but i look much thinner than you. i am not an apple shape but given that i am 14 pounds heavier than you, i would be thicker than you are.

i think you should look into burning calories through exercise rather than restricting your dietary calories too much. given your young age and your desire to grow a few inches, restricting calories isn't your way to go. you should be burning the calories through exercise instead.

you should also lay off the bagels. bagels aren't good for you. and make sure that your yogurt is full of good ingredients instead of fillers and things like that.

i think you should start insanity instead. it's much more effective than those youtube videos. plus it's less aggravating than those people in those youtube videos. i don't know how you manage to work out to those videos.
    duh123 wrote on 31 March 2012 - 02:52 PM:

i also think you have your weight wrong because i'm 5'1 and i weight 119. but i look much thinner than you. i am not an apple shape but given that i am 14 pounds heavier than you, i would be thicker than you are.

i think you should look into burning calories through exercise rather than restricting your dietary calories too much. given your young age and your desire to grow a few inches, restricting calories isn't your way to go. you should be burning the calories through exercise instead.

you should also lay off the bagels. bagels aren't good for you. and make sure that your yogurt is full of good ingredients instead of fillers and things like that.

i think you should start insanity instead. it's much more effective than those youtube videos. plus it's less aggravating than those people in those youtube videos. i don't know how you manage to work out to those videos.

Insanity look insane LOL I can't do a single push up..And I don't have money to pay for insanity, don't have credit card to do that and parent won't let me saying waste of money. So no choice but to lower calories and diet infront of youtube.
  • an6e7ican6e7ic Posts: 19Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2012
    Like some have mentioned, I also think you’re approaching this the wrong way. I wouldn’t worry too much about losing weight ‘cause 105 lbs is actually a good weight for someone your size. Like you, I have the same height, weight, and wide boned hips. When I was around your age, I had the same problem as you do. However, I now keep a thin figure ‘cause I eat healthy (without having to reduce my calorie intake by much either). I don’t even exercise a lot…maybe hiking once in a while, but that’s it! That’s not to say you shouldn’t exercise, ‘cause you should! Don’t be a lazy bum like me. LOL…

Anyway, I think your intake of carbohydrates might be the issue. There was one day that you had fried rice for both lunch and dinner. First of all, I never eat rice twice in a day. Only during dinner do I eat rice, that’s if I even eat rice at all. Second of all, I don’t eat anything that is fried or has the word “fried” in it. I know you said that you don’t add any oils to your fried rice, but the fact that you fried it means that you’re stripping it of it’s healthy nutrients, leaving you nothing but pure carbohydrates. Third of all, you should substitute white rice for brown rice. It’s a better option for a healthier diet.

Also, you need to intake foods with more fiber. It will make you full faster, and it’s better for your digestion. You should eat more vegetables and fruits. You also don’t need to eliminate bread from your diet. I love bread and can’t imagine my life without it, but I only eat whole wheat bread. Try going whole grain for your pasta/noodles too ‘cause they’re healthier, lower in fat, and richer in fiber.

Beware of how you cook your foods. Cooking your food with oil is not a bad thing. You just need to be cautious of what kind of oil you use. I use extra virgin olive oil a lot ‘cause it’s heart healthy and reduces bad cholesterol. Research has even identified it as a good source for weight loss. Besides, you still want to have your essential fats and oils in your healthy diet. Lastly, just be careful of how you season your food and especially watch your sodium intake.

Remember, eat healthy to BE HEALTHY and NOT ‘cause you want to lose weight. Honestly, the key to a healthy diet is just eating in moderation…

[Edit] Oppsie, forgot to log out of my friend's account. I'm SoulAce2. Sorry D!! heehee... :D
    an6e7ic wrote on 31 March 2012 - 04:51 PM:

Like some have mentioned, I also think you’re approaching this the wrong way.  I wouldn’t worry too much about losing weight ‘cause 105 lbs is actually a good weight for someone your size.  Like you, I have the same height, weight, and wide boned hips.  When I was around your age, I had the same problem as you do.  However, I now keep a thin figure ‘cause I eat healthy (without having to reduce my calorie intake by much either).  I don’t even exercise a lot…maybe hiking once in a while, but that’s it!  That’s not to say you shouldn’t exercise, ‘cause you should! Don’t be a lazy bum like me. LOL…

Anyway, I think your intake of carbohydrates might be the issue.  There was one day that you had fried rice for both lunch and dinner.  First of all, I never eat rice twice in a day.  Only during dinner do I eat rice, that’s if I even eat rice at all.  Second of all, I don’t eat anything that is fried or has the word “fried” in it.  I know you said that you don’t add any oils to your fried rice, but the fact that you fried it means that you’re stripping it of it’s healthy nutrients, leaving you nothing but pure carbohydrates.   Third of all, you should substitute white rice for brown rice.  It’s a better option for a healthier diet.

Also, you need to intake foods with more fiber.  It will make you full faster, and it’s better for your digestion.  You should eat more vegetables and fruits.  You also don’t need to eliminate bread from your diet.  I love bread and can’t imagine my life without it, but I only eat whole wheat bread.  Try going whole grain for your pasta/noodles too ‘cause they’re healthier, lower in fat, and richer in fiber.  

Beware of how you cook your foods.  Cooking your food with oil is not a bad thing. You just need to be cautious of what kind of oil you use.  I use extra virgin olive oil a lot ‘cause it’s heart healthy and reduces bad cholesterol.  Research has even identified it as a good source for weight loss.  Besides, you still want to have your essential fats and oils in your healthy diet.   Lastly, just be careful of how you season your food and especially watch your sodium intake.  

Remember, eat healthy to BE HEALTHY and NOT ‘cause you want to lose weight. Honestly, the key to a healthy diet is just eating in moderation…

[Edit] Oppsie, forgot to log out of my friend's account.  I'm SoulAce2. Sorry D!! heehee... :D

LLOL I don't cook the food, my grandpa does. I just eat what ever they have but I think I should stop doing that too.  Hm, I think I should start eating more healthier and maybe cook for myself =.= 
  • SoulAce2SoulAce2 Posts: 304Member

IDOL

SakuraMiyuki wrote on 31 March 2012 - 05:17 PM:

LLOL I don't cook the food, my grandpa does. I just eat what ever they have but I think I should stop doing that too.  Hm, I think I should start eating more healthier and maybe cook for myself =.= 

You could try motivating your family to eat healthy too...that's what I did with mine. It also helps to have their support.  Anyway, good luck with everything! :)
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

SakuraMiyuki wrote on 31 March 2012 - 08:19 PM:

Insanity look insane LOL I can't do a single push up..And I don't have money to pay for insanity, don't have credit card to do that and parent won't let me saying waste of money. So no choice but to lower calories and diet infront of youtube.

that's because i think the videos you posted up are a joke. insanity looks insane because it works. there's always beginner modifications for all the workouts. you can adjust any workout to your level of fitness. you don't need to buy insanity. you can look up schedules of insanity and people list the exercises in order.

don't be naive. i used to think that you can't get in shape unless you joined a gym. there's so many possibilities out there.

i'm just letting you know that you aren't going to reach your goal at the rate you are going. the combination of the things you are doing isn't going to cut it. if you want results, you need to make some real changes and stop making excuses to why you can't do this or that.
    duh123 wrote on 31 March 2012 - 06:52 PM:

that's because i think the videos you posted up are a joke. insanity looks insane because it works. there's always beginner modifications for all the workouts. you can adjust any workout to your level of fitness. you don't need to buy insanity. you can look up schedules of insanity and people list the exercises in order.

don't be naive. i used to think that you can't get in shape unless you joined a gym. there's so many possibilities out there.

i'm just letting you know that you aren't going to reach your goal at the rate you are going. the combination of the things you are doing isn't going to cut it. if you want results, you need to make some real changes and stop making excuses to why you can't do this or that.

I research more and found this Insanity Fit Test and I tried it with some complication like my grandpa walking in on me.
    Me: -working out- grandpa walk in -pause- stares 0.o walk away.......arkward.... (LOL)
    Search youtube how to do them.
    1.Switch Kicks 109
    2.Power Jacks 60
    3.Power Knees 64 Left 80 Right WTF 
    4.Power Jumps 35
    5.Globe Jumps 40
    6.Suicide Jump 10 (HATE ROAR!)
    7.Push Up Jacks 50 MODIFIED I can't do push up so I just do it semi attempt push up but then just end up jumping my leg close and out.
    8.Low Plank Oblique 80
    Not sure if I did it right because it from Youtube but yeah I sweat at least :) that good right? 

but that the only thing I found on google that list the works out....
    The Fit Test Chart

PS I done this before I saw this message :DDDD believe it or not. 

maybe I should try bodyrock.tv not sure it looks almost like insanity.....

SoulAce2 wrote on 31 March 2012 - 05:39 PM:

You could try motivating your family to eat healthy too...that's what I did with mine. It also helps to have their support.  Anyway, good luck with everything! :)

I just talk to them today told them to make me raw food... like salad, sushi etc, if not buy ingredient for me when they go out and I'll make them myself. Can't buy myself because I'm busy and don't know how to shop for ingredient..... =.= fail as a woman. I should find a hubby who can cook. I'll worried about that 10 or 20 years later LOL (>.<)

LOL my family hate raw food and they love to eat and sleep=.= I gave up on them long ago except my grandpa who go morning walk/jog with me. I'm scare of my neighborhood...

I'm starting to make Juices with my blender. :)

• sweetfantasy09sweetfantasy09 Still searching for myself... &#24950;&#22826;&#12398;&#19990;&#30028;Posts: 1,564Member

IDOL

the pump it up dance that you posted, those are so 80s aerobics workout. i mean it reminded me of what i used to do during that time in hope to lose weight.. but failed terribly. not losing weight at all. those cardio are not intense enough to lose weight. i am doing insanity and i just wish they have insanity back then during the 80s. haha! insanity works. you may wanna try it.. it's ok if you can't start it good. i started from having really bad stamina too and now i have build it up.

as for the jung dayeon's exercise.. her arms exercise.. really feel the burning. haha! i am sure it will work as for toning and all; however, it's not enough if you wanna lose weight. you need to combine this exercise with an intense cardio workout. this is just a side workout for you apart from cardio.
    Please read the signature rules
    sweetfantasy09 wrote on 31 March 2012 - 07:21 PM:

the pump it up dance that you posted, those are so 80s aerobics workout. i mean it reminded me of what i used to do during that time in hope to lose weight.. but failed terribly. not losing weight at all. those cardio are not intense enough to lose weight. i am doing insanity and i just wish they have insanity back then during the 80s. haha! insanity works. you may wanna try it.. it's ok if you can't start it good. i started from having really bad stamina too and now i have build it up.

as for the jung dayeon's exercise.. her arms exercise.. really feel the burning. haha! i am sure it will work as for toning and all; however, it's not enough if you wanna lose weight. you need to combine this exercise with an intense cardio workout. this is just a side workout for you apart from cardio.

Actually Pump it up KILL MY LEGS LOOL so I think its good for toning legs.

Jun Dayeon I like her videos my mom doing it too. :) but yeah have to agreed with you about toning i use it as cool down or maybe warmup. 

edited April 2012
    I made a food planner Journal. I planned ahead on what I should eat. 
    Also Shopping list and Notes. 

blogger-image-1291653309.jpg

blogger-image-1956355017.jpg

My breakfast today! 

My lunch was this and it was also my Dinner. 
    blogger-image-352685799.jpg

Snacks I ate during the day was 2 or 3 crackers. Peach Yogurt. Banana. Bite size milky way choco=.=

exercise: stretch and tone with Jung Figurebotics exercise video. 

I'm thinking of maybe getting INSANITY.... Should I?