Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DIY toilet paper roll containers

melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,084Administrator

ADMIN

very, very simple
I'd like to preface by saying that I know my crafting ability is nowhere near the standards of anyone who has posted tutorials in this forum -- don't expect much from me! But I thought there might be a few people like myself who can't handle exacto knives, don't really know how to sew, and can't knit or crochet -- but still get the urge to get crafty. I used to make these toilet paper/paper towel roll containers back in high school. The original instructions came from a Japanese magazine, but that's long been thrown in the trash. So I decided to recreate the steps here:

containerDIY.jpg

Basically, you can "read" it as L-R, top to bottom. In the first picture, a couple items are missing: flat cardboard (for the top and bottom of the containers) and tape. The tape is if your inner and outer rolls are the same diameter -- in that case, you would cut along the length of one roll and tape it so it's now a little smaller than the outer roll. And I would definitely recommend thinner fabric than what I used. I realized as I was making these that the thick fabric makes it look bulkier and more homemade than when I used to use a different type of fabric. Especially along the top and bottom. But the fabric I bought was reversible and so cute! I couldn't resist.

You can use these containers to store small items such as paper clips, pins, and beads. Enjoy!

jaykiddingBooger FaceSaseumilyyzillanebbalishT-GSunniRisehunterheartangels.disguiseMzLuulixoxo_sdbibJENNUHstarberSaltjinnysarangsmilecarnivaltinhieusimplii_forevahPeace_UPsuperhumanchichisoomppinkstellaaelizabethhaphanmdreamingofu213300loverantasarus

Replies